2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Steven Bowditch Arrested for DUI in Arizona

My point, is NO ONE was there to Help Bow, someone let him Drive now getting a DUI and that's the person should be Responsible for Serving him and letting him Drive.

You don't know that. Maybe some did try, maybe he was not in a crowd, maybe he was with no one he knew, maybe he doesn't appear "drunk" when he's had too much.

You are an enabler. He is responsible for his own behavior.

Not Enabler, it's your Alternative Facts

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point, is NO ONE was there to Help Bow, someone let him Drive now getting a DUI and that's the person should be Responsible for Serving him and letting him Drive.

Listen man, I'm all for cutting off people when they've had too much but you can't blame the bartender for someone else getting a DUI. How is it someone elses fault that no one was there with him? The only person at fault here is Bowdo for making the poor decision he made. Yeah, it hurts but it's the truth. The worst part about it is he was probably too sauced to even make the right decision and call for a ride.

Most people are aware of those Who are Impaired within the Bar, I guess if i was there, seeing his Condition, I would have taken the chance to Stop him from leaving the Bar...Not My Business but my responsibility to make the right choice for him and the Public so Not to Injure anyone driving under the Influence.

"End Of Story"

how dare you say you'd intervene in a man potentially getting a DUI!! That's his business and it's personal! Shame on you

Listen man, I'm all for cutting off people when they've had too much but you can't blame the bartender for someone else getting a DUI. How is it someone elses fault that no one was there with him? The only person at fault here is Bowdo for making the poor decision he made. Yeah, it hurts but it's the truth. The worst part about it is he was probably too sauced to even make the right decision and call for a ride.

Most people are aware of those Who are Impaired within the Bar, I guess if i was there, seeing his Condition, I would have taken the chance to Stop him from leaving the Bar...Not My Business but my responsibility to make the right choice for him and the Public so Not to Injure anyone driving under the Influence.

"End Of Story"

how dare you say you'd intervene in a man potentially getting a DUI!! That's his business and it's personal! Shame on you

Badger now trapped in his own den - don't stick your hand in there!

"End Of Story"

I'm NOT the Media...

Yes I would Intervene cuz maybe I have Bigger Ballzzz than you if I see someone endangering Himself or Others...

"End Of Story"

Badger now trapped in his own den - don't stick your hand in there!

Classic.

Now "Extreme DUI" is a thing? Hope he can stay in the country. Not sure what this does to his visa status.

Article says it is .15 or more blood alcohol level within 2 hours of arrest. Fines and punishment are more severe.

He was over .20.....freaking hammered.

And he shot 74 today!! Wow.

You do not want to get nailed for an alcohol related offense in Arizona-

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2015/05/22/arizona-dui-laws/27781089/

This thread is like many in this board in which members get to pontificate, bloviate and cast judgement on another's actions/words. That is fine. This is an opinion board, this is news and I have done it also, however I've tried to be temperate in my judgement and words because I've experienced a lot of things in my life, both good and bad, and though I've been a lot of things in my life, self-righteous is not one of them, at least no one has ever said that of me, lol.

It is easy to say, "Pro Golfer, new baby, beautiful wife, yada yada yada," and then finish it off with the absofrigginlutely best, "he should have my life for a day" rationalization.

No, he shouldn't....

You're the putz who wrote the book that is your life, lol

Own it .....;)

Yea, I was on the receiving end of a drunk driver and I guess that I could spew that MADD stuff and sound half ways eloquent and justified in doing so. The fact that I actually had 4 surgeons takin divs on me for just over 9 hours, the one described my maxilofacial bones as a "jigsaw puzzle missing half the pieces," then I ,lay in a coma for 4+ days, had my jaw wired for just over 3 months(I suffered a post-op infection), had THREE more follow-up surgeries and was not "right" until 14 months later, yeah, that gives me more of a right than the average jerk-off casting opinions, at least from my perspective, lol

Was I pissed?

Yea

Was I bitter?

Absolutely

Did I want this clown to suffer as I had??

You betcha

But years would pass, my jaw, face and eye would heal and I would move on.

But here's the kicker Gents-

Did I learn anything from this experience?

Yea, my own feelings of invincibility were further reinforced and I became even more convinced that I could push the envelope far past that of anyone in my world, and live to laugh about it and come out the other side.

A few of ya know of what I speak, lol

To the rest of you, like the ultimate victory or high, it's intoxicating. I've said before that I laughed in a few situations, and one in particular had a few men and women around me in tears, but I believed to my core that we were gonna come out the other side ok

We did....

So a few years later I befriended a homicide detective and we would become extremely close, to the point that his wife would tell him to make a choice. I figured that our times together had come to an end....

That Friday afternoon I received a call, "You ready to roll Bro," lol

WTF, he was a full grown man and made the choice, LMAO

So, for close to a decade I had a "get out of jail card" riding shotgun anytime I went out.

I was lucky that I never had an accident or hurt another human being however it was not for using discretion or common sense. You all didn't know me but I pushed the envelope like most can't fathom, and now you're gonna gimme a body armor????!

However one Saturday morning I woke up in my bed, in my boxers and dress shirt, clueless as to how I got there or when. I stumbled down the stairs, massive headache and all and saw my Bud half draped on the couch and his legs on the floor, dead to the world.

I had just gotten a new sedan(actually 3 years old with just over 20k on it, a docs car. I have bought all my vehicles in this range. Let the chucklehead before me pay full price, lmao) that week and literally ran out the door in my boxers, down the steps to the street and found it parked there, amazingly parallel and in line with the car in front of it(I was last legally parked).

The sun roof was back(it was autumn), all four windows down and my cassettes were in the box on the back seat, probably 3-4 pair of sunglasses were above in the visor and in the middle console(putters and sunglasses Bros, putters and sunglasses) just as I'd left em the night before. I lived in the city. Again, I defied the odds of coming out and finding everything gone including the brand new 12 speaker sound system, lol.

I went back to the steps, sat down and it hit me....

WTF????

I don't know why that morning, because it was like so many before it that followed the mindless night before, however I decided right then and there enough was enough and I was outa the game. I went in, woke my Bud to a stream of profanity and told him that I Loved him, I would cherish the memories(BroMeisters, THESE are the stories that are Platinum, LMAO) however I was retired, effective immediately.

He said, "yeah right," "eff you" and pulled his legs up onto the couch and rolled over and fell back to sleep

Long story short, that was the last night, to this day, that I have driven after having a drink, much less being drunk.

Sure, I'll imbibe if with a close circle of Friends or Loved ones however I've never gone out mindlessly drinking and driving and never gotten behind the wheel.

So, I've been on both sides of the issue, though I was Blessed that my idiocy never cost me or another individual pain and suffering.

It amuses me when I read guys' posts who have never ever "stepped off of the porch," so to speak and walked in the shoes of the individuals that they criticize and bloviate about. We called/call em "bubble bois(yeah, I've spelled it like this since my early 30's for those wondering "WTF," lol)," cuz they live in this nice lil bubble where life is rosy, they suffer no misfortune though most critically, they never do the wrong thing, say the wrong thing or come off the porch and put their *** on the line, for themselves or God forbid, someone else.

At the end of the day they are do nothing, say nothing vanilla bois, haha.

Am I casting dispersions on this type of individual?

Only if they cast dispersions and judgements on others, like Bowditch in this case.

If you live your life like this, fine, a tip 'o the hat to you?

But do those of us a favor who aren't perfect and we're never Blessed to have lived in that bubble a favor.....

Please STFU

Have a Great weekend Gals & Gents ??

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

As I posted earlier, my brother lost half his leg to a drunk driver so I'm not an apologist for it, but I'm stunned how many people here don't understand major depression and mental illness.

It's not being bummed over bad golf scores and having a few too many after a lousy round. People in the midst of a depressive episode don't have the ability to make rational decisions. It's why the suicide rate among the mentally ill is so high and it's why self medicating with alcohol seems like a reasonable choice.

Blaming someone with mental illness for bad decisions is like blaming someone with a cold for sneezing.

I don't know, maybe you have to know someone with the problem before you realize that "suck it up and take some personal responsibility " isn't the proper reaction.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

"End Of Story"

Okay, you clearly don't realize that this gent has had alcoholic issues in the past. There are alcoholics out there that can respond just as you and I when we're sober while being extremely intoxicated. I'm not saying he can fly a plane with intense focus and concentration, I'm saying you may or may not realize how drunk that individual truly is. Just because he blew a .20 doesn't mean he was acting a drunk idiot of himself. You and I would probably act wasted and be wasted because I'm assuming you and I rarely ever get that wasted, but I don't know you so I'm not sure.

It's also easy to sit behind a keyboard and give us these, "Well, if I were there, I would have tried to stop him, blah blah blah. All you guys who say otherwise have small Oscar Meyers!" BS. Until you're in that situation, you have no idea what you would do, especially with a stranger whom you know nothing about.

Now "Extreme DUI" is a thing? Hope he can stay in the country. Not sure what this does to his visa status.

Article says it is .15 or more blood alcohol level within 2 hours of arrest. Fines and punishment are more severe.

http://www.azcentral...-laws/27781089/

This thread is like many in this board in which members get to pontificate, bloviate and cast judgement on another's actions/words. That is fine. This is an opinion board, this is news and I have done it also, however I've tried to be temperate in my judgement and words because I've experienced a lot of things in my life, both good and bad, and though I've been a lot of things in my life, self-righteous is not one of them, at least no one has ever said that of me, lol.

It is easy to say, "Pro Golfer, new baby, beautiful wife, yada yada yada," and then finish it off with the absofrigginlutely best, "he should have my life for a day" rationalization.

No, he shouldn't....

Own it ***** ;)

Yea, I was on the receiving end of a drunk driver and I guess that I could spew that MADD stuff and sound half ways eloquent and justified in doing so. The fact that I actually had 4 surgeons takin divs on me for just over 9 hours, the one described my maxilofacial bones as a "jigsaw puzzle missing half the pieces," then I ,lay in a coma for 4+ days, had my jaw wired for just over 3 months(I suffered a post-op infection), had THREE more follow-up surgeries and was not "right" until 14 months later, yeah, that gives me more of a right than the average jerk-off casting opinions, at least from my perspective, lol

Was I pissed?

Yea

Was I bitter?

Absolutely

You betcha

Yea, my own feelings of invincibility were further reinforced and I became even more convinced that I could push the envelope far past that of anyone in my world, and live to laugh about it and come out the other side.

To the rest of you, like the ultimate victory or high, it's intoxicating. I've said before that I laughed in a few situations, and one in particular had a few men and women around me in tears, but I believed to my core that we were gonna come out the other side ok

We did....

So a few years later I befriended a homicide detective and we would become extremely close, to the point that his wife would tell him to make a choice. I figured that our times together had come to an end....

So, for close to a decade I had a "get out of jail card riding shotgun anytime I went out.

I was lucky that I never had an accident or hurt another human being however it was not for using discretion or common sense. You all didn't know me but I pushed the envelope like most can't fathom, and now you're gonna gimme a body armor????!

However one Saturday morning I woke up in my bed, in my boxers and dress shirt, clueless as to how I got there or when. I stumbled down the stairs, massive headache and all and saw my Bud half draped on the couch and his legs on the floor, dead to the world.

I had just gotten a new sedan(actually 3 years old with just over 20k on it, a docs car. I have bought all my vehicles in this range. Let the chucklehead before me pay full price, lmao) that week and literally ran out the door in my boxers, down the steps to the street and found it parked there, amazingly parallel and in line with the car in front of it(I was last legally parked).

The sun roof was back(it was autumn), all four windows down and my cassettes were in the box on the back seat, probably 3-4 pair of sunglasses were above in the visor and in the middle console(putters and sunglasses Bros, putters and sunglasses) just as I'd left em the night before(I lived in the city. Again, I defied the odds of coming out and finding everything gone including the brand new 12 speaker sound system, lol.

WTF????

I don't know why that morning, because it was like so many before it that followed the mindless night before, however I decided right then and there enough was enough and I was outa the game. I went in, woke my Bud to a stream of profanity and told him that I Loved him, I would cherish the memories(BroMeisters, THESE are the stories that are Platinum, LMAO) however I was retired, effective immediately.

He said, "yeah right," "eff you" and pulled his legs up onto the couch and rolled over and fell back to sleep

Long story short, that was the last night, to this day, that I have driven after having a drink, much less being drunk.

Sure, I'll imbube if with a close circle of Friends or Loved ones however I've never gone out mindlessly drinking and driving.

So, I've been on both sides of the issue, though I was Blessed that my idiocy never cost me or another individual pain and suffering.

It amuses me when I read guys' posts who have never ever "stepped off of the porch," so to speak and walked in the shoes of the individuals that they criticize and bloviate about. We called/call em "bubble bois(yeah, I've spelled it like this since my early 30's for those wondering "WTF," lol)," cuz they live in this nice lil bubble where life is rosy, they suffer no misfortune though most critically, they never do the wrong thing, say the wrong thing or come off the porch and put their *** on the line, for themselves or God forbid, someone.

Only if they cast dispersions on others, like Bowditch in this case.

If you live your life like this, fine, a tip 'o the hat to you

But do those of us a favor who aren't perfect and we're never Blessed to have lived in that bubble a favor.....

Please STFU

Have a Great weekend Gals & Gents

All the Best,

RP

:shok:

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. :good:

No, he shouldn't....

Own it ***** ;)

Was I pissed?

Yea

Was I bitter?

Absolutely

You betcha

We did....

So, for close to a decade I had a "get out of jail card riding shotgun anytime I went out.

The sun roof was back(it was autumn), all four windows down and my cassettes were in the box on the back seat, probably 3-4 pair of sunglasses were above in the visor and in the middle console(putters and sunglasses Bros, putters and sunglasses) just as I'd left em the night before(I lived in the city. Again, I defied the odds of coming out and finding everything gone including the brand new 12 speaker sound system, lol.

WTF????

Sure, I'll imbube if with a close circle of Friends or Loved ones however I've never gone out mindlessly drinking and driving.

It amuses me when I read guys' posts who have never ever "stepped off of the porch," so to speak and walked in the shoes of the individuals that they criticize and bloviate about. We called/call em "bubble bois(yeah, I've spelled it like this since my early 30's for those wondering "WTF," lol)," cuz they live in this nice lil bubble where life is rosy, they suffer no misfortune though most critically, they never do the wrong thing, say the wrong thing or come off the porch and put their *** on the line, for themselves or God forbid, someone.

If you live your life like this, fine, a tip 'o the hat to you?

Please STFU

Have a Great weekend Gals & Gents ??

All the Best,

RP

:shok:

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. :good:

Agree 100% :)

Respect is given and earned based on one's words, actions and conduct-

I don't give it nor do I expect it just for showing up....

Consideration and courtesy?

That I'll give someone for showing up ?

Nicely Played ?

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

No, he shouldn't....

Own it ***** ;)

Yea, I was on the receiving end of a drunk driver and I guess that I could spew that MADD stuff and sound half ways eloquent and justified in doing so. The fact that I actually had 4 surgeons takin divs on me for just over 9 hours,the one described my maxilo-facial bone as a "jigsaw puzzle missing half the pieces, then lay in a coma for 4+ days, had my jaw wired for just over 3 months(I suffered a post-op infection), had THREE more follow-up surgeries and was not "right" until 14 months later, yeah, that gives me more of a right than the average jerk-off casting opinions, at least from my perspective, lol

Was I pissed?

Yea

Was I bitter?

Absolutely

You betcha

We did....

WTF????

If you live your life like this, fine, a tip 'o the hat to you

Please STFU

Have a Great weekend Gals & Gents

All the Best,

RP

Do you ever have a short story? Ha. So what youre saying is you did experience a moment of clarity. WIthout being too confessional (anonymous for a reason, shall we say) the law, my family, nothing could prevent from myself. And that was the crux of my problems. So I believe I know of what you speak...then one day I realized I was neither unique nor super human. It was like Forest Gump deciding not to run anymore.

The decision was easy, it's the maintenance that is not. And I did it in time to salvage the good stuff. But not without a lot of work on myself that continues to this day. I can be such a selfish creature.

No idea what Mr. Bowditch faces on a daily basis, his struggles however have been documented so I can only hope he gets what he needs and leaves the rest.

Empathy, its in short supply these days.

Be well and godspeed Richard.

"End Of Story"

Okay, you clearly don't realize that this gent has had alcoholic issues in the past. There are alcoholics out there that can respond just as you and I when we're sober while being extremely intoxicated. I'm not saying he can fly a plane with intense focus and concentration, I'm saying you may or may not realize how drunk that individual truly is. Just because he blew a .20 doesn't mean he was acting a drunk idiot of himself. You and I would probably act wasted and be wasted because I'm assuming you and I rarely ever get that wasted, but I don't know you so I'm not sure.

It's also easy to sit behind a keyboard and give us these, "Well, if I were there, I would have tried to stop him, blah blah blah. All you guys who say otherwise have small Oscar Meyers!" BS. Until you're in that situation, you have no idea what you would do, especially with a stranger whom you know nothing about.

My friend, I speak the Truth, I know of his Health Conditions and I'm not one to Judge or Hide behind a Keyboard, Individuals in my Family were 10x worse than Bow or maybe yourself I don't know, so don't tell me I Know Nothing...

I've Lived the Life of Blood, Violence and Abuse with them and others that I know and help them in any way I can and will always help others to give them a second chance.

Actually, aside from one poster who is trying to troll up an anti-media campaign, I think most of the posts have been pretty reasonable, i.e. pretty much no excuse and a recognition that Bowditch needs to get whatever he may need for help with whatever issue he may have and concern for him as a person. At least pretty reasonable for golfwrx - imagine if it was Tiger or Brandel who got pulled over.

Totally agree there is something to be said for having been there and folks like Richard have unique insight into the issue, as he has shared.

Still, I don't have to have been down that particular road myself to suggest that it's still (IMHO) a matter of personal responsibility in the end. Plenty of other life experiences that inform that opinion. And I can still hope for the best for Bowditch. I have seen too many others who can't shake substance issues and eventually, if they can't, it kills them one way or another (and sometimes someone else). Too many get the wake up call over and over and slip right back into the dream.

Sorry has the thread swerved to where we're the bad guys now for expecting someone to not put our lives in danger? I figured that would happen around page 5-6.

Sympathy starting to build for him.... Slowly, slowly.... Will check back in tomorrow when he's a hero for not conforming

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Sorry has the thread swerved to where we're the bad guys now for expecting someone to not put our lives in danger? I figured that would happen around page 5-6.

Sympathy starting to build for him.... Slowly, slowly.... Will check back in tomorrow when he's a hero for not conforming

If being sympathetic to someone who has battled alcoholism and depression puts me in the wrong here then screw it I'll own it. Doesn't mean I can't think he royally f'd up too.

Hopefully people are able to separate those things.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Welcome to AZ Bowdo, home to the toughest DUI laws in the country and I love it.

I have no remorse for anyone who drives DUI, he's lucky no one was killed. Time to pay through the roof for a good lawyer, buddy!

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

If being sympathetic to someone who has battled alcoholism and depression puts me in the wrong here then screw it I'll own it. Doesn't mean I can't think he royally f'd up too.

He deserves the same sympathy as someone who's battled alcoholism and depression, and then fires a loaded gun into a crowd

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I have empathy for his problems but draw the line when those problems start to affect other people. This is not his first rodeo ... how many here could blow a +.20 @ 1:10 am, spend some time getting booked and bailed out, probably get about 5-6 hours sleep max, and then shoot a 74 in tournament conditions ? He was probably still legally drunk on the 1st tee.

Man needs an intervention by those who love and care for him ...

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Exactly. But that's society today in a nutshell. It never comes down to personal responsibility anymore...he drank too much and got into a car and luckily only got a dui.

Ping 425 Max 10.5//Tensei AV Orange 65g Xstiff

Ping 425 Max 5 Wood//Tensei AV Orange 75 g Xstiff

Ping i210 Irons (3-PW)//DG X100

Ping Glide 3.0 52//56//60

TaylorMade Spider X Copper 

I routinely stole the keys of a playing partner who would drink too much and get belligerent if you tried to stop

Him from driving. I grew up playing hockey, which means I got my a** kicked a lot, so I wasn't really worried about

Getting it kicked again, but I wasn't going to get in a fight with a bar drunk,so I'd wait and find an opportunity to steal his keys, and give the dopey bastxxx a ride home. Happened at least five times.

I've tried,msuccessfully and unsuccessfully to stop people from driving, and I always felt I should have done more to stop people.

It certainly seems in LYFT day and age, more are being responsible at this. Bowditch obviously has some demons, but that can not allow him to put other people at risk. If he can't control it because of his illness, someone needs to take his keys and license like we do when our grandparents become lethal behind the wheel.

Tough for him with reported mental issues, but man, how tough this will be on his wife and family. Hope he sorts it out correctly

Actually, aside from one poster who is trying to troll up an anti-media campaign, I think most of the posts have been pretty reasonable, i.e. pretty much no excuse and a recognition that Bowditch needs to get whatever he may need for help with whatever issue he may have and concern for him as a person. At least pretty reasonable for golfwrx - imagine if it was Tiger or Brandel who got pulled over.

Totally agree there is something to be said for having been there and folks like Richard have unique insight into the issue, as he has shared.

Still, I don't have to have been down that particular road myself to suggest that it's still (IMHO) a matter of personal responsibility in the end. Plenty of other life experiences that inform that opinion. And I can still hope for the best for Bowditch. I have seen too many others who can't shake substance issues and eventually, if they can't, it kills them one way or another (and sometimes someone else). Too many get the wake up call over and over and slip right back into the dream.

Read my Lips Hawkeye...

Alcoholism is a disease. A peculiar mental condition. What most of you don't quite understand is that if SB is, in fact, truly alcoholic he doesn't have a choice. Consequences don't factor in.... legal or otherwise. Real alcoholics end up going down 1 of 3 roads: sober up, get institutionilzed, or die. Not a matter of if.... just when.

The mans a talented professional athlete and just because he's a professional golfer that doesn't exclude him from the same outcomes of street drunks. If he's an alcoholic( not saying he is) nobody should sympathize with his choices, but try to understand it's a sickness. Car wrecks, getting incarcerated, losing families.... are all par for the course and often have to happen before they have moments of clarity and can see themselves for what they are.

Pray for the man.

He deserves the same sympathy as someone who's battled alcoholism and depression, and then fires a loaded gun into a crowd

Agree 100%. It doesn't matter what kind of horrible things have happened to a person; it doesn't excuse engaging in illegal behaviour that causes an inexcusable amount of deaths and injuries. Bowditch deserves any punishment he gets, no matter how good of a guy he is or what he's struggling with. If his mind was so full before drinking, maybe he shouldn't have been driving in the first place.

For the life of me I don't understand how drunk drivers get their licenses back so quickly after an offense. I hope it becomes law soon that all vehicles are equipped with systems to detect blood alcohol levels and don't start if the limit is exceeded. Drunk driving is such a horrible, horrible problem.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Alcoholism is a disease. A peculiar mental condition. What most of you don't quite understand is that if SB is, in fact, truly alcoholic he doesn't have a choice. Consequences don't factor in.... legal or otherwise. Real alcoholics end up going down 1 of 3 roads: sober up, get institutionilzed, or die. Not a matter of if.... just when.

The mans a talented professional athlete and just because he's a professional golfer that doesn't exclude him from the same outcomes of street drunks. If he's an alcoholic( not saying he is) nobody should sympathize with his choices, but try to understand it's a sickness. Car wrecks, getting incarcerated, losing families.... are all par for the course and often have to happen before they have moments of clarity and can see themselves for what they are.

Pray for the man.

I don't think people are doubting that alcoholism is a disease. It's the driving part that's causing outrage. People have diseases that cause blindness. There's a reason they don't drive. Being human doesn't give you the right to drive.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

"End Of Story"

I'm NOT the Media...

Yes I would Intervene cuz maybe I have Bigger Ballzzz than you if I see someone endangering Himself or Others...

yikes that hurt. So if I beat somebody up so bad in the bar that they die, am I at fault for killing them? or is a bystander at fault for not stopping me?

Exactly. But that's society today in a nutshell. It never comes down to personal responsibility anymore...he drank too much and got into a car and luckily only got a dui.

There was a case that got crazy media attention in Canada last year, a very wealthy 30-something guy got off his private jet so drunk he couldn't walk according to witnesses, and then got into a Grand Cherokee SRT and drove it like 120km/hr through an intersection and killed 4 people including kids. At his trial they tried to say what a great guy he was and he'd just made a mistake.

I mean a mistake is forgetting to lock your door. Or not carrying the 1 when doing math. Heck even blowing .08 is different than blowing .20. We're not talking having an extra half-glass of wine at dinner. We're talking not even being able to walk or stay conscious

people that die in drunk driving accidents....They stay dead. They don't get a second chance. Their families don't get do-overs.

Why we look at things like this any differently than a guy shooting a gun randomly into a crowd, or throwing a pipe bomb through a house window during dinner time....i don't understand. When you get into a car and can't even stay conscious, anyone on those roads is lucky to be alive today

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

There was a case that got crazy media attention in Canada last year, a very wealthy 30-something guy got off his private jet so drunk he couldn't walk according to witnesses, and then got into a Grand Cherokee SRT and drove it like 120km/hr through an intersection and killed 4 people including kids. At his trial they tried to say what a great guy he was and he'd just made a mistake.

I mean a mistake is forgetting to lock your door. Or not carrying the 1 when doing math. Heck even blowing .08 is different than blowing .20. We're not talking having an extra half-glass of wine at dinner. We're talking not even being able to walk or stay conscious

people that die in drunk driving accidents....They stay dead. They don't get a second chance. Their families don't get do-overs.

Why we look at things like this any differently than a guy shooting a gun randomly into a crowd, or throwing a pipe bomb through a house window during dinner time....i don't understand. When you get into a car and can't even stay conscious, anyone on those roads is lucky to be alive today

Thank you. My neighbors growing up recently had their father killed, and mother severely injured, by a driver who was loaded on drugs.

The "don't judge anyone" mentality is silly - driving drunk, on drugs, or whatever, is just plain stupid and irresponsible.

It goes without saying that anyone hopes that people with issues, be it alcoholism, depression, etc. get the help they need so that the mistake is not made again. But I tell you one thing, when you're sitting at a funeral for someone who was killed by a drunk driver, you're not terribly worried what their state of mind was when they got behind the car a 3 or 4x the legal limit and killed a person who was very close to you.

One of my best friends rear-ended someone driving while he was over twice the legal limit and going over 100mph. He killed the guy driving the car he hit: a husband and father. He's in prison for intoxication manslaughter and it's a damn shame he only got 10 years.

I like Bowditch, but I hope for his families' sake and his own that he gets a handle on this. He didn't hurt anyone, so he has already gotten off lucky IMO.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2