Jordan Spieth gets into it with 'scums' seeking autograph

Yanki01

with the outrageous numbers of As*hol*s and Dbags at tour events and in society in general for that matter, its amazing these guys stop and sign at all

The cut off for signing an autograph should be about age 15. After that, I think you should go with handshake, fist bump, or better yet, just be an adult and go with nothing at all. It's just a pro golfer, you don't need to be a creeper. Just watch and enjoy!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting that Jordan is complaining about those who profit off other's success.

Is Jordan profiting off Tiger' s success?

That would take quite a leap in logic for any argument.

Jordan isn't getting a financial benefit from Tiger's past success?

Purses exploded because of Tiger. That's an undeniable fact.

In other news .... Water is wet and the sky is blue !! What does that have to do with anything ???

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

dont you think Mr Palmer would have taken excpetion to some jerkoff pushing kids out of the way and then dropping an F bomb in front of them ? I know he would... for petes sake! H emay have declined to comment in the press conference so it may not have made news... but certainly dont fool yourself and think he never told some jackass to stepp off....you could see it in his eyes .. that man never took any s*** from anyone... wow.... what an idea... that someone should ignore behavior like that ...

I'm ready for the barrage of HATE I'll receive for this post, but here goes...

Speith's pompous behavior just shines light on his true character. Who gives a flip why a person wants it? I sat and watched the King (Arnie) sign FOREVER at the TPC here and he was in his 80s at the time, didn't let one person miss out of his fantastic signature, no questions asked. It's a pity people with true class like the late Arnold Palmer are getting more rare and the new(er) generations are increasingly entitled little punks. A true pity.

Honestly, I was somewhat a Spieth fan...and then this. You spoiled, OVERPAID little punk...maybe some day you will realize you are beyond Godly gifted and blessed to have the opportunity to take an hour or two out of the week or two you spend the months you play during the season to display a little bit of integrity.

Won't really be rooting for you any longer, JORDAN. :rolleyes:

So he's a spoiled, overpaid little punk because he called out a guy that was cursing amidst the kids waiting for autographs? Little harsh, ya think

That's not what I was referring to. I was more responding to his remarks about profiteers, or alleged profiteers (in his mind).

So he should just smile and sign over and over again to fund a bunch of DBags who push kids out of the way, swear, and trash talk him?

Weird.

No...AGAIN. If you people would look at the post you're referring to again, you would see it is not that that Jordan did that comes off as sententious.

Here's the deal...Spieth called out guys who threw profanity at him and around kids? I don't have a problem with that at all.

What does rub me the wrong way is his sanctimonious attitude towards the whole thing.

And for all of those of you who think it's about profiting off of them (or anyone famous for that matter), I have news for you, there's not much there to be made, if anything at all. I found this out the hard way when I had my favorite hockey player of all time sign a very expensive and rare jersey of his for me (for my personal collection) and when I hit hard times tried to sell it on eBay. The deal with autographs today is they actually DEpreciate items like jerseys because of the high level of forgeries out there. So no, there is very little if anything to even profit off of from random autographs. In that case the jersey I am referring to was actually worth quite a bit MORE without the said HOFers autograph on it.

And out of all the cool autographs I have got over the years my most prized possession out of all of them (more than my Wayne Gretzky auto or Brett Hull auto or the couple Sakic and Gaborik autos I have) is the Arnold Palmer, even though there are probably thousands upon thousand of them out there. His autograph is also on a crappy scorecard from a local course he played back in the day and no one in their right mind would ever try to sell it. It means a great deal to me because he exhibited classiness through and through and I was blown away with which how much effort he put forth to see to it that everyone felt his charm.

At this point in my life (I'm in my mid-30s, not that it's anyone's business) I don't even bother with autograph seeking anymore except in rare cases - I'd much rather have a photo with some of my sports or musicial heros than I would an autograph,

...but I don't take back what I said about little Jordan.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

The cut off for signing an autograph should be about age 15. After that, I think you should go with handshake, fist bump, or better yet, just be an adult and go with nothing at all. It's just a pro golfer, you don't need to be a creeper. Just watch and enjoy!

And who are you to make that judgement?

FTR, there are few golfers on Tour I would even want an autograph today - I might have wanted a Tiger autograph back in the day, but I sure couldn't care less about it today.

Zach Johnson would be one of a very few I would even want to sign a club or something for me, and I can bet you your bottom dollar that wouldn't be worth a nickel. (I'd much rather have a photo with him anyway...)

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

just sign what you want, and pass on what you don't, no need for all of the drama.

I do not see the need for him to judge. The saying walk a mile in a man's shoes.....

Any chance there could possibly be some guy in the mix trying to get autographs to make money due to a lost job, or medical bills from a sick child or family member? It is possible someone was just trying to find a quick outlet to help others in need? Maybe a Father trying to get an autograph for a sick child?

99% chance probably not, but a a young rich kid who can take care of any of these issues that would arise, think he is a little short sighted here. Obviously not cool about cussing around kids or pushing them, but you can't know every situation.

Does he not have a sister with a disability or something?

I would not judge you for not signing an autograph for me, why would you judge me for asking?

I think he is a whiny little diva....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

just sign what you want, and pass on what you don't, no need for all of the drama.

Jordan's pampered behavior and attitude about the whole thing are why we're even talking about it. The kid has been blessed with more talent than all but a handful walking the earth and it's clear he's always had that silver spoon lodged....somewhere throughout his tough little life.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Jordan's pampered behavior and attitude about the whole thing are why we're even talking about it. The kid has been blessed with more talent than all but a handful walking the earth and it's clear he's always had that silver spoon lodged....somewhere throughout his tough little life.

what's his pampered behavior? you obviously have some fuled rage for him. did he want this to become a story? i doubt it, but the "media" makes this a story of him giving his 2 cents on some moron adults heckling him.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

what's his pampered behavior? you obviously have some fuled rage for him. did he want this to become a story? i doubt it, but the "media" makes this a story of him giving his 2 cents on some moron adults heckling him.

And golfwrx puts up an "op-ed" basically defending adult autograph vendors without providing all the facts about the incident. Not very professional at all. A link to SB Nation that someone may or may not click on is not a proper way to provide context, and ignoring the triggering events in the actual piece authored here was not a good example of how to craft an opinion piece.

Why a grown man wants the signature of another man is beyond me. Unless it's on the bottom of a check.

I asked Cal Ripken Jr. for an autograph one time. I'm a fan of his, a fan of baseball, and expected to have kids one day with whom I could share the memorabilia.

I guess the millions and millions of fans who sent letters to Arnie were weird, right?

This is an individual thing and though I ask the same question as Mark, I have never, nor would I ever insult, berate or criticize someone who would and by the same token, I do not base my thoughts, words or actions on what another man/woman does, much less "millions and millions" of them.

My internal guidance system is set, and while certain parts of it are not set in stone, my past, current and future thoughts, beliefs and opinions are not based off of what either the majority or even minority thinks, says or does.

Just as I should not have to explain or defend my thoughts on this, neither should you or anyone else who chooses to seek autographs.

Plus, I've got two of em, maybe three, so it's not like I've got no glass in my house, lol

It is unfortunate that we so often put others in a position of feeling the need to defend themselves.

Anyone that likes autographs, autographed pictures or memorabilia has a fun hobby to bring them happiness-

If one is prone to judge, there are more important things by which to judge a man(though I believe this to be a "guy" thing) or woman by than their leisure time activities, lol

And to those that feel the need to "Play shrink" by chirping their lay person psycho idiot analysis of a collector, seriously, this is a friggin golf board, and if your opinion of yourself is so low that you've gotta get personal and insult a guy's psyche, a guy who ya don't know, have never met and did absolutely nothing to you, seriously, WTF??????

That being said, I still can't understand for the life of me a man wearing another man's jersey with that athlete's name and number on it, LMAO?

Relax, I'm just messin with you guys, lolol

Stay well and have a great weekend Gents??

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I consider a flag signed from some of your favorite players to be a great souvenir from a tournament so I don't see nothing wrong with people asking players to sign their stuff (in a polite way of course).

Autograph seekers are there because there are people who buy signed stuff, and this is what I find weird.

A signed item is a souvenir of an event you attended and of the chance you maybe had to talk with that specific player, what is the purpose if you never been there?

"Sweet, a Masters flag signed by Adam Scott, awesome, were you there in 2013?"

"No, I bought it on eBay"

"Oh..."

Great conversation...

And golfwrx puts up an "op-ed" basically defending adult autograph vendors without providing all the facts about the incident. Not very professional at all. A link to SB Nation that someone may or may not click on is not a proper way to provide context, and ignoring the triggering events in the actual piece authored here was not a good example of how to craft an opinion piece.

lol even the photo they used is suspect. two dudes on the far right...HELLO!!! he doesn't even look down to know what's what. he's signing away like crazy but NOTICED who these guys are (at the time of the incident).

spieth.png

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

Photo from PGA Championship!

correct. just stating the photo they decided to use for the piece is subject looking at two adults front and center for an autograph is comical.

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

...but I don't take back what I said about little Jordan

The jealousy is palpable and unbecoming

The kid has been blessed with more talent than all but a handful walking the earth and it's clear he's always had that silver spoon lodged....somewhere throughout his tough little life.

Have you ever met Jordan? Spoken with him? These are some pretty harsh words for someone based just on news stories, internet blogs and forum garbage. I'm curious as to some examples of his having "always had that silver spoon lodged." I would be very interested to hear 3-4 of these examples. Thanks :) Madison

Oh, and BTW, Richard won't even put his own name on a jersey, lol. He lives in a jersey that he wears as a nightshirt that was from some team that he signed with after college but the DUI accident prevented him from ever playing again. I had a swath with his name stitched on it and sewn on the back of the jersey for a birthday present but he took it off because he said that he never even went on a practice field with this team and he did not deserve to have his name on their jersey. He's kind of weird about stuff like that, haha. I love him anyways, lol :) Madison

The kid has been blessed with more talent than all but a handful walking the earth and it's clear he's always had that silver spoon lodged....somewhere throughout his tough little life.

Have you ever met Jordan? Spoken with him? These are some pretty harsh words for someone based just on news stories, internet blogs and forum garbage. I'm curious as to some examples of his having "always had that silver spoon lodged." I would be very interested to hear 3-4 of these examples. Thanks :) Madison

Well, *I* saw him once at starbucks. He told the barista to, and I quote,

"Hurry the &%$# up with that latte, you're slower than Kevin Na"

Then he goes and stuffs his pockets with like 50 sugar packets, walks out, jumps in his car and almost hits this old lady as he pulls out of the handicap space.

Pretty much a let down ; )

Then he goes and stuffs his pockets with like 50 sugar packets, walks out, jumps in his car and almost hits this old lady as he pulls out of the handicap space.

My BS detector went off and sent my phone a push notification to come check out this post.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

In my opinion that's why the original thread is in the cooler. Because they linked it to this article. Didn't want any more truth linked to the obviously one sided article.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

In sorry joe. But your way off base. Did you even watch the video ? It was a question asked and answered at the press conference. Not a rant or fit thrown by Jordan. Just a matter of fact calm answer. And was on point.

This kid is the nicest guy on any team in any sport anywhere. If you have a problem with a guy that nice , guess what ? .... It's not him. It's YOU!

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

OMG, Richard takes sugar packets when I'm with him at his bar if we're sitting at a table and this one time this lady saw him and when he got up and walked away to do something, she leaned over and said, "that is so tacky and he doesn't look like the kind of guy to steal sugar," hahaha. I replied simply, " aren't looks deceiving," lol? I told Richard when he sat down and when the couple paid their bill, Richard went up to the register and told his server that he would finish the transaction. When he brought the couple's change back, the lady put her head into her hands saying how embarrassed that she was. Richard said, "no need to be, just try not being so judgemental," lol. Outside of golf, football and business, he really is less so than probably any guy I know. But I do agree, stealing sugar packets is tacky, haha :) Maddie

In my opinion that's why the original thread is in the cooler. Because they linked it to this article. Didn't want any more truth linked to the obviously one sided article.

Richard was crushed, lmao(I have NEVER used this before but it was that funny and I laughed that hard, haha) when he came out of radiation and saw that his thread was "sidelined" as he said. I did not think that this story would generate a fraction of the posts/responses/views that it got and I told him that I'd drop in and say hi and when I had finished with my lesson and went on, it was in the cooler. He took it personally, lolol, but that's Richard. Have a nice weekend Hawk :) Fondly, Madison

It's my personal opinion and all, but i don't like autographs, i've never asked for one and i'd never sign one. To me they are meaningless, it's a signature on a paper that says you were somewhere a famous person was. It doesn't say you spoke to them or had any interaction other than standing there while they signed a paper. I just don't get it.

I met a pro athlete when i was 16-17 yrs old one time. A pro football player, and at the time i was all-city football. So i spoke to him and told him i thought he was great, and i told him i played football too , and he said that was cool and good luck with my season and i said the same. He asked me if i wanted him to sign anything, and i said no. He looked surprised haha....i just didn't get it. I'd remember the conversation and i still do. His name on a paper meant nothing.

The experience should matter. A name on a paper's value to me is often monetary. People hope they can sell them one day. It's not a players responsibility to help someone make money off of gesture that is "supposed" to be about the memory.

And if it is about the memory, just take a picture

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I asked Alex Ovechkin to sign a hockey card for my 12 year old son. After he signed, I asked him if he would like one of my son's card from youth hockey. He kind of looked at me funny, took the card, and asked my son for his autograph. So, my son autographed a card for Ovie.

What's your take on Ghandi?

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Unbecoming? Nah. Not really. I'd go out on a limb though and guess the majority who blasted me (as I expected) here are in their 20s somewhere, if not younger. (I said the MAJORITY, people, not ALL that responded to me here.) I know some of you are my age or perhaps much older.

It's my personal opinion and all, but i don't like autographs, i've never asked for one and i'd never sign one. To me they are meaningless, it's a signature on a paper that says you were somewhere a famous person was. It doesn't say you spoke to them or had any interaction other than standing there while they signed a paper. I just don't get it.

I met a pro athlete when i was 16-17 yrs old one time. A pro football player, and at the time i was all-city football. So i spoke to him and told him i thought he was great, and i told him i played football too , and he said that was cool and good luck with my season and i said the same. He asked me if i wanted him to sign anything, and i said no. He looked surprised haha....i just didn't get it. I'd remember the conversation and i still do. His name on a paper meant nothing.

So I guess by that measure all the books Jay Leno had his guests sign over the years (live, in front of tens of millions of people he just sat down and chit-chatted with..) is unbelievably weird, huh?

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Unbecoming? Nah. Not really. I'd go out on a limb though and guess the majority who blasted me (as I expected) here are in their 20s somewhere, if not younger. (I said the MAJORITY, people, not ALL that responded to me here.) I know some of you are my age or perhaps much older.

So I guess by that measure all the books Jay Leno had his guests sign over the years (live, in front of tens of millions of people he just sat down and chit-chatted with..) is unbelievably weird, huh?

I didn't watch Leno. If he asked an author he interviewed to sign a book they wrote for example, than yes to me that is weird for the reasons i mentioned.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I didn't watch Leno. If he asked an author he interviewed to sign a book they wrote for example, than yes to me that is weird for the reasons i mentioned.

Ok. Fair enough. The man did it all the time.

Would you consider the President getting a signed/autographed ball or jersey of the championship MLB, NHL, NBA or NFL team that comes to visit them weird too?

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP