2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Padraig Says Sergio Was A Sore Loser...

sheldonjhacker

Geezus, I hate it when the truth gets in the way of my Tour packaged story of redemption and triumph.

Sure, he spent his career being a bitching and moaning crybaby who threw clubs and shoes, spit in cups and went for the cheap racial insult, but he cried when he won for goodness sake and obviously that negates everything else.

Paddy cried and moaned about the groove change rule and named it as the reason for his downfall and poor play beginning in 2010.

Tiger spent his career complaining about various aspects of what was going on around him, throwing clubs, tossing out profanities after poor shots. But he won. A lot. Am I saying winning solves everything? No, but it sure seems to solve quite a bit.

Please don't confuse somebodies public persona, especially one that's been heavily influenced by a very small number of incidents, with that individual actually being a bad person. Sergio has been historically self deprecating about his own game, which is very different than being antagonistic towards others. Padraig is being openly antagonistic in this instance, which given it's timing and content, is particularly childish and smacks of nothing more than jealousy. This is the opposite of class.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Padraig who? Wasn't he relevant like a decade ago?

Any 3 time major winner and his game deserve some respect. That is, if you love this game.

Back to the topic, maybe it did all come easy to Sergio and maybe he has been a bit of a brat, but he seems to have matured and settled into life to a great degree. Could be we haven't seen his best golf yet and maybe he turns it around and wins 20+ times and takes home 2-3 majors and he's discussed as a great of the game instead of wasted talent. I'm not sure I agree with Paddy peeing on his parade so to speak, but maybe Sergio hears that and its the spark not to go back to what he used to be. Regardless I doubt a few comments are taking the smile of Sergio's face this week.

Why? Why does Harrington have to go there?

Seems petty to me. He should've put all of that crap behind him by now and let Sergio have his moment in the sun.

Absolutely what I was thinking. In fact Harringtons insensitivity and timing with Sergio winning his first Major, actually shows to me that Harrington, himself appears to be the 'sore' one.

It's a pity, because I thought Harringtons commentary on Sky Sports during the Masters were a welcome addition to the Sky Sports Team, but Harringtons overall reaction to Sergio winning, I thought at the time, were somewhat tinged with bad feeling. I was watching Harrington closely during the aftermath of Sergios win around the table with Paul McGinley and Butch Harmon, and Harringtons face during the whole chatting thing was like thunder. He clearly still has bad feeling towards Sergio, and although we are all human beings with faults and warts, it's a shame that Harrington couldn't rise above those private feelings and just put them aside for a short period.

To be fair to Paddy, Sky Sports were trying to stoke it at every opportunity. He had been on screen less than a minute before that know nothing idiot David Livingstone asked him about his relationship with Sergio.

True, but that's no excuse for Harrington kinda taking the bait. It's not just Sergio that has to take the responsibility for some of his actions and comments in the past, and just because a reporter is stoking the fire, is no excuse for Harrington fanning the flames.

I see this a lot, whereby the media gets the blame for these things, and it really dogs me off when people blame the media for this this type of thing. Whilst the media are, I admit, looking for a story, they don't force anyone to say or behave the way they do.

I see Sergio as a quite an insecure guy, also quite highly strung, passionate and impetuous. I think you have to 'get him'. Does that make him say and do stupid things sometimes, hell yeah of course, because that's what those people are like due to their personalities, and they need to be made aware of it, when they act like a jerk of course, but does it make them the anti-christ, well, no of course not. I think fundamentally, there is decent guy inside Sergio, but I also think some of us and perhaps Harrington also shows an intolerance towards Sergios' personality that is a pity.

I know from a personal perspective that I have said some really dumb a** things in my personal life and particularly on GolfWrx purely because I have acted with too much passion and impetuosity, because that's my personality. It doesn't make me a bad person, just a bit 'over the top' sometimes, and I don't think people like Harrington will understand or be tolerant of that kind of personality. But Harringtons reaction is showing the lack of class that he is accusing Sergio of showing in the past, Which is kind of ironic really!

But to keep blaming the media is fickle at best. At the end of the day, when I say some stupid things on GolfWrx, I don't blame the other guy on here that has wound me up. It's my call to make those daft remarks, and I'm the one that chooses to put finger on keyboard, no excuses.

I heard Alanis Morisette in the background while reading this.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Geezus, I hate it when the truth gets in the way of my Tour packaged story of redemption and triumph.

Sure, he spent his career being a bitching and moaning crybaby who threw clubs and shoes, spit in cups and went for the cheap racial insult, but he cried when he won for goodness sake and obviously that negates everything else.

Paddy cried and moaned about the groove change rule and named it as the reason for his downfall and poor play beginning in 2010.

Tiger spent his career complaining about various aspects what was going on around him, throwing clubs, tossing out profanities after poor shots. But he won. A lot. Am I saying winning solves everything? No, but it sure seems to solve quite a bit.

Please don't confuse somebodies public persona, especially one that's been heavily influenced by a very small number of incidents, with that individual actually being a bad person. Sergio has been historically self deprecating about his own game, which is very different than being antagonistic towards others. Padraig is being openly antagonistic in this instance, which given it's timing and content, is particularly childish and smacks of nothing more than jealousy. This is the opposite of class.

Paddy is extremely well liked by other players where Sergio has had issues with quite a few. Its no secret they have beef. Is this the classiest of moves by Paddy? No. Was Sergio classy when he did the things he did? Also no.

Give me truth over class in this situation. And I was pulling hard for Sergio. I severely disliked him until the last few years but it seems he is growing up. While I'm proud of him for that, doesn't mean he gets a pass for everything he did before.

Driver- Taylormade M2 10.5* set open 3* playing at 9* W/ Hzrdus Black 75X 44"
Fairway Metal- TEE XCG7 13* W/ Matrix Black Tie 7M3 X 42"
Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron W/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course and conditions)
Irons- Tour Issue Mizuno FliHi 3i with Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 465ct X
Ben Hogan PTx irons 23*-47* in 4* increments w/ PX 6.5 painted black
Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set. 50*, 56* bent to 54* and 58* w/ rifle spinner shafts
Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- ProV1X
Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Its been well known for years that sergio and paddy dont get on, and i think it may have caused some 'tension' during Ryder Cups. On sky at the weekend, think it was the Saturday, one of the first questions they asked Harrington was ' you and sergio dont get on, tell us about that?' To be fair harrington was honest and said that they have never really been friends but that there is no animosity. He aluded to the fact that he had beaten sergio in a couple of majors and that sergio hadnt taken it that well....but that was in the past. I think he was honest, he wasnt disrespectful and told it like it was. Fair play to him. He couldnt then start praising garcia to high heaven after he won....as he would be seen as a hypocrite. Sky knew exacatly what they were doing by asking the questions...but i dont think it relfected badly on anyone really.

Tiger spent his career complaining about various aspects of what was going on around him, throwing clubs, tossing out profanities after poor shots. But he won. A lot. Am I saying winning solves everything? No, but it sure seems to solve quite a bit.

Not really sure what this private persona vs public is about..are we to know what he is like with his family or foods he hates to make judgement calls? We can however make judgement calls based on public behaviour...racist remarks, tantrums galore...don't care to know that hidden persona to find out nice things about him... weird

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

Tiger spent his career complaining about various aspects what was going on around him, throwing clubs, tossing out profanities after poor shots. But he won. A lot. Am I saying winning solves everything? No, but it sure seems to solve quite a bit.

Paddy is extremely well liked by other players where Sergio has had issues with quite a few. Its no secret they have beef. Is this the classiest of moves by Paddy? No. Was Sergio classy when he did the things he did? Also no.

Give me truth over class in this situation. And I was pulling hard for Sergio. I severely disliked him until the last few years but it seems he is growing up. While I'm proud of him for that, doesn't mean he gets a pass for everything he did before.

You're missing the point, which is that the "truth" in this situation which is extremely SUBJECTIVE because we're talking about why guys don't like each other, was not a subject that needed to be broached in any way shape or form, no matter what Paddy was asked during an interview. The proper response, given the timing, to any question regarding he and Sergio's history should have been "That's all in the past and I'm happy for him"

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Its been well known for years that sergio and paddy dont get on, and i think it may have caused some 'tension' during Ryder Cups. On sky at the weekend, think it was the Saturday, one of the first questions they asked Harrington was ' you and sergio dont get on, tell us about that?' To be fair harrington was honest and said that they have never really been friends but that there is no animosity. He aluded to the fact that he had beaten sergio in a couple of majors and that sergio hadnt taken it that well....but that was in the past. I think he was honest, he wasnt disrespectful and told it like it was. Fair play to him. He couldnt then start praising garcia to high heaven after he won....as he would be seen as a hypocrite. Sky knew exacatly what they were doing by asking the questions...but i dont think it relfected badly on anyone really.

I understand their dislike of each other goes back a bit further than Padraig beating Sergio in 2007 and 2008. You only have to remember at Carnoustie 2007 on the bridge near the 18th where neither of them really wanted to look at/engage with each other as one played the 17th and the other was on the 18th to have an idea about that.

For me Harrington a) didn't need to answer the question by David Livingstone b) didn't need to keep referring to his and Sergio's history in a negative manner c) didn't need to keep taking subtle, low blows at Sergio and d) just show some common, decent manners and congratulate Sergio on winning.....something he did his best to circumnavigate on Sunday evening. You could also see that the other pundits seemed somewhat dismayed at Harrington's comments (body language and quiet - Mc Ginley for one) and that he (Padraig) was lousy at holding any eye contact when being asked questions and answering in a manner that was uneccessary in my humble opinion.

Padraig is not a stupid man at all - in fact he's pretty clever/bright - so his comments and tone were all the more disappointing in that SKY TV coverage.

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver/MCA Vanquish 4 Stiff
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15.0 degree (@ 17) 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey White Hot OG 7 Bird 34” putter/Stroke Lab double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

Sergio is someone whom I find "easy" to like despite his past boondoggles. Paddy is someone whom I find it "difficult" to like in spite of his never having done anything to deserve that feeling. I also feel the same about Mickleson vs Couples and DJ vs Rory. There is something in the human psyche that generates these feelings both in the observer,,and in the observed. It is the "gut" feelings we have as human animals that we simply cannot ignore. It is instinct and we should all pay attention to it's meaning.

Sergio is someone whom I find "easy" to like despite his past boondoggles. Paddy is someone whom I find it "difficult" to like in spite of his never having done anything to deserve that feeling. I also feel the same about Mickleson vs Couples and DJ vs Rory. There is something in the human psyche that generates these feelings both in the observer,,and in the observed. It is the "gut" feelings we have as human animals that we simply cannot ignore. It is instinct and we should all pay attention to it's meaning.

haha it's funny... I am kind of the opposite of you but completely agree with your thoughts. Sergio was always someone whom was easy for me to not like and root for because of all of his incidents. Great player? Absolutely. I enjoy watching him play. But man I just don't like him because of all of his incidents, his self pity, and his incredibly slow play. Paddy? I always kind of liked him. He seemed like a regular gear head like many of us who was out there grinding and having success. Almost like a weekend warrior but only he was able to harness and maximize every ounce of talent he had. He reminded me of my sister. She was undersized and underskilled but worked her butt off to maximize what she was capable of and ended up playing Pac 12 soccer (and started as a freshman walk on).

I think Paddy's comments are pretty fair and seem to be common knowledge. People act like because Sergio won all is forgiven for everything he did and by everyone. But that's not how the world works. There are still people whom felt wronged by him and still people who don't like him. A lot of people chalk his incidents up to being young and immature. But they forget there were still incidents around him within the last few years (and probably his worst one to date was the Tiger incident in 2013 when he was 33 or 34). None of us know the true Sergio so we don't know if he's a good guy or not. But his public persona rubbed a lot of tour players and fans wrong. That doesn't just magically go away for everyone because he won the Masters. For many people (myself included) it takes time and real action to prove he is a different person than his public persona led on. His reaction to winning the masters and his interviews and press conferences after have helped me understand the man a bit more than I once did, but, I didn't suddenly change because he rolled a putt in on Sunday. He has a long history and it's understandable why people still are not fans.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

http://www.golfchann...was-sore-loser/

:russian_roulette:

Discuss...

Good grief. Seems many people here and elsewhere have taken their dumb and dumber pills since Sergio won Sunday. SMH. :glare:

Let it go.

In my five years on this site, I have never seen a thread thrown in the cooler as many time as the Masters thread this year nor have I seen as many threads locked as I have seen after Sergio's win... :swoon:

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

You're missing the point, which is that the "truth" in this situation which is extremely SUBJECTIVE because we're talking about why guys don't like each other, was not a subject that needed to be broached in any way shape or form, no matter what Paddy was asked during an interview. The proper response, given the timing, to any question regarding he and Sergio's history should have been "That's all in the past and I'm happy for him"

You are misunderstanding by what I said by truth. The truth is, Sergio did those things (spitting in the hole, throwing clubs, throwing shoes etc..). Paddy was also truthful in answering with his true feelings about Sergio winning a major. It would have been a flat out lie if he had said what you wanted him to say. He was honest that they didn't like each other and that he thought things came easily to Sergio where it hadn't to him. While I agree the timing wasn't ideal, it happened and its over with now. Paddy even said that he is happy for him. It's refreshing to not get a cookie cutter answer all the time like we usually do.

"I was delighted to see the emotion on the 18th green," he said. "Anybody watching that has got to feel for him and see, maybe I'm a bit harsh in the fact that I look at it and say, 'Well, everything comes easy to Sergio.' But clearly, it hasn't come easy to him. It really hasn't. And you could see in that moment in time that, you know, he probably paid his dues." -Paddy

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron W/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course and conditions)
Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set. 50*, 56* bent to 54* and 58* w/ rifle spinner shafts
Ball- ProV1X

I didn't know Sergio is only 1.78 m tall.

I had to convert it. 1.78m = 5'10".

Seems a bit generous. Sergio walked right past me as he was heading to the first tee for the final round, 3 feet away in 2008 when my then GF and I were hanging out behind the clubhouse at Oakland Hills in 2008 PGA.. I'm 5'8" (ok 5' 7 3/4"), and he didn't look any taller than me.

Serg stole your girlfriend huh......thats why all the math and height dominance!?!?

Can't figure how to like my own posts

Shame on Harrington for sharing his opinion of a dude that has been less than cordial to him through the years. Was a major a long time coming? Yeah, probably, but these are still the reasons I was rooting for Rose to win in that playoff. Harrington was asked for his opinion and he gave it. I don't see how it get's any more simple than that.. But I do get, in this day and age, you can be considered wrong for your personal beliefs.

this wasn't said 2 minutes after Garcia holed the winning putt was it? I can probably answer that, no it wasn't.

so I'd have liked to heard the whole interview. what else were they talking about before these snippets? was Harrington asked a leading question? what else did they talk about and what did he continue to say afterwards? context of the conversation please.

I totally agree. Worse then what Sergio apparently did to him in losing in the first place. Now he's the sore loser, as far as I'm concerned. Coming out and putting this garbage all over his biggest moment...not good at all. If he's so high and mighty, then why did he feel the need to do this? Sergio is going to have to use that good attitude stuff he's recently learned to overcome this, that is for sure!

Seems petty to me. He should've put all of that crap behind him by now and let Sergio have his moment in the sun.

What I find odd about that article (didn't finish it), is Padraig's timing and maybe attitude. Seems the ranks of Professional golf are not so professional, but gossipy these days. I was surprised Padraig would make Sergio the topic of conversation. Sergio, back when, wasn't as mature as others on tour. Spaniard's, like Italians, and a few other passionate cultures, can be fiery, not to forget highly competitive. Age and maturity has a great deal to do with how someone reacts to losing, or someone decides to make a topic of conversation about someone that just won a major.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

You are misunderstanding by what I said by truth. The truth is, Sergio did those things (spitting in the hole, throwing clubs, throwing shoes etc..). Paddy was also truthful in answering with his true feelings about Sergio winning a major. It would have been a flat out lie if he had said what you wanted him to say. He was honest that they didn't like each other and that he thought things came easily to Sergio where it hadn't to him. While I agree the timing wasn't ideal, it happened and its over with now. Paddy even said that he is happy for him. It's refreshing to not get a cookie cutter answer all the time like we usually do.

"I was delighted to see the emotion on the 18th green," he said. "Anybody watching that has got to feel for him and see, maybe I'm a bit harsh in the fact that I look at it and say, 'Well, everything comes easy to Sergio.' But clearly, it hasn't come easy to him. It really hasn't. And you could see in that moment in time that, you know, he probably paid his dues." -Paddy

This entire quote is a way of dancing around actually saying you are happy for someone and congratulating them while making it look like that is what you are saying. He's not really committing to anything there. It's like someone getting asked their feelings about the Groom and Bride at a wedding and their response being "I thought it was a beautiful ceremony".

I understand there are going to be questions asked to raise different opinions about guys that win, but there is a way to avoid answering these questions and maintain a certain amount of integrity in the situation. For some reason there's been a societal shift where people seem to feed on these feuds between athletes and celebrities. Frankly I don't understand it, and I certainly don't care that Paddy dosen't like Sergio, just as I wouldn't care about Sergio publicly coming out and saying he doesn't like Paddy.

My take, again, is that it didn't need to be said at all, and particularly not at this time. There's a big difference between giving an outside the box answer and being petulant.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

This entire quote is a way of dancing around actually saying you are happy for someone and congratulating them while making it look like that is what you are saying. He's not really committing to anything there. It's like someone getting asked their feelings about the Groom and Bride at a wedding and their response being "I thought it was a beautiful ceremony".

I understand there are going to be questions asked to raise different opinions about guys that win, but there is a way to avoid answering these questions and maintain a certain amount of integrity in the situation. For some reason there's been a societal shift where people seem to feed on these feuds between athletes and celebrities. Frankly I don't understand it, and I certainly don't care that Paddy dosen't like Sergio, just as I wouldn't care about Sergio publicly coming out and saying he doesn't like Paddy.

My take, again, is that it didn't need to be said at all, and particularly not at this time. There's a big difference between giving an outside the box answer and being petulant.

I get it. Did it have to be said? No. But I'm not gonna bag on him for speaking his mind either. I'll bet Sergio doesn't give a flip about it. And I wouldn't either.

Hell I personally don't give a crap but I don't find particularly fair that people are giving Sergio a pass for being a sore loser and then crapping on Paddy for what is, at WORST, the same exact thing. Just my opinion though. I don't see the big deal.

Ball- ProV1X

I get it. Did it have to be said? No. But I'm not gonna bag on him for speaking his mind either. I'll bet Sergio doesn't give a flip about it. And I wouldn't either.

Hell I personally don't give a crap but I don't find particularly fair that people are giving Sergio a pass for being a sore loser and then crapping on Paddy for what is, at WORST, the same exact thing. Just my opinion though. I don't see the big deal.

There's people I work with in my industry that I think are complete douchebags but who are also very good at what they do professionally. I can acknowledge both. I think that's what Padraig was doing here. And its not like it was any secret they don't like each other anyway.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Such irony that Paddy yaps about his etiquette and then talks poorly of Sergio (I like both players BTW). Catch 22, love that he spoke his mind but its a bad delivery. Sergio is one of the rare guys who has maintained some semblance of top form for 20 years, and you KNOW Paddy would love that. He's moaned himself about grooves and other issues

Let's also bear in mind that the perception of Sergio being immature and petulant comes from what we "learn" from the media. I'm sure lots of players have fits, and toss clubs, tell of colour jokes and a lot of it goes completely unnoticed as it is not newsworthy. The media surely loves a villain

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Paddy is actually well liked by his peers and is usually in the 10-15 spot for the 20 most popular Tour Boys-

Was it cringe worthy?

Possibly awkward though hardly cringe worthy-

I like guys that speak their true feelings professionally and he kept it very professional if you listened to him or read his comments.

Hey, I get tired of listening to all these guys saying basically the same thing a slightly different way.

The fact that he Plays Staffs and Blondes is definitely worth points with me️

And the Boy's got three Big Ones and I don't give a shat when he won em but a little FYI, they were in the last decade ;)

Besides, he has a cryotherapy chamber in his garage for chrissakes, lol

All the Best,

RP

Good insights.

Plus, if you read the whole article, PH said that he thought Sergio paid his dues and he felt some emotion watching it on TV. I think PH was trying to give a sincere response that was, in the end, positive and human.

Paddy is actually well liked by his peers and is usually in the 10-15 spot for the 20 most popular Tour Boys-

Was it cringe worthy?

Possibly awkward though hardly cringe worthy-

I like guys that speak their true feelings professionally and he kept it very professional if you listened to him or read his comments.

Hey, I get tired of listening to all these guys saying basically the same thing a slightly different way.

The fact that he Plays Staffs and Blondes is definitely worth points with me��️

And the Boy's got three Big Ones and I don't give a shat when he won em but a little FYI, they were in the last decade ;)

Besides, he has a cryotherapy chamber in his garage for chrissakes, lol

All the Best,

RP

Good insights.

Plus, if you read the whole article, PH said that he thought Sergio paid his dues and he felt some emotion watching it on TV. I think PH was trying to give a sincere response that was, in the end, positive and human.

Almost a Kenny Powers type of response

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Paddy's beloved etiquette sounds like going through the motions of good behaviour without much in the way of genuine warmth. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not exactly inspiring. What I thought remarkable in Sunday's round was the spirit between Garcia and Rose, which seemed to run both ways. Hard to believe that Rose would reach out to someone who has been a jackass for years.

Would Paddy have been capable of playing the most important round of his life in that spirit?

I totally agree. Worse then what Sergio apparently did to him in losing in the first place. Now he's the sore loser, as far as I'm concerned. Coming out and putting this garbage all over his biggest moment...not good at all. If he's so high and mighty, then why did he feel the need to do this? Sergio is going to have to use that good attitude stuff he's recently learned to overcome this, that is for sure!

I read that Garcia said his major wins were "lucky". Would that not annoy you? Greatest moments which you grinded your whole life for and then the guy who you beat says you were lucky. Garcia may have hit better shots but Harrington just holed the putts that Garcia didn't, that's golf.

There's people I work with in my industry that I think are complete douchebags but who are also very good at what they do professionally. I can acknowledge both. I think that's what Padraig was doing here. And its not like it was any secret they don't like each other anyway.

Exactly!

Ball- ProV1X

Hello Gareth!

Going to disagree with you here as well! Harrington was honest and not over the top. For his first time as an analyst it was awkward but he handled it well. I took the impression that he has forgiven but not forgotten and at the weekend he was certainly not allowed to forget.

Garcia was unlucky in the past BUT he handled it atrociously and Harrington was in some ways at the sharp end, i.e. 'Harrington was lucky'. I would not forget that or be happy with that but even though they do not get on the hatchet is buried.

However the big thing for me is that I though Harrington was fair on Saturday and Sunday while being honest. Much rather have Harrington than Monty. Compared to some of Johnny Miller's talking down players Harrington sounded like a Garcia fan-boy at times. Yes Garcia has matured but has he ever apologised for disparaging Harrington's achievements? Not as far as I am aware. Harrington gave Garcia praise, even if it was through gritted teeth.