Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

Well.. sounds like the combo of pills or too many of them was the culprit here with a 0.00 breath test. Hopefully this shines a much needed light on the opiate/pain management crisis going on here in the US.

Its not necessarily a "crisis". For some people, its really really hard to find the correct mix and doses of medicines to help somebody. Ive seen it first-hand with family.

He just had back fusion surgery. There's no way he's not taking painkillers so he's able to actually do something except lie in bed. This truly could be something as simple as Tiger taking one too many pills than he was prescribed, and his body having this reaction. Or, it could just be a reaction to his body that was different than the day before.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

read the police report. He was all over the road, swerving and he was a danger to himself and others. The police had no choice but to remove him from the road. His refusal to take a test just shows you how guilty he is. I am not sure he has hit bottom yet but hopefully its a wake up call for him.

So wrong on so many counts. Read the article and then fix this post. He was not driving when found, he blew zero's.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/30/tiger-woods-dui-arrest-drugs-field-sobriety-police-report/

The truth is certainly bad enough. Why make stuff up?

PGA Tour Radio had an expert on this morning who referenced the smell of alcohol etc. When the host asked where he got that info from, the expert responded with "I read it on the internet last night."

Gotta love those experts who get their info from TMZ.

That being said, I have a feeling Tiger's next year is going to be focused on his back and also finding new ways to manage pain and sleep issues. Pills might not be the answer for him.

So for the people celebrating the "He wasn't drinking!" angle, what is your theory on how this happened? He just mixed these meds for the first time that night? He was just recently prescribed something new and it didn't work with his other meds? How do you think this all went down?

Best possibility: New meds didn't work well with one another.

Worst Possibility: He's in constant pain and hooked on pain meds. It's nothing to ridicule a human for.

So for the people celebrating the "He wasn't drinking!" angle, what is your theory on how this happened? He just mixed these meds for the first time that night? He was just recently prescribed something new and it didn't work with his other meds? How do you think this all went down?

Took meds 15-30 minutes before driving, drowsiness started during the drive, fell asleep at the wheel.

Your body can have different reactions to the same medication on a day to day basis.

You can be perfectly fine when taking the stuff, and then be whacked out a short time later. Tomorrow, you could take the same dose and be just fine.

As Ive said in another answer, Ive watched a close family member have to deal with taking this very strong pain medication for issues in the past year...a lot of the same type of stuff Tiger is taking. You wouldnt believe the types of swings that can happen on a day to day basis.

So in summary...

Tiger out in the middle of the night doped out of his mind on prescription meds.

End of story.

Tiger doing his usual song and dance damage control. Business as usual.

Everyone wants to assume he was out getting banged up doing bad things. However, we don't know what transpired before he was found.

Your body can have different reactions to the same medication on a day to day basis.

You can be perfectly fine when taking the stuff, and then be whacked out a short time later. Tomorrow, you could take the same dose and be just fine.

As Ive said in another answer, Ive watched a close family member have to deal with taking this very strong pain medication for issues in the past year...a lot of the same type of stuff Tiger is taking. You wouldnt believe the types of swings that can happen on a day to day basis.

That's exactly why it's illegal to drive on them at any time. I can't believe people are really trying to justify this.

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

Referring to TMZ as a "news source" is probably the most profound thing in this thread.

Lol!! It's a sad state of affairs (so to speak...) when TMZ or National Enquirer is just as reliable as the vaunted news networks!!

To be fair, The National Enquirer did break the hydrant story in 2009.

Just sayin.......

I guess the old adage, the sun shines on a dogs a** once in a while is apropos!

Well.. sounds like the combo of pills or too many of them was the culprit here with a 0.00 breath test. Hopefully this shines a much needed light on the opiate/pain management crisis going on here in the US.

Its not necessarily a "crisis". For some people, its really really hard to find the correct mix and doses of medicines to help somebody. Ive seen it first-hand with family.

He just had back fusion surgery. There's no way he's not taking painkillers so he's able to actually do something except lie in bed. This truly could be something as simple as Tiger taking one too many pills than he was prescribed, and his body having this reaction. Or, it could just be a reaction to his body that was different than the day before.

But what was he doing out in the swamp at 3am?

That's exactly why it's illegal to drive on them at any time. I can't believe people are really trying to justify this.

I can't believe people are so obsessed with trying to take him down that they'll take any random internet rumor as gospel.

but I never looked messed up, nothing close to what he looks like in that mugshot.

You may have if you took one too many, hadn't slept and were dealing with the unfathomable stress of having a photo taken of you that was going to be splashed on cell phones and televisions all over the the world within a few hours.

16 Oxy a day is a LOT, trust me..........I don't know how many is one too many.........but it's a LOT more than that. Ask someone whose had a total knee replacement if they had any trouble sleeping.........and trust me, getting your knee cut out is stressful!

I hope the guy finds some support and guidance........he needs help.

16 perks a day???

Shaaaaat, that's DII level, he ain't even DI???

Perks come in two strengths that are usually prescribed:

1) 5/325(5mg oxycodone/325mg acetaminophen)

2) 10/325(10mg oxycodone/325mg acetaminophen)

There is a 10/650 size however due to the fear of acetaminophen toxicity if one were to take the usual dosage of 4-6 a day, which, BTW is the usual dosage, it is rarely if ever prescribed.

All joking aside, and I don't know where the number "16" came from, and I'm not doubting it, I just haven't seen it, however IF someone is taking that many, bearing in mind that 4-6 a day is the normal script, that individual has a seeeeeeeerious problem and suboxone is on the horizon, and the sooner the better as the acetaminophen will destroy one's liver and then the fun really begins

Stay well my Friends?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I can't believe people are so obsessed with trying to take him down that they'll take any random internet rumor as gospel.

A police report is far from internet rumor but try again.

I never implied everyone who needs pain management is in crisis mode, it certainly has its place and is needed by some. However, if your trying to deny that the US in general is having serious issues with opiates/painkiller addition then your head is in the sand. I personally think its as serious of an issue as any drug crisis we have had in the US in my lifetime. When you see people lined up around the corner at pain clinics every morning, and half of them are from out of state or selling their script in the parking lot, I consider that a crisis.

Dash cam footage later today

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TI 340 Mini 11.5° Denali Blue 60 6.0

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
Cobra King Tour 5-G Project X LS120 6.0  

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

You think its illegal to drive when taking prescription medications? lol

Im not trying to justify anything. Just explaining what I think is going on.

As I said earlier, there is ZERO JUSTIFICATION or defense for this-

I like the guy and hope that he gets back on the course however if I were sitting across from him, as one who's been down the road he's obviously on, I'd first laugh in his face then tell him to save that bulshat for his kids and fans-

This is as bad as an alcohol related incident and anyone who says otherwise is as screwed up as Tiger-

Take THAT to the friggin bank?

My Best?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

But what was he doing out in the swamp at 3am?

The dude was asleep at the wheel at a stop light. I doubt he probably knew.

Tiger is lucky to be alive and also lucky he didn't injure someone else. Looking at a perspective of how many surgeries he's had (knee and back) it didn't occur to me how medicated he must have been after both surgeries. And what those legal narcotics can do to someone. Hope he recovers soon.

Many of us have been through severe pain and know friends/relatives who have gone through it. It really is heartbreaking.

Ping G430 Max 9 Tour Chrome 2.0 65 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Hzrdus Yellow 70 X

Titleist 913h 19* Hybrid Diamana Blue

Titleist 818h1 4,5 Hybrid KBS Tour 75 Prototype Stiff

Ping G425 6 Hybrid Tensei Blue TX

Ping G425 7-PW

MIZUNO 900 Forged Gap Wedge

Vokey SM9 54 60

Taylormade Spider

Pain med. or alcohol, what Tiger did is WRONG.

WHY is he out at 3am? don't care and none of my business.

WRX members have high morals.

WRX members have clean sheet of records.

WRX members reads and follows prescription bottles' label to a T.

WRX members always uses UBER or have a designated driver after drinking.

WRX members are very photogenic when getting pictures taken.

World would be a much better, safer and fun place if more people can join WRX.

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

You think its illegal to drive when taking prescription medications? lol

Im not trying to justify anything. Just explaining what I think is going on.

It's not? He got a dui for no reason?

No I have really heard it all.

He's human. For better or worse.

Probably a combo of tired, stress, pills, maybe some other shiz. Not much info on what he did to get stopped. Could've been driving too slow for all we know.

I won't take him to task much for it. I've whacked him over the noggin with the cyber kendo stick enough for cheating on Elin and being an otherwise insufferable clod in the past.

We are all guilty of breaking the law once or twice. He F'd up. Whatever.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Vokey SM10 54M 58D
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

As I said earlier, there is ZERO JUSTIFICATION or defense for this-

I like the guy and hope that he gets back on the course however if I were sitting across from him, as one who's been down the road he's obviously on, I'd first laugh in his face then tell him to save that bulshat for his kids and fans-

This is as bad as an alcohol related incident and anyone who says otherwise is as screwed up as Tiger-

Take THAT to the friggin bank

My Best

RP

Having a bad/unforeseen reaction to a prescription isnt as bad as knowingly getting behind the wheel drunk, RP.

If he's abusing these drugs, you're right. If this is a one-off situation due to a reaction from whatever he's taking, you're wrong.

Ive watched my dad suffer for two years now trying to find the correct types of medicine to help him with severe nerve pain. Its the most miserable Ive ever seen him. And we can't find a combination of anything that works. And Ive seen a number of medications make him sick, loopy, etc....and then he's fine the next day taking the same stuff.

Unless it comes out that he's abusing these medications, Im not going to rail Tiger for this...and I dont think anyone else should either. It truly could be something as simple as a reaction. Lets just be thankful nobody was hurt.