Ping I200 users

braincramp52

Just got mine in. Took about 10 days total. Man these things are nice.

The length is a little more than I was expecting. Overall, most clubs are about 3/4” longer than my old MP15s and the 4i feels miles long. It’s almost as long as I play my 4H that would replace it. We’ll see how it goes though. May or may not replace the hybrid.

They didn’t order the UW like I wanted, but might be a good thing. Loving the MD Forged 56 so might add the gap wedge to match. Also the grips didn’t come with Ping on them, which was a bit of a bummer.

Hope everyone enjoys there’s.

Did you order them longer than standard or were your MP15s shorter than standard? The i200 standard is only 1/4 inch longer than Mizuno standard.

+1/2”. That’s what I was fit for, and they feel fine now after hitting. The 4i just felt massive at first. I think the midsize grip made it feel much larger too. The 4i is awesome off my mat. Way better hitting. Could be the head, or the custom fit, or a bit of both. Can’t wait to get on the course after this 2 weeks of rain subsides.

Excellent. Sigh of relief. Because my green dot set was ordered at plus 1/2 inch, which is only 1/4 inch longer than the Nike Vapor Pro Combos I have been playing, but 3/4 inch longer than my Mizzy MP 53’s. But it really did not make any difference because these irons fly high. I have often carried a 38.5 inch iron in my bag. Only in the past it was a 4 iron and in this set it is a 25 degree 5 iron.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had any experience sending their irons back to Ping to get reshafted? I was fitted for and got the AWT shafts in my i200s. I love the heads but the shafts feel a little soft. Was thinking about going with the DG 120s. Would it make sense to send them back to Ping or just order the shafts and have a club maker install them?

[size=3][color=#0000ff][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Taylormade M3 440 10*
Taylormade R7 TP 15*
Titleist 816h1 19*
Ping G400 4 - 7
Ping i200 8 - UW (Power Spec Lofts)
Mizuno MP-T4 52* & 56*
Scotty Cameron Futura X7 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/color][/size]

Ping will probably end up being a little bit more expensive but you can guarantee it’ll be done right and they will guarantee the work. If you have anything done by a Nother club maker for example adjusting loft or lie and you have to send it back to ping to have something done they won’t warranty anything. Meaning if something happens to break while they are performing the repair you’re on the hook for the replacement cost

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

Just got mine in. Took about 10 days total. Man these things are nice.

The length is a little more than I was expecting. Overall, most clubs are about 3/4” longer than my old MP15s and the 4i feels miles long. It’s almost as long as I play my 4H that would replace it. We’ll see how it goes though. May or may not replace the hybrid.

They didn’t order the UW like I wanted, but might be a good thing. Loving the MD Forged 56 so might add the gap wedge to match. Also the grips didn’t come with Ping on them, which was a bit of a bummer.

Hope everyone enjoys there’s.

Did you order them longer than standard or were your MP15s shorter than standard? The i200 standard is only 1/4 inch longer than Mizuno standard.

+1/2”. That’s what I was fit for, and they feel fine now after hitting. The 4i just felt massive at first. I think the midsize grip made it feel much larger too. The 4i is awesome off my mat. Way better hitting. Could be the head, or the custom fit, or a bit of both. Can’t wait to get on the course after this 2 weeks of rain subsides.

I'm finding the 4 iron +1/2" to be a bit tricky, myself. I have a 3-iron shaft in it, so that probably has the most to do with it. It's definitely a summer club, and it's definitely not summer here. :)

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I've got 27 holes with mine and have been getting mixed results, at best. Coming from forged blades, my distance has increased and I've hit some really nice shots, but the thicker soles and added bounce have proven to be a difficult adjustment. I hit more shots fat than I can ever recall. It's never been an issue for me. I'm actually wondering if I do t need to tinker with the lie angles a bit.

It's a process, right?!?!

I have had the exact opposite experience, I'm coming from JPX900 tours and I'm finding that I take less of a divot but I'm a bit of a "picker" anyway. Had another great range session yesterday......You will get them dialed in.

I actually went from the jpx 900 tours to these and came back to the 900 tours. Mizuno really hit the nail on the head with this one.

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

QI10 tour 3 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

If you've recently received an order, check the lofts. I ordered my i200s 1 degree weak, and I had them checked the other day, and all but one club was 2 degrees weak. Luckily I wanted to bend them another degree weak, so the fitter had little to do.

With the recent price drop I have to imagine they're getting a lot of orders. Are they being a bit sloppy?

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Possibly. I have never ordered Ping or clubs from my golf course. But my set of 7 irons came without a box and already had a few rub marks from clanging together. No big deal as they were only $85 club and they are going to get the same marks as I use them.

Got to hit mine on the range today and they are so forgiving, high and long. Really hoping the course has the same results. It’s was hard to hit a bad shot on the range. Really loving the extra length.

If you've recently received an order, check the lofts. I ordered my i200s 1 degree weak, and I had them checked the other day, and all but one club was 2 degrees weak. Luckily I wanted to bend them another degree weak, so the fitter had little to do.

With the recent price drop I have to imagine they're getting a lot of orders. Are they being a bit sloppy?

The last several set of Ping irons I've custom ordered have never been to spec what was requested. They can get the length and lofts usually right, but swingweights are usually all over the place. When I do orders with them now I just have them put the grips in the box so I can swingweight them first, then put the grips on.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5* Diamana GT 60 S
Callaway AI Smoke Max 5W Tensei Blue 65 S

Ping G430 4H RDX Red 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-GW Modus 105S (bent 2* weak)
Callaway Jaws Raw 54* & 58*
Odyssey 5K #7 34”

The last several set of Ping irons I've custom ordered have never been to spec what was requested. They can get the length and lofts usually right, but swingweights are usually all over the place. When I do orders with them now I just have them put the grips in the box so I can swingweight them first, them put the grips on.

Just for fairness, I've seen them hit the number precisely the last several orders I've put in - it's been the retailer that has been the challenge. They don't put the order in correctly to the builder, and the builder does exactly what's on the sheet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Possibly. I have never ordered Ping or clubs from my golf course. But my set of 7 irons came without a box and already had a few rub marks from clanging together. No big deal as they were only $85 club and they are going to get the same marks as I use them.

Got to hit mine on the range today and they are so forgiving, high and long. Really hoping the course has the same results. It’s was hard to hit a bad shot on the range. Really loving the extra length.

I jgot my order last Wednesday, no box but no marks either. Got 4-U, 8 clubs and two Glide 2.0 (54 and 58 SS) for $87 a club. Got the Modus 105 in regular flex. The odd thing was the Glides came with CFS distance shafts not the current AWT? I’m hitting them great at the range but still wonder why they put the old stock shafts in the wedges. I also got power spec and loving the distance and ball flight. Playing the first round with them on Monday, hope they perform as well as they do at the range.

Taylormade SIM MAX driver 10.5 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 3w 15 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 5w 18 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 4h 22 Ventus R
PXG 0211 5-LW
Taylormade Spider X Chalk
OUUL Gator cart bag

I am contemplating going to these from my VPC irons, any advantages? Anyone made this switch? Thanks.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

The last several set of Ping irons I've custom ordered have never been to spec what was requested. They can get the length and lofts usually right, but swingweights are usually all over the place. When I do orders with them now I just have them put the grips in the box so I can swingweight them first, then put the grips on.

Sorry, but if you're measuring swing weight on something like a Mitchell, they are not the most accurate. Not saying someone can't screw up at Ping but their way of measuring swing weight and our way of measuring are like two different planets.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Ordered mine d2. All but one hit the mark. The one was d1.5. Outstanding.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Not all machines used for measure are the same, so it is tough to say. Were the loft gaps between each club correct. I had mine 2* weak with red dot. Everything was exact (+ .25*), measured in a clubhead guage using a digital angle guage to confirm. However, they did put DG instead of DG AMT shafts in my set, so I would say there is a possibility of human error in your case. Ping made it right for me and had a new set in hand in less than 48 hours. It is interesting the tag on the second set came from the Ping WRX department.

"Friendships born on the field of athletic strife are the real gold of competition.  Awards become corroded; friends gather no dust." -- Jesse Owens

WITB 2024 Edition

• Woods: :cobra-small: DarkSpeed X [10.5*, :kbs: TD LE 60; :cobra-small:  DarkSpeed LS [17.5*], TD Gloss 70; Iomic Evolution
  • Hybrid: :cobra-small: King Tec 2019 [19*], :kbs: PGH 85; Iomic Evolution
  • Irons & Wedges:  King Tour [4i & 5i], King CB [6i to Pw]; UST Mamiya Recoil 110; Iomic Evolution
  • Wedges: S23, 610; UST Mamiya Recoil 125 Prototype; Iomic Evolution
  • Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport-35 [24]; :garsen: Quad Tour NT TPE
  • Ball: :bridgestone-small: XS [22];
  • Notables: :cobra-small: -Vessel Tour stand bag; :ShotScope: Pro LX+ with H4; :Clicgear: 3.5+ w/Alphard Club Booster V2;

We’re your glides $87 also? My i200s were $85 each including tax and shipping. Might need to add some wedges to the bag. I didn’t check on those because I figured they would be closer to the $139 retail.

I actually ordered the original Glides which we were told was an option. My salesguy said he’d do them for the same deal as the I200 club price. Ping sent the 2,0s instead.

Taylormade SIM MAX driver 10.5 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 3w 15 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 5w 18 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 4h 22 Ventus R
PXG 0211 5-LW
Taylormade Spider X Chalk
OUUL Gator cart bag

I have been a little disappointed in my set. Got here very quickly - about 8 days from order to delivery - but I noticed yesterday that my pitching wedge is actually about 1/4” shorter than my gap wedge, and both are considerably shorter than my 9 iron. I also purchased a Glide 2.0 wedge locally. I pulled the stick shaft and replaced it with a Tour Issue x100. The stock shaft was only inserted about 1/3” into the hosel, and was clearly not seated all the way to the bottom.

If I’m being honest, I’m a little disappointed in how these irons wear, too. I get it, “tools, not jewels,” but these things look worked over after just 27 holes just from the irons rubbing together. I’ve never had a set get beat up so quickly.

Im sure Ping would take care of these issues without question, but it’s disappointing to have to deal with it. I had similar issues with another OEM with the last set of custom irons I ordered, so it is not unique to Ping. Don’t get me wrong, the irons perform well enough. Just don’t expect these issues from Ping.

First round with them and not happy so far. Reserving too much judgement as I know sometimes it takes a while to work out, even though my last two sets played well the first outing.

Also not impressed with the wear either. Lots of rub marks just from riding in the bag one round.

Hit them phenomenaly on the range and then proceeded to hit horrible shots on the course. They were also shorter than I expected. What is weird is that they are 1/2” longer than I am used to but I topped a couple of balls for the first time in a looong time. Wonder if it’s my head that they are longer so I am swinging a little taller.

The i200's will be in my bag for a long time. They are the ideal iron design. I have AWT stiff 3-UW and find them to be the most accurate irons I have ever owned.

Titleist TS2 KuroKage
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 15*
Callaway Steelhead XR 5wd
Titleist 818h1 21*
Titleist 718 AP1 4-GW KBS C-taper lite
Titleist SM6 54* SW
Scotty Cameron Newport Fastback 2

I have been a little disappointed in my set. Got here very quickly - about 8 days from order to delivery - but I noticed yesterday that my pitching wedge is actually about 1/4” shorter than my gap wedge, and both are considerably shorter than my 9 iron. I also purchased a Glide 2.0 wedge locally. I pulled the stick shaft and replaced it with a Tour Issue x100. The stock shaft was only inserted about 1/3” into the hosel, and was clearly not seated all the way to the bottom.

If I’m being honest, I’m a little disappointed in how these irons wear, too. I get it, “tools, not jewels,” but these things look worked over after just 27 holes just from the irons rubbing together. I’ve never had a set get beat up so quickly.

Im sure Ping would take care of these issues without question, but it’s disappointing to have to deal with it. I had similar issues with another OEM with the last set of custom irons I ordered, so it is not unique to Ping. Don’t get me wrong, the irons perform well enough. Just don’t expect these issues from Ping.

Did I read on another thread that the early wear is actually a coating that Pings is using on its irons but it is not the finish itself? And that when the coating is completely gone the clubs look fine again because it is the finish being uncovered, not damaged. Maybe that is not right but I did read that. So basically, the clubs have to look worse to look good again due to the coating.

Yes? No?

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I have been a little disappointed in my set. Got here very quickly - about 8 days from order to delivery - but I noticed yesterday that my pitching wedge is actually about 1/4" shorter than my gap wedge, and both are considerably shorter than my 9 iron. I also purchased a Glide 2.0 wedge locally. I pulled the stick shaft and replaced it with a Tour Issue x100. The stock shaft was only inserted about 1/3" into the hosel, and was clearly not seated all the way to the bottom.

If I'm being honest, I'm a little disappointed in how these irons wear, too. I get it, "tools, not jewels," but these things look worked over after just 27 holes just from the irons rubbing together. I've never had a set get beat up so quickly.

Im sure Ping would take care of these issues without question, but it's disappointing to have to deal with it. I had similar issues with another OEM with the last set of custom irons I ordered, so it is not unique to Ping. Don't get me wrong, the irons perform well enough. Just don't expect these issues from Ping.

Did I read on another thread that the early wear is actually a coating that Pings is using on its irons but it is not the finish itself? And that when the coating is completely gone the clubs look fine again because it is the finish being uncovered, not damaged. Maybe that is not right but I did read that. So basically, the clubs have to look worse to look good again due to the coating.

Yes? No?

The hydrophobic on my 8-iron is totally gone. Looks shiny. The rest are following suit.

Yes? No?

It would not surprise me. I even thought about taking a sanding pad to them for that reason. I’m sure they will be fine irons - there’s too many positive reviews to ignore. I’m committed to giving them a fair shake, just a bit surprised at the build quality and early wear.

I am contemplating going to these from my VPC irons, any advantages? Anyone made this switch? Thanks.

Fellow VPC user .I tried the i200 extensively at the range and on course. They are nice, slightly longer (3-4 yards) feel good but not as soft as VPC.

Are they better than VPC? No.

Cool, thanks. I got a new set of VPC last fall, and think I am just going to use these until they wear out.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X