2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

I tried the new 718 AP2's and AP3's

KirkNo-yes

I was able to try everything yesterday. Well, I didn't hit the MB or CB because I want forgiveness. I liked the AP2 but I hit it exactly the same as my 745. I was a little hungover yesterday :tongue: so I wasn't making my best swings but we got some good data. I decided to do a full set of the AP3. I thought they felt fine. The are just a very inviting looking golf club. You can definitely see quite a bit of the cavity in the 4 iron, but for some reason it didn't bother me. Really good flight for me with these irons. We settled on the AMT Tour White S300. SS was around 91mph, launch was around 18 and spin was in the 5600 range. Carry with 7 iron was 10 yards longer than with my 745 and AP2, 163 vs 173. We were on a TrackMan 4 hitting ProVs.

Hit the 4 iron a few times and it felt great. Avg carry was 217. Another thing was I fell in love with the new hybrids and I'm not a hybrid guy. Feel was stellar and the ball flight was great. Had an average carry of 229 with the 19 H1 which is a great number for me. H2 was about 10 yards shorter in carry with a lower flight. I really prefer the looks of the H1. Overall I had a great time, I would highly recommend doing the Titleist Thursdays to anyone.

Final Specs for me are:

818 H1 Atmos Black 9 Stiff (I was hitting the blue but would prefer the weight and slightly lower ball flight of the Black 9)

718 AP3 4-PW AMT Tour White S300

SM6 48F, 54F and 60S AMT Tour White S300

STD loft, lie and length

I haven't checked on my own, but are people seeing AP2 sets in retail shops with the AMT Tour Whites now? Do they have them (for instance, since I am in Michigan) at Carl's Golfland? I presumed that all of the current-stock retail AP2's had the (2016-17) DG AMT S300's. And indeed the specs are different between the first-gen DG AMTs and the new AMT Tour Whites. (Similar 9i weights but transitioning to even lighter weights in the longer irons; more progressive weight differences as it were.)

I've actually learned quite a lot in this thread; thanks to everybody.

I'm pretty sure they are the same shaft. AP2 is stock white. AP3 is stock black.

Paradym TD 8° @ 9° | Paradym TD 15° | UW 19° | Honma TW747V 4-9 | Zipcore 47°/51°/55°/59° | Evnroll EV2 Armlock

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a Titleist fitting today in Chicago or just north of Chicago at the Glen club. It was free and they provided trackman.

Last week I went to club champion and hit the Taylor made and Titleist but the ap3.

I play to a 9 and was thinking of a mix set. Ap1 ap3 and ap2 longest to shortest in that order.

Taylor made definitely were the winner but never compared them to the ap2.

I decided to ap2 but the longest I went was with the 5 iron in the project lz which comes stock. I'm a big fan of the steelfiber but Titleist did not have the shafts there.

The feel of ap2 were amazing while they were not long they looked great and they found the green way better then the ap3

The question is do upgrade to the steel fibers r stay with the project x lz shafts.

Yes GV, it's always a worry committing to a change in shaft from a sample size of one fitting.

You'll get plenty of advice here but only you know what the feel was like. If you trusted the fitter and that was what was advised for you, then maybe stick with the LZ.

Disclaimer; I'm having a fitting next week so I haven't hit the new PX LZ or AMT shafts yet and am a KBS Tour S user.

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 917 D3 9.5° - GD Tour AD MJ 7TX
Titleist 917 F2 15° - Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
Mizuno MP H4 3 Driving Iron - KBS Tour S
Titleist 718 AP3 4-PW - KBS Tour S+
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 50.12°S
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 54.10°[/font]
[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX 3.0 [/font][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]58.09°
Scotty 2018 FB 1st of 500[/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Scotty 2018 Global Ltd Fastback[/font]

Anyone know if you preordered the AP3 if they will ship out sooner than the 09/29 release date? Ordered on 09/02 and was curious if I would have them on 09/29 or sooner or if they would just ship out beginning on 09/29.

on Team Titleist, they said, they would ship them out, so, that pre-orders would have them by the 29th. You might check with who you ordered from, they might have shipping info.

Anyone tried both AP3 and C16 and can compare them?

Size? Topline? Offset? Feel?

only tried the CF16 which were clicky and thick-ish topline- I fully expect the AP3 to be way better i.e thinner topline and 'less' clicky with any luck, if they are close then its AP2 all the way

I think he was referring to the Titleist C16 concept iron. Not the Callaway CF16.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Anyone know if you preordered the AP3 if they will ship out sooner than the 09/29 release date? Ordered on 09/02 and was curious if I would have them on 09/29 or sooner or if they would just ship out beginning on 09/29.

My AP2s are showing as shipped yesterday, scheduled to be delivered 9/19. Check with your rep or store they may be able to provide tracking info.

My AP2s are showing as shipped yesterday, scheduled to be delivered 9/19. Check with your rep or store they may be able to provide tracking info.

AP3 order for my son with AMT Black Shafts shipped on Monday with delivery for this Friday

When did you guys order ????

Titleist 913 D2 8.5* Rogue 70 S
Titleist 915 16.5* Whiteboard 80 X
Titleist 915 19* Whiteboard 90 S, 24* Whiteboard 100X
 AP2 716 KBS Tour S 1x SS SM7 Black 50* KBS
SM7 Black 54/14 KBS,  SM7 58/12 KBS
KP1 Carbon ---Cally Chrome Soft 2018
TM TP5X

AP3 order for my son with AMT Black Shafts shipped on Monday with delivery for this Friday

When did you guys order ????

Ordered mine through my rep on 8/26

They are shipping them quickly but not sure you can actually get them until the release date. Titleist had indicated that they would fulfill orders as soon as they could so that preorders would potentially be available for pickup on the release date.

What about those of us who did drop shipping? Are you saying that these won't ship until 09/29 at the earliest?

They are shipping them quickly but not sure you can actually get them until the release date. Titleist had indicated that they would fulfill orders as soon as they could so that preorders would potentially be available for pickup on the release date.

What about those of us who did drop shipping? Are you saying that these won't ship until 09/29 at the earliest?

Dunno on that one.... they may try to estimate a ship date that would get the clubs in your hands as close to the release date as possible or you may just get them early I suppose.

Me too ....... I received shipping update today, my AP2 are schedule for 9/19 delivery.

i tried the ap3 today and fell in love when i held it. unfortunately that's where it ended for me. the face was way too springy. i was getting a ball speed of 129 out of the centre and as low as 118 when caught slightly out the toe.

i went for the ap2 as the variation between the ball speeds across the face was much closer.

i also thought the ap3 was very hard feeling and felt like a crack when i hit it well. stunning club and i desperately wanted to like it too

i tried the ap3 today and fell in love when i held it. unfortunately that's where it ended for me. the face was way too springy. i was getting a ball speed of 129 out of the centre and as low as 118 when caught slightly out the toe.

i went for the ap2 as the variation between the ball speeds across the face was much closer.

i also thought the ap3 was very hard feeling and felt like a crack when i hit it well. stunning club and i desperately wanted to like it too

how does the Ap2 feel?

how does the Ap2 feel?

Softest AP2 yet!!

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

how does the Ap2 feel?

I'm probably the wrong person to ask as I've always been a ping "i" series player so it was my first real experience with a forged club. it did feel nice. almost dull feeling (in a good way) compared to the harsh "crack" i was getting with the ap3. even though i didn't like the feel of the ap3 it wouldn't have put me off if the face was more consistent

And size of the 718 AP2's ? Smaller or same size as the 714's and 716's ? thanks

I believe I read from OP that blade length is identical to 716, with 7 iron toe being a tiny bit higher than 716 7 iron

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

Me too ....... I received shipping update today, my AP2 are schedule for 9/19 delivery.

That's awesome guys! What day did you order and was everything stock that you ordered?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]