What golf trips do you have coming up?

RTJ Trail this fall. Kiawah Island in the spring.

Cobra King F7, Hzrdus Yellow 65 6.0

Cobra King F7 4wd, Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0

Cobra King F7 Hybrid, Hzrdus Black 85 6.0

Mizuno JPX919 HMP 5-PW, AMT White S300

Vokey SM8, 48.10F/54.14F/60.08M, Stock shafts

Odyssey White Hot OG #7S 34"

Glad you had fun, I'd have done the same in your shoes, even though I like MidPines a little better. Its still a couple of months before my Thanksgiving trip to Southern Pines. I own a condo at Talamore where we'll stay. Luckily, my wife loves to play golf, so we'll be on the course pretty much every day for the whole week. Not sure where we'll play, we can figure that out day by day.

That'll be fun to look forward to! Do you have a rotation of courses you play when you're down there, or do you both mix it up?

My friend's dad is a member down at PH, so we were able to stay with him and get the member's guest rate on the PH courses. There was about 3 inches of rain on Saturday night which made playing #6 and #8 CPO. We'd have walked less if we got caddies! Ha! The greens were still super fast even with all of the rain.

In association with owning our condo at Talamore, we're members at Talamore and Mid South, so we always play those at least once, often twice. IMO, MidSouth is one of the better courses in the area, especially after the green reconstruction. We can book our "outside" golf through the Talamore Resort at the package rate, so we can usually save a couple of bucks off the rack rate no matter where we play. We usually try to fit in Mid Pines. We also have friends who are members at Pinehurst, so we almost always play at least one of those courses at the guest rate. We like Tobacco Road and Dormie Club. I enjoy playing at Southern Pines, it'll be interesting to see if the new management is raising the maintenance level.. Sometimes we'll play some of the "lesser" courses, and usually have a good time, but we're pretty spoiled now.

One great thing about going there regularly, we know a bunch of really good restaurants, many of which aren't frequented by golf tourists. One of the best bartenders in town works the members' bar at MidSouth, and he's always good for a few stories.

I was thinking of heading to Pinehurst maybe late November, early December. I know the Bermuda will be dormant, but generally how is the weather in the area during that time of year? Also, I'm assuming the courses will be relatively empty that time of year. Would like to try and play 36 a day.

I was thinking of heading to Pinehurst maybe late November, early December. I know the Bermuda will be dormant, but generally how is the weather in the area during that time of year? Also, I'm assuming the courses will be relatively empty that time of year. Would like to try and play 36 a day.

Usually the weekend before Thanksgiving is pretty crowded, but by Monday its like a ghost town. Weather runs from pleasant and warm to pretty cool, but we've almost always been able to play most days. Courses still get a moderate amount of play, and the day's aren't really long by November, so playing 36 might be tough. Still, its a nice quiet time of year to be in the area.

Usually the weekend before Thanksgiving is pretty crowded, but by Monday its like a ghost town. Weather runs from pleasant and warm to pretty cool, but we've almost always been able to play most days. Courses still get a moderate amount of play, and the day's aren't really long by November, so playing 36 might be tough. Still, its a nice quiet time of year to be in the area.

Fantastic. Always appreciate the great advice you provide.

Woohoo...all booked for the promised land. With the help of some awesome GolfWRX tips, was able to book tee times in advance at Pebble without staying on property.

8/26 (TBD) Poppy Hills $130

8/27 (1:10) Links at Spanish Bay $150

8/28 (2:10) Spyglass Hill $225

8/29 (7:10) Pebble Beach $395

Super pumped. If any other WRXers are in the vicinity during those times...let's hookup for a drink!

I’d recommend playing Pasatiempo over Spanish Bay

North Myrtle Beach next week for a fellas trip (20 guys) and then Orlando in January for another annual fellas trip (42 guys).

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

Woohoo...all booked for the promised land. With the help of some awesome GolfWRX tips, was able to book tee times in advance at Pebble without staying on property.

8/26 (TBD) Poppy Hills $130

8/27 (1:10) Links at Spanish Bay $150

8/28 (2:10) Spyglass Hill $225

8/29 (7:10) Pebble Beach $395

Super pumped. If any other WRXers are in the vicinity during those times...let's hookup for a drink!

I'd recommend playing Pasatiempo over Spanish Bay

Yeah...I know. I just can't seem to make it work logistically. Spanish is pre-paid and non-refundable. I could swap for Poppy, but that would kill almost all of Sunday with travel to Santa Cruz and golf.

Callaway Rogue ST, 10.5, GD Tour AD IZ
Callaway Rogue 4&7 Fairway, GD Tour AD IZ
Srixon U85 4-6, ZX7 7-SW PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX4 60 PX LZ 6.0
Evnroll 5.2 Short Slant
Snell MTB-X Yellow

Fairway Fred was nice enough to stop and say hi to me at Machrihanish Dunes on Monday. The odds that two US members here would both be out in Campbeltown at the same town are very low. You really have to want to get to th Mull of Kintyre. No one is there by mistake.

Played The Old Course today in amazing conditions and had a blast. New and Jubilee tomorrow. Castle Thursday and Carnoustie Friday.

Fairway Fred was nice enough to stop and say hi to me at Machrihanish Dunes on Monday. The odds that two US members here would both be out in Campbeltown at the same town are very low. You really have to want to get to th Mull of Kintyre. No one is there by mistake.

Played The Old Course today in amazing conditions and had a blast. New and Jubilee tomorrow. Castle Thursday and Carnoustie Friday.

It was great to meet you! Especially in a place as special as Campbeltown.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

• 2 weeks later...

I played 9 rounds in six days last week in the Tacoma/Bremerton area. The highlight of the trip was Chambers Bay. 'Great time.

I'm heading to central Wisconsin late next week to play Sentry World and the two courses at Sand Valley. I'll likely hit Thorncreek GC in Green Bay on the way up, and one other course on the way back. The weather forecast looks bleak, but I'm hoping for the best. This will be my 8th golf trip of the season.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

It was great to meet you! Especially in a place as special as Campbeltown.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

What are the chances of that? Cool.

I just booked a trip to play TPC Sawgrass Stadium and Dye's Valley course in mid-December. Yeah, the Stadium course is overpriced, and will likely underwhelm, but it's one of the Top 100 public courses that I want to check off the list. I'll fill out the trip with one or two additional rounds nearby. Hopefully the weather will be cooperative.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I just booked a trip to play TPC Sawgrass Stadium and Dye's Valley course in mid-December. Yeah, the Stadium course is overpriced, and will likely underwhelm, but it's one of the Top 100 public courses that I want to check off the list. I'll fill out the trip with one or two additional rounds nearby. Hopefully the weather will be cooperative.

I think Sawgrass is surprisingly fun. It looks like typical Florida golf on TV with too many hazards, but there is more width than you would think. Hole 16 and 18 are very good risk/reward holes and 17 is just fun because of TV. My hot take, I'd rather play a round at the Stadium than any of the top ranked courses in WI (Sand Valley excluded as I haven't seen it). I find the shots to be much more interesting and the bunkering makes the better angles obvious to see.

It's also true that the Valley course is much tougher, so don't think you'll get a break there. But it's a good course, well worth a play.

streamsong black and red this weekend

lawsonia links, erin hills, whistling, sand valley, mammoth dunes mid sept

lake nona/isleworth first week oct

was going to play a couple of long island exclusives mid oct but wife wasn't too happy about planning golf around 2 weddings in conneticut.

rest of the winter will be at my home club cuz florida rates are stupid after november.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

i think it's a great course. Just not 500 great. we pay the 175 rate but it's definitely worth around the 250-300 range.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

• 1 month later...

Pinehurst tgivung week ... #2 and #4

I'll be in town that week as well. I'm sure we'll play MidSouth and Talamore, at least once at Pinehurst with members, maybe MidPines, and who knows where else.

yeah, i remember you saying that, now ... i've got a tee time for #2 on Monday and #4 on Tuesday, so i'll probably be in town saturday and looking for a sunday tee time ... i haven't decided yet ... figure mp and pn will be over their summer issues with the turf ... think i'll choose one of them instead of tobacco road since i've never played a ross course before ...

Pinehurst tgivung week ... #2 and #4

I'll be in town that week as well. I'm sure we'll play MidSouth and Talamore, at least once at Pinehurst with members, maybe MidPines, and who knows where else.

yeah, i remember you saying that, now ... i've got a tee time for #2 on Monday and #4 on Tuesday, so i'll probably be in town saturday and looking for a sunday tee time ... i haven't decided yet ... figure mp and pn will be over their summer issues with the turf ... think i'll choose one of them instead of tobacco road since i've never played a ross course before ...

We'll drive down on the Friday before, probably, and stay until the Sunday after. Between PN and MP, both are excellent. I prefer MidPines, I just think it has a bit more "charm", but Pine Needles was the one Ross envisioned as the championship-calibre course. If you've been there before, you probably know your way around, but I'd be happy to recommend dining and drinking options if you like.

5th Annual guys trip coming up in Feb....Bandon, Wisc, Scottsdale, Bandon and now going to Monterey area. Spanish Bay, Pebble, Spyglass, Poppy Hills and potentially Bayonet/Blackhorse or Pasotiempo

Been to the area a number of times but never played Pebble or Spyglass.

So excited but need to keep working on the game

Paradym Ai Smoke Max Diamana PD 50S

Paradym Ai Smoke Max Tensei Blue 1K 60S

Paradym Ai Smoke 24* Tensei Pro 1K 70S

Srixon ZX5 mkII  Modus 105R

Callaway JAWS RAW Modus/DG S400

Mizuno M Craft VI