What golf trips do you have coming up?

Nova Scotia in 1 week: Cabot Cliff, Cabot Links, Highland Links on Cape Breton and then off to PEI to play Crowbush and others!! :)

Interesting itinerary - some fabulous courses, and quite remote. So where are you coming from? how are you travelling and where are you staying? I hear PEI has some beautiful courses.

• 1 month later...

'Just got back from 3 days and six rounds in Orlando. I'll be heading to the Florida Panhandle in mid-December for another 3 day, 5/6 round trip. I'll finish the year with 8 golf trips.

Mid-January is my annual trek to Phoenix. I'll return to southern California in mid-February. I just booked my flight to Birmingham, AL in late March. I'll likely play 5 or 6 of the northern RTJ Trail courses.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

It is a ways off but have tee times for next July at Pebble and Spyglass. I have never taken a golf vacation before but my best friend had this on his bucket list. How do you say no to your best friends bucket list LOL? Even though some feel these courses are over rated, I can't think of a location I would rather take my first golf vacation at!

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Any chance you need a 4th? My wife wants to take me there for my 50th...and would love not having to stay at the resort. PM me if you need extras.

Callaway Rogue ST, 10.5, GD Tour AD IZ
Callaway Rogue 4&7 Fairway, GD Tour AD IZ
Srixon U85 4-6, ZX7 7-SW PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX4 60 PX LZ 6.0
Evnroll 5.2 Short Slant
Snell MTB-X Yellow

Checked off Kiawah (Ocean and Cassique were amazing) and Sea Pines (Atlantic and Harbour solid - hotel staff and service really subpar).

Soliciting ideas for a trip next fall. We have a cross county group so thinking maybe RTJ - would be interested to hear what you think Argonne

Taylormade Qi10 LS 10.5*    (Diamana WB 63X)

Titleist TSR2+ 13*                 (Diamana ZF 70TX)

Titleist TSR3 18*                   (Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX)

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5i                 (MODUS 105X)

Srixon ZX7 MkII 6-PW           (MODUS 105X)

Taylormade MG4 48*, 52*    (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG4 TW 56*     (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG3 TW 60*     (DG TI S400)

LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick (TPT Putter)

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

Checked off Kiawah (Ocean and Cassique were amazing) and Sea Pines (Atlantic and Harbour solid - hotel staff and service really subpar).

Soliciting ideas for a trip next fall. We have a cross county group so thinking maybe RTJ - would be interested to hear what you think Argonne

I think everyone owes themselves a trip (or two or three) to the RTJ. 'Really good golf at very affordable prices. The various sites are a short drive from each other, so it's fairly easy to string together a few courses. Also, many of the sites have multiple courses, and lodging on-site.

My first trip took in Capital Hill, Cambrian Ridge, Grand National, and Ross Bridge. My 2nd trip took it in Lakewood and Magnolia Grove. My next trip will be a handful of the northern courses.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

I think everyone owes themselves a trip (or two or three) to the RTJ. 'Really good golf at very affordable prices. The various sites are a short drive from each other, so it's fairly easy to string together a few courses. Also, many of the sites have multiple courses, and lodging on-site.

My first trip took in Capital Hill, Cambrian Ridge, Grand National, and Ross Bridge. My 2nd trip took it in Lakewood and Magnolia Grove. My next trip will be a handful of the northern courses.

We did a Bama trip earlier this year as a "somewhat" RTJ Trip. Ross Bridge, Judge, Farmlinks and Cider Ridge on the way in (flew in/out of ATL).

Honestly I thought the Judge was overrated personally. the conditions were not that great, almost over played.. Ross Bridge was impressive but not sure if it was from the size of the facility... crazy how much open area there was. Farmlinks was a good track and Cider Ridge was the surprise of the 4.

Overall would I go back, maybe? There are other destinations I would play first with easier access to courses with less driving that IMHO are just as good.

One aspect that is bit of pain but I know part of the sales pitch is the driving / checking in/out of a room almost every day depending on how you plan the trip. We decided to base out of Hoover and to just drive and not change rooms. We did Farmlinks instead of Grand National as the drive was shorter to Farmlinks and it was higher rated course.

We did a Bama trip earlier this year as a "somewhat" RTJ Trip. Ross Bridge, Judge, Farmlinks and Cider Ridge on the way in (flew in/out of ATL).

Honestly I thought the Judge was overrated personally. the conditions were not that great, almost over played.. Ross Bridge was impressive but not sure if it was from the size of the facility... crazy how much open area there was. Farmlinks was a good track and Cider Ridge was the surprise of the 4.

Overall would I go back, maybe? There are other destinations I would play first with easier access to courses with less driving that IMHO are just as good.

One aspect that is bit of pain but I know part of the sales pitch is the driving / checking in/out of a room almost every day depending on how you plan the trip. We decided to base out of Hoover and to just drive and not change rooms. We did Farmlinks instead of Grand National as the drive was shorter to Farmlinks and it was higher rated course.

That’s the hesitation as we have a group coming from all over for a few days it may be a bit of a logistical nightmare to stay at 3-4 hotels (not to mention finding a sober driver consistently). That was most of the appeal of Kiawah and Sea Pines (though again, will not be going back to Sea Pines). Appreciate the advice!

Taylormade Qi10 LS 10.5*    (Diamana WB 63X)

Titleist TSR2+ 13*                 (Diamana ZF 70TX)

Titleist TSR3 18*                   (Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX)

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5i                 (MODUS 105X)

Srixon ZX7 MkII 6-PW           (MODUS 105X)

Taylormade MG4 48*, 52*    (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG4 TW 56*     (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG3 TW 60*     (DG TI S400)

LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick (TPT Putter)

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

So...me and the fellas just put the finishing touches on our 2018 trip...next up is Mesquite/St. George during Masters weekend.

Playing Coyote, Conestoga, Ledges, Sand Hollow, Coral Canyon...and wrapping up the trip at Wolf Creek on the last day. Most of the guys have played none of these...I've played all but Coyote, Conestoga and SH, since they are new since my last visit to the area.

We have an 8-bed house in St. George....on the SH golf course. I'm going to make sure I'm in the first group....so I can see everyone's expressions when they walk off 18 at Wolf. Now we just need 4 months to fly by.

Callaway Rogue ST, 10.5, GD Tour AD IZ
Callaway Rogue 4&7 Fairway, GD Tour AD IZ
Srixon U85 4-6, ZX7 7-SW PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX4 60 PX LZ 6.0
Evnroll 5.2 Short Slant
Snell MTB-X Yellow

• 2 weeks later...

How do anyone hare rate the Magnolia Course at Disney?, I have a Tee Time on the 30th of Dec 1pm (weather permitting)...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

I'm heading to Panama City Beach, FL next week for six rounds at Regatta Bay, Sandestin Resort (Burnt Pine and Raven), Windswept Dunes, and Bay Point (Nicklaus and Meadows).

Doing Monterey in September with Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill, Spanish Bay, and Pasatiempo already booked. Hoping to add Poppy Hills, Bayonet, and Pacific Grove once tee times open up.

Still planning on a Spring trip. Leaning towards Pinehurst and play Pine Needles, Dormie Club, and Pinehurst number 8. Played all the other highly regarded courses in the area. Might through in another round or two for fun.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Nova Scotia in 1 week: Cabot Cliff, Cabot Links, Highland Links on Cape Breton and then off to PEI to play Crowbush and others!! :)

Interesting itinerary - some fabulous courses, and quite remote. So where are you coming from? how are you travelling and where are you staying? I hear PEI has some beautiful courses.

I'm also interested in this information. I would like to do a golf trip to Nova Scotia. Logistics and costs are quite challenging.

Spyglass for sure next week, hoping to get it swapped to Pebble Beach. Unfortunately not made of money though and have been told only one round so the "once in a lifetime" trip out there for the wife's work will be limited to one course. Lol

You only get one round...OR only one round based on the price? At the price of PB I can think of 2 or 3 courses in the area you could play for the price of one round PB that are excellent. Unless playing PB is important to you.

Spyglass for sure next week, hoping to get it swapped to Pebble Beach. Unfortunately not made of money though and have been told only one round so the "once in a lifetime" trip out there for the wife's work will be limited to one course. Lol

You only get one round...OR only one round based on the price? At the price of PB I can think of 2 or 3 courses in the area you could play for the price of one round PB that are excellent. Unless playing PB is important to you.

One round period. Not sure if there would be time for another round anyway.

If it's a once in a lifetime deal, play Pebble. You won't regret and you'll remember it for a long, long time.

I'm 50/50 for a guys trip to Pinehurst in April (depends on some work stuff)...and 100% for Scotland in June!

Also, not really "trips" but playing GC Am tour events (2 day events) in San Antonio, Kiawah & Kingsmill in 2018

TM R1
TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
Ping TR 1966 Anser2

If it's a once in a lifetime deal, play Pebble. You won't regret and you'll remember it for a long, long time.

Ooooo you will remember it... for the scenic views, a few decent holes and the longest round of your life :russian_roulette:

Ooooo you will remember it... for the scenic views, a few decent holes and the longest round of your life :russian_roulette:

Nab that first tee time if possible. Greens are pristine, ample time to admire and photograph the scenery, and (as long as you're fast enough to not hold up play behind you) you'll never be bothered by anyone out there.

You must be fun at parties!

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

• 1 month later...

How was Spyglass? Tell me as much as your time allows...PLEASE :-)

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

How was Spyglass? Tell me as much as your time allows...PLEASE :-)

Not directed at me but some advice I would give for Spyglass is to be careful which tees you select, from the 5th hole on the course plays long, many uphill holes that add to the course yardage. The day can get really long if you need to rely on Hybrids and fairway woods for your seconds shots.

Heading down to Alabama to play the RTJ Trail the first week of April. There will be 4 of us going and we are playing the following courses:

Day 1:

18 on the Fighting Joe course at The Shoals

Day 2:

36 at Ross Bridge

Day 3:

36 at Farmlinks

Day 4:

18 on the Links at Grand National

18 on the Lake at Grand National

Day 5:

18 on The Judge at Capitol Hill

18 on The Senator or Legislator at Capitol Hill

Spring can't come soon enough!!

Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
Taylormade SIM 5 wood w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-80X
Sub 70 699u Pro 2 iron 17* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-90X
Mizuno MMC 4-6 w/ Dynamic Gold- X100

Mizuno MP20 7-PW w/ Dynamic Gold-X100
Mizuno MP T20 50*, 54*, 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S-400 
Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

Any reason you're not planning to play Oxmoor Valley in Birmingham? I'll be there the week before you. I've played Ross Bridge, but not Oxmoor.

I traveled to Panama City Beach in mid-December, and Scottsdale two weeks ago. Next stop SoCal in mid-February. I've confirmed a tee time on Torrey Pines North, but the South course is booked solid. I might have to queue up before sunrise and hope to get on. Otherwise I'll be looking at course reviews to fill out the schedule. I'm hoping to play 7 rounds.