What golf trips do you have coming up?

Heading down to Alabama to play the RTJ Trail the first week of April. There will be 4 of us going and we are playing the following courses:

Day 1:

18 on the Fighting Joe course at The Shoals

Day 2:

36 at Ross Bridge

Day 3:

36 at Farmlinks

Day 4:

18 on the Links at Grand National

18 on the Lake at Grand National

Day 5:

18 on The Judge at Capitol Hill

18 on The Senator or Legislator at Capitol Hill

Spring can't come soon enough!!

Nice trip, did it a few years ago. Farmlinks is great, Ross Bridge was great... Judge I thought was "okay". Wish we would of went to Grand National instead.

I just got back from Orlando. I love going to Orlando because there’s so many courses to choose from, so many dining options, and great lodging options.

Orange County National has to be on everyone’s must play. We didn’t have a chance to use the range (played 36 and had the first slot out on Crooked Cat in the AM). I’d play CC over PL everyday of the week. There were a few holes on the front of PL that seemed out of place and kind of crammed in.

I love Celebration. It was in great shape. I can’t stand their range but the conditions and lay out are both fun and challenging.

Grand Cypress receives an F. Played S/E in the AM and was supposed to play the New at 1:10pm. We finished the first round in 3.75 hours. The course was ok. Conditions were good but without GPS or any course knowledge, there are a ton of “where am I supposed to hit this” shots. We check in for the New course and they are running 65 minutes behind. There was no way we would have finished and I was not happy. How do you run 65 minutes behind? The length of rounds on the New course is always an issue. I’ve never played in less than 5 hours and it’s one of the easiest courses you can play (but one of the most fun courses you can play). GC is way too accommodating with groups that drastically effect everyone else. We ended up playing N/S which is hands down the best option of the other courses they have. The North was my favorite and had less blind shots than the others.

90 holes in 3 days and we cancelled Shingle Creek. We were dead. I’m not sure if it was the golf or the booze.

Any reason you're not planning to play Oxmoor Valley in Birmingham? I'll be there the week before you. I've played Ross Bridge, but not Oxmoor.

We were able to grab 36 at Ross Bridge for the special Easter rate and felt like replaying that course would be better than playing 18 at Ross Bridge and 18 at Oxmoor Valley. We were set on the other locations as well.

Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
Taylormade SIM 5 wood w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-80X
Sub 70 699u Pro 2 iron 17* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-90X
Mizuno MMC 4-6 w/ Dynamic Gold- X100

Mizuno MP20 7-PW w/ Dynamic Gold-X100
Mizuno MP T20 50*, 54*, 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S-400 
Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

Just got back from a week in Phoenix. Ours was more of a budget trip so we didn’t hit any of the real big Scottsdale courses. But the grass was still green and the temps in the 70’s. Even the worst course looked a lot better than our snow covered ones at home.

And we made it back through Denver just before the nasty winter storm hit.

Going to Scottsdale in November:

Talking Stick

Grayhawk

We Ko Pa

Troon Monument

TPC Stadium

Quintero

Ak Chin Southern Dunes

Mountain Shadow

and maybe Raven, Wigwam Gold, Wickenburg or Camelback,

Talking Stick North (O'odham) or South (Piipaash)? I played the Piipaash course two weeks ago, and was completely underwhelmed.

Wickenburg and Quintero are a bit of a drive from the Scottsdale area. It would be best to combine the two on a single day, but you'd have to hit the road very early in the morning.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Just got our Memorial Day weekend trip planned and finalized for Greenvillie and Aiken/Augusta!

Thursday- Keowee Vineyards

Friday- Sage Valley

Saturday- Palmetto 36 holes

Sunday- Champions Retreat 27 holes

Monday- Thornblade Club

I have played a few of these courses not all. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on the lineup or trip?

Thanks

I just secured following trips :

March : Weekend with my wife in Spain, rounds booked at Real Sotogrande and Finca Cortesin (both Continental Europe Top 50)

March : Family trip to Edinburgh, one round booked at North Berwick (World Top 50)

July : Family vacation in Greece, back for two weeks at the stunning Westin Costa Navarino Resort, owning two beautiful courses which I played last year.

To be confirmed :

June : Two rounds tournament at Les Bordes (France), one of the most exclusive club in Europe (Continental Europe Top 20)

June or August : Trip with buddies in Denmark and Sweden (6 rounds on 6 different courses - all Continental Europe Top 100)

December : Family vacation in Phuket, Thailand. Should likely manage about 5-7 rounds.

I could be a very exciting season if everything is confirmed !

My friend and I got a ticket to the Monday practice round at the Masters, so we are making a little golf trip out of it. Walking the grounds of Augusta is definitely a bucket list item for me. So is playing at Pinehurst.

We are staying down in Pinehurst (not on the grounds) on 3/31 and will try to play a round on one of the PH courses that afternoon. On Easter Sunday 4/1, we have a morning tee time at Tobacco Road and then we want to play another PH round in the afternoon. Since it's Easter weekend, we're hopeful that we can get on #2. If not, hopefully we can play a couple rounds on 7/8/9. I'll call 5 days out to see what I can find out. If we strike out there, then Dormie Club and Pine Needles will be on the short list.

We're staying in Columbia, SC on 4/1 and 4/2, and will head back home on 4/3. It's also final 4 weekend so there will be no shortage of fun on Saturday night and Monday night. So pumped for this trip!

My friend and I got a ticket to the Monday practice round at the Masters, so we are making a little golf trip out of it. Walking the grounds of Augusta is definitely a bucket list item for me. So is playing at Pinehurst.

We are staying down in Pinehurst (not on the grounds) on 3/31 and will try to play a round on one of the PH courses that afternoon. On Easter Sunday 4/1, we have a morning tee time at Tobacco Road and then we want to play another PH round in the afternoon. Since it's Easter weekend, we're hopeful that we can get on #2. If not, hopefully we can play a couple rounds on 7/8/9. I'll call 5 days out to see what I can find out. If we strike out there, then Dormie Club and Pine Needles will be on the short list.

We're staying in Columbia, SC on 4/1 and 4/2, and will head back home on 4/3. It's also final 4 weekend so there will be no shortage of fun on Saturday night and Monday night. So pumped for this trip!

I am doing something similar that weekend as i have a badge for Monday as well but we will be staying much closer to Augusta. Just and FYI It is a Hike from Pinehurst to Augusta and even from Pinehurst to Columbia is like 2 and a half hours you may want to look into somewhere closer to the Augusta area like Aiken. Just food for thought. Enjoy your trip I have done the Pinehurst area 3 times Dormie, Mid Pines, T-Road there all great!

I am doing something similar that weekend as i have a badge for Monday as well but we will be staying much closer to Augusta. Just and FYI It is a Hike from Pinehurst to Augusta and even from Pinehurst to Columbia is like 2 and a half hours you may want to look into somewhere closer to the Augusta area like Aiken. Just food for thought. Enjoy your trip I have done the Pinehurst area 3 times Dormie, Mid Pines, T-Road there all great!

Thanks! It's going to be a blast. We were looking around different locations like Aiken and Lexington, but Columbia seemed to be the best spot for us. We just have the one night in PH and will head to Columbia after playing 36 on Sunday. The 75 mile commute at o-dark-thirty on Monday morning should be a breeze! I'll be taking all of the pictures possible once inside the gates at Augusta.

Think I'll go to Branson.

Did that last year, some really good golf in the area and Table Rock Lake is pretty nice.

I've been wanting to play Buffalo Ridge for many years. Also, curious how the Crenshaw course is coming. Time to start planning this.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Now I'm back from Palm Springs my next junket is Scotland in June. Staying across the street from Prestwick, and playing Dundonald, Prestwick, Gailes, and Western Gailes. Then moving to Aberfeldy and playing North Berwick, Gullane 2, the Glen, and Dunbar. Apparently we're high on the list of alternates to play Muirfield. This will be my third golf trip to Scotland, and we're visiting unknown territories.

Think I'll go to Branson.

Did that last year, some really good golf in the area and Table Rock Lake is pretty nice.

I've been wanting to play Buffalo Ridge for many years. Also, curious how the Crenshaw course is coming. Time to start planning this.

Here's a photo tour of Buffalo Ridge from last summer https://www.flickr.com/photos/golfcoursepix/albums/72157687128381196

It is a terrific fun course and exceeded my expectations. On the other hand, I also played Top of the Rock, which I thought was way overblown. a lot of sizzle but not much steak and very expensive.

36347213946_db92e87cee_c.jpg

Buffalo Ridge #5 from tee

Now I'm back from Palm Springs my next junket is Scotland in June. Staying across the street from Prestwick, and playing Dundonald, Prestwick, Gailes, and Western Gailes. Then moving to Aberfeldy and playing North Berwick, Gullane 2, the Glen, and Dunbar. Apparently we're high on the list of alternates to play Muirfield. This will be my third golf trip to Scotland, and we're visiting unknown territories.

An excellent itinerary. The Glen is the only one that's not a star.You might consider skipping the Glen and playing North Berwick twice or Gullane #1. Many visitors skip Dunbar. I loved it.

An excellent itinerary. The Glen is the only one that's not a star.You might consider skipping the Glen and playing North Berwick twice or Gullane #1. Many visitors skip Dunbar. I loved it.

I'd probably do what you suggest, if I was the one doing the planning. However, I've planned these in the past, and I know the effort my buddy has put into it, and I'm not going to say a word. From what I've read, the Glen might be an interesting change of pace, kind of a seaside "parkland" course after playing links the rest of the time.

Heading to Dallas for a couple of days next week to play Trinity Forest.

Then off to London/Scotland first week of March.

St Georges Hill

Huntercombe

Machrihanish

Machrihanish Dunes

Dornoch

Brora

Isle of Harris

Askernish

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

Going with a group of 16 to Dothan AL to stay and play at Dothan National in mid March.

Might be able to play here in Illinois then but at least 36 a day for 5 days in what should be much better weather.

In the Bag:

Driver: 10.5 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 60

Fairway Wood: 15 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 70

Fairway Wood: 19 Epic Flash Tensei Blue 75

Irons: Apex Pro '19 4-AW, Aerotech Steelfiber 95

Wedges: 54 MD4 and 58 '19 PM Grind 

Grips: Tour Velvet Jumbo

Putter: Odyssey MXM 9 HT

Balls: Chrome soft Triple Track