Callaway's new Apex MB and X Forged irons

GolfWRX

X-Forged order placed! Dynamic Gold 120's were available, THANKS Callaway Golf!! :smilie_cally: :D

Wowza nice to see this as a no upcharge shaft especially since the clubs are already $1200 ++

Callaway Golf takes care of their customers, that's why I play Callaway- customer service is second to none! I got up super early for me to place my order, was pleasantly surprised when I saw the DG 120 as a option.

I forgot to mention earlier, they make Great golf clubs too!

In addition to DG120, I noticed Nippon Modus 105 and KBS S-Taper as options too.

Nice to see a major OEM offer premium shafts without the up-charge and have plenty of options that should fit everyones needs.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit the Apex MB today against the TM 730 and the MP18. All three are very nice, to me it comes down you personal preference. Hit all three with project x 6.0 shafts, each in a 7 iron other than the mp18 was a six. Ball speeds, launch, spin, and distance (All indoor LM) were very similar. Feel is very subjective, to me they all felt great when flushed. The 730's have a bit shorter blade length compared to the others. I like the finish of the mp18 the best and the shorter blade length of the 730. I'd take the Apex if raw was an option though. I think this is the best blade release in a long time with four big name manufacturers putting them out so close together. I took some comparison photos of the 730 vs apex mb I'll post later. If you're a bkade/mb lover you've got to be in heaven right now with so many excellent options. The 730 is on the left.

AI Smoke Max Ventus Velocore +
Callaway GBB Fuji 757 vi 

Cobra LTDX max 5w HZRDUS Blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58v PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

Just got fitted for a combo set of X-Forged and Apex MB's. They are being built out as we speak. Decided to do 3, 4 & 5 irons in the X-Forged with 6-PW in the Apex MB's. All I can say is that the X-Forged irons were extremely forgiving, felt really really good, all the while looking amazing at address. The Apex MB's are in a class of their own. The instant feedback on ball strike was second to none. I've never felt anything more buttery when hitting the sweet spot, which is honestly not hard to do with these clubs even though they are proper blades. I found them pretty forgiving for a classic blade design and I also thought they look absolutely stunning at address. The best shaft for me ended up being the KBS Tour C-Taper in X-Stiff, with all irons being an inch longer than standard, going 1 degree weak on the loft and 1.5 degrees upright. Went with the Golf Pride MCC Align grips in midsize on all clubs, which feel awesome while holding the club, and just for sh*ts and giggles I had my fitter put grey ferrels with a dual red stripe on the bottom so they blend in with the shaft to give my clubs that custom look. Just wanted to share this info with the golfwrx community because honestly, I can't hide my excitement for this new set of stix!!

Jesus christ, 220 with a bladed 6 iron. Good on you brother.

WITB:
*Taylormade Stealth+ 8.25, Fujikura Ventus Black S
*Taylormade Stealth 2 3&5
*Titleist T350 4 Iron, T200 5/6, T150 7-pw (bent 1 strong) Modus 120s
*Vokey SM8 Jet Black Limited 52/56/60
*Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2+
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

Hahahaha it was as pure a strike as it gets. I don't expect to produce that everytime, but hey, I'll certainly take it! As you can see, my dispersion was pretty tight with the new Apex MB's compared to my current RSi TP's. And here's a more accurate representation of the total swings I took with the Apex MB's.

One think I don't quite understand is why two different color schemes for each. Lets say you want to combo the irons, which I image a fair amount of people would. I know it's being a bit picky, but you end up with a satin X forged and a chrome MB, so a bit of a different look sitting in the bag as well as over the ball on either side of the scoring lines. If raw happens to be an option, I guess you could go that route on the MD but they still aren't going to match up in the end.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Hit the Apex MB today against the TM 730 and the MP18. All three are very nice, to me it comes down you personal preference. Hit all three with project x 6.0 shafts, each in a 7 iron other than the mp18 was a six. Ball speeds, launch, spin, and distance (All indoor LM) were very similar. Feel is very subjective, to me they all felt great when flushed. The 730's have a bit shorter blade length compared to the others. I like the finish of the mp18 the best and the shorter blade length of the 730. I'd take the Apex if raw was an option though. I think this is the best blade release in a long time with four big name manufacturers putting them out so close together. I took some comparison photos of the 730 vs apex mb I'll post later. If you're a bkade/mb lover you've got to be in heaven right now with so many excellent options. The 730 is on the left.

The heaven comment is spot on

Hahahaha it was as pure a strike as it gets. I don't expect to produce that everytime, but hey, I'll certainly take it! As you can see, my dispersion was pretty tight with the new Apex MB's compared to my current RSi TP's. And here's a more accurate representation of the total swings I took with the Apex MB's.

The dispersion really tightened up. Looks like some very consistent numbers. I have gotten myself down to a single digit handicap this year but don't know if I could full time carry blades. I don't play for money or in tourneys so I may just say to hell with it. The looks make me happy.

WITB:
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

I hit the Callaway MB, X-Forged, and Apex Pro 16 - 7 irons with a ProjectX 6.0 against my Mizuno MP-4 (KBS $Taper S) and JPX 900 Tours (DG TI S400). The MB looks almost exactly like the MP4. They are the exact same size although the sole in the MB is slightly wider than the MP4 and the leading edge of the MB is like the leading edge of a Miura MB. I hit the MB pretty much the same as my MP4. The X-Forged at address looks similar to the Miura CB57. It has a larger profile than the MB and looks good. I hit the X-Forged much better than the Apex Pro 16 but about the same as the MB. Wished it would have been outside on grass instead of carpet at a SuperPGA store. I do like that the MB offers a 2i. Initially I was hitting 190 yard carry 7 irons which is long for my swing profile but once I took the plastic off the face the numbers dropped to my range of 172 carry with Pro V1x balls due to more spin. I do like both of these offerings.

Tell me, if the S-taper shafts are no upcharge then does that mean the black version is as well since they are the same price?

WITB:
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

The dispersion really tightened up. Looks like some very consistent numbers. I have gotten myself down to a single digit handicap this year but don't know if I could full time carry blades. I don't play for money or in tourneys so I may just say to hell with it. The looks make me happy.

Go for the MB! I hit them yesterday and couldn’t notice much difference forgiveness wise, if I order will def be the MB!

Tell me, if the S-taper shafts are no upcharge then does that mean the black version is as well since they are the same price?

They are no upcharge but the black versions are not listed..

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Great pics!

Just got fitted for a combo set of X-Forged and Apex MB's. They are being built out as we speak. Decided to do 3, 4 & 5 irons in the X-Forged with 6-PW in the Apex MB's. All I can say is that the X-Forged irons were extremely forgiving, felt really really good, all the while looking amazing at address. The Apex MB's are in a class of their own. The instant feedback on ball strike was second to none. I've never felt anything more buttery when hitting the sweet spot, which is honestly not hard to do with these clubs even though they are proper blades. I found them pretty forgiving for a classic blade design and I also thought they look absolutely stunning at address. The best shaft for me ended up being the KBS Tour C-Taper in X-Stiff, with all irons being an inch longer than standard, going 1 degree weak on the loft and 1.5 degrees upright. Went with the Golf Pride MCC Align grips in midsize on all clubs, which feel awesome while holding the club, and just for sh*ts and giggles I had my fitter put grey ferrels with a dual red stripe on the bottom so they blend in with the shaft to give my clubs that custom look. Just wanted to share this info with the golfwrx community because honestly, I can't hide my excitement for this new set of stix!!

Did you hit the new P730s too by chance? Would love to hear your opinion on both.

Don't think so. Which speaks volumes to the griping customer base there is here. Callaway. At least make them a special order option in raw!!

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I hit the new x forged yesterday. Really nothing bad to say about them. Also didn’t really find them to be amazing in any category. If I could I would stick with the ‘13 x forged over them. Love the finish tho hopefully it holds up.

Were you able to hit the new MBs too?

they were there but I did not hit them since I am not considering them. Great looking iron tho.

Hit demo 7 irons of both MB and X Forged this morning. Both feel awesome and carry distance was similar with X Forged being 3-4 yards longer. The clincher for me was the X Forged spun at least 1,000 RPM more than the MB. Ordered X Forged with Recoil 110 F4.

[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9.0*[/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Callaway Rogue 15*[/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Callaway X Hot Pro 23* [/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Callaway Apex MB 5-PW[/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Bridgestone J15 50*, 54*, 58*[/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Taylormade Spider Tour Red[/color][/font]

Not a Callaway guy, but I saw the Apex MB's in person today and they're absolutely beautiful irons!!

If the raw finish is a real thing and is available, it's going to be really tough to decide between that and P730....

MP18's are also stunning to look at, will go hit them all when local clubshop gets 730's in their fitting cart.

Not a Callaway guy, but I saw the Apex MB's in person today and they're absolutely beautiful irons!!

If the raw finish is a real thing and is available, it's going to be really tough to decide between that and P730....

MP18's are also stunning to look at, will go hit them all when local clubshop gets 730's in their fitting cart.

I’m still waiting on my fitter to get both the Cally MBs and the P730’s. He already said that I will fall in love with them both. I cannot wait!