Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

I didn’t get the trackman info so I can add later. Club Champion was a modern version of D’Lance. I worked with Mitch and he was awesome through the whole process. He guided me through and let me hit what I wanted without trying to pigeon hole me into certain shafts or heads. My current set up was Titleist 716 TMB, CB, MB combo with C Taper parallels. I went in wanting to hit srixon 785’s and the Mizuno 919’s but was open to anything. We worked through some shafts and found the Nippon NS Pro 1050’s to be the clear winners. Other stuff was decent but these added 3-4 MPH ball speed took my spin down from 7000 to 5300 and added some yards to my carry. I hit through a bunch of heads including 785’s, P790’s, i210’s, PXG gen 1’s, and Mizuno 919 Forged (didn’t hit the tours because I’d probably like the, and I want to move away from any blade style). The two that stood out were the 785’s and PXG’s. The most disappointing was the 919 forged, didn’t feel that great and lost 3-4 mph ball speed.

This made my decision easy as I really wanted to like the 785’s, I also hit the U85 and the P790 driving irons. the U85 was a beast and I was really impressed with how it felt and how easy it was to hit.

Final set order was 3, 4 U85, 5-PW 785, and 50 54 60 in the Cleveland RTX4 in Tour Raw. All are shafted in Nippon NS Pro 1050S 1/2 inch long and 2 degrees upright.

While he was punching everything in, I pulled out my driver to see what the TrackMan Numbers looked like. My best ball got up to 117.6 club speed, 1.52 smash, and 179 ball speed with like a 335 carry. The fitter said he’s only seen a couple people get in to 170 ball speeds so I figured it would be a good thing to post on WRX.

Prices were what you’d expect from a place like this. Really depends what shafts you end up in. Mitch was really cool with trying to work towards shafts offered by the manufacturer which. If you’re going in, have an idea of what shafts are no upcharge with what manufacturer you’re interested in. I got close to the Nippon modus 130s which were no upcharge but the 1050’s were significantly better. If anyone goes over there, I’d highly recommend trying to get Mitch to do your fitting.

How do those RTX 4 feel? I think next season is new wedge season for me, and I've been really interested in what Cleveland's offered the past few generations. I think I'm going to go to a CBX in my 50 degree and then who knows what in the others. I also may pare my wedges down to two (50 and 56 or 58) and add a 5 wood since I can do most of the same things with my 55 and my 60....which isn't much anyway! And I'll probably ditch my 4 iron and drop a different hybrid in. But I guess it depends on how much I play in the U.K. to see how much money I have to toy with on club changes.

Played Walnut Creek Wednesday and they had a ranger out gettin after a group after 4 holes....finished in 4 hours.

Played Ute Creek today and watched a Marshall continually drive past groups without saying a word....we played 11 holes in 3 1/2 hours and called it quits.

Ute Creek is always ridiculously slow, especially on weekends, but today was brutal. I’ve played in amateur events that moved faster.

Woof.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick aside: Haven't met you in person, but I remember a while back you talking about skating (also, your avatar). I got back on my board for the first time in about 15 years this morning at Denver Skatepark. Took my daughter out (17 months) more just to let her watch people who actually know what they're doing. HOLY. MOLY. I was never great even when I did it regularly in my teens, but it is not like riding a bike. That muscle memory to feel comfortable on anything other than a flat surface is going to take a while to get back.

Had a great time, and my little girl had an absolute blast cruising around in my arms and standing on the board between my feet while watching other people, but I felt so incompetent out there.

Enjoy those GVR rounds you got!

100% this. And not even skill, but stamina. I remember when I was in high school, I'd spend all day at a skatepark on the weekends & summer. No joke, like 8+ hours at a skatepark. I couldn't get enough. Now-a-days, 30 year old me has a hard time after about 30 minutes. Get winded, short of breath, breathing heavy, sore legs. It's crazy.

Also, falling with an additional 50 pounds on your body makes you hit the ground a lot harder.

I didn’t get the trackman info so I can add later. Club Champion was a modern version of D’Lance. I worked with Mitch and he was awesome through the whole process.

I've worked with Mitch in the past and I agree. He was great! Super relaxed vibe in there. I've had people at D'Lance actually try and change my swing/give me pointers during a standard fitting. Mitch tried putting me into Nippon shafts as well, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I went in with Dynamic Gold Tour Issue shafts (some of the heaviest), and he wanted me in the Nippon 950's...which were just way too lightweight feeling. Going from 132g shafts to 98g shafts was pretty noticeable.

I can't remember, are Club Champion fittings similar to D'Lance in the sense they are "for life". Or if you wanted to get refitted at Club Champion a year or two down the line, would you have to pay for another fitting?

Man...I had the most frustrating morning on the golf course this morning. Had an 820 tee time at Murphy Creek this morning. When I left my house it was chilly but not wet. When I got to MC, it was foggy/drizzly. I was running a couple minutes late, and knew I wouldn’t have time for the range... but when I walked up to the starter at 810, I thought I had a few minutes to stretch and putt. Instead he said “you’re the fourth with the group on the tee, you’re up now.” 40 degrees, and wet, without even stretching. Hit the first tee ball, and felt like hitting a rock off the end of a bat in the winter... sent a shock up my hands. Got to the ball and topped my second shot.

I was done before even starting. Had my fabric shoes in the trunk, not the leather ones. So by the third hole, my shoes were saturated, and socks were wet. I was cold, damp, couldn’t ever get my back stretched out, and couldn’t shake the chills. I absolutely couldn’t turn through the ball. If it wasn’t on a tee, I just couldn’t make a swing. Didn’t keep a proper score, but I think it was around 52 or 53. After 9 holes, I called it a day and went home. Nothing’s worse than playing with someone who has a bad attitude. I wasn’t having the slightest bit of fun, and didn’t want to put my playing partners through watching me struggle to even make contact. I had no idea where the ball was going. Felt like I was going to miss the ball on a couple swings.

Im sitting on the couch looking out the window, and it looks like a beautiful afternoon. I wish I would’ve slept in and gone out now. I think it’s that time of year to stop getting early tee times, and start looking to go out late morning. Also need to be better about checking the weather and being prepared... being wet and cold on the course without the proper attire, is just miserable.

@Joelness

Hey Joel,

Sorry I got super busy at work and didn't get back to here for the Italy recommendations. Best I could do after pestering the significant other (who is our travel agent) for names of places to go was to get her blog posts about our Italy trip.

Blogs are located here, full disclosure/warning the blogs are in Chinese, but the town names are "usually" listed in English and I can get you specific about any things in there you find that might be interesting. Google translate does an okay job of getting these into somewhat understandable English.

http://blog.wenxueci...1804/27802.html

http://blog.wenxueci...1710/25072.html

Sorry for the delay. Hope you're enjoying your trip

No problem. I've been in Italy for the last month. Wife and I are talking about leaving Rome and heading to Venice on Thursday or Friday and we haven't been northeast of Florence yet anyway. We might check it out. Thanks!

I would also throw Meadow Hills and Wellshire into the mix.

Interestingly enough, I've never played either of those courses. Lol

I'm looking around, and Buffalo Run's is really cheap, and looks like they have some fun events.

The Broadland's would have me playing from the back tees out there, which is nearly 7300...don't know if I could swing that. I have a hard enough time at that course from 6700.

Plum Creek isn't too bad, and looks like they do a fun event in October versus Colorado National, Bear Dance, and Riverdale.

I didn't realize how many options there are!

Also, is there any unwritten rules in golf that you can't be in multiple men's leagues? Is that taboo or anything?

Nah. We had plenty of members that kept their GHIN (usually the requirement for the local men's league) at a different course so they could play both. P.S. CO National league is only for members

The first time we played there together I distinctly remember pushing a ball about that far over. It's apparently not as hard as anyone thinks! And weirdly, isn't that hole like the #2 handicap?

I was being quiet but I'm pretty sure I've hit it over there as well...

Hit it over there a TON. However now that there is OB I tend to end up on the left side which has BRUTAL rough.

Also, yes it's actually the #1 cap on the course. It's likely because it's 495 from the tips and the green complex is pretty tough. Over is dead. Personally I think 11 is harder as it has the toughest green on the course but it's a much easier hole tee to green.

Man...I had the most frustrating morning on the golf course this morning. Had an 820 tee time at Murphy Creek this morning. When I left my house it was chilly but not wet. When I got to MC, it was foggy/drizzly. I was running a couple minutes late, and knew I wouldn’t have time for the range... but when I walked up to the starter at 810, I thought I had a few minutes to stretch and putt. Instead he said “you’re the fourth with the group on the tee, you’re up now.” 40 degrees, and wet, without even stretching. Hit the first tee ball, and felt like hitting a rock off the end of a bat in the winter... sent a shock up my hands. Got to the ball and topped my second shot.

I was done before even starting. Had my fabric shoes in the trunk, not the leather ones. So by the third hole, my shoes were saturated, and socks were wet. I was cold, damp, couldn’t ever get my back stretched out, and couldn’t shake the chills. I absolutely couldn’t turn through the ball. If it wasn’t on a tee, I just couldn’t make a swing. Didn’t keep a proper score, but I think it was around 52 or 53. After 9 holes, I called it a day and went home. Nothing’s worse than playing with someone who has a bad attitude. I wasn’t having the slightest bit of fun, and didn’t want to put my playing partners through watching me struggle to even make contact. I had no idea where the ball was going. Felt like I was going to miss the ball on a couple swings.

Im sitting on the couch looking out the window, and it looks like a beautiful afternoon. I wish I would’ve slept in and gone out now. I think it’s that time of year to stop getting early tee times, and start looking to go out late morning. Also need to be better about checking the weather and being prepared... being wet and cold on the course without the proper attire, is just miserable.

2nd this for doing ANYTHING. It's always my big shpeal for first-time skiers or anyone looking for outdoor attire. Buy good s*** and make it last. You'll thank yourself for it.

Those cold mornings are rough man. Sometimes even my favorite things in life just suck, lol.

Have some rounds left if anyone is interested in them. We simply bought too many and my schedule got kind of crazy lately so I haven't been able to use them.

The Ridge at Castle Pines, 3 rounds with cart and range left on a punch card. No restrictions except you can't book more than 7 days out - $165 ($55 per round)

GVR, 2 passes with no restrictions

- $55 includes green fee, cart, range and lunch (brat/dog, chips, beer/soda)

- $45 includes green fee, cart and range

I also have friends that have more $55 GVR passes

Let me know if anyone is interested. Cheers!

Are the GVR rounds digital or on a card of some sort?

Quick aside: Haven't met you in person, but I remember a while back you talking about skating (also, your avatar). I got back on my board for the first time in about 15 years this morning at Denver Skatepark. Took my daughter out (17 months) more just to let her watch people who actually know what they're doing. HOLY. MOLY. I was never great even when I did it regularly in my teens, but it is not like riding a bike. That muscle memory to feel comfortable on anything other than a flat surface is going to take a while to get back.

Had a great time, and my little girl had an absolute blast cruising around in my arms and standing on the board between my feet while watching other people, but I felt so incompetent out there.

Yeah, I can remember watching way too many people think it WAS like riding a bike, only to take a spill and break a wrist or turn an ankle really bad. I skated professionally from 93-99 back east living just outside of DC (got to travel the world on someone else's nickel which was pretty cool). I work downtown at 16th and Broadway and pass the 20th st park almost every day and I live about a half mile from the Erie skate park up north. Like you, about 30 minutes is all I have in me at any given time and I just found out this year that all those years of twisting and impact have bought me some early on set arthritis in my lower back. Looking at how far it's come, I'm thankful I got out when I did. The stuff kids are doing these days is really incredible. Actually, a couple years after my family and I moved out here in 2006, I found out another guy that was a pro skater the same era as me, Joey Bast, was the asst. pro down at Blackstone and I got to play a bunch with him down there before he moved to AZ a couple years ago.

If you score the other GVR rounds and want to reach out, maybe we could get out together. I got the two and have a buddy who's not on here but a pretty good stick ~5.

Brian, I thought the wedges felt great, shape was good, but most importantly the fours have very little offset. I can’t stand a strong offset club so they look great to my eye. Everything feels similar to the vokeys I’ve been playing. If you like more offset, these will look off to you. I’ve been playing vokeys for a while and wanted to change things up as well.

Jacob, you pay each time you go do a new fitting. They will do touch ups, loft and lie for no charge and there is a “guarantee” on the set up you build where they will make sure you like what you end up for whatever that’s worth. I never went back to d’lance for the lifetime stuff so I’m not exactly sure how that all goes. I paid 100 at CC and around 300 at D’Lance if I remember right.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Brian, I thought the wedges felt great, shape was good, but most importantly the fours have very little offset. I can't stand a strong offset club so they look great to my eye. Everything feels similar to the vokeys I've been playing. If you like more offset, these will look off to you. I've been playing vokeys for a while and wanted to change things up as well.

Jacob, you pay each time you go do a new fitting. They will do touch ups, loft and lie for no charge and there is a "guarantee" on the set up you build where they will make sure you like what you end up for whatever that's worth. I never went back to d'lance for the lifetime stuff so I'm not exactly sure how that all goes. I paid 100 at CC and around 300 at D'Lance if I remember right.

My Mizunos now don't have much, if any offset. I actually hit the CBX in a 52 today and liked it. Didn't get to hit the comparable RTX4 because the baby wanted to stand in front of me when I was in the bay. I was more than fine with keeping her happy though. We'll see if I change anything up. At the end of the day, it costs money and I'd prefer to play more.

Thanks for the info though! How do you think the raw finish will look in a few months?

Have some rounds left if anyone is interested in them. We simply bought too many and my schedule got kind of crazy lately so I haven't been able to use them.

The Ridge at Castle Pines, 3 rounds with cart and range left on a punch card. No restrictions except you can't book more than 7 days out - $165 ($55 per round)

GVR, 2 passes with no restrictions

- $55 includes green fee, cart, range and lunch (brat/dog, chips, beer/soda)

- $45 includes green fee, cart and range

I also have friends that have more $55 GVR passes

Let me know if anyone is interested. Cheers!

Are the GVR rounds digital or on a card of some sort?

Yeah, I can remember watching way too many people think it WAS like riding a bike, only to take a spill and break a wrist or turn an ankle really bad. I skated professionally from 93-99 back east living just outside of DC (got to travel the world on someone else's nickel which was pretty cool). I work downtown at 16th and Broadway and pass the 20th st park almost every day and I live about a half mile from the Erie skate park up north. Like you, about 30 minutes is all I have in me at any given time and I just found out this year that all those years of twisting and impact have bought me some early on set arthritis in my lower back. Looking at how far it's come, I'm thankful I got out when I did. The stuff kids are doing these days is really incredible. Actually, a couple years after my family and I moved out here in 2006, I found out another guy that was a pro skater the same era as me, Joey Bast, was the asst. pro down at Blackstone and I got to play a bunch with him down there before he moved to AZ a couple years ago.

If you score the other GVR rounds and want to reach out, maybe we could get out together. I got the two and have a buddy who's not on here but a pretty good stick ~5.

I'll be sure to reach out if I get any. I'm playing at about a 9 right now, but I'm way more interested in having fun these days. It's pretty freeing to just take what you get and enjoy being out there, but also super fun to play with really good players. That's why I dig the rest of the group here!

My buddy convinced me to sneak out for 18 at Commonground in the midst of a move to a new apartment on Saturday. Why my girlfriend let me go, I have no idea, but she won major points!

We teed off at 3 and decided to play from the Colorado Mid-am tees - the course looks and plays way different from the tips.

Shot a relatively tidy 84 and snuck in a downhill slider birdie on 18 in the dark. One of those putts that keeps you coming back for more :D

Titleist 910D2 - 9.5* driver
Titleist 909 F3 - 3 wood (Adam Scott threw it out and now it's in my bag)
Titleist 910H - 21* hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 14's - 4-W
Vokey SM6 - 52* | 56* | 60* wedges
Ping Anser "Karsten Co" putter

The Eisenhower Golf Course at the Air Force Academy was a real treat. The Silver course, while not long, is full of risk/reward options off the tee; you can take an iron off the tee all day, but, if you trust your driver, you can get really close to the green for an easier birdie. All of the dogleg rights on the first 10 holes made me twitch. The greens were insane and incredibly difficult to read--though, surprisingly, no one in our group 4-putted. While people said that everything always breaks away from the mountain, it didn't seem to hold true as often as it should have. That said, I did drain a 60-footer on #9; I thought I pulled my putt something awful, but it somehow broke uphill and into the hole.

I shot a 40-43 with three three-putts and two lost ball penalties.

If you ever have the opportunity to play these courses, I highly recommend that you jump on it.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Brian, I thought the wedges felt great, shape was good, but most importantly the fours have very little offset. I can't stand a strong offset club so they look great to my eye. Everything feels similar to the vokeys I've been playing. If you like more offset, these will look off to you. I've been playing vokeys for a while and wanted to change things up as well.

Jacob, you pay each time you go do a new fitting. They will do touch ups, loft and lie for no charge and there is a "guarantee" on the set up you build where they will make sure you like what you end up for whatever that's worth. I never went back to d'lance for the lifetime stuff so I'm not exactly sure how that all goes. I paid 100 at CC and around 300 at D'Lance if I remember right.

My Mizunos now don't have much, if any offset. I actually hit the CBX in a 52 today and liked it. Didn't get to hit the comparable RTX4 because the baby wanted to stand in front of me when I was in the bay. I was more than fine with keeping her happy though. We'll see if I change anything up. At the end of the day, it costs money and I'd prefer to play more.

Thanks for the info though! How do you think the raw finish will look in a few months?

I find that it's hard to get the raw clubs to rust good in the dry air out here. I usually will just play them for a while and if I get bored, I'll put them in a saltwater mix over night a few times to speed up the process.

I find that it's hard to get the raw clubs to rust good in the dry air out here. I usually will just play them for a while and if I get bored, I'll put them in a saltwater mix over night a few times to speed up the process.

Watch the BST because there seem to be a ton of sets of these on there for really cheap. If you're flexible on shafts there was a set of three for 300 or a set of 2 for 150. 75 per wedge for a basically brand new club isn't bad at all.

Skip over this post if fitting information is boring to you...

My current gamers are Titleist 716CB with KBS C-Taper Xflex. Here is the baseline. I was fit for these so they were pretty good but spin was the biggest issue here. The other issue according to the fitter was that they unnecessarily used parallel shafts instead of tapers which made the shaft going in to the head more complicated than it needed to be (explains why I keep breaking heads off).

Srixons were the main head I was interested so we fit shaft off that head and then messed with heads once we found the shaft.

The Nippon1050's had big jumps in ball speed, had great smash factor, chopped the spin nicely, and felt fantastic. The miss hits were also really good here. I normally hit a fade so the misses tended to be straighter and a little lower but overall really playable. I wanted to get fit to the Nippon Modus but the misses were so much worse with them. Lost a ton of ball speed and were all over the map. Clear winners were the 1050s.

I felt like I couldn't get this Mizuno's to go anywhere. Club speed and ball speed both sucked for me here. Also, didn't like the feel especially for a mizuno. I didn't let myself hit the Tours because I have no business hitting bladeish clubs anymore.

Finally I hit the PXG Gen 1's which I have to admit felt and looked really good. I vowed to never hit or buy PXG. Mitch likes the Gen 1's because their price has dropped and according to Club Champion, there is literally no difference between Gen 1 and 2. Numbers were also really good here. I wanted to move on before I got attached.

Thanks for reading and let me know if this doesn't make sense.

My current gamers are Titleist 716CB with KBS C-Taper Xflex. Here is the baseline. I was fit for these so they were pretty good but spin was the biggest issue here. The other issue according to the fitter was that they unnecessarily used parallel shafts instead of tapers which made the shaft going in to the head more complicated than it needed to be (explains why I keep breaking heads off).

Srixons were the main head I was interested so we fit shaft off that head and then messed with heads once we found the shaft.

The Nippon1050's had big jumps in ball speed, had great smash factor, chopped the spin nicely, and felt fantastic. The miss hits were also really good here. I normally hit a fade so the misses tended to be straighter and a little lower but overall really playable. I wanted to get fit to the Nippon Modus but the misses were so much worse with them. Lost a ton of ball speed and were all over the map. Clear winners were the 1050s.

I felt like I couldn't get this Mizuno's to go anywhere. Club speed and ball speed both sucked for me here. Also, didn't like the feel especially for a mizuno. I didn't let myself hit the Tours because I have no business hitting bladeish clubs anymore.

Finally I hit the PXG Gen 1's which I have to admit felt and looked really good. I vowed to never hit or buy PXG. Mitch likes the Gen 1's because their price has dropped and according to Club Champion, there is literally no difference between Gen 1 and 2. Numbers were also really good here. I wanted to move on before I got attached.

Your 6i club head speed is almost the same as mine is with Driver. Lol at me.

LOL I agree... feel like I need to work out. :o

Great numbers. Similar with the new Mizzy tours. FELT awesome but just did not get numbers out of them, Current set was better, plus as you note......blades. That's more Ivtrain realm.

I called today to talk to Mitch about setting up a similar fitting at CC in 3 weeks after the kids fall break is over (he was tied up). Figure it gives me time to practice a bit too so know I am swinging right going in.

Thinking 4-5 in 585's and 6-W in 785's.....

Edit: You get better numbers with the U85's I assume then the 585's... or just easier to hit then 585's??

Great numbers. Similar with the new Mizzy tours. FELT awesome but just did not get numbers out of them, Current set was better, plus as you note......blades. That's more Ivtrain realm.

I called today to talk to Mitch about setting up a similar fitting at CC in 3 weeks after the kids fall break is over (he was tied up). Figure it gives me time to practice a bit too so know I am swinging right going in.

Edit: You get better numbers with the U85's I assume then the 585's... or just easier to hit then 585's??

I like forgiveness up top because I hit a lot of long irons off the tee. I was worried u85 would be to offset but it looked fine, and again, felt AMAZING. I was only planning on looking at the 585s if I didn’t like U85. 585’s looked cheap to me do I wasn’t looking to like them.

I think that golf would be quite difficult if I could carry a 6 iron 225+, pretty sure I would have to carry 7 or 8 wedges

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

The Eisenhower Golf Course at the Air Force Academy was a real treat. The Silver course, while not long, is full of risk/reward options off the tee; you can take an iron off the tee all day, but, if you trust your driver, you can get really close to the green for an easier birdie. All of the dogleg rights on the first 10 holes made me twitch. The greens were insane and incredibly difficult to read--though, surprisingly, no one in our group 4-putted. While people said that everything always breaks away from the mountain, it didn't seem to hold true as often as it should have. That said, I did drain a 60-footer on #9; I thought I pulled my putt something awful, but it somehow broke uphill and into the hole.

If you ever have the opportunity to play these courses, I highly recommend that you jump on it.

Glad you had the chance to play there. It really is a great course and the Blue is every bit as much fun.

drn92

I randomly played a Titleist Tour Soft for my match on Sunday and am still thinking about how much I liked that ball. In reading the marketing stuff about it, it does make sense. Swing speed under 100mph? check. Prefer soft feel around the greens? check. Available in an obnoxious bright yellow? check

I was surprised it is only a 2 piece ball because it was spinning quite a bit on my approach shots. But I absolutely loved the feeling of it. I will say it was maybe a few yards shorter off the driver, but if it remains in play then who cares. For an anti Pro V1 guy, I was not expecting to like it so much. Good thing they make more than one product line of balls I guess.

I randomly played a Titleist Tour Soft for my match on Sunday and am still thinking about how much I liked that ball. In reading the marketing stuff about it, it does make sense. Swing speed under 100mph? check. Prefer soft feel around the greens? check. Available in an obnoxious bright yellow? check

I was surprised it is only a 2 piece ball because it was spinning quite a bit on my approach shots. But I absolutely loved the feeling of it. I will say it was maybe a few yards shorter off the driver, but if it remains in play then who cares. For an anti Pro V1 guy, I was not expecting to like it so much. Good thing they make more than one product line of balls I guess.

That ball is the new version of Titleist's discount prov as it replaces both the NXT Tour and NXT Tour S with a softer compression than both of those of about 60. Reviews have it spinning similar to urethane balls except on less than full shots. You might want to look at Srixon Q Star Tours too as they are also targeted at under 100 mph swings, are really soft and have a urethane cover and should spin more than the Titleist Tour Soft on your shorter clubs and chips.

That ball is the new version of Titleist's discount prov as it replaces both the NXT Tour and NXT Tour S with a softer compression than both of those of about 60. Reviews have it spinning similar to urethane balls except on less than full shots. You might want to look at Srixon Q Star Tours too as they are also targeted at under 100 mph swings, are really soft and have a urethane cover and should spin more than the Titleist Tour Soft on your shorter clubs and chips.

I played a couple NXT Tours a while back and really liked them. I'd play the ProV1X, but they're too much money. And I'm super happy with my Vice Pro Plus, though I may give the standard Pro a look since I always seem to enjoy the regular ProV1 and how firm it is.

Funny I was thinking about going back to blades as the JPX tours don't really offer much in terms of forgiveness over blades. The only reason I like players irons over anything else, is the less offset and higher lofts. Though I wish sets would still make their PW 48*. 46* really messes with wedge gaps, not to mention the 5* gaps between pw, 9, and 8 irons at times and then same set will only be 3*, sometimes 2*, difference from 3 to 4 iron. Makes no sense to me.

[geek alert]

The Denver Museum of Nature and Science will be showing Jurassic Park in IMAX 3D this and next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

I took my daughter to see Interstellar in IMAX 2D the other weekend. It was phenomenal.

That is all.

[/geek alert]

Playing South Suburban on Thursday, then I'm probably done with my mid-week beer league. I have 4-5 people from my beer league interested in the $52.80 deal at the Ridge on 10/28. Anyone here interested in trying to snag a few noon-ish tee times?

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

I used to play the Srixon trispeed tour years ago and like them. I think the W/S Duo Urethane are a decent option at this price point.

Funny I was thinking about going back to blades as the JPX tours don't really offer much in terms of forgiveness over blades. The only reason I like players irons over anything else, is the less offset and higher lofts. Though I wish sets would still make their PW 48*. 46* really messes with wedge gaps, not to mention the 5* gaps between pw, 9, and 8 irons at times and then same set will only be 3*, sometimes 2*, difference from 3 to 4 iron. Makes no sense to me.

The loft change between irons on the top end drives me nuts today. I recall when everything was 4 degree spacing between irons..

My current apex pros are 4 degrees Wedge through 6 iron and then go to 3 degrees on the 5 through 3 iron. Which has always been a reason I don't like my 4 iron. There is only 6 degrees of change from 6 iron to 4 iron. (24~30) I tested it vs my old irons and the 4 is a full half club shorter. Equal strike to equal strike.

Edit: Makes me think what Krush did is a smart idea on changing the top end out on a new iron sets.OR get the irons bent so there is 4 degrees between.. *I know its pushing it though with 2 degrees loft adjustment as most OEM's say that is max they can do........

AMEN, the blue course is one of my favorites in the state. I personally don't like the silver very much. I like the green complexes which are insane but tee to green it just doesn't fit my eye at all.

The loft change between irons on the top end drives me nuts today. I recall when everything was 4 degree spacing between irons..

My current apex pros are 4 degrees Wedge through 6 iron and then go to 3 degrees on the 5 through 3 iron. Which has always been a reason I don't like my 4 iron. There is only 6 degrees of change from 6 iron to 4 iron. (24~30) I tested it vs my old irons and the 4 is a full half club shorter. Equal strike to equal strike.

Edit: Makes me think what Krush did is a smart idea on changing the top end out on a new iron sets.OR get the irons bent so there is 4 degrees between.. *I know its pushing it though with 2 degrees loft adjustment as most OEM's say that is max they can do........

OMG all three of these quotes are exactly what has lead me to my current setup. I ended up tossing the 4i a few years ago and bending the rest of the set to have better gapping. This allowed me to throw a 2i or 2h between my 3i and 3w which was a 40-50 yard gap. I did it maybe 5 years ago. Also, I still play blades....... The next set will be a CB combo or something like 4-6 in AP2 style with blades after. These are my current thoughts but I haven't figured anything out.

Thoughts? Krushh? Irv?