New Mysterious PING Iron that looks like iBlade/G700 Combo

Looks like the guess of a May arrival after supposedly missing the same Date as the G700 is gone. All the reps. have seen photos but are not sharing them with buyers, and no mention of anything new in recent meetings. Maybe fall or not at all.. If May buyers would have seen a prototype by now.

I've never seen a May date for the i500. i200 is due to be replaced this fa/late summer, and that's where I've always heard them to be released.

Any more info out there on an I200 replacement? Isn't it only a year old?

[size=1][b]Driver[/b] Titleist 915D3 8.5* Veylix Rome Roughneck S, tipped 1''
[b]Spoon[/b] [/size][size=1]Cobra King LTD 13.5* UST Mamiya Chrome Elements S[/size]
[size=1][b]Hybrid[/b] Adams A2ts Aldila Voodoo SNV8 S
[b]Irons[/b] Epon AF-Tour 5 - PW KBS C-taper S
[b]GW[/b] Titleist SM6 52* K-grind
[b]SW[/b] Titleist SM6 oil can 58* V-grind
[b]Putter[/b] Scotty Cameron Phantom Futura[/size]

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm betting they release a stealth version.

I'm leaning towards this, or at least implementing the new 8620 carbon construction that has been working well with the Glide Stealths. Black irons wear...a lot. Ping guys expect their stuff to be bullet proof, so I wouldn't be surprised if they skip the black finish, despite how good they claim it is. One sandy range ball session and those will like poo in no time.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

I just saw that they cut the price on the i200. Isn't that usually an indicator that something new is coming soon in that line?

I assume you can still custom order? This might be my excuse to jump all over a set of those since I've been riding the fence on it for a while anyway. That's a great price for that set.

I just saw that they cut the price on the i200. Isn't that usually an indicator that something new is coming soon in that line?

I assume you can still custom order? This might be my excuse to jump all over a set of those since I've been riding the fence on it for a while anyway. That's a great price for that set.

Should still be able to. I was thinking about ordering the matching 3 & 4 irons for my set. The i200 long irons are rocket launchers!

Titleist TSi3 10° - Diamana R Series 60

Cobra Rad 14.5° - Diamana BlueForce 70

Cobra F9 18.5° - Diamana BlueForce 80
Taylormade P790 (4-9) - Nippon Modus 105
Vokey 46F 50F 54S 58T - Nippon Modus 115
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2 

I'm betting they release a stealth version.

I'm leaning towards this, or at least implementing the new 8620 carbon construction that has been working well with the Glide Stealths. Black irons wear...a lot. Ping guys expect their stuff to be bullet proof, so I wouldn't be surprised if they skip the black finish, despite how good they claim it is. One sandy range ball session and those will like poo in no time.

LMFAO have you seen the finish on the g700? Bulletproof finishes for ping are no more sir.

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

Looks like the guess of a May arrival after supposedly missing the same Date as the G700 is gone. All the reps. have seen photos but are not sharing them with buyers, and no mention of anything new in recent meetings. Maybe fall or not at all.. If May buyers would have seen a prototype by now.

I've never seen a May date for the i500. i200 is due to be replaced this fa/late summer, and that's where I've always heard them to be released.

The original release date was same as the G700 in March, which was part of the reason the photo was taken before they got them all recalled when they realized they weren't going to make March. May was a guess by some that equated it to the G400 line that was delayed over a month from original date except for 2 drivers.. Now late summer early fall (if then even) is the new guess. They may figure they missed the competition boat against the P790 that has cooled off..Sell very few off the rack after last falls excitement. Mostly just custom orders now.. My understanding is the i500 has more offset than the iBlade or i200, but less than the G700...which for me makes them DOA.. Come on S54!

From the rumblings i've heard is we'll see the i500 which is slimmed down version of the G700. We'll an i200 update as well. Possibly an update on iblade as well. Haven't herd for sure on that one yet. I do think it would be cool if they went back to S series and do S54. I imagine we'll see product in store august/september.

Ping G410 LST 9* PX HC T1100 EvenFlow 75 6.5

Callaway Mini 1.5 10* PX HC T1100 Hzrdus 85 6.5
Ping G410 LST 14.5* PX HC T1100 EvenFlow 85 6.5

Ping G425 16.5* PX HC Hzrdus Black 95 6.5
Ping G410 17* PX EvenFlow White 100 6.5
Ping G425 XR 2i PX EvenFlow White 100 6.5
Ping I210 4-Pw Fujikura MCI 120 X
Ping Glide 50 SS, 54 WS, 58 WS Fujikura MCI Wedge Mild

Ping Eye 2 XG LW Recoil Proto Spin
Ping Redwood Anser TR 1.5

Should still be able to. I was thinking about ordering the matching 3 & 4 irons for my set. The i200 long irons are rocket launchers!

If anybody finds out for sure, post here. I contacted 2ndSwing today and they said their price is still $875. Golf Galaxy still shows it too. Only place I've seen the reduced price is Worldwide/Edwin Watts.

While I really like the idea of the i500, I'm glad I've hung onto my s56's. Now if the s54 has the forgiveness around the i-200/iBlade and the performance of the S series, consider me officially tuned-in.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

If anybody finds out for sure, post here. I contacted 2ndSwing today and they said their price is still $875. Golf Galaxy still shows it too. Only place I've seen the reduced price is Worldwide/Edwin Watts.

TGW, and you can still customize the irons.

The i200 and iBlade are already a bunch of forgiveness in a sleek package, so I'm curious to see how much more they can actually improve on that.

I don't understand why they haven't made an MB? They've made S55 and iBlade which are MB size. Just fill in the cavity with all that tech inside and make it look like a straight muscle blade.

I don't want an 0311 like iron from PING. I want them to make a blade that looks like a Titleist MB but with PING tech. How awesome would that be? Instead, we'll probably just get a progressive i set with thick soles in the long irons and lots of bounce...

That being said, I'm well aware that an 0311 type iron would sell better, but I'm incredibly selfish and don't care about what everyone else wants. Powdered Toast Man isn't a hero that seeks the greater good/doesn't have particularly good judgment.

PING, please read this mans plea and make it happen!! Also please use the finish that was on the S55's. Please and thank you.

Any idea of when this could be going to market? I've heard rumors of around August but I don't know if I can wait till then!

Stealth 2 Plus 8* - OG HZRDUS Black 6.5 65g

Stealth 2 Plus 14* - HZRDUS Smoke Blue 6.5 75g

Apex UW 19* - Kai'li White 90TX

ZX7 MkII 4i, Z-Forged MkII 5-9i - X100 TI

RTX 6 Raw 46º 52º 56º 60º S400 TI

Spider X | Z-Star Diamond

While I really like the idea of the i500, I'm glad I've hung onto my s56's. Now if the s54 has the forgiveness around the i-200/iBlade and the performance of the S series, consider me officially tuned-in.

The S54 is dead. The S54 name was trademarked and granted a trademark in 2014 but it was never registered.

"On Tuesday, April 29, 2014, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for S54 by Karsten Manufacturing Corporation, Phoenix, AZ 85029. The USPTO has given the S54 trademark serial number of 86265521. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED. The correspondent listed for S54 is Paul A. Jenny of KARSTEN MANUFACTURING CORPORATION, 2201 West Desert Cove, Legal Department Phoenix, AZ, 85029 . The S54 trademark is filed in the category of Toys and Sporting Goods Products . The description provided to the USPTO for S54 is Golf clubs; Head covers for golf clubs."

As much as a lot of people want to see the S line back. I don't believe it will be any time soon, if ever.

My Current WITB:

Ping G400 LST - Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.5

Ping G - 5 & 7 Wood - Project X EvenFlow Blue 6.5

Cobra Amp Cell - 4 Iron – Project X EvenFlow White 6.5

Ping i200 5-PW – KBS Tour

Ping Glide 4.0 Stealth 50,54,58 – TT Dynamic Gold

Cobra Vintage Stingray-40 

Link to trademark list: http://pinggolf-blob.ping.com/pinggolf/uploadedfiles/legal/ping_trademark_list.pdf

I500 is trademarked and looks like it’s a real thing. I would expect them to come out in the late summer early fall just like iblade did. I’m seriously guessing though so.....

Trademark research???! Ok...Someone has a little too much time on their hands.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

The S54 is dead. The S54 name was trademarked and granted a trademark in 2014 but it was never registered.

"On Tuesday, April 29, 2014, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for S54 by Karsten Manufacturing Corporation, Phoenix, AZ 85029. The USPTO has given the S54 trademark serial number of 86265521. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED. The correspondent listed for S54 is Paul A. Jenny of KARSTEN MANUFACTURING CORPORATION, 2201 West Desert Cove, Legal Department Phoenix, AZ, 85029 . The S54 trademark is filed in the category of Toys and Sporting Goods Products . The description provided to the USPTO for S54 is Golf clubs; Head covers for golf clubs."

As much as a lot of people want to see the S line back. I don't believe it will be any time soon, if ever.

Well, that sure is depressing. May have to keep stowing away any good condition S55s I find out in the wild. For shame.

Well, that sure is depressing. May have to keep stowing away any good condition S55s I find out in the wild. For shame.

Lots of inventory to be had. Golf Mart in South San Fran had at least 10 sets out on sale by the hitting bays.

Ping G425 MAX w/Kioshi White 6S
TM Sim Rocket 3W w/AD DI8

Ping G425 Hybrid w/AD DI9
Ping Blueprint 4-9 w/SF110S
TM MG3 50, 56TW, 60TW w/MMT125
Ping PLD3
Pro v1

• 3 weeks later...

Any new info on these? I called Ping and told me to keep my eyes cleared for a late June.

Titleist TSI3 Fuji Ventus Blue TR 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* Fuji Ventus Blue TR 7X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 85x 

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1x

Of more interest to me is S54 is on the list so hopefully a return to an S style design

I agree, I'm not sure the iblades were really a big upgrade over the s55. They had more updated lofts with 3.5 gaps in the long irons, that was really the main difference. s55 looked great and was just really durable. If PING releases an S54 I would be all over those.

I noticed they had a few staffers who clung to their S55s and never bagged the iblade.

Many top players pro and am still play the s55. Im lucky I’ve found my iron set for years z945. S54 would get a glance though. The S line is a gold standard in playable low offset, consistent irons that last forever

this is killing me. i love my i200s and have been debating buying a second set (i travel alot and could use a backup set for my 2nd location) and was about to pull the trigger given the recent price drop (100 a club)...

to wait or not to wait that is the question

Don't wait. Stuff now is really good. I doubt you would notice a performance difference

this is killing me. i love my i200s and have been debating buying a second set (i travel alot and could use a backup set for my 2nd location) and was about to pull the trigger given the recent price drop (100 a club)...

Don't wait. Stuff now is really good. I doubt you would notice a performance difference

Must wait. When they come out, the current stuff will still be cheap.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Must wait. When they come out, the current stuff will still be cheap.

Thats exactly what im thinking. even though the s55 irons didnt drop too much when the i200´s released... how much lower could the i200s go? they are already at around $100 a club