Morning Drive...What Happened?

DRRicks

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"Big Cat 3" said:

> > Part of the problem with the show is the ex tour guys they put on. Do we really care about what the skunk looking guy or Tripp what’s his name, the goose killer have to say. And really Trevor Immelmann you should not be washed up already. Btw, his brother is a solid broadcaster.

>

>

> RDD is the best guy on there ... and I’m sure he’s heard the skunk joke before. He has a head full of hair. I’m sure many guys who’ve told that joke would trade places with him in a second if it meant they had hair on their heads.

I used to not like RDD. As time has gone by, he is definitely the best one on the show. I loathe Paige, Cara, and Charlie.

I really don't care what Paige's perspective is on the PGA Tour. Most of the time she is wrong and I honestly don't care what her perspective is. Bring her in to talk about LPGA and then send her on her merry little way.

I have a difficult time understanding Cara. When she opens her mouth I her Blah, Blah, Blah. I don't care to look at her either. She is definitely a double bagger.

I am tired of Charlie's shtick. He is too over the top and needs to back down on the caffeine most mornings.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

> @heavy_hitter said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @"Big Cat 3" said:

> > > Part of the problem with the show is the ex tour guys they put on. Do we really care about what the skunk looking guy or Tripp what’s his name, the goose killer have to say. And really Trevor Immelmann you should not be washed up already. Btw, his brother is a solid broadcaster.

> >

> >

> > RDD is the best guy on there ... and I’m sure he’s heard the skunk joke before. He has a head full of hair. I’m sure many guys who’ve told that joke would trade places with him in a second if it meant they had hair on their heads.

>

> I used to not like RDD. As time has gone by, he is definitely the best one on the show. I loathe Paige, Cara, and Charlie.

>

> I really don't care what Paige's perspective is on the PGA Tour. Most of the time she is wrong and I honestly don't care what her perspective is. Bring her in to talk about LPGA and then send her on her merry little way.

>

> I have a difficult time understanding Cara. When she opens her mouth I her Blah, Blah, Blah. I don't care to look at her either. She is definitely a double bagger.

>

> I am tired of Charlie's shtick. He is too over the top and needs to back down on the caffeine most mornings.

Charlie’s been gone for quite a while now.

• Like 1

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > @heavy_hitter said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @"Big Cat 3" said:

> > > > Part of the problem with the show is the ex tour guys they put on. Do we really care about what the skunk looking guy or Tripp what’s his name, the goose killer have to say. And really Trevor Immelmann you should not be washed up already. Btw, his brother is a solid broadcaster.

> > >

> > >

> > > RDD is the best guy on there ... and I’m sure he’s heard the skunk joke before. He has a head full of hair. I’m sure many guys who’ve told that joke would trade places with him in a second if it meant they had hair on their heads.

> >

> > I used to not like RDD. As time has gone by, he is definitely the best one on the show. I loathe Paige, Cara, and Charlie.

> >

> > I really don't care what Paige's perspective is on the PGA Tour. Most of the time she is wrong and I honestly don't care what her perspective is. Bring her in to talk about LPGA and then send her on her merry little way.

> >

> > I have a difficult time understanding Cara. When she opens her mouth I her Blah, Blah, Blah. I don't care to look at her either. She is definitely a double bagger.

> >

> > I am tired of Charlie's shtick. He is too over the top and needs to back down on the caffeine most mornings.

>

> Charlie’s been gone for quite a while now.

>

Shows you how much I pay attention anymore.

I am not a fan of Matt Ginella either. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way.

Matt Adams should stick to radio and interviews. I don't enjoy watching him.

I really like the new guy they brought in from the WWE.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

> @Bad9 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @golfandfishing said:

> > > > @Dustin_J said:

> > > > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > > > @golfandfishing said:

> > > > > > I don’t know his name - big guy, bald, goatee.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think they call him Coach. I thought I read something about him being formerly involved in long drive or something. He might be pretty knowledgeable, I don’t know, but up to this point I haven’t really seen that he’s added much to the show.

> > > > >

> > > > Yep, [Jonathon Coachman](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Coachman "Jonathon Coachman"). Made his bones as a WWE announcer/interviewer.

> > >

> > >

> > > LOL - is this for real?

> > >

> >

> >

> > Is a wwe interview real ? I mean come on. We can all smell what the rock is cooking. But didn’t we know that before they interviewed him ?

> >

>

> Lauren Thompson started her career as a TNA backstage interviewer/eye candy.

And thus she is preferred to the guy with a square on his face.

Honest answer. She is quite good at her job as well in my opinion. I question whether or not he can beat Damon Hack on the course. And I’m sure Lauren can beat both.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Bad9 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @golfandfishing said:

> > > > > @Dustin_J said:

> > > > > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > > > > @golfandfishing said:

> > > > > > > I don’t know his name - big guy, bald, goatee.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think they call him Coach. I thought I read something about him being formerly involved in long drive or something. He might be pretty knowledgeable, I don’t know, but up to this point I haven’t really seen that he’s added much to the show.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Yep, [Jonathon Coachman](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Coachman "Jonathon Coachman"). Made his bones as a WWE announcer/interviewer.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > LOL - is this for real?

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Is a wwe interview real ? I mean come on. We can all smell what the rock is cooking. But didn’t we know that before they interviewed him ?

> > >

> >

> > Lauren Thompson started her career as a TNA backstage interviewer/eye candy.

>

> And thus she is preferred to the guy with a square on his face.

>

> Honest answer. She is quite good at her job as well in my opinion. I question whether or not he can beat Damon Hack on the course. And I’m sure Lauren can beat both.

I always thought Lauren would have been an interesting case for a Haney Project type show.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

RDD, going out on that ledge during the WGC Dell MP event, said and I quote "Tiger Woods, the second greatest golfer of all time".. His fellow colleague "Oh you're going there!?"... Same collegue immediately asked the network to "Please save us from ourselves.."

:D

RDD, seriously though.. You're a middle aged man who is dying his "willows wisp".....

![](https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Tx_64jaQ--/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_center,h_900,q_80,w_1600/zn0gfl0f2gxa3ujhkken.png "")

Titleist....

> @dropkicked said:

> RDD, going out on that ledge during the WGC Dell MP event, said and I quote "Tiger Woods, the second greatest golfer of all time".. His fellow colleague "Oh you're going there!?"... Same collegue immediately asked the network to "Please save us from ourselves.."

> :D

>

> RDD, seriously though.. You're a middle aged man who is dying his "willows wisp".....

> ![](https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Tx_64jaQ--/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_center,h_900,q_80,w_1600/zn0gfl0f2gxa3ujhkken.png "")

>

>

Nope. Widow’s peak is all natural.

> @RDD said:

> > @dropkicked said:

> > RDD, going out on that ledge during the WGC Dell MP event, said and I quote "Tiger Woods, the second greatest golfer of all time".. His fellow colleague "Oh you're going there!?"... Same collegue immediately asked the network to "Please save us from ourselves.."

> > :D

> >

> > RDD, seriously though.. You're a middle aged man who is dying his "willows wisp".....

> > ![](https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Tx_64jaQ--/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_center,h_900,q_80,w_1600/zn0gfl0f2gxa3ujhkken.png "")

> >

> >

> Nope. Widow’s peak is all natural.

>

![](https://media.tenor.com/images/f5f7f3beb0136be10c92df010fec5f48/tenor.gif "")

:p

Titleist....

> @Bad9 said:

> I always thought Lauren would have been an interesting case for a Haney Project type show.

Yes that is a good idea. I like Lauren, she has a great personality and attitude, and rescues the show many days.

Re RDD: I appreciate him coming on here and posting. I liked his tournament commentary last year too.

RDD - I love DC&P. Great start to the show early this morning, but just like last year as the tourney goes longer into the morning, fewer and fewer shots, meaningless interviews (Niall - WTF), more ads and less and less and less golf. These kids are there for the experience but in addition to just us golf fans who enjoy watching, they are probably DVRing this event and hoping to catch some of their action as broadcast when they get home. Show more golf!

> @jmcf1949 said:

> Can't watch it anymore. Cara is nails on a blackboard for me. I can't understand her half of the time. Why do we need a Brit on every golf telecast anyway. Might as well be watching BBC.

That's right, golf was invented in Brooklyn - can't believe we let anyone else play - Bobby, Arnie, Jack, Lee, Tom, Tiger, etc. - give those Open Championship trophies back!

Anyway, she's not even on MD even close to half the time, so you can probably understand most of it, lol.

Good segments today so far.

Have to admit, more excited for "Live From" starting up from Augusta!

• Like 1

A british accent adds credibility. Not just for golf, but also for home decorating/renovation, being a chef (of all things), and selling gadgets on infomercials and vacuum cleaners. Meanwhile, over on the BBC, everyone is Indian. Somewhere, I suppose, there are American rednecks broadcasting to Mongolians about something where we have credibility.

• Like 1

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

• 4 weeks later...

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> I saw the long drive “coach” on this morning otherwise I thought it was the usual crew. He’s been there off and on this year - glad to see RDD back in his comfy chair - get on that range! Those would be great segments and you can use the practice!

Maybe it was golf central

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

They could do so much more with this show but somehow don’t.

I think it is improved but still stale at the same time. The around the horn questions stink in my opinion but there are other good parts to the show. With Golf Channel showing Driven next week, it would be a good time as ever to start to highlight or focus on the NCAA conference championships. Maybe they have... I don’t know

> @NJGolfer0624 said:

> They could do so much more with this show but somehow don’t.

> I think it is improved but still stale at the same time. The around the horn questions stink in my opinion but there are other good parts to the show. With Golf Channel showing Driven next week, it would be a good time as ever to start to highlight or focus on the NCAA conference championships. Maybe they have... I don’t know

They talked about the NCAA selection process and the upcoming tourney a bit this morning.

That’s progress

I saw GC had a show for the selection process last night. I didn’t watch it.

It would be nice to see them covering college golf solely not promoting their own product. GC has a responsibility to try to grow this game, it starts with the youth and why not drive more interest towards college golf!

> @NJGolfer0624 said:

> That’s progress

> I saw GC had a show for the selection process last night. I didn’t watch it.

> It would be nice to see them covering college golf solely not promoting their own product. GC has a responsibility to try to grow this game, it starts with the youth and why not drive more interest towards college golf!

Hard to understand the complaint when you don't watch. Golf Channel has covered NCAAs before and other college match play in the past and will be covering a ton this year, it's not new.

> @NJGolfer0624 said:

> That’s progress

> I saw GC had a show for the selection process last night. I didn’t watch it.

> It would be nice to see them covering college golf solely not promoting their own product. GC has a responsibility to try to grow this game, it starts with the youth and why not drive more interest towards college golf!

I don’t think college golf has an issue creating interest from young golfers

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @NJGolfer0624 said:

> > That’s progress

> > I saw GC had a show for the selection process last night. I didn’t watch it.

> > It would be nice to see them covering college golf solely not promoting their own product. GC has a responsibility to try to grow this game, it starts with the youth and why not drive more interest towards college golf!

>

> Hard to understand the complaint when you don't watch. Golf Channel has covered NCAAs before and other college match play in the past and will be covering a ton this year, it's not new.

I didn’t watch the selection show last night. I have watched their coverage of the NCAAs, Pasatiempo and East Lake Cup. As it relates to Morning Drive, a dedicated segment on it weekly or even daily in season could be a good thing rather than some of the around the horn meaningless banter.

> @iteachgolf said:

> > @NJGolfer0624 said:

> > That’s progress

> > I saw GC had a show for the selection process last night. I didn’t watch it.

> > It would be nice to see them covering college golf solely not promoting their own product. GC has a responsibility to try to grow this game, it starts with the youth and why not drive more interest towards college golf!

>

> I don’t think college golf has an issue creating interest from young golfers

Right but doing more to promote it would be a good thing.