Morning Drive...What Happened?

DRRicks

Matt Adams holds himself out as an equipment expert, but watching yet another of his equipment/tech talks it's clear so far that he is doing nothing but advertising and rattling off the manufacturers' talking points. I get they are pretty much product placement ads that are probably paid for, but let's just get a good spokesmodel out there.

Sounds like RDD with local knowledge commentary on PGA Tour Live! Gonna be a good morning!

Nope, so far a great morning, except for Henrik's inability to score.

Our local kid with a good comeback so far. 2 over after three, back to even after eight. Needs a 34th or higher finish to retain his card. One tournament left on his medical exemption.

Didn't get to watch as much as I would have liked last night, but GC showed an old Players final round. *This* is what is needed. I can't believe the "rights" to show old events are that expensive.

That was awesome to watch! Among the highlights...

1. Everything Seve

2. Freddie's hair and hitting a 2 iron

3. Hearing Steve Melnyk

4. Hearing Kenny Venturi

5. Hearing Pat Summerall

6. Seeing an even tougher, albeit shorter TPC Sawgrass (par 5's under 500 yards)

7. Persimmon woods

8. Hitting 8 irons on 17

9. Ray Floyd's swing

10. Fashion of 1985 (still have some in the closet)

11. Visors

12. Lee Trevino talking about going to having a few beers after the round

13. First place prize money of $144,000

14. Total prize money of $800,000

15. Mark O'Meara looking like he was 12

16. The winning score being on -11

Yeah...slow night in the Pelz household.

Watched in awe as Seve up and downed himself all over the place at a 1989 US Open practice round at Oak Hill C.C. in Rochester, NY.... talk about talent.... wow

Sorta wish I had kept all the pastel polyester slacks too...(waist size would be way too small today lol!!)

I remember the best Ken Venturi line I ever heard....somebody was in the process of shooting a million out there and he was putting on the 18th and Venturi says..."you know he really wants to make this putt because 79 is 10 shots better than 80"

by the way I still have a leather bound 3 ring binder that contains the Dave Pelz putting system......from the dave pelz golf research inc......copyright 1983......tripped over it the other day while cleaning out an old book case

Driver .....TM M2  12* ... Stock shaft Reg.

3 Wood...TM M2 HL 16*..stock reg shaft

7 Wood  TM  M2... stock shaft reg.

Hybrids....Adams.... A3OS Boxer  3-4-5 hybrids..Grafalloy  platinum Reg flex

Cobra F7 one length irons..... 6 - SW .. ...shafts.. Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue Axis @ 37.5"

Putter (varies) currently Custom made Starship model

Peace....  Update... 69 yrs old shot 68 this summer(2021)... God I love this game...

I read every post from Dec19th until now and the one question I couldn't find the answer to was ... why do I never see Gary Williams on the MD on weekdays anymore?

Driver .....TM M2  12* ... Stock shaft Reg.

3 Wood...TM M2 HL 16*..stock reg shaft

7 Wood  TM  M2... stock shaft reg.

Hybrids....Adams.... A3OS Boxer  3-4-5 hybrids..Grafalloy  platinum Reg flex

Cobra F7 one length irons..... 6 - SW .. ...shafts.. Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue Axis @ 37.5"

Putter (varies) currently Custom made Starship model

Peace....  Update... 69 yrs old shot 68 this summer(2021)... God I love this game...

I read every post from Dec19th until now and the one question I couldn't find the answer to was ... why do I never see Gary Williams on the MD on weekdays anymore?

I kinda prefer knowing when someone will be on MD. Maybe trying to set schedules?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Anyone watching this morning?

Ron Sirak (sp?) saying he thinks the LPGA gets overly criticized because there was no outrage from Bay Hill when 9 out of the top 10 finishers were non US players, and there was no outrage because a bunker shot (don’t remember the player) almost hit a ball left on the green and not marked.

Well Ron, it seems pretty simple. That leaderboard is a regular occurrence on the LPGA and a rarity on the PGA. And the ball didn’t hit the ball on the green and get stopped. No one is going to b**** about something that didn’t happen.

What happened to Carra Robinson. She was on MD and now she's not there anymore but I see her on other shows.

She is the worst. Can't understand a thing she says. I have to turn the station when she is on air.

I am honestly tired of Paige McKenzie. She is an idiot. I cringe when she starts to give her analysis of the PGA.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

What happened to Carra Robinson. She was on MD and now she's not there anymore but I see her on other shows.

She only seems to be on the pregame show lately. Maybe cutting back her on air time since she’s pregnant

The pregame show is a better fit for her anyway

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Ron Sirak (sp?) saying he thinks the LPGA gets overly criticized because there was no outrage from Bay Hill when 9 out of the top 10 finishers were non US players, and there was no outrage because a bunker shot (don’t remember the player) almost hit a ball left on the green and not marked.

Well Ron, it seems pretty simple. That leaderboard is a regular occurrence on the LPGA and a rarity on the PGA. And the ball didn’t hit the ball on the green and get stopped. No one is going to b**** about something that didn’t happen.

It was Lucas Glover and he should have marked.

It was Lucas Glover and he should have marked.

Thanks on who it was. As to if he should have marked or not......that’s a whole different discussion.

Idk if it's been covered in this thread or not but I stumbled upon Holly Sonder's Instagram page this morning and BIG yikes to that one. She looks almost 100% plastic and silicon. She's scary looking. It's a real shame. I wonder if that's why she's not doing much journalism/interviewing now a days.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

I liken Morning Drive to something of a talk show during daytime television.

whoever tunes in really isn't there for the substance but rather something to just -- watch.

I think we're going too in-depth on a show that was basically made to fill airtime in the mornings -- so i take whatever is on the show with a grain of sand. there simply isn't enough golf news to fill 2-4 hours of air time. just isn't. there isn't even enough instruction out there long enough to fill that time -- if there was, i certainly wouldn't suggest taking the advice lol

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Idk if it's been covered in this thread or not but I stumbled upon Holly Sonder's Instagram page this morning and BIG yikes to that one. She looks almost 100% plastic and silicon. She's scary looking. It's a real shame. I wonder if that's why she's not doing much journalism/interviewing now a days.

No, I don't think it's been covered in this thread yet that you "stumbled" upon Holly Sonder's instagram page, lol.

I have to admit, I was a bit shocked, but she has a good sense of humor about it if you look at her response to comments.

IG is strange because everyone well known on it is their own brand, and seemingly has a "plan."

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

I have to admit, I was a bit shocked, but she has a good sense of humor about it if you look at her response to comments.

IG is strange because everyone well known on it is their own brand, and seemingly has a "plan."

I guess her plan is to make people believe she is Ariana Grande's mother?

"Thank You, Next?"

I'm not shocked really, I guess she's gone full influencer mode.

Influencers were in hot water not too long ago for not disclosing ad revenue to the FTC. Thus spawned the #ad on many posts. As if the random "fit tea" selfies weren't a dead giveaway. Instagram is a weird place...

Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]

What kills me is how she tries to convey that her look is "all natural"...

Fascinating to me that at some point she just decided to go over that cliff of plastic surgery and it's gotten out of hand for her because she used to be very good looking...in a natural, athletic, girl next door way!

Fascinating to me that at some point she just decided to go over that cliff of plastic surgery and it's gotten out of hand for her because she used to be very good looking...in a natural, athletic, girl next door way!

One of her replies to the comments was something along the lines of the pictures being taken at different angles...maybe she meant the new angles on her face. She was apart of the OG Morning Drive crew right?

"Thank You, Next?"

I'm not shocked really, I guess she's gone full influencer mode.

Influencers were in hot water not too long ago for not disclosing ad revenue to the FTC. Thus spawned the #ad on many posts. As if the random "fit tea" selfies weren't a dead giveaway. Instagram is a weird place...

That's how it seems, her instagram history shows a clear disconnect from golf based on her recent postings.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I just looked...holy hell. What a narcissist. She really got sucked into the 'girl on instagram fame' black hole.

Sad.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

I just looked...holy hell. What a narcissist. She really got sucked into the 'girl on instagram fame' black hole.

Sad.

Not much difference between her and Blair. Of course blair still plays golf but she is still an "influencer".