Morning Drive...What Happened?

DRRicks

> @NJGolfer0624 said:

> > @iteachgolf said:

> > > @NJGolfer0624 said:

> > > That’s progress

> > > I saw GC had a show for the selection process last night. I didn’t watch it.

> > > It would be nice to see them covering college golf solely not promoting their own product. GC has a responsibility to try to grow this game, it starts with the youth and why not drive more interest towards college golf!

> >

> > I don’t think college golf has an issue creating interest from young golfers

>

> Right but doing more to promote it would be a good thing.

Why? The kids who will be good enough to play college golf don’t need anyone to promote it. They are spending their time working towards it already. The kids I teach going to decent programs are practicing at 7am before school, not watching morning drive. I think it would have zero impact at all among top 4,000 ranked kids in JGS.

> @iteachgolf said:

> > @NJGolfer0624 said:

> > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > @NJGolfer0624 said:

> > > > That’s progress

> > > > I saw GC had a show for the selection process last night. I didn’t watch it.

> > > > It would be nice to see them covering college golf solely not promoting their own product. GC has a responsibility to try to grow this game, it starts with the youth and why not drive more interest towards college golf!

> > >

> > > I don’t think college golf has an issue creating interest from young golfers

> >

> > Right but doing more to promote it would be a good thing.

>

> Why? The kids who will be good enough to play college golf don’t need anyone to promote it. They are spending their time working towards it already. The kids I teach going to decent programs are practicing at 7am before school, not watching morning drive. I think it would have zero impact at all among top 4,000 ranked kids in JGS.

I respect your opinion but I have to disagree. More promotion of golf at the Junior and Collegiate level is a good thing. Also, it is 2019 while many people still watch live TV, DVR does play a factor. I am sure some of your students and the 4,000 kids ranked in the JGS watch TV by way of DVR.

Not a lot of high school kids watching early morning anything. Rolling out and headed to class or early morning workouts or practices if they have them. I sure enjoy hearing about college golf and golfers but don’t think GC has any obligation to do any set amount of coverage. It’s news right now, so it gets attention. Other than hardcore golf fans, those who have an interest in their alma maters or family members there isn’t much of a college golf audience. Frankly the interminable amount of time they take and the ridiculous coaching up on shots has pretty much turned me off of watching any college golf. My daughter thinks it’s ridiculous watching college coaches coach up players on virtually every shot, she won’t watch, lol.

> @NJGolfer0624 said:

> > @iteachgolf said:

> > > @NJGolfer0624 said:

> > > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > > @NJGolfer0624 said:

> > > > > That’s progress

> > > > > I saw GC had a show for the selection process last night. I didn’t watch it.

> > > > > It would be nice to see them covering college golf solely not promoting their own product. GC has a responsibility to try to grow this game, it starts with the youth and why not drive more interest towards college golf!

> > > >

> > > > I don’t think college golf has an issue creating interest from young golfers

> > >

> > > Right but doing more to promote it would be a good thing.

> >

> > Why? The kids who will be good enough to play college golf don’t need anyone to promote it. They are spending their time working towards it already. The kids I teach going to decent programs are practicing at 7am before school, not watching morning drive. I think it would have zero impact at all among top 4,000 ranked kids in JGS.

>

> I respect your opinion but I have to disagree. More promotion of golf at the Junior and Collegiate level is a good thing. Also, it is 2019 while many people still watch live TV, DVR does play a factor. I am sure some of your students and the 4,000 kids ranked in the JGS watch TV by way of DVR.

>

My kids don’t watch morning drive and they don’t need to see an update to know what’s going on. They all look at golfstat, they know the teams rankings, and what they shoot so they can compare to their scores. They are very aware of what’s going on in college golf. They’re either playing in the junior events that get national exposure or trying to qualify for them. They’re dedicating most of their time to play college golf, they don’t need it to be promoted, they’re already all in.

You seem to be missing my point, the kid who needs it to be promoted to get interested in college golf isn’t going to get good enough to play college golf. A 10 minute update on college golf every week isn’t going to make a bit of difference.

> @iteachgolf said:

> > @NJGolfer0624 said:

> > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > @NJGolfer0624 said:

> > > > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > > > @NJGolfer0624 said:

> > > > > > That’s progress

> > > > > > I saw GC had a show for the selection process last night. I didn’t watch it.

> > > > > > It would be nice to see them covering college golf solely not promoting their own product. GC has a responsibility to try to grow this game, it starts with the youth and why not drive more interest towards college golf!

> > > > >

> > > > > I don’t think college golf has an issue creating interest from young golfers

> > > >

> > > > Right but doing more to promote it would be a good thing.

> > >

> > > Why? The kids who will be good enough to play college golf don’t need anyone to promote it. They are spending their time working towards it already. The kids I teach going to decent programs are practicing at 7am before school, not watching morning drive. I think it would have zero impact at all among top 4,000 ranked kids in JGS.

> >

> > I respect your opinion but I have to disagree. More promotion of golf at the Junior and Collegiate level is a good thing. Also, it is 2019 while many people still watch live TV, DVR does play a factor. I am sure some of your students and the 4,000 kids ranked in the JGS watch TV by way of DVR.

> >

>

> My kids don’t watch morning drive and they don’t need to see an update to know what’s going on. They all look at golfstat, they know the teams rankings, and what they shoot so they can compare to their scores. They are very aware of what’s going on in college golf. They’re either playing in the junior events that get national exposure or trying to qualify for them. They’re dedicating most of their time to play college golf, they don’t need it to be promoted, they’re already all in.

>

> You seem to be missing my point, the kid who needs it to be promoted to get interested in college golf isn’t going to get good enough to play college golf. A 10 minute update on college golf every week isn’t going to make a bit of difference.

I respect your opinion yet again but I disagree with you.

> @golfandfishing said:

> Lol. The kids getting ready to play D1 golf don’t give a sheet about what the dodo birds Morning Drive have to say. They are already smarter and more informed than anyone on that show. They have more formative discussions among their peers than what makes it on Morning Drive.

Understood but exposure of D1 golf on MD would be more entertaining than the current nonsense we see.

I also would argue iteachgolf’s point for those in Northern states during winter months.

Was Coachman auditioning for a full-time gig as a host this week? Seemed like he ran the show all week and Hack was sent to Charlotte at the end of the week. Or was it just his personality... Being the alpha dog?

How to play golf.
Hit the ball.
Find the ball
Repeat until the ball is in the hole.
Have fun.
...Chuck Hogan

> @RDD said:

> > @zonadub said:

> > Was Coachman auditioning for a full-time gig as a host this week? Seemed like he ran the show all week and Hack was sent to Charlotte at the end of the week. Or was it just his personality... Being the alpha dog?

>

> He’ll fill in once a month or so.

>

Thanks RDD

• Like 1

How to play golf.
Hit the ball.
Find the ball
Repeat until the ball is in the hole.
Have fun.
...Chuck Hogan

• 3 weeks later...

> @jmcf1949 said:

> Can't watch it anymore. Cara is nails on a blackboard for me. I can't understand her half of the time. Why do we need a Brit on every golf telecast anyway. Might as well be watching BBC.

I agree. I need a translator to listen to her. Paige is becoming that way for me. She opens her mouth and I hear blah blah blah blah. She is irrelevant and so are her opinions.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Love RDD calling out Jack Nacklaus' contradictions this morning.

Jack said the regular Tour events didn't mean anything or matter in terms of historical significance. Nobody can even say with certainty, how many wins Sam Snead had in his career. He only cared about majors during his career. Then said the new Tour schedule, moving the Players to March and PGA to May will hurt the regular Tour which is the backbone of professional golf. Pretty significant contradiction!

> @Sixcat said:

> Love RDD calling out Jack Nacklaus' contradictions this morning.

>

> Jack said the regular Tour events didn't mean anything or matter in terms of historical significance. Nobody can even say with certainty, how many wins Sam Snead had in his career. He only cared about majors during his career. Then said the new Tour schedule, moving the Players to March and PGA to May will hurt the regular Tour which is the backbone of professional golf. Pretty significant contradiction!

Not a contradiction at all and you don’t frame Jack’s comments accurately to start with.

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @Sixcat said:

> > Love RDD calling out Jack Nacklaus' contradictions this morning.

> >

> > Jack said the regular Tour events didn't mean anything or matter in terms of historical significance. Nobody can even say with certainty, how many wins Sam Snead had in his career. He only cared about majors during his career. Then said the new Tour schedule, moving the Players to March and PGA to May will hurt the regular Tour which is the backbone of professional golf. Pretty significant contradiction!

>

> Not a contradiction at all and you don’t frame Jack’s comments accurately to start with.

Funny, RDD must have agreed given his comments on MD! Not to get into a pissing contest with you but Jack said he didn't care about Tour events when he played, only majors. Then said the new major schedule was going to hurt the Tour and the Tour was the backbone of professional golf. Not sure how else you could "frame" those comments other than contradictory! Or as RDD said on MD, an oxymoron!

> @Sixcat said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @Sixcat said:

> > > Love RDD calling out Jack Nacklaus' contradictions this morning.

> > >

> > > Jack said the regular Tour events didn't mean anything or matter in terms of historical significance. Nobody can even say with certainty, how many wins Sam Snead had in his career. He only cared about majors during his career. Then said the new Tour schedule, moving the Players to March and PGA to May will hurt the regular Tour which is the backbone of professional golf. Pretty significant contradiction!

> >

> > Not a contradiction at all and you don’t frame Jack’s comments accurately to start with.

>

> Funny, RDD must have agreed given his comments on MD! Not to get into a pissing contest with you but Jack said he didn't care about Tour events when he played, only majors. Then said the new major schedule was going to hurt the Tour and the Tour was the backbone of professional golf. Not sure how else you could "frame" those comments other than contradictory! Or as RDD said on MD, an oxymoron!

Jack said simply "I measured my life differently" and major tour wins were how he measured himself. He didn't say anything close to what you say he said. And he joked as usual about not knowing how many he had, how many Sam had and the Tour adding and taking away wins every year, lol. You misrepresent his remarks.

As for the PGA, I just listened to the press conference, didn't hear a thing about it.

In 2017 he said this: http://www.advertiser-tribune.com/sports/national-sports-apwire/2017/05/nicklaus-willing-to-change-memorial-schedule/

Just a few weeks ago he said this: https://www.newsday.com/sports/golf/jack-nicklaus-pga-championship-bethpage-black-1.29348078

Pretty consistent, pretty cooperative, pretty proactive.

Where are the links to hurting the Tour?

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @Sixcat said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @Sixcat said:

> > > > Love RDD calling out Jack Nacklaus' contradictions this morning.

> > > >

> > > > Jack said the regular Tour events didn't mean anything or matter in terms of historical significance. Nobody can even say with certainty, how many wins Sam Snead had in his career. He only cared about majors during his career. Then said the new Tour schedule, moving the Players to March and PGA to May will hurt the regular Tour which is the backbone of professional golf. Pretty significant contradiction!

> > >

> > > Not a contradiction at all and you don’t frame Jack’s comments accurately to start with.

> >

> > Funny, RDD must have agreed given his comments on MD! Not to get into a pissing contest with you but Jack said he didn't care about Tour events when he played, only majors. Then said the new major schedule was going to hurt the Tour and the Tour was the backbone of professional golf. Not sure how else you could "frame" those comments other than contradictory! Or as RDD said on MD, an oxymoron!

>

> Jack said simply "I measured my life differently" and major tour wins were how he measured himself. He didn't say anything close to what you say he said. And he joked as usual about not knowing how many he had, how many Sam had and the Tour adding and taking away wins every year, lol. You misrepresent his remarks.

>

> As for the PGA, I just listened to the press conference, didn't hear a thing about it.

>

> In 2017 he said this: http://www.advertiser-tribune.com/sports/national-sports-apwire/2017/05/nicklaus-willing-to-change-memorial-schedule/

>

> Just a few weeks ago he said this: https://www.newsday.com/sports/golf/jack-nicklaus-pga-championship-bethpage-black-1.29348078

>

> Pretty consistent, pretty cooperative, pretty proactive.

>

> Where are the links to hurting the Tour?

>

>

>

Morning Drive hasn't posted any videos of the conversation this morning, only conversations about Hank Haney. I never once referred to a press conference for the PGA, only the conversation with Gary Williams on MD this morning. Jack was asked this morning how the new PGA Tour schedule had affected The Memorial. He said he hadn't' seen anything to suggest his tournament would be affected but it would hurt much of the rest of the Tour. Even naming three or four tournaments such as Honda, Bay Hill and Byron Nelson to name a few.

Agree to disagree since I don't have video evidence to support my assessment and you're bringing up stuff from 2 years ago as "proof" of a conversation from this morning!

> @Sixcat said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @Sixcat said:

> > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > @Sixcat said:

> > > > > Love RDD calling out Jack Nacklaus' contradictions this morning.

> > > > >

> > > > > Jack said the regular Tour events didn't mean anything or matter in terms of historical significance. Nobody can even say with certainty, how many wins Sam Snead had in his career. He only cared about majors during his career. Then said the new Tour schedule, moving the Players to March and PGA to May will hurt the regular Tour which is the backbone of professional golf. Pretty significant contradiction!

> > > >

> > > > Not a contradiction at all and you don’t frame Jack’s comments accurately to start with.

> > >

> > > Funny, RDD must have agreed given his comments on MD! Not to get into a pissing contest with you but Jack said he didn't care about Tour events when he played, only majors. Then said the new major schedule was going to hurt the Tour and the Tour was the backbone of professional golf. Not sure how else you could "frame" those comments other than contradictory! Or as RDD said on MD, an oxymoron!

> >

> > Jack said simply "I measured my life differently" and major tour wins were how he measured himself. He didn't say anything close to what you say he said. And he joked as usual about not knowing how many he had, how many Sam had and the Tour adding and taking away wins every year, lol. You misrepresent his remarks.

> >

> > As for the PGA, I just listened to the press conference, didn't hear a thing about it.

> >

> > In 2017 he said this: http://www.advertiser-tribune.com/sports/national-sports-apwire/2017/05/nicklaus-willing-to-change-memorial-schedule/

> >

> > Just a few weeks ago he said this: https://www.newsday.com/sports/golf/jack-nicklaus-pga-championship-bethpage-black-1.29348078

> >

> > Pretty consistent, pretty cooperative, pretty proactive.

> >

> > Where are the links to hurting the Tour?

> >

> >

> >

>

> Morning Drive hasn't posted any videos of the conversation this morning, only conversations about Hank Haney. I never once referred to a press conference for the PGA, only the conversation with Gary Williams on MD this morning. Jack was asked this morning how the new PGA Tour schedule had affected The Memorial. He said he hadn't' seen anything to suggest his tournament would be affected but it would hurt much of the rest of the Tour. Even naming three or four tournaments such as Honda, Bay Hill and Byron Nelson to name a few.

>

> Agree to disagree since I don't have video evidence to support my assessment and you're bringing up stuff from 2 years ago as "proof" of a conversation from this morning!

Ask and you shall receive.

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/majors-schedule-change-problem-jack-nicklaus

> @RDD said:

>

>

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > RDD any insights on Ms. Whiteley? How's her game? Great smile...

>

> She’s wonderful. Not sure about her golf game but can help us lots, especially with European Tour info.

And she can school you on terms like...

"Lovely"

"Useful"

"Chuffed"

"Bants"

And if she invites you out for "Sherbets" she wants to have a few pints, not ice cream.

> @Sixcat said:

> > @Sixcat said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @Sixcat said:

> > > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > > @Sixcat said:

> > > > > > Love RDD calling out Jack Nacklaus' contradictions this morning.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Jack said the regular Tour events didn't mean anything or matter in terms of historical significance. Nobody can even say with certainty, how many wins Sam Snead had in his career. He only cared about majors during his career. Then said the new Tour schedule, moving the Players to March and PGA to May will hurt the regular Tour which is the backbone of professional golf. Pretty significant contradiction!

> > > > >

> > > > > Not a contradiction at all and you don’t frame Jack’s comments accurately to start with.

> > > >

> > > > Funny, RDD must have agreed given his comments on MD! Not to get into a pissing contest with you but Jack said he didn't care about Tour events when he played, only majors. Then said the new major schedule was going to hurt the Tour and the Tour was the backbone of professional golf. Not sure how else you could "frame" those comments other than contradictory! Or as RDD said on MD, an oxymoron!

> > >

> > > Jack said simply "I measured my life differently" and major tour wins were how he measured himself. He didn't say anything close to what you say he said. And he joked as usual about not knowing how many he had, how many Sam had and the Tour adding and taking away wins every year, lol. You misrepresent his remarks.

> > >

> > > As for the PGA, I just listened to the press conference, didn't hear a thing about it.

> > >

> > > In 2017 he said this: http://www.advertiser-tribune.com/sports/national-sports-apwire/2017/05/nicklaus-willing-to-change-memorial-schedule/

> > >

> > > Just a few weeks ago he said this: https://www.newsday.com/sports/golf/jack-nicklaus-pga-championship-bethpage-black-1.29348078

> > >

> > > Pretty consistent, pretty cooperative, pretty proactive.

> > >

> > > Where are the links to hurting the Tour?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Morning Drive hasn't posted any videos of the conversation this morning, only conversations about Hank Haney. I never once referred to a press conference for the PGA, only the conversation with Gary Williams on MD this morning. Jack was asked this morning how the new PGA Tour schedule had affected The Memorial. He said he hadn't' seen anything to suggest his tournament would be affected but it would hurt much of the rest of the Tour. Even naming three or four tournaments such as Honda, Bay Hill and Byron Nelson to name a few.

> >

> > Agree to disagree since I don't have video evidence to support my assessment and you're bringing up stuff from 2 years ago as "proof" of a conversation from this morning!

>

> Ask and you shall receive.

> https://www.golfchannel.com/video/majors-schedule-change-problem-jack-nicklaus

>

April 2019 isn't 2 years ago. Having said that, happy to see the video and hear Jack's comments - don't agree with him on the May move for PGA but totally agree with him on the idea that condensing the season is hurting the Tour - glad he's speaking out.

The real inconsistency is absent the 3 other majors changing their dates, the major season will remain short and condensed and that is what is hurting the other tournaments and will continue to cause problems, IMO. This only has come about via the PGA moving to accommodate Finchem's dreams.

> @Sixcat said:

> Ask and you shall receive.

> https://www.golfchannel.com/video/majors-schedule-change-problem-jack-nicklaus

>

I'm curious to hear Jack's thoughts on the new (proposed) Tour Championship format

• Like 1
[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @Sixcat said:

> > > @Sixcat said:

> > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > @Sixcat said:

> > > > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > > > @Sixcat said:

> > > > > > > Love RDD calling out Jack Nacklaus' contradictions this morning.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Jack said the regular Tour events didn't mean anything or matter in terms of historical significance. Nobody can even say with certainty, how many wins Sam Snead had in his career. He only cared about majors during his career. Then said the new Tour schedule, moving the Players to March and PGA to May will hurt the regular Tour which is the backbone of professional golf. Pretty significant contradiction!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not a contradiction at all and you don’t frame Jack’s comments accurately to start with.

> > > > >

> > > > > Funny, RDD must have agreed given his comments on MD! Not to get into a pissing contest with you but Jack said he didn't care about Tour events when he played, only majors. Then said the new major schedule was going to hurt the Tour and the Tour was the backbone of professional golf. Not sure how else you could "frame" those comments other than contradictory! Or as RDD said on MD, an oxymoron!

> > > >

> > > > Jack said simply "I measured my life differently" and major tour wins were how he measured himself. He didn't say anything close to what you say he said. And he joked as usual about not knowing how many he had, how many Sam had and the Tour adding and taking away wins every year, lol. You misrepresent his remarks.

> > > >

> > > > As for the PGA, I just listened to the press conference, didn't hear a thing about it.

> > > >

> > > > In 2017 he said this: http://www.advertiser-tribune.com/sports/national-sports-apwire/2017/05/nicklaus-willing-to-change-memorial-schedule/

> > > >

> > > > Just a few weeks ago he said this: https://www.newsday.com/sports/golf/jack-nicklaus-pga-championship-bethpage-black-1.29348078

> > > >

> > > > Pretty consistent, pretty cooperative, pretty proactive.

> > > >

> > > > Where are the links to hurting the Tour?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Morning Drive hasn't posted any videos of the conversation this morning, only conversations about Hank Haney. I never once referred to a press conference for the PGA, only the conversation with Gary Williams on MD this morning. Jack was asked this morning how the new PGA Tour schedule had affected The Memorial. He said he hadn't' seen anything to suggest his tournament would be affected but it would hurt much of the rest of the Tour. Even naming three or four tournaments such as Honda, Bay Hill and Byron Nelson to name a few.

> > >

> > > Agree to disagree since I don't have video evidence to support my assessment and you're bringing up stuff from 2 years ago as "proof" of a conversation from this morning!

> >

> > Ask and you shall receive.

> > https://www.golfchannel.com/video/majors-schedule-change-problem-jack-nicklaus

> >

>

> April 2019 isn't 2 years ago. Having said that, **happy to see the video and hear Jack's comments** - don't agree with him on the May move for PGA but totally agree with him on the idea that condensing the season is hurting the Tour - glad he's speaking out.

>

> The real inconsistency is absent the 3 other majors changing their dates, the major season will remain short and condensed and that is what is hurting the other tournaments and will continue to cause problems, IMO. This only has come about via the PGA moving to accommodate Finchem's dreams.

So, your initial reply stating that I didn't "frame Jack's comments accurately to start with" was based on you having not seen the video on Morning Drive? That's the real inconsistency!

With that said, the condensed schedule might hurt the PGA Tour but the PGA Tour hurts itself in many other areas. Playing two-thirds of the schedule on terrible and boring TPC layouts for starters. It's difficult for me to feel sorry for them! The better events and courses will still attract a quality field.

> @Sixcat said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @Sixcat said:

> > > > @Sixcat said:

> > > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > > @Sixcat said:

> > > > > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > > > > @Sixcat said:

> > > > > > > > Love RDD calling out Jack Nacklaus' contradictions this morning.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Jack said the regular Tour events didn't mean anything or matter in terms of historical significance. Nobody can even say with certainty, how many wins Sam Snead had in his career. He only cared about majors during his career. Then said the new Tour schedule, moving the Players to March and PGA to May will hurt the regular Tour which is the backbone of professional golf. Pretty significant contradiction!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not a contradiction at all and you don’t frame Jack’s comments accurately to start with.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Funny, RDD must have agreed given his comments on MD! Not to get into a pissing contest with you but Jack said he didn't care about Tour events when he played, only majors. Then said the new major schedule was going to hurt the Tour and the Tour was the backbone of professional golf. Not sure how else you could "frame" those comments other than contradictory! Or as RDD said on MD, an oxymoron!

> > > > >

> > > > > Jack said simply "I measured my life differently" and major tour wins were how he measured himself. He didn't say anything close to what you say he said. And he joked as usual about not knowing how many he had, how many Sam had and the Tour adding and taking away wins every year, lol. You misrepresent his remarks.

> > > > >

> > > > > As for the PGA, I just listened to the press conference, didn't hear a thing about it.

> > > > >

> > > > > In 2017 he said this: http://www.advertiser-tribune.com/sports/national-sports-apwire/2017/05/nicklaus-willing-to-change-memorial-schedule/

> > > > >

> > > > > Just a few weeks ago he said this: https://www.newsday.com/sports/golf/jack-nicklaus-pga-championship-bethpage-black-1.29348078

> > > > >

> > > > > Pretty consistent, pretty cooperative, pretty proactive.

> > > > >

> > > > > Where are the links to hurting the Tour?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Morning Drive hasn't posted any videos of the conversation this morning, only conversations about Hank Haney. I never once referred to a press conference for the PGA, only the conversation with Gary Williams on MD this morning. Jack was asked this morning how the new PGA Tour schedule had affected The Memorial. He said he hadn't' seen anything to suggest his tournament would be affected but it would hurt much of the rest of the Tour. Even naming three or four tournaments such as Honda, Bay Hill and Byron Nelson to name a few.

> > > >

> > > > Agree to disagree since I don't have video evidence to support my assessment and you're bringing up stuff from 2 years ago as "proof" of a conversation from this morning!

> > >

> > > Ask and you shall receive.

> > > https://www.golfchannel.com/video/majors-schedule-change-problem-jack-nicklaus

> > >

> >

> > April 2019 isn't 2 years ago. Having said that, **happy to see the video and hear Jack's comments** - don't agree with him on the May move for PGA but totally agree with him on the idea that condensing the season is hurting the Tour - glad he's speaking out.

> >

> > The real inconsistency is absent the 3 other majors changing their dates, the major season will remain short and condensed and that is what is hurting the other tournaments and will continue to cause problems, IMO. This only has come about via the PGA moving to accommodate Finchem's dreams.

>

> So, your initial reply stating that I didn't "frame Jack's comments accurately to start with" was based on you having not seen the video on Morning Drive? That's the real inconsistency!

>

> With that said, the condensed schedule might hurt the PGA Tour but the PGA Tour hurts itself in many other areas. Playing two-thirds of the schedule on terrible and boring TPC layouts for starters. It's difficult for me to feel sorry for them! The better events and courses will still attract a quality field.

>

>

No, that comment was in reference to his not caring about regular tournaments. Pretty clear in my response. Hence, my posting what I knew he had said previously and asking for a link to his comments on the tour and the PGA. Was interested to see anything he had to say that might be in agreement with my thoughts, lol.