Valspar Discussion Thread

Medic

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Casey's last 3 masters finishes: T6 - 4 - 6

Does this give him the confidence to finish one off and get his first major? would be a great story!

I would be very happy for him if he can pull it off. Should be an interesting event as always. Just need the likes of McIlroy, Spieth, and Fowler to find some better form and it could be a barnburner with a lot of big names in the mix.

Paul Casey's last 3 masters finishes: T6 - 4 - 6

Does this give him the confidence to finish one off and get his first major? would be a great story!

I would be very happy for him if he can pull it off. Should be an interesting event as always. Just need the likes of McIlroy, Spieth, and Fowler to find some better form and it could be a barnburner with a lot of big names in the mix.

Im not worried the masters always provides great finishes regardless whos involved. Last year was epic, we can only hope for the same

What do you think about Paul’s case?? LOL!

That’s his wife.

He definitely has a type. i think his first wife was a playmate. I remember his divorce really rattled him

That combined with him saying he hates the United States.

Ive always thought it was in jest and he immediately apologized for it.I cut him some slack for it.

Wow what an awesome tourney. Great course and well run. Def Tiger had it to win and just needed a couple more puts. That one he drained on 17 shook the ground. He gallery on 18 looked like a US Open final hole, 30 deep in places. Tiger is back and will likely win next week.

Patrick Reed lol re dressing like Tiger then this:https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/972951877934460928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sbnation.com%2F2018%2F3%2F11%2F17107436%2Fpatrick-reed-putt-valspar-championship LOLOLOL.

And bizarre thing to see Adam Scott doing GG pivot drills on every hole with burgundy pants and white polo.

All the haters saying Tigers ball speed is inflated just need to go see him in person and u will know he's 100% top in speed/distance. One of only 2 leaders putting it green side on 5 which is 605 yards. Also just watching his ball take off on range vs others no question.

GOAT is back!

On another note, it feels like patrick reed was rushing on 18 green. Almost like he was content with having a 3-4 footer to tie and just forgot to hit the putt. I know alot of people are hot or cold on Reed but he thrives on those shots and he must be furious with himself right now.

Man feel bad for his wife tonight. He must be going insane.

Wow what an awesome tourney. Great course and well run. Def Tiger had it to win and just needed a couple more puts. That one he drained on 17 shook the ground. He gallery on 18 looked like a US Open final hole, 30 deep in places. Tiger is back and will likely win next week.

Patrick Reed lol re dressing like Tiger then missing a 14 inch put to get into a playoff. LOLOLOL.

And bizarre thing to see Adam Scott doing GG pivot drills on every hole with burgundy pants and white polo.

All the haters saying Tigers ball speed is inflated just need to go see him in person and u will know he's 100% top in speed/distance. One of only 2 leaders putting it green side on 5 which is 605 yards. Also just watching his ball take off on range vs others no question.

GOAT is back!

What?

What do you think about Paul’s case?? LOL!

That’s his wife.

He definitely has a type. i think his first wife was a playmate. I remember his divorce really rattled him

That combined with him saying he hates the United States.

Ive always thought it was in jest and he immediately apologized for it.I cut him some slack for it.

I’ve forgiven him for it. I like Casey. He took flak for it, rightly so, but he matured and got past it. We’ve all said stupid s*** before.

Patrick Reed lol re dressing like Tiger then missing a 14 inch put to get into a playoff. LOLOLOL.

GOAT is back!

What?

On the range was the best cause they were hitting right next to each other. Tiger was so in the zone probably didn't even notice. Yeah he three jacked from 45 feet and CORRECTION he hit a putt 3 in. I need to google what the hell happened on 18 green for him..... I was down in the fairway watching big Cat....

Met Paul and his family a few years ago at Sony Open, genuinely nice guy with absolutely zero artifice. Very happy for him, especially considering recent loss of a good friend.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

GOAT is back!

What?

Well, after that many beers ...

GOAT is back!

What?

Well, after that many beers ...

No beers here, missed read the PGA tour tracking app, corrected. There were some annoying a******* there. After being there today with the family I have no problem with JT or whoever throwing these people out. When not yelling they are talking extremely disgusting within earshot of kids.

It’s not the alcohol. It’s those who can’t control themselves. I was wasted while watching my mini me build castles in the kid zone. But no one could tell. =P

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Hard not to cheer for Tiger.

I had no problem not cheering for him! Have not cheered for him 25 years, why start now?

Likewise, just never cared for part of his personality.

You don’t like Phil and also not a fan of Tiger. We are getting to know a lot about your personality.

I never said I didn't like Phil, I did mention I didn't care about some of his decisions during crunch time. Although, his latest victory was rather impressive from start to finish.

It’s not the alcohol. It’s those who can’t control themselves. I was wasted while watching my mini me build castles in the kid zone. But no one could tell. =P

We were killing that kid zone PLUS free ice pops, ftw. lol. With the food trucks right next door...

Free pops all day and climbing mountains. One of the clean up guy said he never seen so many beer cans in a kids zones. I giggled and told him we contributed to THAT full trash bag.

It was a great tournament. Pm me when you want to play copperhead and I can set up rounds there as well.

Can’t wait for next year!

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

The pin on 18 was so bad. So, so bad.

No it wasn't. It's on a back shelf that forces you to hit a good approach shot, and if you take driver or 3 wood off the tee and in the fairway, it's a short iron. Not all that dissimilar to 18 at Augusta when the pin is back, to be honest.

Multiple guys had chances to stick that iron shot and either tie or win the tournament. They failed. Tiger lost his realistic chance when he decided on 2 iron off the tee and left himself 180 on approach. In shocked he didn't hit 3 wood.

The pin on 18 was so bad. So, so bad.

No it wasn't. It's on a back shelf that forces you to hit a good approach shot, and if you take driver or 3 wood off the tee and in the fairway, it's a short iron. Not all that dissimilar to 18 at Augusta when the pin is back, to be honest.

Multiple guys had chances to stick that iron shot and either tie or win the tournament. They failed. Tiger lost his realistic chance when he decided on 2 iron off the tee and left himself 180 on approach. In shocked he didn't hit 3 wood.

I actually like the location and challenge of it. It separates the men from the boys.

That putt on 17 was nothing short of amazing. Cannot help but look forward to Bay Hill. Tiger loves the Orlando area courses (considering he had or perhaps still has a home there) and always seems to do well.

This week certainly put the Valspar on the map.

um 2015 called...

Anyone else feel like they just got done watching a major?

LOL no...

Mind explaining the reply? Afraid I don't understand seeing 2015 on my caller ID.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft