Valspar Discussion Thread

Medic

I go to the Valspar every year. Some takeaways for after Friday's round... The fans and the sponsors of the tournament were amazing. Logistically, it was easy to park and get to the course. Obviously, the crowds and atmosphere exceeded all expectations with Tiger in the field. It was great to follow him for a while, but that opened up the rest of the course to get up close to other players. Peter Malnati might not only be the nicest TOUR player, but possibly the nicest human being. Every year I follow Henrik Stenson, who happens to be my favorite golfer. He is such a class-act and professional and was very gracious while posing for a photo with me. Adam Scott is a 9 (according to my wife), but his accent makes him an 11. I don't disagree. Keep an eye out for Jimmy Stanger once he strings together four good rounds. The Snake Pit never gets old, especially 16.

Lol

Adam-Scott-Rolex.jpg

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a lousy pairing for TW with Snedeker...he was unable to feed off of him at all..Snedeker showed why he has never been a factor in the majors...nice career ,seems like a nice guy but will never win a major

Agree with the first part. If Tiger was in final group and being pushed I bet he plays differently.

Tiger had make-able putts on 4, 5, 7, 8, 13 &14. He gets one or 2 of those to go down and it would have been a different result!! Awesome tournament and I was glued to the TV for Saturday and Sundays round. I usually have golf on while I am doing other stuff around the house but I actually had to sit and watch this one.! Can't wait for this weeks tournament!!!!!

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

A great tournament. I am happy for Paul,

Nice finish Sergio, great round, now go enjoy becoming a Father.

you must know these guys quite well being on a first-name basis and all?

What?

It's Mr. Sergio to you, bud.

I guess my point was that I wouldn't refer to Paul Casey as 'Paul' unless I knew him personally.

Maybe Casey, or Mr Casey, or Paul Casey, but not just Paul. Oh well, to each their own.

What?

I guess my point was that I wouldn't refer to Paul Casey as 'Paul' unless I knew him personally.

Maybe Casey, or Mr Casey, or Paul Casey, but not just Paul. Oh well, to each their own.

I know what you mean, Mike. :friends:

Ferg

Tiger had make-able putts on 4, 5, 7, 8, 13 &14. He gets one or 2 of those to go down and it would have been a different result!! Awesome tournament and I was glued to the TV for Saturday and Sundays round. I usually have golf on while I am doing other stuff around the house but I actually had to sit and watch this one.! Can't wait for this weeks tournament!!!!!

Like the old saying goes, if my Aunt had.......she'd be my Uncle. A good handful of players can play the "if/but" game both this past weekend and every tournament.

Callaway Rogue Max LS, 10.5, Kai'li 65S
Titleist 913, 15, Diamana 95
Titleist 913HD, 18, Diamana 92HY
8-P Mizuno MP4, 3-7 MP64, C-Taper S
52-08, 58-08 Titleist SM8
Putter, Cleveland Classic #1, 34"

I admire the respect factor but then we'd be talking about how "Mr. Mickelson" had a great win in Mexico and that "Woods" had a great week at Innisbrook.

It's Phil and Tiger to me and most of us fans! But as you restated, to each their own.

Cobra LTDx LS (10.5°)

Titleist TS2 (15°)

TaylorMade r9 (19°)

Cleveland 588 MB (4-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM8 (52° & 58°)

Odyssey Black #2m CS

What?

You refer to Mickelson as Phil all the time. Never ever Mr. Mickelson. Dare we call you a hypocrite Mikey 5 eagles?

I go to the Valspar every year. Some takeaways for after Friday's round... The fans and the sponsors of the tournament were amazing. Logistically, it was easy to park and get to the course. Obviously, the crowds and atmosphere exceeded all expectations with Tiger in the field. It was great to follow him for a while, but that opened up the rest of the course to get up close to other players. Peter Malnati might not only be the nicest TOUR player, but possibly the nicest human being. Every year I follow Henrik Stenson, who happens to be my favorite golfer. He is such a class-act and professional and was very gracious while posing for a photo with me. Adam Scott is a 9 (according to my wife), but his accent makes him an 11. I don't disagree. Keep an eye out for Jimmy Stanger once he strings together four good rounds. The Snake Pit never gets old, especially 16.

Lol

Adam-Scott-Rolex.jpg

So dreamy!

That putt on 17 was nothing short of amazing. Cannot help but look forward to Bay Hill. Tiger loves the Orlando area courses (considering he had or perhaps still has a home there) and always seems to do well.

This week certainly put the Valspar on the map.

um 2015 called...

Anyone else feel like they just got done watching a major?

LOL no...

Mind explaining the reply? Afraid I don't understand seeing 2015 on my caller ID.

Not being sarcastic but is this the first time you watch this event? because this happened 3 years ago and it was an epic finish.Listen to the crowds

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

I was there smart guy. Live and in-person.

And I can tell you the crowds now are MUCH larger than they were then. Granted it has grown steadily but this year there was a lot of hype leading up to the tourney. Ads on TV saying to come and see Tiger, Rory and Jordan sort of stuff. They were really flaunting the fact that Tiger was coming back to Copperhead after 20 + years. (Last played there in 1997 in JCP Classic before you step into it any deeper than you already did)

Tiger is drawing people in others simply can't. Because of who he is, what he's done in and for the game and the fact that he hasn't won in four years. Surely you can understand that, no?

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

^^ you are correct. I been there almost every year last 10+ years. Haters will refuse to admit the attendance spike. It was fantastic. Great for local business. Great for kids. Great for the course exposure.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Hard not to cheer for Tiger.

I had no problem not cheering for him! Have not cheered for him 25 years, why start now?

Likewise, just never cared for part of his personality.

You don't like Phil and also not a fan of Tiger. We are getting to know a lot about your personality.

Don't have a clue how you came to the conclusion that I don't like Phil, I think he's great and love watching him!

^^ you are correct. I been there almost every year last 10+ years. Haters will refuse to admit the attendance spike. It was fantastic. Great for local business. Great for kids. Great for the course exposure.

I wanted to go this year so bad I couldn't stand it. Work sometimes gets in the way, huh?

I met Justine Reed while there - amazing how little she is considering she was PR's caddie before the kiddo came along. And I really enjoyed following Kuchar around for his front side. When he made the turn I went back to the first just in time to see PR tee off and I followed him to the end. Was just an awesome time and very well planned out. Did you end up parking away from the venue and catching the USF bus? I saw some ViP parking up close but had no idea what those spaces would have cost or how to get them. But we didn't wait long for our bus and the traffic getting out at the end of the day wasn't all that bad either.

I am hoping to get out there and play Copperhead this coming summer but that's one of the "we will see" sort of things. Lots of stuff going on in the background in addition to the work and you know how that goes.

In any case glad you enjoyed it. It's a great venue with some really tough finishing holes and I'd rate it right up there with Sawgrass for fun and excitement.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

I have green parking so I parked 50 yards from the par3 hole 4 and walked in. It’s kind of like the private back door to copperhead. Front gate was way too crazy for my taste.

You military ? Would gladly host you at my club if you ever want. One of my good friend is on the board at copperhead which throws a large charity tournament every November to help military with ptsd. If you ever interested I can set up rounds at copperhead or old memorial as well. Hands down the two best club in Tampa. The course is outstanding and the members are even more generous.

Just pm me. My network in Tampa runs deep.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Lol

Adam-Scott-Rolex.jpg

Ok I admit it. That chubbs me up a bit. Not because of the picture but because it reminds me of his swing.

NBC ratings up 190%. Best non major ratings since 2013 Players which was won by??? Must have been the Casey effect.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Lol

Adam-Scott-Rolex.jpg

So dreamy!

please tell me you are mikey 5 eagels or a woman?

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

I admire the respect factor but then we'd be talking about how "Mr. Mickelson" had a great win in Mexico and that "Woods" had a great week at Innisbrook.

It's Phil and Tiger to me and most of us fans! But as you restated, to each their own.

I think a lot has to do with how they are dressed by the TV announcers, which on a regular basis use the labels tiger and Phil because of their great popularity. I don't see that too much with a guy like Paul Casey, it just seemed a little weird to me to call him Paul. Maybe because he is not as popular?

Lol

Adam-Scott-Rolex.jpg

So dreamy!

please tell me you are mikey 5 eagels or a woman?

rotf, I think I'm going to throw up.

NBC ratings up 190%. Best non major ratings since 2013 Players which was win by??? Must have been the Casey effect.

Shil!

I figured their ratings were up. Didn't think it would be that much higher.

Better watch those ratings at Bay Hill now. He has won there many times and he's on the prowl again.....

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

I think a lot has to do with how they are dressed by the TV announcers, which on a regular basis use the labels tiger and Phil because of their great popularity. I don't see that too much with a guy like Paul Casey, it just seemed a little weird to me to call him Paul. Maybe because he is not as popular?

I was really split on this one because I did pick up on some of what you picked up on, referring to him as Paul did seemed too familiar like he knew him as a friend! But I think that's one of the best things about watching golf and being able to relate to them. Paul Casey really did deserve this win and I do share a similar sentiment on how awesome this is for him.

As for lowheel, I guess you should be flattered he's seen you around enough to know you call him Phil, not Mr. Mickelson :)

Cobra LTDx LS (10.5°)

Titleist TS2 (15°)

TaylorMade r9 (19°)

Cleveland 588 MB (4-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM8 (52° & 58°)

Odyssey Black #2m CS

Apparently the Valspar ratings were a lot higher than 3 of the majors last year. FOX overpaid out the wazoo for U.S. Open rights.

Or... The US Open ratings were down BECAUSE of the FOX broadcasting rights.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Apparently the Valspar ratings were a lot higher than 3 of the majors last year. FOX overpaid out the wazoo for U.S. Open rights.

Or... The US Open ratings were down BECAUSE of the FOX broadcasting rights.

That's two.

On a roll. : )

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft