2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

The New Master's Womens Amateur Championship

> @18majors said:

> Only 30 players will play the final round at ANGC on Saturday, April 6.

> There'll be a playoff at #17 and #18 holes, if there're ties that exceeds 30 players.

What ?? A playoff to determine who makes the cut ( hence the _privilege_ to play AN ) ?? These guys really think their poop smells like cologne.

> @MountainGoat said:

> Like the drive, chip and putt contest, this event will do more to grow the game than anything the USGA has ever done.

>

They don't give a toss about growing the game anymore than the USGA.

Scheduling their event opposite the LPGA's first big event of the year on US soil doesn't help grow anything.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> @JaNelson38 said:

> > @aliikane said:

> > I dont' get why Augusta National didn't host an LPGA event there before the Ladies Amateur. It would be one of if not the highest rated LPGA event if they had a LPGA Masters. It would be such a good event to watch the best women in the world compete at Augusta. Perhaps, Augusta national is using the Ladies Amateur as a tester event to see how it will go before embarking on a full scale LPGA event.

>

> Because they dont have time. They spend a better part of a month prepping the course for the Masters. They're closed all summer. As it stands right now, the members there only get to play about 6 months out of the year.

>

> Gotta remember that this Ladies Am event is just a one-day event at Augusta, just like the D/C/P. Its a lot easier for the grounds crew to maintain the course for the Masters itself with 30 or so players playing one round, as opposed to a 4-day LPGA event with many more players. The folks at Augusta National set their schedule to revolve around the Masters - if the D/C/P or this Ladies Am event in any way affected how the course would look/play for the Masters itself, they wouldnt hold those events there.

Not to argue but...AN is hosting two days. One practice round and then the final round of this event. Friday/Saturday

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @18majors said:

> > Only 30 players will play the final round at ANGC on Saturday, April 6.

> > There'll be a playoff at #17 and #18 holes, if there're ties that exceeds 30 players.

>

> Where did you read this? I've looked at the official site and I can't find this information.

The tournament schedule lists a Round 2 Playoff that will be shown online.

https://www.anwagolf.com/en_US/schedule.html

Click on Thursday

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @18majors said:

> > Only 30 players will play the final round at ANGC on Saturday, April 6.

> > There'll be a playoff at #17 and #18 holes, if there're ties that exceeds 30 players.

>

> Where did you read this? I've looked at the official site and I can't find this information.

Please view the video 2:00 mark.

I think these girls will go quite low at ANGC. I randomly played nine holes with Atthaya Thitikul (#8 ranked amateur in the world) on Saturday and she was amazing. Honestly one of the most random/coolest moments of my life that I will always remember. She shot a casual -2 under, first time seeing the course and from the tips. These girls are real good!

I think the ANWA is a great idea. I just wish Augusta National & Augusta Country Club would partner to bring back the Titleholders Championship, the women's professional event that used to be played at ACC. Maybe they could play first three rounds at ACC with the final round at AN. The Titleholders is a big piece of golf history in Augusta.

> @duffer987 said:

> > @MountainGoat said:

> > Like the drive, chip and putt contest, this event will do more to grow the game than anything the USGA has ever done.

> >

>

> They don't give a toss about growing the game anymore than the USGA.

> Scheduling their event opposite the LPGA's first big event of the year on US soil doesn't help grow anything.

Wait?!? ANGC and The Masters scheduled their event opposite the ANA?!? Lol That’s some funny s***.

> @CCTxGolf said:

>

>

> > @duffer987 said:

> > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > Like the drive, chip and putt contest, this event will do more to grow the game than anything the USGA has ever done.

> > >

> >

> > They don't give a toss about growing the game anymore than the USGA.

> > Scheduling their event opposite the LPGA's first big event of the year on US soil doesn't help grow anything.

>

> Wait?!? ANGC and The Masters scheduled their event opposite the ANA?!? Lol That’s some funny ****.

>

>

Have you people been hiding under a rock or something?

> @CCTxGolf said:

>

>

> > @duffer987 said:

> > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > Like the drive, chip and putt contest, this event will do more to grow the game than anything the USGA has ever done.

> > >

> >

> > They don't give a toss about growing the game anymore than the USGA.

> > Scheduling their event opposite the LPGA's first big event of the year on US soil doesn't help grow anything.

>

> Wait?!? ANGC and The Masters scheduled their event opposite the ANA?!? Lol That’s some funny ****.

>

>

That only effects maybe 4 players on whether they play in the ANA or the ANWA.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

> @BrianMcG said:

> > @CCTxGolf said:

> >

> >

> > > @duffer987 said:

> > > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > > Like the drive, chip and putt contest, this event will do more to grow the game than anything the USGA has ever done.

> > > >

> > >

> > > They don't give a toss about growing the game anymore than the USGA.

> > > Scheduling their event opposite the LPGA's first big event of the year on US soil doesn't help grow anything.

> >

> > Wait?!? ANGC and The Masters scheduled their event opposite the ANA?!? Lol That’s some funny ****.

> >

> >

> That only effects maybe 4 players on whether they play in the ANA or the ANWA.

>

Yeah, but you're talking about the #2, #3, #4, and #11 ranked amateurs in the world.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @BrianMcG said:

> > > @CCTxGolf said:

> > >

> > >

> > > > @duffer987 said:

> > > > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > > > Like the drive, chip and putt contest, this event will do more to grow the game than anything the USGA has ever done.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > They don't give a toss about growing the game anymore than the USGA.

> > > > Scheduling their event opposite the LPGA's first big event of the year on US soil doesn't help grow anything.

> > >

> > > Wait?!? ANGC and The Masters scheduled their event opposite the ANA?!? Lol That’s some funny ****.

> > >

> > >

> > That only effects maybe 4 players on whether they play in the ANA or the ANWA.

> >

>

> Yeah, but you're talking about the #2, #3, #4, and #11 ranked amateurs in the world.

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @BrianMcG said:

> > > @CCTxGolf said:

> > >

> > >

> > > > @duffer987 said:

> > > > > Like the drive, chip and putt contest, this event will do more to grow the game than anything the USGA has ever done.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Scheduling their event opposite the LPGA's first big event of the year on US soil doesn't help grow anything.

> > >

> > > Wait?!? ANGC and The Masters scheduled their event opposite the ANA?!? Lol That’s some funny ****.

> > >

> > >

> > That only effects maybe 4 players on whether they play in the ANA or the ANWA.

> >

>

> Yeah, but you're talking about the #2, #3, #4, and #11 ranked amateurs in the world.

Amateur rankings aren't as dependable as professional world rankings. They all play different schedule, tournaments outside of the US and the UK are either slighted or not counted at all.

Also, tournaments aren't weighted; results two years ago count as much as results from last week. This hurts players age 17 or younger.

> @pollo said:

> It's unfortunate for the women who got their invite to the tournament and excited to play competitively at ANGC only to find out it's only the final round, and only if you make the cut, so not even all the invitee's will play there. Especially since, you know, it's called the "AUGUSTA NATIONAL Women's Amateur".

The whole field gets to play Augusta the day before the final round

> @rushfan96 said:

> > @pollo said:

> > It's unfortunate for the women who got their invite to the tournament and excited to play competitively at ANGC only to find out it's only the final round, and only if you make the cut, so not even all the invitee's will play there. Especially since, you know, it's called the "AUGUSTA NATIONAL Women's Amateur".

>

>

> The whole field gets to play Augusta the day before the final round

>

They just posted that again on GC-all 72 players get to play the practice round at AN.> @Argonne69 said:

> > @BrianMcG said:

> > > @CCTxGolf said:

> > >

> > >

> > > > @duffer987 said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

It is, in my opinion, a bad optic for AN. As in "who cares if there is a women's major"? We are the home of the Masters and don't care about women's golf outside our event.

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @CCTxGolf said:

> >

> >

> > > @duffer987 said:

> > > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > > Like the drive, chip and putt contest, this event will do more to grow the game than anything the USGA has ever done.

> > > >

> > >

> > > They don't give a toss about growing the game anymore than the USGA.

> > > Scheduling their event opposite the LPGA's first big event of the year on US soil doesn't help grow anything.

> >

> > Wait?!? ANGC and The Masters scheduled their event opposite the ANA?!? Lol That’s some funny ****.

> >

> >

>

> Have you people been hiding under a rock or something?

Sheesh. That really flew over yalls heads. What I’m saying is it’s laughable to think ANGC needs to or would consider a scheduling conflict with anything the LPGA would ever do.

Playing ANGC is the opportunity of a lifetime for these girls even if they only qualify for the Friday practice round. I doubt skipping this for the pool party ever even crossed the ams minds.

> @pollo said:

> It's unfortunate for the women who got their invite to the tournament and excited to play competitively at ANGC only to find out it's only the final round, and only if you make the cut, so not even all the invitee's will play there. Especially since, you know, it's called the "AUGUSTA NATIONAL Women's Amateur".

They knew this a year ago when the tournament was announced.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

> @pollo said:

Okay, here's the guy that's been hiding under a rock, lol.

> @CCTxGolf said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @CCTxGolf said:

> > >

> > >

> > > > @duffer987 said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Have you people been hiding under a rock or something?

>

> Sheesh. That really flew over yalls heads. What I’m saying is it’s laughable to think ANGC needs to or would consider a scheduling conflict with anything the LPGA would ever do.

>

> Playing ANGC is the opportunity of a lifetime for these girls even if they only qualify for the Friday practice round. I doubt skipping this for the pool party ever even crossed the ams minds.

>

Sometimes, I can be a little slow. I just won't admit it.

> @Shilgy said:

> > @rushfan96 said:

> > > @pollo said:

> > > It's unfortunate for the women who got their invite to the tournament and excited to play competitively at ANGC only to find out it's only the final round, and only if you make the cut, so not even all the invitee's will play there. Especially since, you know, it's called the "AUGUSTA NATIONAL Women's Amateur".

> >

> >

> > The whole field gets to play Augusta the day before the final round

> >

>

> They just posted that again on GC-all 72 players get to play the practice round at AN.> @Argonne69 said:

> > > @BrianMcG said:

> > > > @CCTxGolf said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @duffer987 said:

> > > > > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > > > > Like the drive, chip and putt contest, this event will do more to grow the game than anything the USGA has ever done.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > They don't give a toss about growing the game anymore than the USGA.

> > > > > Scheduling their event opposite the LPGA's first big event of the year on US soil doesn't help grow anything.

> > > >

> > > > Wait?!? ANGC and The Masters scheduled their event opposite the ANA?!? Lol That’s some funny ****.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > That only effects maybe 4 players on whether they play in the ANA or the ANWA.

> > >

> >

> > Yeah, but you're talking about the #2, #3, #4, and #11 ranked amateurs in the world.

>

> It is, in my opinion, a bad optic for AN. As in "who cares if there is a women's major"? We are the home of the Masters and don't care about women's golf outside our event.

I think its one of the things that they got stuck in. They cant run it the week after The Masters, I feel the membership would throw a fit. I base that on the courses get absolutely packed after a PGA event. Im sure a lot of the members are bringing friends, business partners and whathave you out to try tournament conditions. I hate Glen Abbey but me and some buddies (try to) play it from as far back as the course has open after every Canadian Open. Its always a crap shoot, crowded, and takes a lot longer to play, but its busy and people love trying their hand at it. I dont think Augusta members would be that different. Glen Abbey usually only keeps it set up in tournament conditions until friday, and saturday is back to normal or as close to normal conditions as possible.

So the ladies get stuck playing the week end before the masters.

> @Tasals said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @rushfan96 said:

> > > > @pollo said:

> > > > It's unfortunate for the women who got their invite to the tournament and excited to play competitively at ANGC only to find out it's only the final round, and only if you make the cut, so not even all the invitee's will play there. Especially since, you know, it's called the "AUGUSTA NATIONAL Women's Amateur".

> > >

> > >

> > > The whole field gets to play Augusta the day before the final round

> > >

> >

> > They just posted that again on GC-all 72 players get to play the practice round at AN.> @Argonne69 said:

> > > > @BrianMcG said:

> > > > > @CCTxGolf said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > @duffer987 said:

> > > > > > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > > > > > Like the drive, chip and putt contest, this event will do more to grow the game than anything the USGA has ever done.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They don't give a toss about growing the game anymore than the USGA.

> > > > > > Scheduling their event opposite the LPGA's first big event of the year on US soil doesn't help grow anything.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wait?!? ANGC and The Masters scheduled their event opposite the ANA?!? Lol That’s some funny ****.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > That only effects maybe 4 players on whether they play in the ANA or the ANWA.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah, but you're talking about the #2, #3, #4, and #11 ranked amateurs in the world.

> >

> > It is, in my opinion, a bad optic for AN. As in "who cares if there is a women's major"? We are the home of the Masters and don't care about women's golf outside our event.

>

> I think its one of the things that they got stuck in. They cant run it the week after The Masters, I feel the membership would throw a fit. I base that on the courses get absolutely packed after a PGA event. Im sure a lot of the members are bringing friends, business partners and whathave you out to try tournament conditions. I hate Glen Abbey but me and some buddies (try to) play it from as far back as the course has open after every Canadian Open. Its always a **** shoot, crowded, and takes a lot longer to play, but its busy and people love trying their hand at it. I dont think Augusta members would be that different. Glen Abbey usually only keeps it set up in tournament conditions until friday, and saturday is back to normal or as close to normal conditions as possible.

>

> So the ladies get stuck playing the week end before the masters.

I seriously doubt that any of the ladies think they "got stuck".

• Like 1

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @Tasals said:

> > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > @rushfan96 said:

> > > > > @pollo said:

> > > > > It's unfortunate for the women who got their invite to the tournament and excited to play competitively at ANGC only to find out it's only the final round, and only if you make the cut, so not even all the invitee's will play there. Especially since, you know, it's called the "AUGUSTA NATIONAL Women's Amateur".

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > The whole field gets to play Augusta the day before the final round

> > > >

> > >

> > > They just posted that again on GC-all 72 players get to play the practice round at AN.> @Argonne69 said:

> > > > > @BrianMcG said:

> > > > > > @CCTxGolf said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @duffer987 said:

> > > > > > > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > > > > > > Like the drive, chip and putt contest, this event will do more to grow the game than anything the USGA has ever done.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They don't give a toss about growing the game anymore than the USGA.

> > > > > > > Scheduling their event opposite the LPGA's first big event of the year on US soil doesn't help grow anything.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wait?!? ANGC and The Masters scheduled their event opposite the ANA?!? Lol That’s some funny ****.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > That only effects maybe 4 players on whether they play in the ANA or the ANWA.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yeah, but you're talking about the #2, #3, #4, and #11 ranked amateurs in the world.

> > >

> > > It is, in my opinion, a bad optic for AN. As in "who cares if there is a women's major"? We are the home of the Masters and don't care about women's golf outside our event.

> >

> > I think its one of the things that they got stuck in. They cant run it the week after The Masters, I feel the membership would throw a fit. I base that on the courses get absolutely packed after a PGA event. Im sure a lot of the members are bringing friends, business partners and whathave you out to try tournament conditions. I hate Glen Abbey but me and some buddies (try to) play it from as far back as the course has open after every Canadian Open. Its always a **** shoot, crowded, and takes a lot longer to play, but its busy and people love trying their hand at it. I dont think Augusta members would be that different. Glen Abbey usually only keeps it set up in tournament conditions until friday, and saturday is back to normal or as close to normal conditions as possible.

> >

> > So the ladies get stuck playing the week end before the masters.

>

> I seriously doubt that any of the ladies think they "got stuck".

For an aspiring woman pro I would think playing in a LPGA major would be a bigger deal than a round at AN.

I too was fooled into thinking this was a big deal event hosted at Augusta. I just found out today it is two rounds at the muni to make the cut off top 30 to compete at Augusta after a practice round in the middle of a tournament???!!! Wow those old white guys at Augusta are so magnanimous. What an embarrassment. Sure, I'll go back to my rock; it's the one next to Hootie's.

> @CasualLie said:

> I too was fooled into thinking this was a big deal event hosted at Augusta. I just found out today it is two rounds at the muni to make the cut off top 30 to compete at Augusta after a practice round in the middle of a tournament???!!! Wow those old white guys at Augusta are so magnanimous. What an embarrassment. Sure, I'll go back to my rock; it's the one next to Hootie's.

All the women could just go play the ANA or somewhere else.

• Like 1