2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

In hand photos of the Ping i500 irons (MERGED)

bunta

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it confirmed that these will indeed be hollow?

Yes they will be hollow.

What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex

Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
Ping G400 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex

Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, UST Recoil 660 F3 R-Flex

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil ES 760 F3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

I’ve been refreshing this thread multiple times a day to learn more about these irons and see if they will be the ones to unseat my i20s (which the PXG and 790s both failed to do). That said, they seem to be more comparable to the PXG 0311T, where the i210s in power spec are the competitor to the regular 0311 - can those who have hit them confim if this is the case? Anxiously awaiting demo day.

So how many different new release irons will Ping have.......G400.....G700's.....i210......iblade replacement.......What am I missing?

Your money :)

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Hilarious how people on this website (that was essentially created around the release of new golf equipment) question a release of new golf equipment.

Driver PXG Black OPS 9 deg with Tensei white 65

4 wood PXG Black OPS 17 deg with Tensei white 75

Callaway Apex UT #3 driving iron with DG mid 115

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW with DG mid 115 s300

Wedges Ping S159 54s and 60s with DG s300 

Odyssey Ai-one Jailbird Cruiser 

Pro V1 

PING is going to have a real winner on their hands with these. Sleek looking, long and forgiving? These will be a hot seller.

We we suspect all of those things but no confirmation of “forgiving” yet.

I'm no expert but they do not look forgiving!

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

Those look really nice. I wonder how it would affect feel if you used the lightest weight screw and used a lot of hotmelt to get the weight back up?

You and I think exactly the same. Would love all that goo sitting in the bottom, making it an ultimate gunner.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

PING is going to have a real winner on their hands with these. Sleek looking, long and forgiving? These will be a hot seller.

We we suspect all of those things but no confirmation of “forgiving” yet.

I'm no expert but they do not look forgiving!

Why? Because it's not a thick block of metal? Supposedly same size as i200 in a slightly slimmer package.....

Hollow iron perimeter weighting...

We'll see I guess

Ive been refreshing this thread multiple times a day to learn more about these irons and see if they will be the ones to unseat my i20s (which the PXG and 790s both failed to do). That said, they seem to be more comparable to the PXG 0311T, where the i210s in power spec are the competitor to the regular 0311 - can those who have hit them confim if this is the case? Anxiously awaiting demo day.

The i20s are my last set and was hoping to find something that would knock them out of the bag ,but to no avail. I’m actually playing some PTM in DBM finish and loving them right now. That said, I am interested in these very much. Here is to trying them. Can’t wait for tomorrow.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I don't understand why anyone would want a hollow nine iron, I can see the three, four and five but it doesn't make sense to me in the short irons. Especially the target audience for this type of club. But then again weren't the i-blades pocket cavities throughout the set or no? I think they were and these are replacing those right? I guess that makes sense. I just personally would be more attracted to this set if it had solid short irons at least to the eight iron.

I don't understand why anyone would want a hollow nine iron, I can see the three, four and five but it doesn't make sense to me in the short irons. Especially the target audience for this type of club. But then again weren't the i-blades pocket cavities throughout the set or no? I think they were and these are replacing those right? I guess that makes sense. I just personally would be more attracted to this set if it had solid short irons at least to the eight iron.

Then they would be an iBlade replacement, which is not what these are. Different strokes.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

People always have to find something to b**** about. There is a market for hollow irons if they are not for you then cool. Move on

Did you drop logic on this site? Nice!

Geez man it’s like social media in general people just want to be negative and shot on everything.

RUT ROW! Unleash da beast! Back to golf I suggest....lol

People always have to find something to b**** about. There is a market for hollow irons if they are not for you then cool. Move on

Sooo, I take it you would want a hollow nine iron. I'm not b****ing at all, I'm just trying to understand the logic. So instead of explaining to me why you would want a hollow nine you decide to bash my character for "b****ing". Man social media these days I tell ya.

Cannot wait. I have been told that these may not be for me. As a 7 handicap with a 7 iron of 175 But if I can tweak the lofts correctly to create the correct gaps. It’s on. Like donkey Kong

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Sooo, I take it you would want a hollow nine iron. I'm not b****ing at all, I'm just trying to understand the logic. So instead of explaining to me why you would want a hollow nine you decide to bash my character for "b****ing". Man social media these days I tell ya.

Have you hit one before? I hit the 790’s as well as pxg and the g700. There was no difference between those and my apex irons or Bridgestone j15cb’s or my 765’s. I could flight it, I could take something off of it. It’s a club

Have you hit one before? I hit the 790’s as well as pxg and the g700. There was no difference between those and my apex irons or Bridgestone j15cb’s or my 765’s. I could flight it, I could take something off of it. It’s a club

I have not hit them, but now I don't need to, I'll just take your word for it that there is no difference, which was my original point, and save my money. So thank you and enjoy your new irons that do the same thing as your old ones.

I have not hit them, but now I don't need to, I'll just take your word for it that there is no difference and save my money. So thank you.

If you don't want a hollow nine iron, don't buy one and move on. Personally, I don't care if it's hollow or filled with pixie dust. If it looks, good, feels good, and performs, I'll give it a shot.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Im going to power spec the 4/5/6 then standard the 7/8/9 and have a retro W if i can dial in some better gaps. I have 15 yard gaps in my wedges that turns into less than 10 by the time i get to the 7-6 and then the 4/5 irons are almost the same if i dont hit them absolutely perfect

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Cannot wait. I have been told that these may not be for me. As a 7 handicap with a 7 iron of 175 But if I can tweak the lofts correctly to create the correct gaps. It’s on. Like donkey Kong

Supposedly 3 loft options: std based on i200, power lofts and retro...

I think it’s cool that Ping gives you the option when it comes to lofts.

Im going to power spec the 4/5/6 then standard the 7/8/9 and have a retro W if i can dial in some better gaps. I have 15 yard gaps in my wedges that turns into less than 10 by the time i get to the 7-6 and then the 4/5 irons are almost the same if i dont hit them absolutely perfect

Think I want to combo them with iblade or replacement for......looking forward to hitting

I wonder what happened? I thought today was the day they were to "officially" release the news regarding the i500 and i210. Oh well..... I'm going to my fitting tomorrow anyway, with or without the fitting set. I'm not sure how that's going to go considering that they've sent back their i200 set, which would be the closest set to the i500 from what I gather. I guess I'll get fitted for the iBlade and see if they can translate the results to the i500. Our guy is pretty tight with the Ping.