2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

Who else is playing in that thing?

fong, gmen, hoop, ogre, new guy, new guy, kent, kent's son (even though I only have an entry form from one of them, and the other one told me that he sent two entry forms in), tex, golfer827, goosehook, abb, aiyer, ober, ash, mark r., Cbass, 2More, Eagle.

I assume others will play if the weather is nice that day.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Pete dye golf club and congressional. Just don’t care that much

I hate grow the game. 96% of it is either people trying to make money (golf channel, mnfrs, PGA of america, pga tour, etc) or what I call golfers guilt.

Also don’t care that much about snow on the ground. The break is probably good for me. I’ve been working out so hard too. Being able to do that with no concern for daily soreness is good. Gotta remember the chocolate milk post workout.

Playing in the hive ground hog day tourney. A month ago “I’m going to play a couple hive tournaments this yearâ€. City “no you’re notâ€. Lol.

Golfers guilt?

Or maybe realizing golf takes too long for a lot of people, expensive, etc

So attempt to change, so we get more people playing the game. Instead of the small percentage of people that love and are addicted to it.

If you do not grow then you stay the same...

If *I* don't grow, but, I'm not the game. "The world" will tell the golf industry what size the game is supposed to be. "Growing the game" is not something I care about. It's something the industry cares about.

(is that too argumentative? i'm not trying to be, I swear. Heckin' snow.)

Golfer's Guilt, if I get what 2More is saying, is similar to any kind of "moneyed guilt".

Certain people know that they have tons of time, and leisure, and money, more than they know what to do with (or that they feel they actually deserve). . .so donating a two year old set of golf clubs to the First Tee and telling themselves they're helping to "grow the game" assuages some of that guilt.

Ask one of these guys if he's willing to give up his club one Saturday a month to let kids play out there and see how into "growing the game" he is.

Sort of on this topic, I just finished a very interesting book called "Winners Take All : The Elite Charade of Changing the World". Its primary thesis is that the high wealth charity that is done worldwide serves to benefit the rich and powerful at least as much as it does the people they're helping (usually through "win-win" business solutions to supposedly create "opportunity" for the destitute), and that truly sacrificing (in many ways he lays out in the book) would be more useful, but these people aren't willing to do that. I'm not going to go into all the arguments he lays out in the book, but he makes a good case.

Anyway, you can look at something like "The First Tee" through that prism. There's nothing wrong with "the first tee", per se, but let's not think that getting a few kids out chipping balls and teaching them that in golf you call penalties on yourself, so therefore they have integrity in life is actually making a meaningful societal change. (lots more stuff edited out here because it's getting too deep into politics)

Like anything in life .. it is what you perceived to be growing the game.

The hive is an example .. do not have a club? Join the hive and experience what we have to offer.

Chen jr is a prime example. Coming out and playing with the big boys so to say.

If you put monetary value on things then that is all you will see. How about life lessons, examples of golf being fun, challenging, etc

Like the 7s... removing what golf is suppose to be and just playing a game we love.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

fong, gmen, hoop, ogre, new guy, new guy, kent, kent's son (even though I only have an entry form from one of them, and the other one told me that he sent two entry forms in), tex, golfer827, goosehook, abb, aiyer, ober, ash, mark r., Cbass, 2More, Eagle.

Me too

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

Me too

2018 is over, Siegel.

Me too

I don't have you in the sheets.

if anyone thinks they're in that I didn't list above, can you re-register?

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Me too

Not anymore you're not.

#contractthegame

what's the proportion of NET entries to Gross ones? mayhaps GoTime and I can fill out city and 2More's foursome... totally dependent on if i don't have to hold out to play with a late-signing up hivemore single member.

i know GT would be very interested in seeing city's game up close. he's been IG'ing him all winter.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I see that Golf Digest has put out the latest Top 100 list. Not much has changed. I have played 47 of the top 50. #31 (Alotian) & #32 (Gozzer Ranch) I have not played and have not idea of how to get to them. I have 89 of the top 100 done and that number dropped from 92 completed. I do not think anyone can catch up to this list and complete it as it changes every two years.

Some thoughts, PH#2, Sabonack, Seminole and Medinah #3 didn't belong on this list. Of course it’s splitting hairs all over the Top 100.

Laurel Valley,Sahalee, BelAir and Torrey Pines all dropped out of the top 100. Played all of these courses. Cabot Lodge was not on the list maybe because it is not in the US, but it is close enough. Long Island has two courses that I think are just great, Frair's Head and Fisher's Island. I could play these everyday for the rest of my life.

Bandon has every course now in the top 200. Sand Hills will most likely be in the top 10 soon, I have played it before it was in top 100.

GTT

How many top 100 you have done

I did play the (newly restored) Los Angeles Country Club North this year, and it immediately vaulted to the top of my list. Absolutely phenomenal golf course on an amazingly expansive (and expensive) piece of property. We played the U.S. Open tees at over 7500 yards, par 70.

Can't say enough about the course.

Obee, I'll get you a tee time at Los Feliz and you get me one at LACC?

Deal? Cool.

gillis tripling down on the "kuch didn't pay the local caddie more than $3K after he won" narrative.

https://twitter.com/tcgillis?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

seems adamant that he is right. also seems adamant that he will get the caddie paid.

kuch totally denied it when questioned after saturday's round at sony, saying "that's not a story."

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

gillis tripling down on the "kuch didn't pay the local caddie more than $3K after he won" narrative.

https://twitter.com/...erp|twgr^author

seems adamant that he is right. also seems adamant that he will get the caddie paid.

kuch totally denied it when questioned after saturday's round at sony, saying "that's not a story."

Legitimate security reasons for this guy why he may not want his actual pay getting out.

Good that the Twitter warriors are staying on top of it. I'm glad Tom Gillis is taking care of it - whoever that is.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

no idea why it's of interest to me. it's dumb. it's my replacement for the "costco golf ball" thread which was a great distration for much 2018.

i doubt this one has that kind of staying power tho.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

So, some of the Groundhog's Day rules were "unfixed".

I think in the entry form, we said, "one re-do per team per hole, tee-to-green". Some took that to mean "not on the green".

Question 1 : should we be able to use the re-do on the green?

Also, we said "one per team per hole" but if you have players of disparate abilities, you could have one guy do all the re-do'ing.

Question 2 : Should it be one per player per hole? One per team per hole? Or a third option : one per team per hole, but the player who has the option switches each hole. "A" has the option on 1. "B" has the option on 2. etc etc.

Also, we've already pretty much decided the answers, but still willing to listen to opinions.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Kuchar said it wasn't $3,000 and it wasn't 10%

Maybe it was $300.

Maybe it was $30,000,000

That's a good point about security. Here's the Netflix Movie about this situation:

Kuchar pays him $150,000. $3,000 in official "pay", and the rest in cash. Life changing amount for the caddie. He's hesitant to accept it, especially in cash, but Kuchar assures him it's fine. A way for him to avoid paying taxes, and no one knows about the big sum.

Caddie goes home. Lays out big plans with his wife and children. They're finally able to escape their dangerous neighborhood and move somewhere more comfortable. Tells children they won't have to be caddies like him. They can be whatever they want.

Then, just as he and his wife are staring into each other's eyes in bed, recounting the good fortune they have, a graphically violent invasion leaves the entire family dead. As the invaders survey the scene, in walks.....Matt Kuchar....who grabs the bag of cash. On his way out, he tells his assailants to find $3,000 worth of items they can sell.

Matt Kuchar provides no charity.

You're f****** welcome, NLU

Maybe it was $300.

Maybe it was $30,000,000

That's a good point about security. Here's the Netflix Movie about this situation:

Kuchar pays him $150,000. $3,000 in official "pay", and the rest in cash. Life changing amount for the caddie. He's hesitant to accept it, especially in cash, but Kuchar assures him it's fine. A way for him to avoid paying taxes, and no one knows about the big sum.

Caddie goes home. Lays out big plans with his wife and children. They're finally able to escape their dangerous neighborhood and move somewhere more comfortable. Tells children they won't have to be caddies like him. They can be whatever they want.

Then, just as he and his wife are staring into each other's eyes in bed, recounting the good fortune they have, a graphically violent invasion leaves the entire family dead. As the invaders survey the scene, in walks.....Matt Kuchar....who grabs the bag of cash. On his way out, he tells his assailants to find $3,000 worth of items they can sell.

<PretendThatThe"DidWeJustBecomeBestFriends"GIFisHereButICan'tMakeItWorkProperlyBecauseI'mNotSmart>

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Maybe it was $300.

Maybe it was $30,000,000

Roma 2 : Day of the Soldado.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Liam Neeson better make an appearance in this movie.

Just saw the first official trailer last night where he's a snow plow driver and his family gets killed, so he's out for revenge.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Scene : Kuchar and his posse have just bloodily assassinated the entire El Toucan family. They've got their cash. They've gathered up their $3000 worth of retribution, and they're leaving the casa.

There's a small sound of shuffling feet. The posse turns around.

A little boy walks out of his bed room. Messy hair. A teddy bear hanging from one hand. He rubs the sleep from his eyes and looks up at Matt Kuchar.

Kuchar locks eyes with him. Takes puff of his cigar.

Kuchar's club guy : "you're not gonna kill him, are ya, Matt?"

Kuchar takes cigar from mouth : ". . . . . .well. . .now that he knows my name. . ."

giphy.gif

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Scene : Kuchar and his posse have just bloodily assassinated the entire El Toucan family. They've got their cash. They've gathered up their $3000 worth of retribution, and they're leaving the casa.

A little boy walks out of his bed room. Messy hair. A teddy bear hanging from one hand. He rubs the sleep from his eyes and looks up at Matt Kuchar.

Kuchar takes cigar from mouth : ". . . . . .well. . .now that he knows my name. . ."

giphy.gif

When does Tom Gillis track down Kuchar and bring justice? Or is that an entirely different movie?

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

giphy.gif

When does Tom Gillis track down Kuchar and bring justice? Or is that an entirely different movie?

Tom Gillis is Kuch's first victim. Keep up.

Detective Tom Gillis had just retired from the PGA Counter-Terrorism agency after his longtime partner Terry Gannon was shot and killed during an attempt at an impromptu press conference with Patrick Reed to ask why he doesn't speak with his family anymore.

Detective Tom Gillis hears about El Toucan and his family....and gets back in the game one....last......time....to make things right.