MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

No middle finger at all. Just every time someone plays a good course it is the best in the world. What are you comparing it too. Clifton Park -- Waverly -- Worthngton. It is splitting hairs between the top 50 with only 7.5 point separating #1 and #50

Kent...

Not everyone has the opportunities to play these top courses.

So instead of having a measuring contest... you could simply recommend people playing this or that course. And tell us stories.

This is an example of what is wrong with golf in general.

#growthegame

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Kent -- I like hearing about where you've played and your opinions on courses.

FTR, I've played 5 of the courses. All four at Bandon and Bethpage. I got married at Aronimink, however.

It's not my move to "seek out" playing a good course, or try to throw my hat in with someone. If something "floats by", like Caves, I'll consider it.

I'm sure eventually I'll get some of those Michigan/Wisconsin courses, and Pinehurst.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

The list that most of us would be able to draw from is the Top 100 You Can Play - or if thats a Golf Magazine term, I think GD uses Top 100 Public.

If I look at a Top 100 list and Pine Valley, Cypress and Augusta are the top 3, I dont even bother reading the rest of it.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

No middle finger at all. Just every time someone plays a good course it is the best in the world. What are you comparing it too. Clifton Park -- Waverly -- Worthngton.

But, I will say this. . .if you actually took the time to read why we wrote about some of these courses (and I doubt that you do), you'd see that we have perfectly good reasons THAT WE'VE ARTICULATED plenty of times, for liking these courses without needing to tack on ". . .but of course, it's no Augusta" to the end.

I think at some point, that's a given.

For all your experience on some of these great courses, you never seem to have much to say about course design, hole design, or why something is bad or good, or how to play a hole, except "hit it to the 150".

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

The list that most of us would be able to draw from is the Top 100 You Can Play - or if thats a Golf Magazine term, I think GD uses Top 100 Public.

If I look at a Top 100 list and Pine Valley, Cypress and Augusta are the top 3, I dont even bother reading the rest of it.

Speaking of Golf Magazine, did anyone get the new issue?

It's looks like -- on the surface -- The Golfer's Journal. It's big and thick and "squarish" and nicely bound. But, not as nice as TGJ, of course. It's kind of in between what it used to be and TGJ. It's under new management, which has partnered with these other organizations (this is all in the "from the editor" part of the magazine).

The content seems pretty similar on my first flip-thru, but it's a big difference.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Kent..

I would still invite you to come play woodmore but we do not have 150 yard markers..

protos F4

It's looks like -- on the surface -- The Golfer's Journal. It's big and thick and "squarish" and nicely bound. But, not as nice as TGJ, of course. It's kind of in between what it used to be and TGJ. It's under new management, which has partnered with these other organizations (this is all in the "from the editor" part of the magazine).

The content seems pretty similar on my first flip-thru, but it's a big difference.

Have not seen it yet. I know I've said it before but I am coming up on the end of my initial subscription and TGJ was definitely a really good purchase decision. Definitely a luxury item but IMO its absolutely worth the cost if you like longform articles or really good golf photography.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Have not seen it yet. I know I've said it before but I am coming up on the end of my initial subscription and TGJ was definitely a really good purchase decision. Definitely a luxury item but IMO its absolutely worth the cost if you like longform articles or really good golf photography.

VonOberhausen got me a subscription for Christmas. My first issue just arrived. Think I will run through it over coffee this morning…

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

VonOberhausen got me a subscription for Christmas. My first issue just arrived. Think I will run through it over coffee this morning…

Coffee for the next few mornings.

I think that since it started, I've bought 2 of the first 6(?). I check out what the articles are for each new issue, and also see if I'm going to have the time to read it and then I'll get one. You don't take a big hit if you buy them piecemeal.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I see that Golf Digest has put out the latest Top 100 list. Not much has changed. I have played 47 of the top 50. #31 (Alotian) & #32 (Gozzer Ranch) I have not played and have not idea of how to get to them. I have 89 of the top 100 done and that number dropped from 92 completed. I do not think anyone can catch up to this list and complete it as it changes every two years.

Some thoughts, PH#2, Sabonack, Seminole and Medinah #3 didn't belong on this list. Of course it’s splitting hairs all over the Top 100.

Laurel Valley,Sahalee, BelAir and Torrey Pines all dropped out of the top 100. Played all of these courses. Cabot Lodge was not on the list maybe because it is not in the US, but it is close enough. Long Island has two courses that I think are just great, Frair's Head and Fisher's Island. I could play these everyday for the rest of my life.

Bandon has every course now in the top 200. Sand Hills will most likely be in the top 10 soon, I have played it before it was in top 100.

GTT

How many top 100 you have done

<Imagine "Winthorp's" voice from Trading Places>

"You've played eighty-nine? Well I've played one hundred and seven of them."

Did Tex just get mad at someone for telling the internet how great their golf life is?

You can twist it like that... I will never bring negativity to other golfers.

Just did not see the need to bring up our public courses for us gauging top 100 courses

#nothingchanges

protos F4

GTT : I've played 7 - all 4 at Bandon, Merion, Pinehurst #2, and Congressional Blue Course.

I'm not trying to catch them all like pokemon, but I really enjoy playing new courses. So I'll certainly play it less cool than City, and try to get out where I can.

I may get a few more in the mid-atlantic in coming years if I'm lucky, but the biggest barrier to me seeing more (golf courses in general, not just top 100) is that I just don't travel much. I'd really like to just see golf in different parts of the country, and eventually world. I've never played any desert golf courses. I'd like to make it up to the great lakes to see Wisconsin, and Michigan. I've never seen anything in the midwest. I'd love to play the different links of Scotland and Ireland.

Somewhat to Kent's point in the second post, although it doesn't just apply to playing top 100s - playing different courses definitely feels like it's shaped my thoughts about golf courses over time.

I see that Golf Digest has put out the latest Top 100 list. Not much has changed. I have played 47 of the top 50. #31 (Alotian) & #32 (Gozzer Ranch) I have not played and have not idea of how to get to them. I have 89 of the top 100 done and that number dropped from 92 completed. I do not think anyone can catch up to this list and complete it as it changes every two years.

Some thoughts, PH#2, Sabonack, Seminole and Medinah #3 didn't belong on this list. Of course it’s splitting hairs all over the Top 100.

Laurel Valley,Sahalee, BelAir and Torrey Pines all dropped out of the top 100. Played all of these courses. Cabot Lodge was not on the list maybe because it is not in the US, but it is close enough. Long Island has two courses that I think are just great, Frair's Head and Fisher's Island. I could play these everyday for the rest of my life.

Bandon has every course now in the top 200. Sand Hills will most likely be in the top 10 soon, I have played it before it was in top 100.

GTT

I did play the (newly restored) Los Angeles Country Club North this year, and it immediately vaulted to the top of my list. Absolutely phenomenal golf course on an amazingly expansive (and expensive) piece of property. We played the U.S. Open tees at over 7500 yards, par 70.

Can't say enough about the course.

Did Tex just get mad at someone for telling the internet how great their golf life is?

Just did not see the need to bring up our public courses for us gauging top 100 courses

#nothingchanges

Or here's a good idea for anyone and everyone. If what someone posts on social media bothers you to the point that you are constantly complaining/commenting/snide remarking on it - crazy idea I know - but maybe just stop following them? Seems like you'd be better off as would we.

Example - Fabb keeps on flaunting his ability to afford such luxuries as a "garage" and "hitting net", so I had to unfollow him.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Somewhat to Kent's point in the second post, although it doesn't just apply to playing top 100s - playing different courses definitely feels like it's shaped my thoughts about golf courses over time.

Its definitely shaped my interest in getting out to see other parts of the country/world that I probably would not have done if it weren't for golf. If there was no golf in Wisconsin, there's zero chance I would have been interested in getting up there to check out Milwaukee or any of the surrounding area.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Fabb that is the point. Playing different courses is fun. Not to long ago many on here did not or could not see how anyone could belong to a CC with all the stuffy people. How it appears many have seen the reasons why it is good deal.

I would think everyone would enjoy playing new places every week if possible.

Tex shame on you

#nothingchanges

Or here's a good idea for anyone and everyone. If what someone posts on social media bothers you to the point that you are constantly complaining/commenting/snide remarking on it - crazy idea I know - but maybe just stop following them? Seems like you'd be better off as would we.

Example - Fabb keeps on flaunting his ability to afford such luxuries as a "garage" and "hitting net", so I had to unfollow him.

Fabb is a legit social media/trend infuencer. When I saw that mustache of his, I then went on some internet videos where a lonely bored housewife calls in a plumber to fix her sink, and then the plumber does a few "add on" services that he doesn't appear to charge for and they remove all their clothes, and all of those guys had that SAME mustache.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

OK. Weather dependent resolution.

I'm not going to get into it with people about anything while all this snow is on the ground.

If I normally get into it with people, that's just because I'm a disagreeable grump.

But, if there's snow on the ground, and I'm getting into it with people, I don't know if that's sincere, or if it's because of external forces outside of my control.

So, if anyone wants to talk about how they're pretty sure they're going to get 10 more yards out of this year's Callaway Rebel Driver using Blockchain Technology in the hosel, this is definitely the time.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

GTT

Sure. Why not. 8/100. Will knock off PH2 this year. Anticipate knocking off 4 Bandon courses in 2020.

The Country Club

Whistling Straits (Straits)

Baltusrol (Lower)

Erin Hills

Essex County Club

Myopia Hunt Club

Congressional

Blackwolf Run (River)

Most memorable part? That I was able to play 6/8 with my old man. I'm not looking forward to the day when I can't share courses like those with him.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Fabb is a legit social media/trend infuencer. When I saw that mustache of his, I then went on some internet videos where a lonely bored housewife calls in a plumber to fix her sink, and then the plumber does a few "add on" services that he doesn't appear to charge for and they remove all their clothes, and all of those guys had that SAME mustache.

I believe Fabb is what the kids call an "influencer".

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

There must be snow on the ground because the snarkiness in here is real today.

hence my moratorium.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green