MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

Worst time was landing when the wings were going left and right all the way down.

Beats a c-17 combat landing but still took me 3 day’s to recover after that.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

You can take him. He hands out strokes like candy :)

protos F4

"Sterling sounds like a real player"

Then what would you call a guy who beats him at Airwolf at Little Bennett?

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

For no good reason, I googled, "divots from christ" and I got a link to a book called "Deadly Divots : A golf Murder Mystery". It's unbelievable.

"I approached slowly like Tiger considering a difficult lie."

"Fitch smirked at the stiff as if it had cost him a two stroke penalty."

The course is on Long Island, but the narrator describes, "waters rolling from their mountain springs with a soft inland murmur."

"Which door to choose? The lady or the tiger? Would on door admit me to a Pleasure Palace? Would another release a club-swinging yuppie intent on making a divot in my cranium? Xanadu or Xanadon't?"

"It was easy to find the caddy shack beyond the garbage compactor out behind the clubhouse. It was not easy to tell which smelled worse."

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

This is fantastic!

Check out this line:

"He bought the only Saddam Hussein autographed driver in existence, The Mother of All Clubs."

and

"I can still see those fairways, rolling like tropical seas, those greens more even than pool tables."

which makes me think the author doesn't actually play golf.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

This just became my favorite Google Summary off a search:www.golfwrx.com › ... › G.WRX Academy › Rules of Golf and EtiquetteCreating divots on par 3's - Rules of Golf and Etiquette - GolfWRX

Oct 31, 2017 - Sometimes there aren't any divots on the tee, so i make a practice swing and make a big divot on purpose. Then i place my ball. ... Jesus Christ.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

I'm in Monrovia. My cats bolted like I've never seen before. Then I heard wind slammed the side of my house. That's all I needed. Grabbed my wife two dogs and to the basement we went. It was wild there for a bit. Thankfully we didn't get any damage. A house a short par 4 from us had a huge tree just miss. The farm across 80 had bad damage. Enough that he said he can't rebuild. Sad for him.

F'ing stoked to watch my buddy JJ race at Daytona today. No big money team, guy builds all his own cars in his home garage. Hoping it goes better than the last race I watched.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Inaugural round with QBert* yesterday. Results: mixed. Didn't make a birdie until the final hole (18). Hit putts typically 4-6 feet too firm... And didn't make all those comebackers. Also missed a couple chances to 1 putt from inside 6 to complete the up and down to save par.

The good stuff: fantastic feel and roll. Inside 4 feet felt automatic. Hit it where I aimed, for the most part. Will need a bunch of time to recalibrate distances vs the Odyssey. I like practicing putting, so it just gives me a reason to do it more. 17 days till PH. Can't be a work in progress at that point on those greens!

Met up today with GMen at Timbers to deliver the One Lengths. They've done some work there... I saw new fringes on the putting green. Course looked pretty good from what I could see. We putted around for half an hour shooting the s*** before heading home. Just a beauty of an winter afternoon, glad I got to be outside for a little bit.

*Potential putter name. Taking suggestions from the Threadizens. Bonus points if your option invokes the WRX filter.

• Like 1

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Great golf weekend here. Wife is getting ready for a big show so I got the green light for both days. Saturday, played against Q and D and they were TOUGH. They didn't make a bogey until the 18th hole, but we managed to eke out a tie on the back to save a few bucks. They were making birdies and sandies, and bombs, but we kept it reasonably close.

Yesterday was a cluster buck.

Tee times started at 9. We've got 9:38. Course says there's a frost delay, and they're going to update at 9:30. I figure it will be 10 ish, so I get there around 9:45. They tell me they're not opening until 11:30! I almost left right then, but I decide I'll just bash balls off mats and tees for a while and the place is FILLING UP because it's so nice out. At 10:45, the pro comes by and goes, "we're going to open at 11 and you have the first time. No one showed up who was before you." So I text the boys and say, "get your butts down here."

It's 10:59 and the putting green is filled with people and none of my guys are there. A foursome of women starts going to the tee right at 11 RIGHT when my second guy gets there. Pro comes out and tells us to go first. We play 2 holes together before our other 2 guys show up.

They should have stayed home.

Let me put it this way : In addition to the fourball, I've got a singles match going against TVJ. He hit 16 greens yesterday and I beat him 5&4, so it was sort of on. On hole 11 (after me and partner both birdied) the guy on the other team goes, "can we just buy you out for $16?" That would have ended up costing us money.

I definitely have not played this much Dec-Feb golf ever.

TVJ hit 16 greens. The ones he missed, hole 1 where he rolled out of his car and his a tee shot 30 seconds later. And, he actually DID hit the green, but spun his ball back off the front. He missed the 10th green, but was in the front fringe, and had a putt. He just didn't make anything all day and had a couple 3 putts.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I did not get out until late yesterday afternoon. It was pretty nice in the morning then between the time I got in my car and got to the course (less than 15 minutes) it got colder and the wind picked up pretty good. Ended up hitting a few balls and then putting for a half hour or so. Looks like one cold snap this week but otherwise no snow in the ten day forecast. Maybe 4 more Mondays left where we have to dodge snow in the 10 day.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

This has been the most golf-friendly winter I've ever experienced in this area. We're closing in on the middle of February, and we've had essentially zero snow. We've had zero extended cold periods. We've had a plethora of 50+ degree days. There's usually at least a few spurts where one or both of those things shut down golf in this area.

Despite that, I'm staying on track with putting my time an energy elsewhere for these few winter months. I played 16 holes with City once in January, and that's it since before Thanksgiving. I'm starting to putt for 10 minutes here and there inside. I've definitely got the itch, but I'm not scratching it. I'm going to be very excited to start ramping up in about 3 weeks, when early March hits, so hopefully this good weather carries over into an early spring. I'll be super bummed if I get all spun up to start playing, and we get trash weather for the first month or so of the season.

• Like 1

Got out for a round on Saturday. Putting is a little shaky, but that's to be expected w/ virtually no practice, winter greens, and screwing around with putters. Hit the ball pretty well all day but didn't convert much.

Chipping and sand game is actually feeling very solid. Mid-range wedges seem to be the main issue since I alternated between catching them a little thin and chunking them. It probably had something to do with soggy fairways too

Found out halfway through the front that I couldn't count the score because MD is out of season so that sucks. I have to take advantage of the few rounds I play with others so that they can attest scores.

Looks like Pinehurst should help out on that front, at least for a few rounds anyway. Inside the 3 week mark now and I've pretty much got my bags packed.

• Like 1

Guess I’m in the school of -

winter is when you practice and get ready for the season

My back sprain threw a wrench in that but lessons start tomorrow. Haven’t been too rusty playing.. irons still suck but went from shanking irons on the range to winning 6 skins :)

• Like 1

protos F4

Yeah buddy.

Need to commit more time into lessons and practice. However, I would rather go on the course Over bashing balls at the range

protos F4

i don't think i'm going to take more "lessons". I am going to keep up with "check ups" though. maybe every two or three months. I think it's helpful to keep me on track and to prevent me from wandering into "trying" things. By August or so last year I had a swing that was good enough. It could be better sure* but it's good enough that my time is better spent just trying to shoot lower scores.

It may not be the most efficient use of my time but I'm really looking forward to working on shots from like 60-125 yards this year. Yesterday i played a game where from 86 yards i hit shots trying to be long right, short right, long left, short left. Each time I'd hit different shapes too. Small draws and small fades. then i went to 72 yards and did the same. then i went to 122 yards and worked draws and fades in. Etc. etc. I really enjoy it.

*my primary swing fault is that i get the club laid off. Most people when they lay it off a little bit they have to get steep coming into the ball and use their hands to square the clubface. Rickie fowler and the guy that won the VIC tournament over the weekend have some of that pattern. for me it's about "good enough". i'll likely always have SOME of that pattern to my game.

I'm going to try something new this year and committed to doing a couple of one hour playing lessons. One in late March'ish and one in June or July, a month or so out from club championship time.

For me - for my game - I think I've tapped out on regular lessons. I can get to my lesson early, grove my swing for a half hour or 45 minutes on the range and then during the lesson I'm on the range, alignment stick(s) are down, camera is setup, instructor is talking about something - I can get in a pretty good grove. But that has little relation to anything I might come to on the actual course during a match. Heck for me I struggle sometimes with a simple thing like when the tee box is aimed even a few degrees off from where I'm really trying to aim. Small stuff like that. I want to be able to go out, play a few holes, work on stuff on the actual course and maybe even talk course management stuff while we are out there. So hoping I can get to that in the next month or so.

(DC late season snow jinx...activate)

But I've taken enough regular lessons in my life to realize when its time to try something new.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

"a simple thing like when the tee box is aimed even a few degrees off from where I'm really trying to aim."

I don't think this is so simple. It just SEEMS simple...I mean, just go and stand the right way! It's something everyone should be able to do perfectly, right?

Tee boxes pointing to the right of the "correct" line totally F with me. The 5th hole at PB Dye is the most extreme version of that around here, but that's so blatent that it doesn't really bug me any more. The more subtle ones really get me. I can't remember the hole number, but there was a par 5 at Bethpage Green that was really subtle about this. The fairway was tree lined and about 100 yards wide, but the box was on the right side of that wide expanse. Hole doglegs left about 350 out. So I'm aimed down the left side, feeling like my back was to the target and that I had to swing over the top to get it down my intended line. Hit a gigantic slice and barely stayed out of the trees on the right on about the widest hole I'll ever play. Many shiggles were had by my playing partners.

Yeah maybe simple is the wrong word there.

I mean as opposed to having or wanting to make major swing changes, its just on-course stuff I want to work on.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

I like another set of eyes on my swing that know my swing.

it’s a fine tune up but turns into working on stuff that I know I need to do better. Goal is to implement the stuff throughout the season.

It is easy to go back to our old ways - good or bad.

protos F4