Why does everyone say Sabatini is a jerk?

Hit em good

Everyone seems to say this. He seems fine in interviews, and was nice on Playing Lessons With The Pros.

Was wondering why he has this reputation.

Thanks guys,

hit em good

Because sometimes he did, come across ad a jerk. Some behavior and words could be misleading.

He was much more emotional ( lack of control of it , just like Sergio Garcia ) when he was younger. I think he is now much milder with age.

An other human being, put up on the pedestal to be criticized. We are good at attacking other whom lived in the lime light.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll share a true story....

I believe it was 2006. I was walking around the parking lot at a strip mall outside Augusta National. I spotted the Nike truck so I head over to check it out. The back door was open and I see Rory S sitting there. Since I am South African I figured I would head over to say hi. I get there and in Afrikaans I say "Hi Rory how's it going". He looks up at me and says "F*ck off"

True story.

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

I’ll share a tue story....

I believe it was 2006. I was walking around the parking lot at a strip mall outside Augusta National. I spotted the Nike truck so I head over to check it out. The back door was open and I see Rory S sitting there. Since I am South African I figured I would head over to say hi. I get there and in Afrikaans I say “Hi Rory how’s it goingâ€. He looks up at me and says “F*ck offâ€.

End of story.

Woo, never knew that one.

He was a A.H. Should never say that to anyone even during a bad day !

Anger management ?

Any other D1cks on tour?

Ive heard stories of Fred Couples being a total d1ck, as well as Lee Trevino, but Lee is my second fave golfer of all time so please nothing bad about him

Kuchar, Scott Piercy, Cantlay, Greg Norman, Michelle Wie, and Bubba can be. McIlroy has his moments. Spieth's caddie Greller is d*ck as well.

Kuchar

Steve Williams

Hall Sutton

Kuchar's dad and his GD free shoes

Especially Greller - wears the beard to look more formidable.

I've never been a fan of Kuchar's simply because of his dad when he was doing the majors tour as US Am champ.

Why on earth would Halimony be a surly sort? :taunt:

To Hawkeye and Pelz:

I misspelled Hal to keep with the "Steve and Gary" theme from a few weeks ago.

Any other D1cks on tour?

Ive heard stories of Fred Couples being a total d1ck, as well as Lee Trevino, but Lee is my second fave golfer of all time so please nothing bad about him

Kuchar, Scott Piercy, Cantlay, Greg Norman, Michelle Wie, and Bubba can be. McIlroy has his moments. Spieth's caddie Greller is d*ck as well.

Kuchar

Steve Williams

Hall Sutton

Kuchar's dad and his GD free shoes

Especially Greller - wears the beard to look more formidable.

I've never been a fan of Kuchar's simply because of his dad when he was doing the majors tour as US Am champ.

Why on earth would Halimony be a surly sort? :taunt:

To Hawkeye and Pelz:

I misspelled Hal to keep with the "Steve and Gary" theme from a few weeks ago.

kuchar and wie are d***s??

J.C.Snead may have been the worst when it came to treating underlings like crap.

Hi Wob :) JC’s behavior used to irritate Sam and especially Pete to no end, and they chalked it up to the “sauce,” haha. It really bothered Pete and one time before I met Richard, and this is the first time that Richard is hearing this as he has never told me this story, as he doesn’t most of the ones that were of his “other” side, though Pete told me that Richard went after JC and Pete and the two assistants had to grab and stop him and Pete knows that they wouldn’t have but Pete got in front of Richard and Richard would have never put Pete in harm’s way so he stopped. JC had been at Richard’s club down in the mens’ grille Playing cards and drinking for some time and then he was going to leave and drive his rental car to Pete’s house and Pete told him he’d drive him and he wouldn’t give Jc the keys and apparently JC flipped out and started ripping into Pete and threatened him when he wouldn’t give him the keys. Needless to say, Richard got involved and JC never got the keys and apperently he shut his mouth. Richard can fill in the blanks if he wants, hahaha. Though he is a late mention, JC is definitely the jerk of his generation :) Madison

Oh my goodness, yes.

Can you share some insight on why they are NOT?

it was a real question. Genuinely surprised those names popped up

Michelle has a reputation of being “moody,” but knowing her and having Played in a few Pro-Ams with her, though we obviously were not in the same group, she was a sweetheart and gave a clinic prior to both as they were private events at Isleworth, which may have made a difference as most of the ams were single digit/plus and it was not the usual quagmire that most tour Pro-Ams turn into. Having spent a fair amount of time with her in off-course settings, in restaurants/bars for meals/drinks, she was always polite and accommodating to those that approached her, and I’d say even more so than Richard, hahaha, who has this thing about approaching someone in the middle of their meal for an autograph, which I happen to agree with, but it didn’t bother Michelle. I’m sure that she’s had her moments, as have most of the great Players, and as Richard said, a few that are icons in the game and revered both on this board and in the public eye. I also take into consideration, that like Tiger, and I equate her as the female Tiger in this regard, and that is that since she was a small child she was thrust into the public spotlight by her parents, who had a HUGE influence on her, especially her father. I believe that as she aged and matured, she evolved as a person, and with this may have come a kinder more at ease Michelle. I think that the most accurate way to judge someone is away from the cameras and in private everyday settings, Michelle is a sweet kind approachable individual, and if one is unable to walk in another’s shoes, or at least observe them up close, it is very difficult to accurately judge them. These are just my observations of Michelle :) Madison

Boy, the best part of all this, is Richard storytelling, don’t care what it’s about.

Hope you’re well Richard!

Hi Patrick :) Richard is having eye surgery today and hopefully it will help. He is the most positive person that I know but it gives me pause when he is more optimistic than his surgeon. The funny thing is that the best stories can’t be told here because he either promised Pete or others that he would keep them to himself or obviously me and those involved, haha. He plans on coming to see you when he is healthy and if possible, I’d like to join him and we can sit around you will love some of them as I’m sure that you know the guys involved, haha. His best John Daly stories will never see the light of day but are hillarious, hahaha. Back then, Richard was almost as big of a moron as John, and thank God he had more sense than John, lmao. I know that he is going to message you but we both wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Years?? Madison

Boy, the best part of all this, is Richard storytelling, don't care what it's about.

Hope you're well Richard!

Hi Patrick :) Richard is having eye surgery today and hopefully it will help. He is the most positive person that I know but it gives me pause when he is more optimistic than his surgeon. The funny thing is that the best stories can't be told here because he either promised Pete or others that he would keep them to himself or obviously me and those involved, haha. He plans on coming to see you when he is healthy and if possible, I'd like to join him and we can sit around you will love some of them as I'm sure that you know the guys involved, haha. His best John Daly stories will never see the light of day but are hillarious, hahaha. Back then, Richard was almost as big of a moron as John, and thank God he had more sense than John, lmao. I know that he is going to message you but we both wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Years Madison

Best of luck and a little prayer sent your way!

Boy, the best part of all this, is Richard storytelling, don’t care what it’s about.

Hope you’re well Richard!

Hi Patrick :) Richard is having eye surgery today and hopefully it will help. He is the most positive person that I know but it gives me pause when he is more optimistic than his surgeon. The funny thing is that the best stories can’t be told here because he either promised Pete or others that he would keep them to himself or obviously me and those involved, haha. He plans on coming to see you when he is healthy and if possible, I’d like to join him and we can sit around you will love some of them as I’m sure that you know the guys involved, haha. His best John Daly stories will never see the light of day but are hillarious, hahaha. Back then, Richard was almost as big of a moron as John, and thank God he had more sense than John, lmao. I know that he is going to message you but we both wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Years?? Madison

You’re welcome at my club any time......give him my best for good luck with the surgery.

We will say some prayers.

Let him know we’re thinking about him!

Since this thread has gone on to other players, I'm surprised no one has brought up Scott Hoch.

Hoch, a 22-time winner, was a jerk in a good way. The blown putt at AG makes him legendary.

Great ball striker in his time.

The press once asked him, "With Tiger in the field and coming off a win, how are his chances this week?"

Hoch, "Is that a question for me, if not I have things to do."

Oh my goodness, yes.

Can you share some insight on why they are NOT?

it was a real question. Genuinely surprised those names popped up

Michelle has a reputation of being “moody,” but knowing her and having Played in a few Pro-Ams with her, though we obviously were not in the same group, she was a sweetheart and gave a clinic prior to both as they were private events at Isleworth, which may have made a difference as most of the ams were single digit/plus and it was not the usual quagmire that most tour Pro-Ams turn into. Having spent a fair amount of time with her in off-course settings, in restaurants/bars for meals/drinks, she was always polite and accommodating to those that approached her, and I’d say even more so than Richard, hahaha, who has this thing about approaching someone in the middle of their meal for an autograph, which I happen to agree with, but it didn’t bother Michelle. I’m sure that she’s had her moments, as have most of the great Players, and as Richard said, a few that are icons in the game and revered both on this board and in the public eye. I also take into consideration, that like Tiger, and I equate her as the female Tiger in this regard, and that is that since she was a small child she was thrust into the public spotlight by her parents, who had a HUGE influence on her, especially her father. I believe that as she aged and matured, she evolved as a person, and with this may have come a kinder more at ease Michelle. I think that the most accurate way to judge someone is away from the cameras and in private everyday settings, Michelle is a sweet kind approachable individual, and if one is unable to walk in another’s shoes, or at least observe them up close, it is very difficult to accurately judge them. These are just my observations of Michelle :) Madison

Hi Madison,

Please give Richard fond regards from another myopic old buzzard.

I agree that before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes - that way, when you judge them, you are at least a mile away and they are barefoot:-)

Rob

Any other D1cks on tour?

Yea, Fred’s a dbag, though again, he picks who, where and when to be an arsehole with, much like Greg Norman and contrary to what a few guys thought, I have never based my opinion of him on the fact that he wrote his tele # on a golf ball and gave it to Madison, unsolicited I might add, cuz one, he had no idea that we were dating and two, and Madison will verify this, I’m the least jealous guy she’s ever dated, lol. I based my opinion on three separate incidences at our Club that I’ve posted prior, where he was arrogant rude and & insulting to three different Club employees, one of whom was a Club Icon, a senior locker room attendant, who gave us 62 years of his life and was a Prince.

Couples also insulted the Starter, a first year Apprentice and then one of our full-time assistants, both of who are super guys, and the Asst. also out drove Couples on 2/3 drives(they had to be in the FW) off our #1 tee(pictured). There were a bunch of members on the porch, behind and above the tee, and one said “atta boy” when Jamie’s drive rolled about 10yds past Couples’ ball.

Couples, never said “nice ball,” “nice drive,” nothing and he turned around and said to no one in particular on the porch, “there’s a reason he’s folding shirts for a living and you paid to see me Play.” An older member who I love chirped, “Fred, we didn’t pay a dime to see you hit the ball, nor would I ever,” lol. I was in the locker room at the time though Madison was on the tee cuz she was in the group behind Couples and she said that it sickened her.

One of my barometers when I judge someone is how they treat those from “lesser” stations in life, and from what I saw of Couples across 4 years and three situations, he’s a spoiled entitled piece of.......

Madison, on the other hand, grew to like him and introduced him to her BFF, also a Pro, and they dated for about year and a half and while she was at her club in LA, she did a public clinic for kids at a park and one day when he was out to see her, he showed up unannounced and brought like 10-12 pizzas? for ALL the kids and their parents at the park, not just those at the clinic. While they were eating their za’s, the ice cream truck pulled in and again, Fred bought ice cream for all of the kids/parents in the park, and Maddie’s friend said there were 30-35 peeps counting kids and adults.

It was unplanned and I’ll give credit where credit is due, lol. It was a nice gesture. The cynic in me at the time said that Couples did it just to impress Madison’s friend, though Madison reminded me of my own words that why someone does good is irrelevent, only that they do good.

I hate it when she throws my own words back in my face??

In my eyes it still doesn’t make up for mistreating others when they did absolutely nothing to deserve that treatment.

Maybe he’s matured, who knows, lol

Or maybe I’ve just softened like Gumby as I age, cuz I even have softened on Norman, and he is unequivocally hands down, the biggest Tour DBag that I’ve ever encountered, lolol.

Stay well?

RP

Richard, where you been bro? I was starting to think Madison had locked you in the cupboard with the 8802’s!

I remember making a fairly harmless comment to Greg at a Pro Am down here years ago and he said to me, in this faux American accent “I’d like to drop a brick in your heart pal”. I still LMAO when I think of it. Forty years a professional comic and that is still the weirdest s*** I have ever had. Hope you are well mate.

Rob

Hi Rob :) I just spoke to Richard as they took him back up to his room and he’s higher than a kite and fell asleep on the phone, haha. Regarding Greg Norman, I actually have had only nice experiences with him, and two of the situations were prior to meeting Richard when I met him over at Oakmont when I was with Pete & Sam. He was polite, if not a little flirtatious, haha. He just had a habit of being rude and curt with club employees and the locker room staff and I’ve known the guys at Richard’s club since I was a young girl and Pete took me up to the club when he would visit and they were/are the best, and will do anything for a member/guest. The funny thing was after they got Richard out of the locker room that day and away from Norman, one of his good friends and another member who is a former pro football player and bigger than Richard started after Norman because he kept bad mouthing Richard after he was gone but had nothing to say as he backed away from Richard when they were together. Pete said that it was a “circus” and that one thing that Norman mentioned a few times was that he could not understand why Richard would get so upset about a “battler.” No one, including Pete, understood his use of the word until another Pro explained the meaning, lol. I would agree with Richard in that everything works out over the long haul and that karma has Norman on speed dial, hahaha. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers Rob. I will tell Richard and I know that he will respond when able :) Madison

I think that the most accurate way to judge someone is away from the cameras and in private everyday settings, Michelle is a sweet kind approachable individual, and if one is unable to walk in another’s shoes, or at least observe them up close, it is very difficult to accurately judge them. These are just my observations of Michelle :) Madison

She might act that way to you if you're a member of a prestigious country club and dish out the money to play with her in Pro Ams.

She isn't exactly known for being nice, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that her reputation follows her.

Regarding Michelle Wie, spent about 30 minutes talking with her while I was on range at a course on Oahu. During my time living on Oahu, saw her a few more occasions while out dining with my girlfriend and Michelle always made effort to stop by and speak, sweet and genuine girl. That being stated, also witnessed some people being less respectful of her privacy and personal space, which led to her seeming aloof and uncomfortable, even a bit defensive. Tough thing to constantly be faced with others expectations while trying to find your own way. In my opinion, have seen enough acts of kindness from Michelle to kids in Hawaii to more than make up being cautious with those that are demanding, rather than appreciative of her time and privacy.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

J.C.Snead may have been the worst when it came to treating underlings like crap.

Hi Wob :) JC’s behavior used to irritate Sam and especially Pete to no end, and they chalked it up to the “sauce,” haha. It really bothered Pete and one time before I met Richard, and this is the first time that Richard is hearing this as he has never told me this story, as he doesn’t most of the ones that were of his “other” side, though Pete told me that Richard went after JC and Pete and the two assistants had to grab and stop him and Pete knows that they wouldn’t have but Pete got in front of Richard and Richard would have never put Pete in harm’s way so he stopped. JC had been at Richard’s club down in the mens’ grille Playing cards and drinking for some time and then he was going to leave and drive his rental car to Pete’s house and Pete told him he’d drive him and he wouldn’t give Jc the keys and apparently JC flipped out and started ripping into Pete and threatened him when he wouldn’t give him the keys. Needless to say, Richard got involved and JC never got the keys and apperently he shut his mouth. Richard can fill in the blanks if he wants, hahaha. Though he is a late mention, JC is definitely the jerk of his generation :) Madison

LMAO, go get em Tiger????

I almost force fed ole Jesse Carlyle that stupid hat that he always wore(like the one pictured below)??

He was backin up and I sorta blank out when I flip the “switch” and I remember havin an asst. behind me with his arms around my waist and another hangin on my left shoulder and I had JC by the front of his shirt with my left hand and I was beatin him over his head with my right tryin to literally force feed the straw hat into his mouth and he wouldn’t open his mouth so I was hittin him in the head with it cuz he was just downright nasty to Pete and said some things that never should have been said publicly in front of a roomful of practically strangers. Pete slid between us facing me and he put his hands on my chest and said “please” and as wild as I was, I flipped the switch, let go of JC, turned and walked out of the card room/grille, going to my locker leaving Pete relieved and JC wondering WTF had just happened, lmao ?. He hadn’t heard Pete say “Please” and he didn’t understand what had made me stop and he asked Pete if I was his personal attack dog that acted on command, lmao??

He apparently didn’t remember a whole lot the next morning cuz he told Pete that his chest was sore and where I’d grabbed his shirt and was sorta bouncing him back and forth off of my left hand that was balled into a fist with a bunch of his shirt in it, and he asked Pete if he knew why, lmao?. He apologized to Pete and Pete told him that he owed me one and he did later that day. We always had gotten along okay though after that I didn’t have much to do with him cuz what he said publicly that day was something that should have never been said publicly or even in front of me, much less a bunch of members who didn’t know JC from Adam and they knew Pete Professionally and he was an Icon, not just at our Club but in the PGA of America circle. JC is garbage in my eyes. He was smashed and Pete could’ve possibly saved his life along with an innocent individual’s life had he gotten behind the wheel that evening. Our roads are dark, no lights, and windy and he didn’t know the area that well.

Though Sam & Pete considered him a gross underachiever for his natural talent, and JC definitely had that rare “it,” and while he won 8 times on Tour and had a runner-up at both Augusta and in the US Open along with 4-5 victories on the Senior/Champion Tour, and he made 3 Ryder-Cup teams in the early/mid 70’s, his womanizing, drinking and carousing left him woefully short of his potential. He had the gift and won in spite of himself. He won over $7M dollars when purses were not even remotely close to what they were in the 90’s, much less today.

Anyhoo, I’m glad that ya posted today Sweetie?

And thanks to all of you for the thoughts, wishes and Prayers?

Time will tell on the success of the surgery but the meds are great??!!!

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I was playing with a local pro I know well and do some lessons with. He played 30 some PGA tour events in the early 2000's. I randomly asked him who the most disliked guy on tour was, and without pause, "Rory Sabbatini without a doubt".

He was Bubba, before Bubba was Bubba

More like Perez before Perez was Perez. I honestly think Bubba being Bubba isn’t entirely Bubba’s fault and there is an underlying condition of some kind there whether it be severe ADD or something similar.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Hi Wob :) JC's behavior used to irritate Sam and especially Pete to no end, and they chalked it up to the "sauce," haha. It really bothered Pete and one time before I met Richard, and this is the first time that Richard is hearing this as he has never told me this story, as he doesn't most of the ones that were of his "other" side, though Pete told me that Richard went after JC and Pete and the two assistants had to grab and stop him and Pete knows that they wouldn't have but Pete got in front of Richard and Richard would have never put Pete in harm's way so he stopped. JC had been at Richard's club down in the mens' grille Playing cards and drinking for some time and then he was going to leave and drive his rental car to Pete's house and Pete told him he'd drive him and he wouldn't give Jc the keys and apparently JC flipped out and started ripping into Pete and threatened him when he wouldn't give him the keys. Needless to say, Richard got involved and JC never got the keys and apperently he shut his mouth. Richard can fill in the blanks if he wants, hahaha. Though he is a late mention, JC is definitely the jerk of his generation :) Madison

LMAO, go get em Tiger

I almost force fed ole JC that stupid hat that he always wore

He was backin up and I sorta blank out when I flip the "switch" and I remember havin an asst. behind me with his arms around my waist and another hangin on my left shoulder and I had JC by the front of his shirt with my left hand and I was beatin him over his head with my right tryin to literally force feed the straw hat into his mouth and he wouldn't open his mouth so I was hittin him in the head with it cuz he was just downright nasty to Pete and said some things that never should have been said publicly in front of a roomful of practically strangers. Pete slid between us facing me and he put his hands on my chest and said "please" and as wild as I was, I flipped the switch, let go of JC, turned and walked out of the card room/grille, going to my locker leaving Pete relieved and JC wondering WTF had just happened, lmao . He hadn't heard Pete say "Please" and he didn't understand what had made me stop and he asked Pete if I was his personal attack dog that acted on command, lmao

He apparently didn't remember a whole lot the next morning cuz he told Pete that his chest was sore and where I'd grabbed his shirt and was sorta bouncing him back and forth off of my left hand that was balled into a fist with a bunch of his shirt in it, and he asked Pete if he knew why, lmao. He apologized to Pete and Pete told him that he owed me one and he did later that day. We always had gotten along okay though after that I didn't have much to do with him cuz what he said publicly that day was something that should have never been said publicly or even in front of me, much less a bunch of members who didn't know JC from Adam and they knew Pete Professionally and he was an Icon, not just at our Club but in the PGA of America circle. JC is garbage in my eyes. He was smashed and Pete could've possibly saved his life along with an innocent individual's life had he gotten behind the wheel that evening. Our roads are dark, no lights, and windy and he didn't know the area that well.

Though Sam & Pete considered him a gross underachiever for his natural talent, and JC definitely had that rare "it," and while he won 8 times on Tour and had a runner-up at both Augusta and in the US Open along with 4-5 victories on the Senior/Champion Tour, and he made 3 Ryder-Cup teams in the early/mid 70's, his womanizing, drinking and carousing left him woefully short of his potential. He had the gift and won in spite of himself. He won over $7M dollars when purses were not even remotely close to what they were in the 90's, much less today.

Anyhoo, I'm glad that ya posted today Sweetie

And thanks to all of you for the thoughts, wishes and Prayers

Time will tell on the success of the surgery but the meds are great!!!

Richard

Thanks Richard, for the record, JC was the son of which Snead brother? Not Pete's son, and I know not Sam's, as he was always referred to as Sam's nephew. He was an excellent ballstriker.

Hi Wob :) JC's behavior used to irritate Sam and especially Pete to no end, and they chalked it up to the "sauce," haha. It really bothered Pete and one time before I met Richard, and this is the first time that Richard is hearing this as he has never told me this story, as he doesn't most of the ones that were of his "other" side, though Pete told me that Richard went after JC and Pete and the two assistants had to grab and stop him and Pete knows that they wouldn't have but Pete got in front of Richard and Richard would have never put Pete in harm's way so he stopped. JC had been at Richard's club down in the mens' grille Playing cards and drinking for some time and then he was going to leave and drive his rental car to Pete's house and Pete told him he'd drive him and he wouldn't give Jc the keys and apparently JC flipped out and started ripping into Pete and threatened him when he wouldn't give him the keys. Needless to say, Richard got involved and JC never got the keys and apperently he shut his mouth. Richard can fill in the blanks if he wants, hahaha. Though he is a late mention, JC is definitely the jerk of his generation :) Madison

LMAO, go get em Tiger��������

I almost force fed ole JC that stupid hat that he always wore����

He was backin up and I sorta blank out when I flip the "switch" and I remember havin an asst. behind me with his arms around my waist and another hangin on my left shoulder and I had JC by the front of his shirt with my left hand and I was beatin him over his head with my right tryin to literally force feed the straw hat into his mouth and he wouldn't open his mouth so I was hittin him in the head with it cuz he was just downright nasty to Pete and said some things that never should have been said publicly in front of a roomful of practically strangers. Pete slid between us facing me and he put his hands on my chest and said "please" and as wild as I was, I flipped the switch, let go of JC, turned and walked out of the card room/grille, going to my locker leaving Pete relieved and JC wondering WTF had just happened, lmao ��. He hadn't heard Pete say "Please" and he didn't understand what had made me stop and he asked Pete if I was his personal attack dog that acted on command, lmao����

He apparently didn't remember a whole lot the next morning cuz he told Pete that his chest was sore and where I'd grabbed his shirt and was sorta bouncing him back and forth off of my left hand that was balled into a fist with a bunch of his shirt in it, and he asked Pete if he knew why, lmao��. He apologized to Pete and Pete told him that he owed me one and he did later that day. We always had gotten along okay though after that I didn't have much to do with him cuz what he said publicly that day was something that should have never been said publicly or even in front of me, much less a bunch of members who didn't know JC from Adam and they knew Pete Professionally and he was an Icon, not just at our Club but in the PGA of America circle. JC is garbage in my eyes. He was smashed and Pete could've possibly saved his life along with an innocent individual's life had he gotten behind the wheel that evening. Our roads are dark, no lights, and windy and he didn't know the area that well.

Though Sam & Pete considered him a gross underachiever for his natural talent, and JC definitely had that rare "it," and while he won 8 times on Tour and had a runner-up at both Augusta and in the US Open along with 4-5 victories on the Senior/Champion Tour, and he made 3 Ryder-Cup teams in the early/mid 70's, his womanizing, drinking and carousing left him woefully short of his potential. He had the gift and won in spite of himself. He won over $7M dollars when purses were not even remotely close to what they were in the 90's, much less today.

Anyhoo, I'm glad that ya posted today Sweetie��

And thanks to all of you for the thoughts, wishes and Prayers��

Time will tell on the success of the surgery but the meds are great����!!!

Richard

Thanks Richard, for the record, JC was the son of which Snead brother? Not Pete's son, and I know not Sam's, as he was always referred to as Sam's nephew. He was an excellent ballstriker.

Hi MK :) Richard is a little under the weather and hopefully he will drop in when he is feeling better because I know that he has a comment pertaining to Michelle. You know how his “comments” turn into novels, hahaha, and I would say that he has a huge soft spot for her and she told his sister that she wishes that she had had an older brother like Richard, haha. Regarding JC(Jesse Carlyle), his father was Jesse, though as you stated, and this bothered Pete, you will be hard pressed to find a single article/post that mentions JC’s father/parents but every article states, and many times multiple times, that he is the nephew of the late great Sam Snead, haha. He was a magnificent ball striker and he was sneaky long, finishing in the top-5 on tour in distance we’ll into his late 30’s. :) Madison

Any other D1cks on tour?

Regarding Michelle Wie, spent about 30 minutes talking with her while I was on range at a course on Oahu. During my time living on Oahu, saw her a few more occasions while out dining with my girlfriend and Michelle always made effort to stop by and speak, sweet and genuine girl. That being stated, also witnessed some people being less respectful of her privacy and personal space, which led to her seeming aloof and uncomfortable, even a bit defensive. Tough thing to constantly be faced with others expectations while trying to find your own way. In my opinion, have seen enough acts of kindness from Michelle to kids in Hawaii to more than make up being cautious with those that are demanding, rather than appreciative of her time and privacy.

I definitely think that the pros (or any high profile figure or celebrity) get mobbed with people all the time where they have no privacy or personal space. So of course, they are very stand off-ish with total strangers approaching them. To me it is totally understandable that they may be not the most friendly in many situations.

He’s a straight shooter for sure. I like Perez, what you see is what you get.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”