Iblade 2.0

> @PowderedToastMan said:

> > @bunta said:

> > > @GolfChannel said:

> >

> > > Well, we need a "source" who actually works within Ping (design/engineering). That said, my person is more often right than wrong, but I wish they were more right on this one. I love my iBlades and am waiting with baited breath on the next iteration.

> >

> >

> > I want a forged s55 more than anything.

> S55 isn’t as special if you forge it, IMO. Forged, it’s just another nice looking iron that costs a ton. Cast, it’s cheaper, indestructible, and still feels great.

>

>

Truth. The REALLY special thing about all the S models and iBlade is that the dang things sound/feel sooooooooo good, even though they are cast.

• Like 1

TSi3 9.0 (A4)  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiff 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x Yellow 

> @towncryer said:

> > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > @bunta said:

> > > I want a forged s55 more than anything.

> > S55 isn’t as special if you forge it, IMO. Forged, it’s just another nice looking iron that costs a ton. Cast, it’s cheaper, indestructible, and still feels great.

> >

> >

>

> Truth. The REALLY special thing about all the S models and iBlade is that the dang things sound/feel sooooooooo good, even though they are cast.

Fine. Ill take cast s55. They do feel fantastic. The reason i wanted forge is so they can rid of the CTP. That CTP is something i wished never existed in the s55 because i like clean minimalistic irons.. I wish the s55 was "one piece" looking like the Titleist CBs, the Srixon 7's etc...

And thats what i want the next s55 to be. Clean, no ctp, same size, same shape, same loft, slightly less bounce.

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

> @bunta said:

> > @towncryer said:

> > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > @bunta said:

>

> > > > I want a forged s55 more than anything.

> > > S55 isn’t as special if you forge it, IMO. Forged, it’s just another nice looking iron that costs a ton. Cast, it’s cheaper, indestructible, and still feels great.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Truth. The REALLY special thing about all the S models and iBlade is that the dang things sound/feel sooooooooo good, even though they are cast.

>

>

> Fine. Ill take cast s55. They do feel fantastic. The reason i wanted forge is so they can rid of the CTP. That CTP is something i wished never existed in the s55 because i like clean minimalistic irons.. I wish the s55 was "one piece" looking like the Titleist CBs, the Srixon 7's etc...

>

> And thats what i want the next s55 to be. Clean, no ctp, same size, same shape, same loft, slightly less bounce.

I, too, REALLY wanted PING to come out with an iron that was SUPER clean, no CTP, had more mass behind the sweet spot, and wasn't such a digger profile sole...then they put out Blueprint :smiley: Seriously...if you can hit s55 competently, Blueprint (at least in the short irons) is not a huge and scary jump. They're smaller for sure and you have to be pretty precise...but an s55 caliber player is probably not missing by much anyway when he/she does miss.

• Like 1

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow 

> @towncryer said:

> > @bunta said:

> > > @towncryer said:

> > > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > > @bunta said:

> >

> > > > > I want a forged s55 more than anything.

> > > > S55 isn’t as special if you forge it, IMO. Forged, it’s just another nice looking iron that costs a ton. Cast, it’s cheaper, indestructible, and still feels great.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Truth. The REALLY special thing about all the S models and iBlade is that the dang things sound/feel sooooooooo good, even though they are cast.

> >

> >

> > Fine. Ill take cast s55. They do feel fantastic. The reason i wanted forge is so they can rid of the CTP. That CTP is something i wished never existed in the s55 because i like clean minimalistic irons.. I wish the s55 was "one piece" looking like the Titleist CBs, the Srixon 7's etc...

> >

> > And thats what i want the next s55 to be. Clean, no ctp, same size, same shape, same loft, slightly less bounce.

>

>

> I, too, REALLY wanted PING to come out with an iron that was SUPER clean, no CTP, had more mass behind the sweet spot, and wasn't such a digger profile sole...then they put out Blueprint :smiley: Seriously...if you can hit s55 competently, Blueprint (at least in the short irons) is not a huge and scary jump. They're smaller for sure and you have to be pretty precise...but an s55 caliber player is probably not missing by much anyway when he/she does miss.

I’m the kind of guy that doesn’t want to think about blade length when over the ball, too big or too small. S55 was perfect for me, tour shape but not intimidatingly small. Blueprint is in the ballpark where I’d be thinking about it, which just doesn’t work for me. I’m not the caliber of player I used to be, but I still tend to catch most all my shots out of the middle, so it’s not even about forgiveness. It’s all about a shape that looks just right so you don’t have to think about it.

This makes me think about TW’s irons. One of the top two to play the game, but the blade length is pretty long in his irons for blades. It’s hard to match the feel of a small iron with tons of mass right behind the sweet spot though. Such a solid feeling it produces.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

> @towncryer said:

>

> I, too, REALLY wanted PING to come out with an iron that was SUPER clean, no CTP, had more mass behind the sweet spot, and wasn't such a digger profile sole...then they put out Blueprint :smiley: Seriously...if you can hit s55 competently, Blueprint (at least in the short irons) is not a huge and scary jump. They're smaller for sure and you have to be pretty precise...but an s55 caliber player is probably not missing by much anyway when he/she does miss.

I would. But the moment i thin or hook (both my misses) one of the planet, my group would degrade me well beyond the reasonable limit so much so that id rather quit golf than withstand the humiliation lol. yes, i play with a bunch of socially obnoxious thick skinned a**holes. Its 5 hrs of non stop banter and sh*t talking every sunday from the moment we get in the car all the way thru the 18th and the ride home. but i love them lol.

On a serious note, i never really had any desire to play blades. i hit a few every so often, and ive always loved the feel and looks but never had the urge to bag them. i think im just so used to my s55 that i just dont think im gonna play better with anything else. there nothing a blade can do that my 55s cant do is sort of my logic really. And i prefer a little help and my 55s does it bunches.

And like @PowderedToastMan said, the s55 tour shape is perfect to my eyes. im very comfortable looking at it.

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

I think the iBlade is Ping's best iron since the i5. They're precise but not absurdly unforgiving. I tried them with SteelFiber and they were the best feeling irons I have ever hit.

I'd love to see an update. The Blueprints are beauties but I don't have the game for them.

• Like 2
PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Lethes hope Ping will bring out an update to the iBlades and the I210. That would be awesome

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS 9* Tensei AV Raw white 60 S
Fairway: Callaway Paratem Triple Diamond 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

DI: Titleist U500 23* HZRDUS Smoke Black 90 6.0
Irons: Titleist T100 5-Gap Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges: Taylormade Hi Toe 54/60 Project X LZ 6.5
Putter: Odyssey O Works 7
Ball: Vice Pro

Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize Teams

When is Ping usually updating the Irons? 1,5 Year?

> > @bunta said:

> > > @GolfChannel said:

> >

> > > Well, we need a "source" who actually works within Ping (design/engineering). That said, my person is more often right than wrong, but I wish they were more right on this one. I love my iBlades and am waiting with baited breath on the next iteration.

> >

> >

> > I want a forged s55 more than anything.

> S55 isn’t as special if you forge it, IMO. Forged, it’s just another nice looking iron that costs a ton. Cast, it’s cheaper, indestructible, and still feels great.

>

>

Indestructible they are not. Will be an unfortunate day when mine delaminate.

Ok, then we should see some updates on the I Series in the near future.

And I think the iBlade can't be that long to follow, it is 3-3,5 year now. Which is a good think, because they are very good.

But let's be real, the I Series is really hard to update, or to do better. There are some characteristics that they won't change on the I Series (Offset, Bounce, Width Sole etc.). And that is the Reason they play like they do, stupid forgiving.

If someone want less Offset, or a narrower Sole, he has to move to the iBlade.

• Like 1

> @hwturner17 said:

> > @Foreleft said:

> > I wish Ping would introduce the Si or Is, an iron between the two, with less offset in longer irons, but with the longer blade of the i series.

>

> I was just saying the same thing. Something between the iBlade/S55 and the i210's. They are so close.

iBlade/S55 are already not far off from i210. 8-PW are pretty much the same other than sole width, slightly bigger blade length and more offset in 5-7 iron. I just switched from S55 to i210 and the transition was really easy. Honestly the difference in feel was the biggest thing to adjust to.

PING should try doing a low offset i series iron instead of making a tweener iron. I want them to keep making the S series as “tour” as possible while maintaining its playability.

> > @hwturner17 said:

> > > @Foreleft said:

> > > I wish Ping would introduce the Si or Is, an iron between the two, with less offset in longer irons, but with the longer blade of the i series.

> >

> > I was just saying the same thing. Something between the iBlade/S55 and the i210's. They are so close.

>

> iBlade/S55 are already not far off from i210. 8-PW are pretty much the same other than sole width, slightly bigger blade length and more offset in 5-7 iron. I just switched from S55 to i210 and the transition was really easy. Honestly the difference in feel was the biggest thing to adjust to.

>

> PING should try doing a low offset i series iron instead of making a tweener iron. I want them to keep making the S series as “tour” as possible while maintaining its playability.

>

What are your thoughts on the feel of the 210's compared to the Iblades or S55's?

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I think the iBlade is not in the Same ballpark as the i210. I own (owned) both of them.

Iblade is easy to Hit, from 5-7 it gets noticecebal harder to hit than the i210. The 4 Iron from the iBlade was to hard for me, while the i210 is easy.

All in, it is stupid how easy the i210 are.

Even my 718 AP2 are not as easy and forgiving as the i210 Irons. These two often discribed as equal forgiveness and so on. Not in my Books.

• Like 1

> @lawsonman said:

> > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > @hwturner17 said:

> > > > @Foreleft said:

> > > > I wish Ping would introduce the Si or Is, an iron between the two, with less offset in longer irons, but with the longer blade of the i series.

> > >

> > > I was just saying the same thing. Something between the iBlade/S55 and the i210's. They are so close.

> >

> > iBlade/S55 are already not far off from i210. 8-PW are pretty much the same other than sole width, slightly bigger blade length and more offset in 5-7 iron. I just switched from S55 to i210 and the transition was really easy. Honestly the difference in feel was the biggest thing to adjust to.

> >

> > PING should try doing a low offset i series iron instead of making a tweener iron. I want them to keep making the S series as “tour” as possible while maintaining its playability.

> >

>

> What are your thoughts on the feel of the 210's compared to the Iblades or S55's?

Haven’t played the iBlades enough to have an opinion, but the S55’s are more of a solid feel, whereas i210 is softer in the short irons, but borderline springy in the mid-long irons. The large CTP in i210 does a good job at masking the thin face, but you can feel it in the mid-long irons. Definitely not off-putting, but definitely a different feel than a classic smaller iron with a lot of mass right behind the sweet spot.

I love the feel of the 8-PW in the i210’s. It’s tough to beat. The rest of the set is great, but not amazing, if that makes sense. I honestly think most people wouldn’t notice a difference in feel in the set, but I do.

The only thing I don't like about the i210 is the offset in the long irons. Other than that, they are very nice with just a touch more forgiveness than the iblade. If you look at Victor Hovland's bag, he's playing i210 short irons and iblade in the long irons. I believe it's only because he doesn't want the offset that the i210 has.

> @SvenS3 said:

> Even my 718 AP2 are not as easy and forgiving as the i210 Irons. These two often discribed as equal forgiveness and so on. Not in my Books.

I think AP2 is closer to iBlade...I was between those two in 2016, but iBlade (to me) was even easier to hit than AP2, felt better, launched higher, yadda yadda yadda... I really wanted to keep playing Titliest irons, but the Blueprints got me hooked on PING.

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow 

> @Z4Z3R said:

> The only thing I don't like about the i210 is the offset in the long irons. Other than that, they are very nice with just a touch more forgiveness than the iblade. If you look at Victor Hovland's bag, he's playing i210 short irons and iblade in the long irons. I believe it's only because he doesn't want the offset that the i210 has.

He's full iBlade now, has been for some time. I believe it was because he actually hit them higher so made sense to put in long irons.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

> @drvrwdge said:

> > @Z4Z3R said:

> > The only thing I don't like about the i210 is the offset in the long irons. Other than that, they are very nice with just a touch more forgiveness than the iblade. If you look at Victor Hovland's bag, he's playing i210 short irons and iblade in the long irons. I believe it's only because he doesn't want the offset that the i210 has.

>

> He's full iBlade now, has been for some time. I believe it was because he actually hit them higher so made sense to put in long irons.

Gotcha - thanks for the correction. It was certainly an interesting set up before.

• 8 months later...

Ping rep told me all releases pushed to 2021 and he may see new stuff in August during their virtual meetings. I’m guessing ping will let pics of new stuff “leak” in the very late summer or early fall.

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow 

Ping does not leak.. Ever.. But yes everything pushed out..

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Well, yeah...I just mean they control when images come out of their upcoming products. When we up close pictures of unreleased PING stuff in the bags of tour guys, it's because PING gave it the green light. But you're right...PING is airtight with their info and it'd be hard to imagine an unauthorized picture leaking.

• Like 1

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow