2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

El Tucan Speaks..... (NO POLITICS)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how he said he didnt want to caddie for Kuchar next year !! As if that was on the table after all this. Kuch probably has a restraining order out on this clown.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't recall Tucan initially seeking attention in all this. If anyone is a clown it's Kuchar to my eye. I mean let's say Tucan did initiate attention. I just find it hard to imagine the first guy he thinks to contact is Gillis.

I don't know about you guys but I would be embarrassed as hell if I were Matt Kuchar right now..

...but then again I'm probably not as thick-skinned as him..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

I love how he said he didnt want to caddie for Kuchar next year !! As if that was on the table after all this. Kuch probably has a restraining order out on this clown.

Leave him alone he's a humble man!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I don't know about you guys but I would be embarrassed as hell if I were Matt Kuchar right now..

...but then again I'm probably not as thick-skinned as him..

He's out to a dollar movie theatre "double feature", then hitting a sizzler buffet for late dinner. Probably has no idea any of this is going on. And I'll let you wonder whether he brought snacks into the theatre or purchased there. As if there's any question.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't recall Tucan initially seeking attention in all this. If anyone is a clown it's Kuchar to my eye. I mean let's say Tucan did initiate attention. I just find it hard to imagine the first guy he thinks to contact is Gillis.

If he thinks its a good look to tell media he was offered a 15K bonus after already getting a 2k bonus and he turned it down because its "unacceptable" good luck. Kuchar suffers from Phil syndrome where alot of guys already dislike him because they think hes a phony and what not so this was an excuse to pile on the guy. I would pay good money to see "el toucan" explain to his wife why 15k was "unacceptable" in his eyes... I think we know how that would go.

The people still using the term ripped off always give me a good chuckle. Kuch is his own man and i would never dare tell him or anyone what to do with his money.In my eyes he kept his end of the deal and life goes on.

Out of the winnings, how much did the government take? Were there other fees? I might have missed it, but I think there was an agreed upon payment? Why is it my business? Is it common practice for me to ask you what you pay others? And, I can publicly call you cheap because I thinks so correct?

Waitress says hit the slot area, its been dead for a while, and continues to bring you free drinks.. You hear the bells and bucket a cool 300. A boss approaches, hands you a receipt for taxes,,, how much do you tip the waitress? 20%?

A contractor really comes though on your kitchen reno,, and you are beyond thrilled,, did you give him an extra 30% for doing great job? Or do you just pay the contracted price?

Really,, forget the millions made by Matt.. How much should you be paying forward for good work, service? It's not what Matt does,, it's what will you do....

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

Kuch is gonna feel so bad when he gets on here and reads all this stuff being said about him by the top minds of the internet.

He should care considering it us and people just like us that have made him a very wealthy man.

You serious Clark?

What do you think makes the whole PGA Tour and all of the sponsors and million dollar checks go round and round? It's TV viewership/ad revenue mainly. With the hope that we go buy products endorsed by people like Matt Kuchar. Then you add in event ticket purchases and money spent at events.

But IF a majority of people decide they don't like Matt Kuchar and won't purchase anything he endorses, what do you think happens to Matt Kuchar's endorsement deals when they come up for renewal?

You don't think it matters what we think "Clark"? ? We're footing the bill for this whole machine. Did you really not realize that.

Kuch is gonna feel so bad when he gets on here and reads all this stuff being said about him by the top minds of the internet.

He should care considering it us and people just like us that have made him a very wealthy man.

Wow! Did you caddie for Kuchar too and 'only' get a measly grand or so?

How many poor souls has he exploited for his millions?!

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I hope this is sarcastic...

No, read above. It's basic economics. If it weren't for the millions of PGA Tour fans like us they'd be playing for $100 checks and there would be no endorsement money. Why is that surprising to hear?

You serious Clark?

What do you think makes the whole PGA Tour and all of the sponsors and million dollar checks go round and round? It's TV viewership/ad revenue mainly. With the hope that we go buy products endorsed by people like Matt Kuchar. Then you add in event ticket purchases and money spent at events.

But IF a majority of people decide they don't like Matt Kuchar and won't purchase anything he endorses, what do you think happens to Matt Kuchar's endorsement deals when they come up for renewal?

You don't think it matters what we think "Clark"? ? We're footing the bill for this whole machine. Did you really not realize that.

I think his ability to play golf well made him a lot of money.

You serious Clark?

I think his ability to play golf well made him a lot of money.

That assumes that playing golf well has the capacity to make a lot of money, which requires there being a market environment that rewards good golf which is all supported by us, as I explained above.

Why do you think players always praise Tiger for making the checks bigger? It's not because they got better at golf, it's because he made the market bigger by drawing in more people/eyeballs/money from fans/sponsors.

Why do you think Tiger's yearly income dropped from around $100,000,000 per year at its peak down to ~$40,000,000? All from public perception. His sponsors dropped him because his perceived market value to sell product to the masses fell. So ultimately, it is people like us and others perception of Tiger Woods that has the power to make or take away tens of millions even from the Big Cat.

You don't think Sketchers and Bridgestone will drop Kuchar like a bad habit if enough people don't care for him anymore? Get real. So yeah, what we think about him does matter to him.

It also matters to the PGA Tour because Kuchar is one of the products that they sell.

No, read above. It's basic economics. If it weren't for the millions of PGA Tour fans like us they'd be playing for $100 checks and there would be no endorsement money. Why is that surprising to hear?

How many shots did we hit for him? How many did we hit for Tiger or Phil? Pga tour exists regardless of whos playing. The better players make more the lesser players make less. Its a meritocracy of the first order. Each player is a independent contractor who decides whats what for himself and his family.Kuchar has earned 47 million in earnings.thats for his performance on tour for the last 20 years. he EARNED that money. I can guarantee you he hasnt earned half that in endorsements. how much of that are you owed exactly?

That assumes that playing golf well has the capacity to make a lot of money, which requires there being a market environment that rewards good golf which is all supported by us, as I explained above.

Why do you think players always praise Tiger for making the checks bigger? It's not because they got better at golf, it's because he made the market bigger by drawing in more people/eyeballs/money from fans/sponsors.

Why do you think Tiger's yearly income dropped from around $100,000,000 per year at its peak down to ~$40,000,000? All from public perception. His sponsors dropped him because his perceived market value to sell product the masses fell. So ultimately, it is people like us and others perception of Tiger that has the power to make or take away tens of millions even from the Big Cat.

You don't think Sketchers will drop Kuchar like a bad habit if enough people don't care for him anymore? Get real.

Oh you really are serious?

Sign my Skechers!

You owe me.

I made yooouuu!

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

If he thinks its a good look to tell media he was offered a 15K bonus after already getting a 2k bonus and he turned it down because its "unacceptable" good luck. Kuchar suffers from Phil syndrome where alot of guys already dislike him because they think hes a phony and what not so this was an excuse to pile on the guy. I would pay good money to see "el toucan" explain to his wife why 15k was "unacceptable" in his eyes... I think we know how that would go.

The people still using the term ripped off always give me a good chuckle. Kuch is his own man and i would never dare tell him or anyone what to do with his money.In my eyes he kept his end of the deal and life goes on.

Kinda doubt Tucan thinks to himself, "How does this look to the media?' I bet Kuchar does though and he didn't think this would make it out of Mexico.

Also, I don't know Tucan's wife. For all we know she's the one telling him to hold out for more.

I think the part that bugs me the most is that when Kuchar was interviewed about whether he paid Toucan 3k or 10%, he replied it was more than 3k but less than 10%. I would have respected him more if he said I paid him 3k for his work and tipped him 2K. Its a really small amount but its a honest answer and it shows that he actually believes that he paid a fair amount. Side stepping the question implies that he realizes that what he did isn't acceptable.

Kuchar is free to be as cheap as he wants, the caddie came out ahead just not as much as he wanted to be. And turning down the extra 15k ??? I guess he doesn't need the money...

How many shots did we hit for him? How many did we hit for Tiger or Phil? Pga tour exists regardless of whos playing. The better players make more the lesser players make less. Its a meritocracy of the first order. Each player is a independent contractor who decides whats what for himself and his family.Kuchar has earned 47 million in earnings.thats for his performance on tour for the last 20 years. he EARNED that money. I can guarantee you he hasnt earned half that in endorsements. how much of that are you owed exactly?

I can't speak for Straightshot, but I feel that I am owed 11 cents. But that's just back of the napkin math.

I'm not saying that I am owed anything. I am saying that I paid for a portion of it. And that is a verifiable fact.

I'm just explaining to you the basic economics of the PGA Tour.

The PGA Tour does not exist or have any money to pay out if people stop watching. End of story.

Every time you turn on your TV you are throwing your dollar into the hat, contributing to the value of the TV ads which is the main revenue source. Every time you buy a product endorsed by a Tour player or buy a ticket, etc. it's all supported by fans.

Of course a player has to play well in order to capture a piece of the pie. But the pie is comprised of the viewers and sponsors (who are only there trying to get the viewer's/fan's money) money.

I'm not saying Kuchar hasn't earned his money. Clearly. I am only pointing out the source of the money.

Where do you think the PGA Tour purse money comes from? Do you think theres a pile of gold somewhere the commissioner just goes and takes from as needed?

Purse money comes from TV rights and sponsors. All ultimately supported by fans/viewers. Just basic facts man.

Why do you think Tiger's yearly income dropped from around $100,000,000 per year at its peak down to ~$40,000,000? All from public perception. His sponsors dropped him because his perceived market value to sell product to the masses fell. So ultimately, it is people like us and others perception of Tiger Woods that has the power to make or take away tens of millions even from the Big Cat.

You don't think Sketchers and Bridgestone will drop Kuchar like a bad habit if enough people don't care for him anymore? Get real. So yeah, what we think about him does matter to him.

It also matters to the PGA Tour because Kuchar is one of the products that they sell.

This is absolutely ridiculous. The market existed well before Kuchar and will continue to exist well after Kuchars done. Endorsement money is not the publics money but corporations money. You might think that gives you special power over him but it doesnt. you want to try and shame him into losing an endorsement? Have at it just remember that the free market is exactly that.One company might drop him and another will pounce on the chance to be associated with him. Look at tiger, you think he would ever even fathom drinking "monster energy" or driving a buick? they pay/paid him so who cares and if they tire of him or if tiger does something publicly disagreeable then guess what?another company will fill the void again.Way of the world man.

This will be like 97% of all lawsuits in US.

Both parties think they have a legit case.

Both drag on with lawyers having fun.

And they will settle.

Probably Kuch takes more hit because he's a public figure.

I dont see this different than a celebrity or NBA athlete going cheap on tips. It's a TMZ material and we just think of the guy as a cheap and move on.

I blame the guy who spilled the bean on twitter. He's the worst of this all.

I'm not saying that I am owed anything. I am saying that I paid for a portion of it. And that is a verifiable fact.

I'm just explaining to you the basic economics of the PGA Tour.

The PGA Tour does not exist or have any money to pay out if people stop watching. End of story.

Every time you turn on your TV you are throwing your dollar into the hat, contributing to the value of the TV ads which is the main revenue source. Every time you buy a product endorsed by a Tour player or buy a ticket, etc. it's all supported by fans.

Of course a player has to play well in order to capture a piece of the pie. But the pie is comprised of the viewers and sponsors (who are only there trying to get the viewer's/fan's money) money.

I'm not saying Kuchar hasn't earned his money. Clearly. I am only pointing out the source of the money.

Where do you think the PGA Tour purse money comes from? Do you think theres a pile of gold somewhere the commissioner just goes and takes from as needed?

Purse money comes from TV rights and sponsors. All ultimately supported by fans/viewers. Just basic facts man.

Yes, yes you are. you basically said " youre nothing without us" which is false any way you look at it.

Saying "facts" over and over is not having the effect you think it is but hey man its all good. Your attempt at explaining the economics of sports shows me why you feel this way. FYI, if we all stopped at once watching golf tomorrow morning, the tour would be solvent for another 10-15 years without breaking a sweat. I get it, you really want Kuchar to care about this but free will is great that way, you cant force him to and youll probably have to learn to live with that.Golf was here before him and will be here after him regardless of your "contribution". Remember, you didnt make him a wealthy man he did that himself.

Nothing personal my good man

Have a good night

I always thought that Kuchar seemed like a down to earth, good guy, someone I liked to see do well. What he pays a guy in this situation is his business, but this became public and it just makes him look cheap. Any way you slice it. The $2000 was 0.15% of the purse - imagine tipping a waitress 15 cents on a $100 check. I'm not saying that he should have paid 10%, but, really? Clearly, he had every right to pay what he wanted, but, let's face it ... from a public relations perspective, who would have wanted this to come out after he played the role of the boy-next-door, gracious, appreciative guy by heaping praise on the caddie after the win. But only gives $2000. You can't tell me that almost every other golfer on the tour doesn't think that was a class A d-bag maneuver.

That said, I'm sure that the caddie got the advice to hold his hard line, rolling the dice that a big payday might be in store. Not so sure that puts him a great light. Still, when all is said and done, tougher for me to be in his shoes in this situation than Kuchar's, so I think the stinginess of the rich guy outweighs any greediness of the caddie.