What up with Jordan?

tsecor

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Sure, but you also have to let Rory’s career play out to see where he’ll sit.

>

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > Everyone expects Tiger to win majors virtually every year but the reality is he hasn’t won the Masters for 13 years, or any major in 10 years. So like Tiger, Rory is a victim of his earlier success.

> > >

> > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> > > > Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

> > > >

> > > > And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

> > > >

> > > > By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Yeah but overall, Tiger already racked up 80 wins including 14 majors.

> >

> > He could have retired in 2008 and still been considered a top 2 player all time.

> >

> > Rory, while he had early success, didn't sustain it.

> >

> > Tiger sustained excellence for 10 straight years.

> >

> > They are really not in the same ball game. Tiger is in the GOAT level with Jack. Rory is a tier or two below. Even he would admit that.

>

>

Not to know that he'll never reach Jack or Tiger...

Tiger was at 10 majors, total of 46 PGA Tour wins at Rory's current age.

Rory is at 4 majors, with total of 15 PGA Tour wins and 13 European Tour.

It's not even close... Rory's an all time great but Tiger's run was just on a completely different level.

bladehunter:

“Give him a full sand wedge and tell him it’s for the win. It could be 20 long 20 short 20 left or in the hole.”

–––––––––––––

I love it when people have short memories…

Hole 16 @ The Players with the win on the line, Rory hits a 9 iron from the rough with water on the right and slams it 19ft for eagle - makes birdie.

Hole 17 @ The Players water water everywhere with the win on the line, Rory hits his wedge on safely where others have and do struggle, 2 putts for steady par.

Hole 18 @ The Players with the win on the line and water all down the right, Rory hits a wedge / 9 iron over the pin to 12ft, 2 putts and seals the win.

As you said, you’re “biased” and with a short memory.

;)

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > If we put Jordan and Rory in a sack ( as the old folks would say ) I’m not sure at this juncture If anyone could predict which would fall out first.

> > >

> >

> > Sure. If you can’t tell the difference between a bad week and a bad year.

> >

> >

>

>

> Not just a bad week. Forget the match play ?

>

> His putter and wedge play when it’s on the line glares. Stats be damned. You can chant that all you want. Give him a full sand wedge and tell him it’s for the win. It could be 20 long 20 short 20 left or in the hole. Who knows? Same with a putt.

>

> I will say that I am obviously biased , and it’s becussr I’ve never once seen Rory play to the level that he once did. I wasn’t watching golf then. My first taste of Rory golf was the pga where he played up on Phil and Rickie to make sure he finished before dark and assure that Phil had no shot at a tie. Bad first impression.

Ha ha well said… but that “bias” of blades prevents him from being congruent to his own thoughts and rules.

;)

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > I’m comparing him to where he should be. 7-8 majors and #1 in the world.

>

> You must _really_ hate Tiger. Doesn't play at the level he once did. Based on where he was pre-hydrant, he "should" have 26 majors by now.

Sure, but then Tiger didn’t win a major after 32. After watching Rory re-focus this year and seeing the quality of results from this focus, I have a feeling Rory won’t be stuck on 4 majors throughout his 30s (baring injury that is).

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > Sure, but you also have to let Rory’s career play out to see where he’ll sit.

> >

> > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > Everyone expects Tiger to win majors virtually every year but the reality is he hasn’t won the Masters for 13 years, or any major in 10 years. So like Tiger, Rory is a victim of his earlier success.

> > > >

> > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> > > > > Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

> > > > >

> > > > > And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

> > > > >

> > > > > By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah but overall, Tiger already racked up 80 wins including 14 majors.

> > >

> > > He could have retired in 2008 and still been considered a top 2 player all time.

> > >

> > > Rory, while he had early success, didn't sustain it.

> > >

> > > Tiger sustained excellence for 10 straight years.

> > >

> > > They are really not in the same ball game. Tiger is in the GOAT level with Jack. Rory is a tier or two below. Even he would admit that.

> >

> >

>

> Not to know that he'll never reach Jack or Tiger...

>

> Tiger was at 10 majors, total of 46 PGA Tour wins at Rory's current age.

>

> Rory is at 4 majors, with total of 15 PGA Tour wins and 13 European Tour.

>

> It's not even close... Rory's an all time great but Tiger's run was just on a completely different level.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Sure, but then Tiger didn’t win a major after 32. After watching Rory re-focus this year and seeing the quality of results from this focus, I have a feeling Rory won’t be stuck on 4 majors throughout his 30s (baring injury that is).

>

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > Sure, but you also have to let Rory’s career play out to see where he’ll sit.

> > >

> > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > Everyone expects Tiger to win majors virtually every year but the reality is he hasn’t won the Masters for 13 years, or any major in 10 years. So like Tiger, Rory is a victim of his earlier success.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > > > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> > > > > > Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yeah but overall, Tiger already racked up 80 wins including 14 majors.

> > > >

> > > > He could have retired in 2008 and still been considered a top 2 player all time.

> > > >

> > > > Rory, while he had early success, didn't sustain it.

> > > >

> > > > Tiger sustained excellence for 10 straight years.

> > > >

> > > > They are really not in the same ball game. Tiger is in the GOAT level with Jack. Rory is a tier or two below. Even he would admit that.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Not to know that he'll never reach Jack or Tiger...

> >

> > Tiger was at 10 majors, total of 46 PGA Tour wins at Rory's current age.

> >

> > Rory is at 4 majors, with total of 15 PGA Tour wins and 13 European Tour.

> >

> > It's not even close... Rory's an all time great but Tiger's run was just on a completely different level.

>

>

Yeah I don't think he'll be stuck on 4 either.

But do you think he will get to 14?

No, 7 or 8. But in this era that’s almost equally as impressive.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > Sure, but then Tiger didn’t win a major after 32. After watching Rory re-focus this year and seeing the quality of results from this focus, I have a feeling Rory won’t be stuck on 4 majors throughout his 30s (baring injury that is).

> >

> > > > Sure, but you also have to let Rory’s career play out to see where he’ll sit.

> > > >

> > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > Everyone expects Tiger to win majors virtually every year but the reality is he hasn’t won the Masters for 13 years, or any major in 10 years. So like Tiger, Rory is a victim of his earlier success.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > > > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> > > > > > > Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah but overall, Tiger already racked up 80 wins including 14 majors.

> > > > >

> > > > > He could have retired in 2008 and still been considered a top 2 player all time.

> > > > >

> > > > > Rory, while he had early success, didn't sustain it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tiger sustained excellence for 10 straight years.

> > > > >

> > > > > They are really not in the same ball game. Tiger is in the GOAT level with Jack. Rory is a tier or two below. Even he would admit that.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Not to know that he'll never reach Jack or Tiger...

> > >

> > > Tiger was at 10 majors, total of 46 PGA Tour wins at Rory's current age.

> > >

> > > Rory is at 4 majors, with total of 15 PGA Tour wins and 13 European Tour.

> > >

> > > It's not even close... Rory's an all time great but Tiger's run was just on a completely different level.

> >

> >

>

> Yeah I don't think he'll be stuck on 4 either.

> But do you think he will get to 14?

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> No, 7 or 8. But in this era that’s almost equally as impressive.

>

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > Sure, but then Tiger didn’t win a major after 32. After watching Rory re-focus this year and seeing the quality of results from this focus, I have a feeling Rory won’t be stuck on 4 majors throughout his 30s (baring injury that is).

> > >

> > > > > Sure, but you also have to let Rory’s career play out to see where he’ll sit.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > > Everyone expects Tiger to win majors virtually every year but the reality is he hasn’t won the Masters for 13 years, or any major in 10 years. So like Tiger, Rory is a victim of his earlier success.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > > > > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> > > > > > > > Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah but overall, Tiger already racked up 80 wins including 14 majors.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He could have retired in 2008 and still been considered a top 2 player all time.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Rory, while he had early success, didn't sustain it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tiger sustained excellence for 10 straight years.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They are really not in the same ball game. Tiger is in the GOAT level with Jack. Rory is a tier or two below. Even he would admit that.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Not to know that he'll never reach Jack or Tiger...

> > > >

> > > > Tiger was at 10 majors, total of 46 PGA Tour wins at Rory's current age.

> > > >

> > > > Rory is at 4 majors, with total of 15 PGA Tour wins and 13 European Tour.

> > > >

> > > > It's not even close... Rory's an all time great but Tiger's run was just on a completely different level.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Yeah I don't think he'll be stuck on 4 either.

> > But do you think he will get to 14?

>

>

That may be one of your top 10 most entertaining posts. Thank you for the chuckle.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > I’m comparing him to where he should be. 7-8 majors and #1 in the world.

> > >

> > > You must _really_ hate Tiger. Doesn't play at the level he once did. Based on where he was pre-hydrant, he "should" have 26 majors by now.

> >

> > lol. After 2013 it’s all just gravy. He was goat of the “modern “ age at that time. Nothing more to achieve except jacks record. ( I do call jack greatest ever till then ).

> >

> >

> > As much as I’m biased a few are just as biased the other way. Can’t you see I’m giving him the utmost compliment for his talent level. I just don’t see the “ want to “ he needs to be great. And that’s fine. But if he doesn’t care. Why should we ?

>

> Are you talking about Rory? What makes you think he doesn't want it or doesn't care? Look at the commitment he made to his body. Look how well he's playing this year. He could have packed it in and pulled an Anthony Kim a long time ago if he didn't want it.

>

> I think you're making the mistake of thinking because he has an all time beautiful swing and hits it long and straight that that means he should be as good as Jack or Tiger.

>

> Rory has never been on that level mentally or with his short game/putting. There are many different forms of talent in golf. Having the beautiful swing and long game is only about 1/5th of the game.

he said it was ok if he didn’t get the masters this year. There’s always next. Sure. People live forever.

That’s only one example. It’s his overall tone and attitude that is too far into the limp wrist angle . I get that you can’t want it so bad you sabotage yourself. But you also can’t admit defeat before it starts. That’s what he did during his presser.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Winning majors today is far tougher and deeper than in any previous era. And the world of golf is pretty unanimous about this. But that doesn’t devalue Tiger, Jack, Hogan’s majors etc, it’s just a reality of this massive evolution in golf we’ve witnessed and are enjoying.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > No, 7 or 8. But in this era that’s almost equally as impressive.

> >

> > > > Sure, but then Tiger didn’t win a major after 32. After watching Rory re-focus this year and seeing the quality of results from this focus, I have a feeling Rory won’t be stuck on 4 majors throughout his 30s (baring injury that is).

> > > >

> > > > > > Sure, but you also have to let Rory’s career play out to see where he’ll sit.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Everyone expects Tiger to win majors virtually every year but the reality is he hasn’t won the Masters for 13 years, or any major in 10 years. So like Tiger, Rory is a victim of his earlier success.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > > > > > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> > > > > > > > > Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yeah but overall, Tiger already racked up 80 wins including 14 majors.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He could have retired in 2008 and still been considered a top 2 player all time.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Rory, while he had early success, didn't sustain it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Tiger sustained excellence for 10 straight years.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They are really not in the same ball game. Tiger is in the GOAT level with Jack. Rory is a tier or two below. Even he would admit that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Not to know that he'll never reach Jack or Tiger...

> > > > >

> > > > > Tiger was at 10 majors, total of 46 PGA Tour wins at Rory's current age.

> > > > >

> > > > > Rory is at 4 majors, with total of 15 PGA Tour wins and 13 European Tour.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's not even close... Rory's an all time great but Tiger's run was just on a completely different level.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah I don't think he'll be stuck on 4 either.

> > > But do you think he will get to 14?

> >

> >

>

> That may be one of your top 10 most entertaining posts. Thank you for the chuckle.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> bladehunter:

> “Give him a full sand wedge and tell him it’s for the win. It could be 20 long 20 short 20 left or in the hole.”

> –––––––––––––

>

> I love it when people have short memories…

>

> Hole 16 @ The Players with the win on the line, Rory hits a 9 iron from the rough with water on the right and slams it 19ft for eagle - makes birdie.

>

> Hole 17 @ The Players water water everywhere with the win on the line, Rory hits his wedge on safely where others have and do struggle, 2 putts for steady par.

>

> Hole 18 @ The Players with the win on the line and water all down the right, Rory hits a wedge / 9 iron over the pin to 12ft, 2 putts and seals the win.

>

> As you said, you’re “biased” and with a short memory.

>

> ;)

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > If we put Jordan and Rory in a sack ( as the old folks would say ) I’m not sure at this juncture If anyone could predict which would fall out first.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Sure. If you can’t tell the difference between a bad week and a bad year.

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Not just a bad week. Forget the match play ?

> >

> > His putter and wedge play when it’s on the line glares. Stats be damned. You can chant that all you want. Give him a full sand wedge and tell him it’s for the win. It could be 20 long 20 short 20 left or in the hole. Who knows? Same with a putt.

> >

> > I will say that I am obviously biased , and it’s becussr I’ve never once seen Rory play to the level that he once did. I wasn’t watching golf then. My first taste of Rory golf was the pga where he played up on Phil and Rickie to make sure he finished before dark and assure that Phil had no shot at a tie. Bad first impression.

>

>

Lol. Maybe so. But there a lot of us. Commentators continuously talk about his lack of distance control.

And that shot at 18 at the players. A self admitted hard pull ( flip hook mistake). That could have very easily went into the h2o.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Winning majors today is far tougher and deeper than in any previous era. And the world of golf is pretty unanimous about this. But that doesn’t devalue Tiger, Jack, Hogan’s majors etc, it’s just a reality of this massive evolution in golf we’ve witnessed and are enjoying.

>

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > No, 7 or 8. But in this era that’s almost equally as impressive.

> > >

> > > > > Sure, but then Tiger didn’t win a major after 32. After watching Rory re-focus this year and seeing the quality of results from this focus, I have a feeling Rory won’t be stuck on 4 majors throughout his 30s (baring injury that is).

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Sure, but you also have to let Rory’s career play out to see where he’ll sit.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Everyone expects Tiger to win majors virtually every year but the reality is he hasn’t won the Masters for 13 years, or any major in 10 years. So like Tiger, Rory is a victim of his earlier success.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> > > > > > > > > > Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yeah but overall, Tiger already racked up 80 wins including 14 majors.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He could have retired in 2008 and still been considered a top 2 player all time.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Rory, while he had early success, didn't sustain it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Tiger sustained excellence for 10 straight years.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > They are really not in the same ball game. Tiger is in the GOAT level with Jack. Rory is a tier or two below. Even he would admit that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not to know that he'll never reach Jack or Tiger...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tiger was at 10 majors, total of 46 PGA Tour wins at Rory's current age.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Rory is at 4 majors, with total of 15 PGA Tour wins and 13 European Tour.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not even close... Rory's an all time great but Tiger's run was just on a completely different level.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yeah I don't think he'll be stuck on 4 either.

> > > > But do you think he will get to 14?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That may be one of your top 10 most entertaining posts. Thank you for the chuckle.

>

>

Is that why Rory hasn’t won any more ? Jordan JT keopka Xander’s class came along. He hasn’t sniffed one since then. Makes sense.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Winning majors today is far tougher and deeper than in any previous era. And the world of golf is pretty unanimous about this. But that doesn’t devalue Tiger, Jack, Hogan’s majors etc, it’s just a reality of this massive evolution in golf we’ve witnessed and are enjoying.

>

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > No, 7 or 8. But in this era that’s almost equally as impressive.

> > >

> > > > > Sure, but then Tiger didn’t win a major after 32. After watching Rory re-focus this year and seeing the quality of results from this focus, I have a feeling Rory won’t be stuck on 4 majors throughout his 30s (baring injury that is).

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Sure, but you also have to let Rory’s career play out to see where he’ll sit.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Everyone expects Tiger to win majors virtually every year but the reality is he hasn’t won the Masters for 13 years, or any major in 10 years. So like Tiger, Rory is a victim of his earlier success.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > > > > > > > > > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> > > > > > > > > > Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yeah but overall, Tiger already racked up 80 wins including 14 majors.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He could have retired in 2008 and still been considered a top 2 player all time.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Rory, while he had early success, didn't sustain it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Tiger sustained excellence for 10 straight years.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > They are really not in the same ball game. Tiger is in the GOAT level with Jack. Rory is a tier or two below. Even he would admit that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not to know that he'll never reach Jack or Tiger...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tiger was at 10 majors, total of 46 PGA Tour wins at Rory's current age.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Rory is at 4 majors, with total of 15 PGA Tour wins and 13 European Tour.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not even close... Rory's an all time great but Tiger's run was just on a completely different level.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yeah I don't think he'll be stuck on 4 either.

> > > > But do you think he will get to 14?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That may be one of your top 10 most entertaining posts. Thank you for the chuckle.

>

>

Saying "No, 7 or 8. But in this era that’s almost equally as impressive" is by definition devaluing Jack and Tiger's majors.

You're saying that in your mind, Jack and Tiger's majors are only worth around 1/2 of 1 of today's Majors.

But your whole theory is obviously going to be proved completely wrong when Tiger wins another major. And he's clearly not as good as he was in his absolute prime.

The statistics actually show that today's era simply has a lot of really good players but no transcendently great player capable of dominating the era the way Tiger did.

The fields haven't stopped DJ, Day, Spieth, JT or Rory from dominating for 10 years. They've stopped themselves because none have the total package prime Tiger had.

They have a great stretch of tournaments but then they disappear for a while. That's why the world #1 spot has been a revolving door.

And notice how easily 43 year old Tiger climbed the OWGR...he's at 12th now and hasn't even had a full 2 years back playing...this era is Charmin soft...he cut through the ranking like it's warm butter.

• Like 1

Again more exaggerations, Rory said it turned a little more than he expected but knew it was ok. It’s called setting up shots with margins of error. He hit a great shot.

Forget opinions when there’s actual objective facts, so lets look at the facts of his Approach play this year:

Rory Mcilroy 2018……………………………Rory Mcilroy 2019

– Strokes Gained: APP…#56 (+0.269)……..Strokes Gained: APP…#12 (+0.753)

Tiger Woods 2018……………………………..Tiger Woods 2019

– Strokes Gained: APP…#3 (+0.883)………..Strokes Gained: APP…#16 (+0.700)

Jordan Spieth 2018……………………………Jordan Spieth 2019

– Strokes Gained: APP…#33 (+0.409)………Strokes Gained: APP…#111 (+0.020)

As you can see, it’s very good.

> @bladehunter said:

> > bladehunter:

> > “Give him a full sand wedge and tell him it’s for the win. It could be 20 long 20 short 20 left or in the hole.”

> > –––––––––––––

> >

> > I love it when people have short memories…

> >

> > Hole 16 @ The Players with the win on the line, Rory hits a 9 iron from the rough with water on the right and slams it 19ft for eagle - makes birdie.

> >

> > Hole 17 @ The Players water water everywhere with the win on the line, Rory hits his wedge on safely where others have and do struggle, 2 putts for steady par.

> >

> > Hole 18 @ The Players with the win on the line and water all down the right, Rory hits a wedge / 9 iron over the pin to 12ft, 2 putts and seals the win.

> >

> > As you said, you’re “biased” and with a short memory.

> >

> > ;)

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > If we put Jordan and Rory in a sack ( as the old folks would say ) I’m not sure at this juncture If anyone could predict which would fall out first.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sure. If you can’t tell the difference between a bad week and a bad year.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Not just a bad week. Forget the match play ?

> > >

> > > His putter and wedge play when it’s on the line glares. Stats be damned. You can chant that all you want. Give him a full sand wedge and tell him it’s for the win. It could be 20 long 20 short 20 left or in the hole. Who knows? Same with a putt.

> > >

> > > I will say that I am obviously biased , and it’s becussr I’ve never once seen Rory play to the level that he once did. I wasn’t watching golf then. My first taste of Rory golf was the pga where he played up on Phil and Rickie to make sure he finished before dark and assure that Phil had no shot at a tie. Bad first impression.

> >

> >

>

> Lol. Maybe so. But there a lot of us. Commentators continuously talk about his lack of distance control.

>

> And that shot at 18 at the players. A self admitted hard pull ( flip hook mistake). That could have very easily went into the h2o.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Ha ha well said… but that “bias” of blades prevents him from being congruent to his own thoughts and rules.

>

> ;)

>

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > I’m comparing him to where he should be. 7-8 majors and #1 in the world.

> >

> > You must _really_ hate Tiger. Doesn't play at the level he once did. Based on where he was pre-hydrant, he "should" have 26 majors by now.

>

>

Not aware of any rules regarding thought. Especially when comparing two different targets. One has multiple reasons for a stall. Some self inflicted. Some wear issues.

The other is inexplicable. Couple minor injuries of you want to cite those. Fine. But overall what’s the holdup?

Rory is one of those folks who bugs me in a way I can’t put my finger on. I’m certain he’s s nice guy. Certain he’s honest. Certain he’s a good friend and husband. But. He has a lazy streak. Just something he exudes in his attitude that I cannot work around. Like when he’s on. You can see it in his step. Miss a putt. “ ah I quit. “ slumped shoulders. Defeated. There’s a lot of quit in him. He quit after that missed putt on the par 5 early at the masters last year on Sunday. That type thing bothers me.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Again more exaggerations, Rory said it turned a little more than he expected but knew it was ok. It’s called setting up shots with margins of error. He hit a great shot.

>

> Forget opinions when there’s actual objective facts, so lets look at the facts of his Approach play this year:

>

> Rory Mcilroy 2018……………………………Rory Mcilroy 2019

> – Strokes Gained: APP…#56 (+0.269)……..Strokes Gained: APP…#12 (+0.753)

>

> Tiger Woods 2018……………………………..Tiger Woods 2019

> – Strokes Gained: APP…#3 (+0.883)………..Strokes Gained: APP…#16 (+0.700)

>

> Jordan Spieth 2018……………………………Jordan Spieth 2019

> – Strokes Gained: APP…#33 (+0.409)………Strokes Gained: APP…#111 (+0.020)

>

> As you can see, it’s very good.

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > bladehunter:

> > > “Give him a full sand wedge and tell him it’s for the win. It could be 20 long 20 short 20 left or in the hole.”

> > > –––––––––––––

> > >

> > > I love it when people have short memories…

> > >

> > > Hole 16 @ The Players with the win on the line, Rory hits a 9 iron from the rough with water on the right and slams it 19ft for eagle - makes birdie.

> > >

> > > Hole 17 @ The Players water water everywhere with the win on the line, Rory hits his wedge on safely where others have and do struggle, 2 putts for steady par.

> > >

> > > Hole 18 @ The Players with the win on the line and water all down the right, Rory hits a wedge / 9 iron over the pin to 12ft, 2 putts and seals the win.

> > >

> > > As you said, you’re “biased” and with a short memory.

> > >

> > > ;)

> > >

> > > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > If we put Jordan and Rory in a sack ( as the old folks would say ) I’m not sure at this juncture If anyone could predict which would fall out first.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Sure. If you can’t tell the difference between a bad week and a bad year.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Not just a bad week. Forget the match play ?

> > > >

> > > > His putter and wedge play when it’s on the line glares. Stats be damned. You can chant that all you want. Give him a full sand wedge and tell him it’s for the win. It could be 20 long 20 short 20 left or in the hole. Who knows? Same with a putt.

> > > >

> > > > I will say that I am obviously biased , and it’s becussr I’ve never once seen Rory play to the level that he once did. I wasn’t watching golf then. My first taste of Rory golf was the pga where he played up on Phil and Rickie to make sure he finished before dark and assure that Phil had no shot at a tie. Bad first impression.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Lol. Maybe so. But there a lot of us. Commentators continuously talk about his lack of distance control.

> >

> > And that shot at 18 at the players. A self admitted hard pull ( flip hook mistake). That could have very easily went into the h2o.

>

>

The quote in the air from memory was something like “ Jesus get down ... get down “.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Since 2010 the facts show a significant uptick in young players flooding the tour, the tour has continued like this since. Add in the fact everything continues to get more professionalised, it’s a big factor as to why Tiger has struggled since 2008 to win another.

> @bladehunter said:

> > Winning majors today is far tougher and deeper than in any previous era. And the world of golf is pretty unanimous about this. But that doesn’t devalue Tiger, Jack, Hogan’s majors etc, it’s just a reality of this massive evolution in golf we’ve witnessed and are enjoying.

> >

> > > > No, 7 or 8. But in this era that’s almost equally as impressive.

> > > >

> > > > > > Sure, but then Tiger didn’t win a major after 32. After watching Rory re-focus this year and seeing the quality of results from this focus, I have a feeling Rory won’t be stuck on 4 majors throughout his 30s (baring injury that is).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sure, but you also have to let Rory’s career play out to see where he’ll sit.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Everyone expects Tiger to win majors virtually every year but the reality is he hasn’t won the Masters for 13 years, or any major in 10 years. So like Tiger, Rory is a victim of his earlier success.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> > > > > > > > > > > Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yeah but overall, Tiger already racked up 80 wins including 14 majors.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > He could have retired in 2008 and still been considered a top 2 player all time.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Rory, while he had early success, didn't sustain it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Tiger sustained excellence for 10 straight years.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > They are really not in the same ball game. Tiger is in the GOAT level with Jack. Rory is a tier or two below. Even he would admit that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not to know that he'll never reach Jack or Tiger...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Tiger was at 10 majors, total of 46 PGA Tour wins at Rory's current age.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Rory is at 4 majors, with total of 15 PGA Tour wins and 13 European Tour.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's not even close... Rory's an all time great but Tiger's run was just on a completely different level.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah I don't think he'll be stuck on 4 either.

> > > > > But do you think he will get to 14?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That may be one of your top 10 most entertaining posts. Thank you for the chuckle.

> >

> >

>

> Is that why Rory hasn’t won any more ? Jordan JT keopka Xander’s class came along. He hasn’t sniffed one since then. Makes sense.

But it is ok if he doesn’t win it this year as he understands he’s got many other years to try and achieve it, that was the context he gave if you listened more carefully. Understand that saying you’re ok with not achieving something means you aren’t attached to it. That isn’t “defeat”, that doesn’t mean you don’t care, it just means you’ve got perspective in your pursuit of something that you’ve decided to dedicated your life to achieving.

Based on your numerous posts, this way of thinking seems alien to you, and that’s ok…

> @bladehunter said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > I’m comparing him to where he should be. 7-8 majors and #1 in the world.

> > > >

> > > > You must _really_ hate Tiger. Doesn't play at the level he once did. Based on where he was pre-hydrant, he "should" have 26 majors by now.

> > >

> > > lol. After 2013 it’s all just gravy. He was goat of the “modern “ age at that time. Nothing more to achieve except jacks record. ( I do call jack greatest ever till then ).

> > >

> > >

> > > As much as I’m biased a few are just as biased the other way. Can’t you see I’m giving him the utmost compliment for his talent level. I just don’t see the “ want to “ he needs to be great. And that’s fine. But if he doesn’t care. Why should we ?

> >

> > Are you talking about Rory? What makes you think he doesn't want it or doesn't care? Look at the commitment he made to his body. Look how well he's playing this year. He could have packed it in and pulled an Anthony Kim a long time ago if he didn't want it.

> >

> > I think you're making the mistake of thinking because he has an all time beautiful swing and hits it long and straight that that means he should be as good as Jack or Tiger.

> >

> > Rory has never been on that level mentally or with his short game/putting. There are many different forms of talent in golf. Having the beautiful swing and long game is only about 1/5th of the game.

>

> he said it was ok if he didn’t get the masters this year. There’s always next. Sure. People live forever.

>

> That’s only one example. It’s his overall tone and attitude that is too far into the limp wrist angle . I get that you can’t want it so bad you sabotage yourself. But you also can’t admit defeat before it starts. That’s what he did during his presser.

I’d love to see those statistics… and no, it’s more like saying Usain Bolt ran quicker times for his wins than Carl Lewis did, it doesn’t devalue Carl’s wins in any way as he can only compete and win against those in his era. It’s just the reality I’m highlighting of the evolution of golf.

And Tiger is one of the GOATs, so it’s not surprising he can contend today, the challenge/questions is can he win majors today.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > Winning majors today is far tougher and deeper than in any previous era. And the world of golf is pretty unanimous about this. But that doesn’t devalue Tiger, Jack, Hogan’s majors etc, it’s just a reality of this massive evolution in golf we’ve witnessed and are enjoying.

> >

> > > > No, 7 or 8. But in this era that’s almost equally as impressive.

> > > >

> > > > > > Sure, but then Tiger didn’t win a major after 32. After watching Rory re-focus this year and seeing the quality of results from this focus, I have a feeling Rory won’t be stuck on 4 majors throughout his 30s (baring injury that is).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sure, but you also have to let Rory’s career play out to see where he’ll sit.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Everyone expects Tiger to win majors virtually every year but the reality is he hasn’t won the Masters for 13 years, or any major in 10 years. So like Tiger, Rory is a victim of his earlier success.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> > > > > > > > > > > Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yeah but overall, Tiger already racked up 80 wins including 14 majors.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > He could have retired in 2008 and still been considered a top 2 player all time.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Rory, while he had early success, didn't sustain it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Tiger sustained excellence for 10 straight years.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > They are really not in the same ball game. Tiger is in the GOAT level with Jack. Rory is a tier or two below. Even he would admit that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not to know that he'll never reach Jack or Tiger...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Tiger was at 10 majors, total of 46 PGA Tour wins at Rory's current age.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Rory is at 4 majors, with total of 15 PGA Tour wins and 13 European Tour.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's not even close... Rory's an all time great but Tiger's run was just on a completely different level.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah I don't think he'll be stuck on 4 either.

> > > > > But do you think he will get to 14?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That may be one of your top 10 most entertaining posts. Thank you for the chuckle.

> >

> >

> Saying "No, 7 or 8. But in this era that’s almost equally as impressive" is by definition devaluing Jack and Tiger's majors.

>

> You're saying that in your mind, Jack and Tiger's majors are only worth around 1/2 of 1 of today's Majors.

>

> But your whole theory is obviously going to be proved completely wrong when Tiger wins another major. And he's clearly not as good as he was in his absolute prime.

>

> The statistics actually show that today's era simply has a lot of really good players but no transcendently great player capable of dominating the era the way Tiger did.

>

> The fields haven't stopped DJ, Day, Spieth, JT or Rory from dominating for 10 years. They've stopped themselves because none have the total package prime Tiger had.

>

> They have a great stretch of tournaments but then they disappear for a while. That's why the world #1 spot has been a revolving door.

>

> And notice how easily 43 year old Tiger climbed the OWGR...he's at 12th now and hasn't even had a full 2 years back playing...this era is Charmin soft...he cut through the ranking like it's warm butter.

Bladehunter

“He quit after that missed putt on the par 5 early at the masters last year on Sunday. That type thing bothers me.”

––––––––––––––––––

But that’s just not what happened, it’s your heavy bias coming into play again. Go back and look at his actual play. Here’s the facts and flow.

Hole 1:

Let me remind you Rory’s very first tee shot on hole 1 was a disaster block right and despite such a terrible start did well mentally digging deep, fighting to rescue a superb par from where he was. Do you remember Rory gained 1 shot on hole 1 when Reed made bogey?

Hole 2:

Despite Rory missing that 4ft eagle putt he still made birdie while Reed only made par. Have you forgot Rory gained yet another shot on Reed, so 2 shots in the first 2 holes? You really think Rory & his caddie “quit” after having just created a 2 shot swing?

Hole 3:

So Rory after gaining 2 shots in the first 2 holes you think Rory’s poor wedge on hole 3 missing the green resulting in bogey was a result of him “quitting”? Or could it just be a poor wedge that he’s prone to back then?

Hole 4:

Do you think Rory’s stunning 5 iron from 232 yards to 3ft making birdie (gaining another shot on Reed) was Rory “quitting” with Reed only making par?

The reality as I’ve just shown was a case of Rory fighting hard all day but never really had his swing. Here were his comments after the round…

Rory on his Masters 2018 Performance:

"I was trying to hit good shots and good putts and anytime I felt like I hit a good shot I got myself on the wrong side of the pin or gave myself a tricky one down the hill.”

The bigger question you should really be asking yourself is why does it bother you so much with Rory falling away, and not with Tiger when he held the lead at the PGA final round and then fell away finishing T6?

Hmmm interesting…

> @bladehunter said:

> > Ha ha well said… but that “bias” of blades prevents him from being congruent to his own thoughts and rules.

> >

> > ;)

> >

> > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > I’m comparing him to where he should be. 7-8 majors and #1 in the world.

> > >

> > > You must _really_ hate Tiger. Doesn't play at the level he once did. Based on where he was pre-hydrant, he "should" have 26 majors by now.

> >

> >

>

>

> Not aware of any rules regarding thought. Especially when comparing two different targets. One has multiple reasons for a stall. Some self inflicted. Some wear issues.

>

> The other is inexplicable. Couple minor injuries of you want to cite those. Fine. But overall what’s the holdup?

>

> Rory is one of those folks who bugs me in a way I can’t put my finger on. I’m certain he’s s nice guy. Certain he’s honest. Certain he’s a good friend and husband. But. He has a lazy streak. Just something he exudes in his attitude that I cannot work around. Like when he’s on. You can see it in his step. Miss a putt. “ ah I quit. “ slumped shoulders. Defeated. There’s a lot of quit in him. He quit after that missed putt on the par 5 early at the masters last year on Sunday. That type thing bothers me.

>

>

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Bladehunter

> “He quit after that missed putt on the par 5 early at the masters last year on Sunday. That type thing bothers me.”

> ––––––––––––––––––

>

> But that’s just not what happened, it’s your heavy bias coming into play again. Go back and look at his actual play. Here’s the facts and flow.

>

> Hole 1:

> Let me remind you Rory’s very first tee shot on hole 1 was a disaster block right and despite such a terrible start did well mentally digging deep, fighting to rescue a superb par from where he was. Do you remember Rory gained 1 shot on hole 1 when Reed made bogey?

>

> Hole 2:

> Despite Rory missing that 4ft eagle putt he still made birdie while Reed only made par. Have you forgot Rory gained yet another shot on Reed, so 2 shots in the first 2 holes? You really think Rory & his caddie “quit” after having just created a 2 shot swing?

>

> Hole 3:

> So Rory after gaining 2 shots in the first 2 holes you think Rory’s poor wedge on hole 3 missing the green resulting in bogey was a result of him “quitting”? Or could it just be a poor wedge that he’s prone to back then?

>

> Hole 4:

> Do you think Rory’s stunning 5 iron from 232 yards to 3ft making birdie (gaining another shot on Reed) was Rory “quitting” with Reed only making par?

>

> The reality as I’ve just shown was a case of Rory fighting hard all day but never really had his swing. Here were his comments after the round…

>

> Rory on his Masters 2018 Performance:

> "I was trying to hit good shots and good putts and anytime I felt like I hit a good shot I got myself on the wrong side of the pin or gave myself a tricky one down the hill.”

>

> The bigger question you should really be asking yourself is why does it bother you so much with Rory falling away, and not with Tiger when he held the lead at the PGA final round and then fell away finishing T6?

>

> Hmmm interesting…

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > Ha ha well said… but that “bias” of blades prevents him from being congruent to his own thoughts and rules.

> > >

> > > ;)

> > >

> > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > I’m comparing him to where he should be. 7-8 majors and #1 in the world.

> > > >

> > > > You must _really_ hate Tiger. Doesn't play at the level he once did. Based on where he was pre-hydrant, he "should" have 26 majors by now.

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Not aware of any rules regarding thought. Especially when comparing two different targets. One has multiple reasons for a stall. Some self inflicted. Some wear issues.

> >

> > The other is inexplicable. Couple minor injuries of you want to cite those. Fine. But overall what’s the holdup?

> >

> > Rory is one of those folks who bugs me in a way I can’t put my finger on. I’m certain he’s s nice guy. Certain he’s honest. Certain he’s a good friend and husband. But. He has a lazy streak. Just something he exudes in his attitude that I cannot work around. Like when he’s on. You can see it in his step. Miss a putt. “ ah I quit. “ slumped shoulders. Defeated. There’s a lot of quit in him. He quit after that missed putt on the par 5 early at the masters last year on Sunday. That type thing bothers me.

> >

> >

>

>

The quick answer is. I’ve never seen quit in Tigers eyes. I’ve seen shame. I’ve seen disgust. I’ve seen disappointment. Never seen quit.

Rory was a non factor after that putt last year.

Thought about telling you how big of a Rory fan I truly am. But .... as a fellow habitual linestepper ( Rip Charlie Murphy ) that’s too far even for me. Lol

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Did you not read the facts of what happened on Hole 4 with Rory’s 232 yard iron to 3ft for birdie and another shot swing with Reed only managing par… So Rory was a factor then too.

I’ve seen quit in Tiger’s eyes plenty of times, and the slumped body language too. Your immense bias (that you admit) prevents you from seeing it though. But that’s ok.

> @bladehunter said:

> > Bladehunter

> > “He quit after that missed putt on the par 5 early at the masters last year on Sunday. That type thing bothers me.”

> > ––––––––––––––––––

> >

> > But that’s just not what happened, it’s your heavy bias coming into play again. Go back and look at his actual play. Here’s the facts and flow.

> >

> > Hole 1:

> > Let me remind you Rory’s very first tee shot on hole 1 was a disaster block right and despite such a terrible start did well mentally digging deep, fighting to rescue a superb par from where he was. Do you remember Rory gained 1 shot on hole 1 when Reed made bogey?

> >

> > Hole 2:

> > Despite Rory missing that 4ft eagle putt he still made birdie while Reed only made par. Have you forgot Rory gained yet another shot on Reed, so 2 shots in the first 2 holes? You really think Rory & his caddie “quit” after having just created a 2 shot swing?

> >

> > Hole 3:

> > So Rory after gaining 2 shots in the first 2 holes you think Rory’s poor wedge on hole 3 missing the green resulting in bogey was a result of him “quitting”? Or could it just be a poor wedge that he’s prone to back then?

> >

> > Hole 4:

> > Do you think Rory’s stunning 5 iron from 232 yards to 3ft making birdie (gaining another shot on Reed) was Rory “quitting” with Reed only making par?

> >

> > The reality as I’ve just shown was a case of Rory fighting hard all day but never really had his swing. Here were his comments after the round…

> >

> > Rory on his Masters 2018 Performance:

> > "I was trying to hit good shots and good putts and anytime I felt like I hit a good shot I got myself on the wrong side of the pin or gave myself a tricky one down the hill.”

> >

> > The bigger question you should really be asking yourself is why does it bother you so much with Rory falling away, and not with Tiger when he held the lead at the PGA final round and then fell away finishing T6?

> >

> > Hmmm interesting…

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > Ha ha well said… but that “bias” of blades prevents him from being congruent to his own thoughts and rules.

> > > >

> > > > ;)

> > > >

> > > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > I’m comparing him to where he should be. 7-8 majors and #1 in the world.

> > > > >

> > > > > You must _really_ hate Tiger. Doesn't play at the level he once did. Based on where he was pre-hydrant, he "should" have 26 majors by now.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Not aware of any rules regarding thought. Especially when comparing two different targets. One has multiple reasons for a stall. Some self inflicted. Some wear issues.

> > >

> > > The other is inexplicable. Couple minor injuries of you want to cite those. Fine. But overall what’s the holdup?

> > >

> > > Rory is one of those folks who bugs me in a way I can’t put my finger on. I’m certain he’s s nice guy. Certain he’s honest. Certain he’s a good friend and husband. But. He has a lazy streak. Just something he exudes in his attitude that I cannot work around. Like when he’s on. You can see it in his step. Miss a putt. “ ah I quit. “ slumped shoulders. Defeated. There’s a lot of quit in him. He quit after that missed putt on the par 5 early at the masters last year on Sunday. That type thing bothers me.

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> The quick answer is. I’ve never seen quit in Tigers eyes. I’ve seen shame. I’ve seen disgust. I’ve seen disappointment. Never seen quit.

>

> Rory was a non factor after that putt last year.

>

>

> Thought about telling you how big of a Rory fan I truly am. But .... as a fellow habitual linestepper ( Rip Charlie Murphy ) that’s too far even for me. Lol

> @bscinstnct said:

> > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> >

> > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > >

> > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > >

> > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > >

> > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > >

> > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> >

> >

>

> You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

>

> And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

>

> By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

Yeah, but"Tigers a victim of his early success". SMDH another FACT sermonized to us peons by CR.

?

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @drbonesvt said:

> Did he try to get longer ? Why so f’d up

He’s still grinding. -4 overall as of tonight. It’s got to come out of the ditch sometime. We shall see.

Go tiger !!

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Okay, time to get this thread back to the original subject, i.e. Jordan Spieth.

Saw this on another site I frequent. A poster said this,

" I happened to be within 1 foot of Jordan last week when he was having a conversation with his dad after shooting a front nine 42 at Valero Texas Open. Verbatim: “I might need to get another set of eyes to watch me swing. This s*** has been going on for over a year.”

• Like 1

> @"North Texas" said:

> Okay, time to get this thread back to the original subject, i.e. Jordan Spieth.

>

> Saw this on another site I frequent. A poster said this,

>

> " I happened to be within 1 foot of Jordan last week when he was having a conversation with his dad after shooting a front nine 42 at Valero Texas Open. Verbatim: “I might need to get another set of eyes to watch me swing. This **** has been going on for over a year.”

Yikes. What's scary is that he feels dependent on someone else to see and tell him what's wrong.

I've heard a great player once say the goal was to get to where he owned his swing and could fix his own swing in the middle of a round.

Jordan has said before that in the past he just had success with his swing and never thought about it or understood what he was doing. He just did it. The problem is once you lose it, you don't know how to get it back.

He can recover but he should try to work it out in the dirt by himself IMO and just get back to basics and simplify things.

He does seem very dependant on others though - on his caddie in particular. You can only go so long asking MG "What happened there then?" before MG either quits or gets the "mutual agreement" separation statement.

And I don't know that he can figure it out. It's been 18 months or so of indifferent golf and not bring able to execute basic shots. I think he needs to go away for a month or two, switch off, sort out whatever is going on in the background and then comeback fresh with a solid team/support mechanism in place. He looks so unhappy on the course at the moment.

• Like 1

The term to explain Jordan’s remarks on his swing is called being 'unconsciously conscious'. Like you said, now it’s not working he wants to be 'consciously conscious'. But this takes time, trust and awareness to bring about. But the root problem for him still remains a mental issue.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > Okay, time to get this thread back to the original subject, i.e. Jordan Spieth.

> >

> > Saw this on another site I frequent. A poster said this,

> >

> > " I happened to be within 1 foot of Jordan last week when he was having a conversation with his dad after shooting a front nine 42 at Valero Texas Open. Verbatim: “I might need to get another set of eyes to watch me swing. This **** has been going on for over a year.”

>

> Yikes. What's scary is that he feels dependent on someone else to see and tell him what's wrong.

>

> I've heard a great player once say the goal was to get to where he owned his swing and could fix his own swing in the middle of a round.

>

> Jordan has said before that in the past he just had success with his swing and never thought about it or understood what he was doing. He just did it. The problem is once you lose it, you don't know how to get it back.

>

> He can recover but he should try to work it out in the dirt by himself IMO and just get back to basics and simplify things.

>