What up with Jordan?

tsecor

> @tsecor said:

> If Spieth doesn't put together 2 solid rounds in the next 3 days, I may jump on that bandwagon of "he may not make it back".......If DJ didn't hand him that major, Spieth would "only" have 1 and a few other victories that don't really mean that much in the big picture of greatness. IDK...doubts are creeping in as I thought this would be the week he makes a nice comeback of sorts.

He did also win the 2017 Open to make two. The 2015 US Open was quite crazy. DJ had it at the turn but Spieth also doubled 17 to setup the heroics/drama on 18. But yeah, Spieth could easily have 1 major or 5 had a few things gone just a bit differently, and obviously the narrative would be dramatically altered in both cases.

Just think if he didn't win the 2017 Open after blowing the 2016 Masters.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > If Spieth doesn't put together 2 solid rounds in the next 3 days, I may jump on that bandwagon of "he may not make it back".......If DJ didn't hand him that major, Spieth would "only" have 1 and a few other victories that don't really mean that much in the big picture of greatness. IDK...doubts are creeping in as I thought this would be the week he makes a nice comeback of sorts.

>

> He did also win the 2017 Open to make two. The 2015 US Open was quite crazy. DJ had it at the turn but Spieth also doubled 17 to setup the heroics/drama on 18. But yeah, Spieth could easily have 1 major or 5 had a few things gone just a bit differently, and obviously the narrative would be dramatically altered in both cases.

>

> Just think if he didn't win the 2017 Open after blowing the 2016 Masters.

Yep. That us open was not DJs to win. The putt he missed was for a tie. Spieth hit a 10 of 10 3 wood to 18 to make birdie. Has they been in same group you’d say Spieth played the last hole perfectly and won. Just was odd because of the groupings.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

He needs a new model of the world and himself to move him forward not just in his golf but his life away from golf. He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently.

> @dropkicked said:

> I'm not a JS, fan but I feel bad for how far he's fallen... He needs to get his head right or simply stop playing in order to refocus himself..

> Whether it's his marriage or early successes or injuries.. Whatever it is, he needs to take the time to address it asap or his days of playing elite level golf are over.

Yes, the problems with his golf are rooted in his mind as I’ve said from very early on, but surely you’ve noticed the massive decline in all parts of his game including his wedges?

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > I think you’re missing the point, Spieth uses wedges often on tour, short par 4s, on Par5’s after laying up etc… and they USE to be a strength of his, and they looked really suspect even on a simple Par 3 course. In fact every part of his game is suspect right now.

> >

> > Listening to Paul McGinley and Butch on Spieth yesterday, like I’ve identified for some time now, they too agreed it’s 100% all mental with Spieth.

> >

> > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > Jordan's Par 3 performance was rather worrying... Wedges use to be his strength.

> > >

> > > How many par 3's on tour are wedges?

> >

> >

>

> Wait a minute. You've identified for some time now that it's all mental with Spieth? Then why haven't you told us that before now instead of keeping it to yourself?

I’m convinced the opposite. It’s his swing change that’s now entered his mind. That coupled with physical ailment.

And Rory. Come on. They both fought for title of who shoots themselves out first yesterday. Rory May prove to be the actual head case.

I’m very wary of anyone who tries to lie to themselves without themselves knowing it. Rory May be doing just that.

Jordan on the other hand has described what we see in his swing exactly. He maybe lying to himself somewhat. But I suspect he actually knows the truth and is just giving public statements of “ close “ to ease pressure momentarily. Rory , he’s a bit off the deep end. Steve Jobs cannot help him hit wedges closer and play on the wind.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> He needs a new model of the world and himself to move him forward not just in his golf but his life away from golf. He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently.

>

> > @dropkicked said:

> > I'm not a JS, fan but I feel bad for how far he's fallen... He needs to get his head right or simply stop playing in order to refocus himself..

> > Whether it's his marriage or early successes or injuries.. Whatever it is, he needs to take the time to address it asap or his days of playing elite level golf are over.

>

>

Needs to see Stuart Smalley like MJ

o6gf4fagq34i.png

so...jordan's issues are still mental i hear?

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

When both Butch Harmon and Paul McGinley say it’s “absolutely in Jordan’s head” live on TV. It's wise to listen to them.

> @bladehunter said:

> I’m convinced the opposite. It’s his swing change that’s now entered his mind. That coupled with physical ailment.

>

> And Rory. Come on. They both fought for title of who shoots themselves out first yesterday. Rory May prove to be the actual head case.

>

> I’m very wary of anyone who tries to lie to themselves without themselves knowing it. Rory May be doing just that.

>

> Jordan on the other hand has described what we see in his swing exactly. He maybe lying to himself somewhat. But I suspect he actually knows the truth and is just giving public statements of “ close “ to ease pressure momentarily. Rory , he’s a bit off the deep end. Steve Jobs cannot help him hit wedges closer and play on the wind.

> @gioguy21 said:

> so...jordan's issues are still mental i hear?

Really? That's a new one, hadn't heard that before. As Cool Runnings noted, it's all about his horrid swing.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

> @bladehunter said:

> I’m convinced the opposite. It’s his swing change that’s now entered his mind. That coupled with physical ailment.

>

> And Rory. Come on. They both fought for title of who shoots themselves out first yesterday. Rory May prove to be the actual head case.

>

> I’m very wary of anyone who tries to lie to themselves without themselves knowing it. Rory May be doing just that.

>

> Jordan on the other hand has described what we see in his swing exactly. He maybe lying to himself somewhat. But I suspect he actually knows the truth and is just giving public statements of “ close “ to ease pressure momentarily. Rory , he’s a bit off the deep end. Steve Jobs cannot help him hit wedges closer and play on the wind.

LOL. Only a truly devoted Rory hater could come up with this nonsense. Steve Jobs? WTF?

Rory has been the best player so far this year. He's spent about two weeks out of the top ten during this entire decade. His game has never been the relative shambles that Jordan's currently is.

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > I’m convinced the opposite. It’s his swing change that’s now entered his mind. That coupled with physical ailment.

> >

> > And Rory. Come on. They both fought for title of who shoots themselves out first yesterday. Rory May prove to be the actual head case.

> >

> > I’m very wary of anyone who tries to lie to themselves without themselves knowing it. Rory May be doing just that.

> >

> > Jordan on the other hand has described what we see in his swing exactly. He maybe lying to himself somewhat. But I suspect he actually knows the truth and is just giving public statements of “ close “ to ease pressure momentarily. Rory , he’s a bit off the deep end. Steve Jobs cannot help him hit wedges closer and play on the wind.

>

> LOL. Only a truly devoted Rory hater could come up with this nonsense. Steve Jobs? WTF?

>

> Rory has been the best player so far this year. He's spent about two weeks out of the top ten during this entire decade. His game has never been the relative shambles that Jordan's currently is.

>

>

>

He was quoted as “ starting Steve Jobs biography today “. In regards to his mental plan.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

“Mental plan”… he’s simply reading his book. Lol… you don’t half make #### up just to sound right. But that’s why I love ya!

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > I’m convinced the opposite. It’s his swing change that’s now entered his mind. That coupled with physical ailment.

> > >

> > > And Rory. Come on. They both fought for title of who shoots themselves out first yesterday. Rory May prove to be the actual head case.

> > >

> > > I’m very wary of anyone who tries to lie to themselves without themselves knowing it. Rory May be doing just that.

> > >

> > > Jordan on the other hand has described what we see in his swing exactly. He maybe lying to himself somewhat. But I suspect he actually knows the truth and is just giving public statements of “ close “ to ease pressure momentarily. Rory , he’s a bit off the deep end. Steve Jobs cannot help him hit wedges closer and play on the wind.

> >

> > LOL. Only a truly devoted Rory hater could come up with this nonsense. Steve Jobs? WTF?

> >

> > Rory has been the best player so far this year. He's spent about two weeks out of the top ten during this entire decade. His game has never been the relative shambles that Jordan's currently is.

> >

> >

> >

>

> He was quoted as “ starting Steve Jobs biography today “. In regards to his mental plan.

Lol. Again. I didn’t make it up. I heard him say it. I simply don’t get why he’d mention it if it wasn’t important to his mindset. And if it is , I’m pretty much lost as to understanding his approach to fixing his game.

I’m also in a bad mood from which no good can come. So I’m going to cut some grass. And see if that cheers me up.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

You may have “heard” him say his name, but you weren’t 'listening'. There’s a big difference.

You stated “I simply don’t get why he’s mentioned it if it wasn’t important to his mindset”… it was because he was asked the question by the media “what good books have you been reading?”… So Rory named that book among a few others.

‘Listening’ is the key… But it doesn’t matter, you just keep making #### up! I love you regardless!

:)

> @bladehunter said:

> Lol. Again. I didn’t make it up. I heard him say it. I simply don’t get why he’d mention it if it wasn’t important to his mindset. And if it is , I’m pretty much lost as to understanding his approach to fixing his game.

>

> I’m also in a bad mood from which no good can come. So I’m going to cut some grass. And see if that cheers me up.

Lol. I guess agree to disagree. I heard them bring up his mental revival and in that vein reference that he was now reading. A lot. Then they ask what he was reading. And that was part of the answer.

Either way. All I’m defending is that the “ Steve Jobs wtf “ comment was off base. It wasn’t a made up reference as the other poster insinuated.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

@"Cool Runnings" and @bladehunter -

Be honest. Do you guys secretly PM each other to talk about all the stuff you guys actually agree on - yet leave the really juicy stuff for the threads to battle it out?

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

It wasn't "off base" in the slightest. They asked him about the books he was reading, and he named Steve Jobs book as one of them he had read. That's it. Don't over think it. Go listen to it again if you want to brush up on the facts. Ps: Your BS meter is broke through overuse.

:wink:

> @bladehunter said:

> Lol. I guess agree to disagree. I heard them bring up his mental revival and in that vein reference that he was now reading. A lot. Then they ask what he was reading. And that was part of the answer.

>

> Either way. All I’m defending is that the “ Steve Jobs wtf “ comment was off base. It wasn’t a made up reference as the other poster insinuated.

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> @"Cool Runnings" and @bladehunter -

>

> Be honest. Do you guys secretly PM each other to talk about all the stuff you guys actually agree on - yet leave the really juicy stuff for the threads to battle it out?

I just can’t say. Lol. That maybe above your pay grade.

Let’s just say. He’s a huge tiger fan and I’m a huge Rory fan. And sometimes that intersects.

No but seriously , I think we have an understanding that we’re both strong minded , or bull headed ( take your pick) and rather than make personal jabs we just try to see what the other is saying.

How’s that for a vague answer ? Lol.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> It wasn't "off base" in the slightest. They asked him about the books he was reading, and he named Steve Jobs book as one of them he had read. That's it. Don't over think it. Go listen to it again if you want to brush up on the facts. Ps: Your BS meter is broke through overuse.

>

> :wink:

>

>

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Lol. I guess agree to disagree. I heard them bring up his mental revival and in that vein reference that he was now reading. A lot. Then they ask what he was reading. And that was part of the answer.

> >

> > Either way. All I’m defending is that the “ Steve Jobs wtf “ comment was off base. It wasn’t a made up reference as the other poster insinuated.

>

>

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> It wasn't "off base" in the slightest. They asked him about the books he was reading, and he named Steve Jobs book as one of them he had read. That's it. Don't over think it. Go listen to it again if you want to brush up on the facts. Ps: Your BS meter is broke through overuse.

>

> :wink:

>

>

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Lol. I guess agree to disagree. I heard them bring up his mental revival and in that vein reference that he was now reading. A lot. Then they ask what he was reading. And that was part of the answer.

> >

> > Either way. All I’m defending is that the “ Steve Jobs wtf “ comment was off base. It wasn’t a made up reference as the other poster insinuated.

>

>

Goodness. Now neither of you can possibly think that my comment about jobs was entirely dead serious ? I don’t even think The other poster knew he was reading about Jobs. So he had to assume I made it up. I simply wanted him to know there was SOME truth to it.

Rory is actually reading anything he can think of by men who are considered great thinkers. Which in a way is admirable. But. I feel like it’s a slippery task to abandon ones own thoughts completely when you know you’ve got the formula for success within. He will either take bits and pieces and learn. Or he will stunt himself trying to follow other men. ( my opinion and my point before).

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Have you ever heard the phrase “standing on the shoulders on giants”. That’s what wise men like Rory do.

> @bladehunter said:

> > It wasn't "off base" in the slightest. They asked him about the books he was reading, and he named Steve Jobs book as one of them he had read. That's it. Don't over think it. Go listen to it again if you want to brush up on the facts. Ps: Your BS meter is broke through overuse.

> >

> > :wink:

> >

> >

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Lol. I guess agree to disagree. I heard them bring up his mental revival and in that vein reference that he was now reading. A lot. Then they ask what he was reading. And that was part of the answer.

> > >

> > > Either way. All I’m defending is that the “ Steve Jobs wtf “ comment was off base. It wasn’t a made up reference as the other poster insinuated.

> >

> >

>

> > It wasn't "off base" in the slightest. They asked him about the books he was reading, and he named Steve Jobs book as one of them he had read. That's it. Don't over think it. Go listen to it again if you want to brush up on the facts. Ps: Your BS meter is broke through overuse.

> >

> > :wink:

> >

> >

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Lol. I guess agree to disagree. I heard them bring up his mental revival and in that vein reference that he was now reading. A lot. Then they ask what he was reading. And that was part of the answer.

> > >

> > > Either way. All I’m defending is that the “ Steve Jobs wtf “ comment was off base. It wasn’t a made up reference as the other poster insinuated.

> >

> >

>

> Goodness. Now neither of you can possibly think that my comment about jobs was entirely dead serious ? I don’t even think The other poster knew he was reading about Jobs. So he had to assume I made it up. I simply wanted him to know there was SOME truth to it.

> Rory is actually reading anything he can think of by men who are considered great thinkers. Which in a way is admirable. But. I feel like it’s a slippery task to abandon ones own thoughts completely when you know you’ve got the formula for success within. He will either take bits and pieces and learn. Or he will stunt himself trying to follow other men. ( my opinion and my point before).

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Have you ever heard the phrase “standing on the shoulders on giants”. That’s what wise men like Rory do.

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > It wasn't "off base" in the slightest. They asked him about the books he was reading, and he named Steve Jobs book as one of them he had read. That's it. Don't over think it. Go listen to it again if you want to brush up on the facts. Ps: Your BS meter is broke through overuse.

> > >

> > > :wink:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > Lol. I guess agree to disagree. I heard them bring up his mental revival and in that vein reference that he was now reading. A lot. Then they ask what he was reading. And that was part of the answer.

> > > >

> > > > Either way. All I’m defending is that the “ Steve Jobs wtf “ comment was off base. It wasn’t a made up reference as the other poster insinuated.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > > It wasn't "off base" in the slightest. They asked him about the books he was reading, and he named Steve Jobs book as one of them he had read. That's it. Don't over think it. Go listen to it again if you want to brush up on the facts. Ps: Your BS meter is broke through overuse.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > > Lol. I guess agree to disagree. I heard them bring up his mental revival and in that vein reference that he was now reading. A lot. Then they ask what he was reading. And that was part of the answer.

> > > >

> > > > Either way. All I’m defending is that the “ Steve Jobs wtf “ comment was off base. It wasn’t a made up reference as the other poster insinuated.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Goodness. Now neither of you can possibly think that my comment about jobs was entirely dead serious ? I don’t even think The other poster knew he was reading about Jobs. So he had to assume I made it up. I simply wanted him to know there was SOME truth to it.

> > Rory is actually reading anything he can think of by men who are considered great thinkers. Which in a way is admirable. But. I feel like it’s a slippery task to abandon ones own thoughts completely when you know you’ve got the formula for success within. He will either take bits and pieces and learn. Or he will stunt himself trying to follow other men. ( my opinion and my point before).

>

>

Sure.?‍♀️ But you get what I’m saying. By parsing your own nuggets from them. Not adhering to some doctrine from a book. I just wonder if he’s being brainwashed by the guy on the range we’ve seen walking him around? I’m just a skeptic when it comes to past champions being led by the nose .

That’s in the form of a question Not a definite statement.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bscinstnct said:

> > He needs a new model of the world and himself to move him forward not just in his golf but his life away from golf. He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently.

> >

> > > @dropkicked said:

> > > I'm not a JS, fan but I feel bad for how far he's fallen... He needs to get his head right or simply stop playing in order to refocus himself..

> > > Whether it's his marriage or early successes or injuries.. Whatever it is, he needs to take the time to address it asap or his days of playing elite level golf are over.

> >

> >

>

> Needs to see Stuart Smalley like MJ

>

> o6gf4fagq34i.png

>

For those that never seen this...

• Like 1

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

> @bladehunter said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" and @bladehunter -

> >

> > Be honest. Do you guys secretly PM each other to talk about all the stuff you guys actually agree on - yet leave the really juicy stuff for the threads to battle it out?

>

> I just can’t say. Lol. That maybe above your pay grade.

>

> Let’s just say. He’s a huge tiger fan and I’m a huge Rory fan. And sometimes that intersects.

>

> No but seriously , I think we have an understanding that we’re both strong minded , or bull headed ( take your pick) and rather than make personal jabs we just try to see what the other is saying.

>

> How’s that for a vague answer ? Lol.

Lol. I don't know much but what I can see is that neither you or CR are easily swayed in your opinions.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @3jacker said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > so...jordan's issues are still mental i hear?

>

> Really? That's a new one, hadn't heard that before. As Cool Runnings noted, it's all about his horrid swing.

I keep telling Cool Runnings that Jordan's problems are pretty much all mental but he keeps insisting that it's all swing mechanics. I don't know for sure what Cool Running does in his real life but I'm beginning to thing that he obviously overlooks the mental aspect of the golf game.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Have you ever heard the phrase “standing on the shoulders on giants”. That’s what wise men like Rory do.

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Goodness. Now neither of you can possibly think that my comment about jobs was entirely dead serious ? I don’t even think The other poster knew he was reading about Jobs. So he had to assume I made it up. I simply wanted him to know there was SOME truth to it.

> > Rory is actually reading anything he can think of by men who are considered great thinkers. Which in a way is admirable. But. I feel like it’s a slippery task to abandon ones own thoughts completely when you know you’ve got the formula for success within. He will either take bits and pieces and learn. Or he will stunt himself trying to follow other men. ( my opinion and my point before).

>

>

Rory need to stop readin and start huntin ; )

Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> @Jackhammer993 said:

> Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

>

> He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

>

> It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

>

> I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.