What up with Jordan?

tsecor

> @bladehunter said:

> First article linked is nothing but nick faldo.

>

> Second one says a lot. But cites no proof that he’s actually trying to hit it farther. The chicken wing isn’t gone today. So ? Who knows if it’s true or not.

Nothing but Nick Faldo? See the parts I bolded: "after the world number one said he wanted to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year." and "he told reporters at the WGC-HSBC Champions event in Shanghai earlier this month that he would like to add some distance off the tee." That is referring to Jordan Spieth.

Nick Faldo is only responding to the comments made by Jordan Spieth that he is looking to add distance. I don't think Reuters would fabricate that Jordan said that.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > First article linked is nothing but nick faldo.

> >

> > Second one says a lot. But cites no proof that he’s actually trying to hit it farther. The chicken wing isn’t gone today. So ? Who knows if it’s true or not.

>

> Nothing but Nick Faldo? See the parts I bolded: "after the world number one said he wanted to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year." and "he told reporters at the WGC-HSBC Champions event in Shanghai earlier this month that he would like to add some distance off the tee." That is referring to Jordan Spieth.

>

> Nick Faldo is only responding to the comments made by Jordan Spieth that he is looking to add distance. I don't think Reuters would fabricate that Jordan said that.

Yes. I saw. One sentence. That says “ I’d like to”. Everybody would like to add distance.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > First article linked is nothing but nick faldo.

> > >

> > > Second one says a lot. But cites no proof that he’s actually trying to hit it farther. The chicken wing isn’t gone today. So ? Who knows if it’s true or not.

> >

> > Nothing but Nick Faldo? See the parts I bolded: "after the world number one said he wanted to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year." and "he told reporters at the WGC-HSBC Champions event in Shanghai earlier this month that he would like to add some distance off the tee." That is referring to Jordan Spieth.

> >

> > Nick Faldo is only responding to the comments made by Jordan Spieth that he is looking to add distance. I don't think Reuters would fabricate that Jordan said that.

>

> Yes. I saw. One sentence. That says “ I’d like to”. Everybody would like to add distance.

Again, I don't think it necessarily matters or that this is the root of Jordan's issues, but North Texas asked for "concrete information" that Jordan Spieth was at one point chasing distance.

Him telling reports that "he wanted to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year" seems like the definition of someone chasing distance.

Concrete to me is an interview that says “ yea me and Cameron started to work on launch and spin on trackman to see if I could gain 10 or so in carry. We found that if I. Hit the high draw only I picked up 7-10 so I tried to go with that and developed a 2 way miss “. That is concrete evidence of chasing distance and a fail at it.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> Concrete to me is an interview that says “ yea me and Cameron started to work on launch and spin on trackman to see if I could gain 10 or so in carry. We found that if I. Hit the high draw only I picked up 7-10 so I tried to go with that and developed a 2 way miss “. That is concrete evidence of chasing distance and a fail at it.

North Texas said "People keep saying that Jordan started chasing more distance with the driver and I keep asking what is the basis for thinking that. So far, unless I missed it, no one has provided any concrete information supporting this thought." Again, Jordan telling reporters he was going to try to add 5-10 more yards qualifies as information supporting the idea that he was chasing more distance.

Going a step further and concluding that that caused all kinds of problems---I don't know about that. I wasn't responding to that.

But I do know if we had to have a direct quote from a player to have any kind of speculation or discussion then we may as well just close down the Tour Talk section. Having a contingency that we have to have a detailed quote from a player admitting something in order to make observations...that's not reasonable.

Very rarely is a player going to admit and detail to the media exactly what is wrong with their swing, assuming they even know what is wrong with their swing.

Yet you believe Jordan has covered up an “injury” (and a key reason for his demise to you) based on absolutely zero proof whatsoever? Yet you believe THIS and not something he’s admitted?

If Jordan openly admits “I want to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year.”… it’s a highly probable outcome he’s “tried”.

> @bladehunter said:

> Sure. As long as we all agree it’s a wild **** guess. No problem.

• Like 1

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Yet you believe Jordan has covered up an “injury” (and a key reason for his demise to you) based on absolutely zero proof whatsoever? Yet you believe THIS and not something he’s admitted?

>

> If Jordan openly admits “I want to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year.”… it’s a highly probable outcome he’s “tried”.

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Sure. As long as we all agree it’s a wild **** guess. No problem.

>

>

I never said I had zero proof of that. I just didn’t tell you what that was. Nor will I. Lol.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > Yet you believe Jordan has covered up an “injury” (and a key reason for his demise to you) based on absolutely zero proof whatsoever? Yet you believe THIS and not something he’s admitted?

> >

> > If Jordan openly admits “I want to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year.”… it’s a highly probable outcome he’s “tried”.

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Sure. As long as we all agree it’s a wild **** guess. No problem.

> >

> >

>

> I never said I had zero proof of that. I just didn’t tell you what that was. Nor will I. Lol.

Well ... we know who your favorite golfer is. The one I still say has no shot at The Masters this year.

I also did not say that was the reason for anything. Nor have I mentioned it more than once. Etc. it’s of course an unsubstantiated rumor. Which is why I didn’t tell it for fact. Unlike the wild assed guesses you guys are telling as fact. Kind of is my point. Mentioned something in the form of a question to discuss is one thing. Saying it’s truth with nothing more than a “ I’d like to “ single sentence is another entirely.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @rattlergolfer said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > Yet you believe Jordan has covered up an “injury” (and a key reason for his demise to you) based on absolutely zero proof whatsoever? Yet you believe THIS and not something he’s admitted?

> > >

> > > If Jordan openly admits “I want to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year.”… it’s a highly probable outcome he’s “tried”.

> > >

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > Sure. As long as we all agree it’s a wild **** guess. No problem.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I never said I had zero proof of that. I just didn’t tell you what that was. Nor will I. Lol.

>

> Well ... we know who your favorite golfer is. The one I still say has no shot at The Masters this year.

Not even close. Probably Phil first tiger second. If we’re talking watching them in full flight. Maybe reverse that for tiger 1.0.

By the way. This same discussion was had about tiger here for a couple years. He didn’t retire as reported either. lol

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @rattlergolfer said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > Yet you believe Jordan has covered up an “injury” (and a key reason for his demise to you) based on absolutely zero proof whatsoever? Yet you believe THIS and not something he’s admitted?

> > >

> > > If Jordan openly admits “I want to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year.”… it’s a highly probable outcome he’s “tried”.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I never said I had zero proof of that. I just didn’t tell you what that was. Nor will I. Lol.

>

> Well ... we know who your favorite golfer is. The one I still say has no shot at The Masters this year.

Are you under the impression someone here is trying to convince you that he will contend at the masters or win so you triple down? are you repeating yourself for added effect? Also, youre new here and Blade is a straight shooter.there is no chance Spieth is Blades favorite golfer.Hes a tiger/phil guy but he knows BS speculation when he sees it.Enjoy the masters next week, regardless of who wins

> @lowheel said:

> > @rattlergolfer said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > Yet you believe Jordan has covered up an “injury” (and a key reason for his demise to you) based on absolutely zero proof whatsoever? Yet you believe THIS and not something he’s admitted?

> > > >

> > > > If Jordan openly admits “I want to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year.”… it’s a highly probable outcome he’s “tried”.

> > > >

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > Sure. As long as we all agree it’s a wild **** guess. No problem.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I never said I had zero proof of that. I just didn’t tell you what that was. Nor will I. Lol.

> >

> > Well ... we know who your favorite golfer is. The one I still say has no shot at The Masters this year.

>

> Are you under the impression someone here is trying to convince you that he will contend at the masters or win so you triple down? are you repeating yourself for added effect? Also, youre new here and Blade is a straight shooter.there is no chance Spieth is Blades favorite golfer.Hes a tiger/phil guy but he knows BS speculation when he sees it.Enjoy the masters next week, regardless of who wins

True. I am a newbie. I not sure where you picked up the B.S. speculation.

I do not know all you guys personalities or likes. However, if I am correct he noted he had Jordan in his pool to win the Masters. But I could be wrong and have no problem admitting it.

Please note I take ownership of my errors and I admit to my wrongs.

So let me get this straight… you now have ‘some’ proof that Jordan’s had an “injury” (a key reason behind his long demise), Jordan & his team have never mentioned anything about this mystery “injury”, the world doesn’t know anything about it, but you do, yet “nor will you tell me”?

Please tell me you aren’t currently wearing tin-foil hat? ;)

> @bladehunter said:

> > Yet you believe Jordan has covered up an “injury” (and a key reason for his demise to you) based on absolutely zero proof whatsoever? Yet you believe THIS and not something he’s admitted?

> >

> > If Jordan openly admits “I want to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year.”… it’s a highly probable outcome he’s “tried”.

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Sure. As long as we all agree it’s a wild **** guess. No problem.

> >

> >

>

> I never said I had zero proof of that. I just didn’t tell you what that was. Nor will I. Lol.

> @rattlergolfer said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @rattlergolfer said:

> > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > Yet you believe Jordan has covered up an “injury” (and a key reason for his demise to you) based on absolutely zero proof whatsoever? Yet you believe THIS and not something he’s admitted?

> > > > >

> > > > > If Jordan openly admits “I want to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year.”… it’s a highly probable outcome he’s “tried”.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > Sure. As long as we all agree it’s a wild **** guess. No problem.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I never said I had zero proof of that. I just didn’t tell you what that was. Nor will I. Lol.

> > >

> > > Well ... we know who your favorite golfer is. The one I still say has no shot at The Masters this year.

> >

> > Are you under the impression someone here is trying to convince you that he will contend at the masters or win so you triple down? are you repeating yourself for added effect? Also, youre new here and Blade is a straight shooter.there is no chance Spieth is Blades favorite golfer.Hes a tiger/phil guy but he knows BS speculation when he sees it.Enjoy the masters next week, regardless of who wins

>

> True. I am a newbie. I not sure where you picked up the B.S. speculation.

> I do not know all you guys personalities or likes. However, if I am correct he noted he had Jordan in his pool to win the Masters. But I could be wrong and have no problem admitting it.

>

> Please note I take ownership of my errors and I admit to my wrongs.

>

Thats cool, just know that spieth has the best masters record over the last 5 years pretty decisively. he hasnt always gone in hot or as the favorite but somehow he finds it there, just like vintage tiger and vintage Phil did. Its not crazy to suggest he would contend or win. youre welcome to state anything you want just know there will be pushback or simple disagreement which is always good.

Is that from the same source of “unsubstantiated rumors” that the earth is flat?

;)

Bladehunter:

“Unlike the wild assed guesses you guys are telling as fact.”

You do realise Jordan Spieth himself said “I want to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on my driving distance next year.”… so hardly a “wild assed guess”, no? And all straightshot7 and myself are saying on this specific reason is as Spieth himself had mentioned this was his plan, so it’s ‘possibly’ a factor in his swing struggles, which Jordan is experiencing and also has admitted to having grave problems with.

> @bladehunter said:

> I also did not say that was the reason for anything. Nor have I mentioned it more than once. Etc. it’s of course an unsubstantiated rumor. Which is why I didn’t tell it for fact. Unlike the wild assed guesses you guys are telling as fact. Kind of is my point. Mentioned something in the form of a question to discuss is one thing. Saying it’s truth with nothing more than a “ I’d like to “ single sentence is another entirely.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> So let me get this straight… you now have ‘some’ proof that Jordan’s had an “injury” (a key reason behind his long demise), Jordan & his team have never mentioned anything about this mystery “injury”, the world doesn’t know anything about it, but you do, yet “nor will you tell me”?

>

> Please tell me you aren’t currently wearing tin-foil hat? ;)

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

Nope. No proof of anything in the honest sense of the word. But just as much proof as you guys have that he’s ruined himself chasing distance.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @rattlergolfer said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @rattlergolfer said:

> > > > > Yet you believe Jordan has covered up an “injury” (and a key reason for his demise to you) based on absolutely zero proof whatsoever? Yet you believe THIS and not something he’s admitted?

> > > > >

> > > > > If Jordan openly admits “I want to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year.”… it’s a highly probable outcome he’s “tried”.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I never said I had zero proof of that. I just didn’t tell you what that was. Nor will I. Lol.

> > >

> > > Well ... we know who your favorite golfer is. The one I still say has no shot at The Masters this year.

> >

> > Are you under the impression someone here is trying to convince you that he will contend at the masters or win so you triple down? are you repeating yourself for added effect? Also, youre new here and Blade is a straight shooter.there is no chance Spieth is Blades favorite golfer.Hes a tiger/phil guy but he knows BS speculation when he sees it.Enjoy the masters next week, regardless of who wins

>

> True. I am a newbie. I not sure where you picked up the B.S. speculation.

> I do not know all you guys personalities or likes. However, if I am correct he noted he had Jordan in his pool to win the Masters. But I could be wrong and have no problem admitting it.

>

> Please note I take ownership of my errors and I admit to my wrongs.

>

First off. Welcome. And second. I’m very quick to take ownership of my own here. Have done so many times.

Truth be told I love to derail any of these haterade laced threads. No matter the player. There are members here ( not saying you ) that have voted this kid as a no talent hack since day one. They crawl under their rocks when he wins. And back out when he doesn’t. Just read the 16 masters thread. Guess what. They were wrong then. And are wrong now. There’s an intangible that he has. And cool is likely right that it’s mostly mental. But that’s part of the double edged sword of genius. I can’t name one truly great thinker , player etc that didn’t have a near equal fault that could at times counter act their genius. His may just be his compulsion to over analyze.

That being possibly true is far from being the same as those crying “ fluke , has been , never was , lucky , ugly swing “ etc.

I mean we’ve witnessed a reversal of a quite similar thing recently in Rory. I for one pair their talent level at pretty equal. In different aspects of course. But potential is pretty even. Just gals me to see these threads Witt pure intent of bashing someone while they are down pop up.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Personally I never said (in fact I made a point of saying I did not believe it) that Jordan "ruined himself chasing distance".

If I had to say why he has been struggling it would be from a combination of swing changes, too many swing thoughts, lack of confidence, analyzing too much in general, and struggling with the putter. He himself has talked at length about how swing changes have been difficult for him and it's pretty clear from watching him that too much is going through his mind.

e.g. https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/jordan-spieth-delivers-some-downright-bizarre-quotes-after-struggling-again-in-hawaii/ and https://nypost.com/2018/08/10/jordan-spieth-admits-he-spent-months-wrecking-his-swing/

But that's just my 2 cents and I don't expect it to be proof of anything. Nor do I want to get in a discussion about it because the odds of you and I ever agreeing on something regarding your boy are slim to none.

> @bladehunter said:

> > So let me get this straight… you now have ‘some’ proof that Jordan’s had an “injury” (a key reason behind his long demise), Jordan & his team have never mentioned anything about this mystery “injury”, the world doesn’t know anything about it, but you do, yet “nor will you tell me”?

> >

> > Please tell me you aren’t currently wearing tin-foil hat? ;)

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > Yet you believe Jordan has covered up an “injury” (and a key reason for his demise to you) based on absolutely zero proof whatsoever? Yet you believe THIS and not something he’s admitted?

> > > >

> > > > If Jordan openly admits “I want to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year.”… it’s a highly probable outcome he’s “tried”.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I never said I had zero proof of that. I just didn’t tell you what that was. Nor will I. Lol.

> >

> >

>

> Nope. No proof of anything in the honest sense of the word. But just as much proof as you guys have that he’s ruined himself chasing distance.

> @lowheel said:

> > @rattlergolfer said:

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > > @rattlergolfer said:

> > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > Yet you believe Jordan has covered up an “injury” (and a key reason for his demise to you) based on absolutely zero proof whatsoever? Yet you believe THIS and not something he’s admitted?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If Jordan openly admits “I want to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year.”… it’s a highly probable outcome he’s “tried”.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > Sure. As long as we all agree it’s a wild **** guess. No problem.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I never said I had zero proof of that. I just didn’t tell you what that was. Nor will I. Lol.

> > > >

> > > > Well ... we know who your favorite golfer is. The one I still say has no shot at The Masters this year.

> > >

> > > Are you under the impression someone here is trying to convince you that he will contend at the masters or win so you triple down? are you repeating yourself for added effect? Also, youre new here and Blade is a straight shooter.there is no chance Spieth is Blades favorite golfer.Hes a tiger/phil guy but he knows BS speculation when he sees it.Enjoy the masters next week, regardless of who wins

> >

> > True. I am a newbie. I not sure where you picked up the B.S. speculation.

> > I do not know all you guys personalities or likes. However, if I am correct he noted he had Jordan in his pool to win the Masters. But I could be wrong and have no problem admitting it.

> >

> > Please note I take ownership of my errors and I admit to my wrongs.

> >

> Thats cool, just know that spieth has the best masters record over the last 5 years pretty decisively. he hasnt always gone in hot or as the favorite but somehow he finds it there, just like vintage tiger and vintage Phil did. Its not crazy to suggest he would contend or win. youre welcome to state anything you want just know there will be pushback or simple disagreement which is always good.

I am a golfaholic too. He nor Boom-boom need a reason to get jacked up for The Masters. It just happens.

However, Jordan of late just seems to be all over the place to me. Plus, he has had alot of life alternating events of late. Bigger endorsements and a marriage. Those things can have an effect or your psyche. His record of leading the tournament 7 straight rounds is phonemenal. But I it could go up in smoke like AK Masters birdie record.

If ... Shoulda ... Coulda .... He Jordan would have to Jackets.

But there IS some credible proof Jordan’s been “chasing distance” because he admitted to his goal in chasing it. And there’s zero proof of some secret “injury”.

But that’s a separate question as to whether Jordan in “chasing distance” it has been a factor in his ongoing swing problems.

Note, my position all along has been his issues are rooted mentally, and this has now bled into his technical. And this insight comes from my experience in this area and through observing Spieth’s communication in his words, stories, tone, physiology and repetitive actions over a period of time.

> @bladehunter said:

> > So let me get this straight… you now have ‘some’ proof that Jordan’s had an “injury” (a key reason behind his long demise), Jordan & his team have never mentioned anything about this mystery “injury”, the world doesn’t know anything about it, but you do, yet “nor will you tell me”?

> >

> > Please tell me you aren’t currently wearing tin-foil hat? ;)

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> Nope. No proof of anything in the honest sense of the word. But just as much proof as you guys have that he’s ruined himself chasing distance.

I just don’t agree t> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> But there IS some credible proof Jordan’s been “chasing distance” because he admitted to his goal in chasing it. And there’s zero proof of some secret “injury”.

>

> But that’s a separate question as to whether Jordan in “chasing distance” it has been a factor in his ongoing swing problems.

>

> Note, my position all along has been his issues are rooted mentally, and this has now bled into his technical. And this insight comes from my experience in this area and through observing Spieth’s communication in his words, stories, tone, physiology and repetitive actions over a period of time.

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > So let me get this straight… you now have ‘some’ proof that Jordan’s had an “injury” (a key reason behind his long demise), Jordan & his team have never mentioned anything about this mystery “injury”, the world doesn’t know anything about it, but you do, yet “nor will you tell me”?

> > >

> > > Please tell me you aren’t currently wearing tin-foil hat? ;)

> > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Nope. No proof of anything in the honest sense of the word. But just as much proof as you guys have that he’s ruined himself chasing distance.

>

>

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> But there IS some credible proof Jordan’s been “chasing distance” because he admitted to his goal in chasing it. And there’s zero proof of some secret “injury”.

>

> But that’s a separate question as to whether Jordan in “chasing distance” it has been a factor in his ongoing swing problems.

>

> Note, my position all along has been his issues are rooted mentally, and this has now bled into his technical. And this insight comes from my experience in this area and through observing Spieth’s communication in his words, stories, tone, physiology and repetitive actions over a period of time.

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > So let me get this straight… you now have ‘some’ proof that Jordan’s had an “injury” (a key reason behind his long demise), Jordan & his team have never mentioned anything about this mystery “injury”, the world doesn’t know anything about it, but you do, yet “nor will you tell me”?

> > >

> > > Please tell me you aren’t currently wearing tin-foil hat? ;)

> > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Nope. No proof of anything in the honest sense of the word. But just as much proof as you guys have that he’s ruined himself chasing distance.

>

>

i Just don’t agree that him stating that he’d like to find 10 yards is akin to an admittance that his goals are centered on more distance. I’d at least want context of that statement. Was it due to a question about his distance average ? If so. What player wouldn’t say he’d like 10 more yards ? You’re having to build a bridge to get to that conclusion.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Just had a thought. This reminds me of an argument involving Rory , Tiger , the wind and a wedge.

And I mean that in the friendliest way possible. We’re all biased one way or another. ( pointing finger at myself ).

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/golf-central-blog/faldo-warns-spieth-dont-over-tinker-gain-distance

"When asked recently what he can improve in 2016, Jordan Spieth said that he wanted to get a bit longer off the tee – nothing much, maybe five or 10 yards, the combination of improving his swing and working hard in the gym."

He chose this as his one response to how he could improve in the following year...how much clearer can it be man...

He never flippantly said "Yeah, I'd like to gain 10 yards" as you keep suggesting. He specifically asserted that it was a goal for him to be longer the following season.

> @bladehunter said:

> I just don’t agree t> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > But there IS some credible proof Jordan’s been “chasing distance” because he admitted to his goal in chasing it. And there’s zero proof of some secret “injury”.

> >

> > But that’s a separate question as to whether Jordan in “chasing distance” it has been a factor in his ongoing swing problems.

> >

> > Note, my position all along has been his issues are rooted mentally, and this has now bled into his technical. And this insight comes from my experience in this area and through observing Spieth’s communication in his words, stories, tone, physiology and repetitive actions over a period of time.

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > So let me get this straight… you now have ‘some’ proof that Jordan’s had an “injury” (a key reason behind his long demise), Jordan & his team have never mentioned anything about this mystery “injury”, the world doesn’t know anything about it, but you do, yet “nor will you tell me”?

> > > >

> > > > Please tell me you aren’t currently wearing tin-foil hat? ;)

> > > >

> > > > > > Yet you believe Jordan has covered up an “injury” (and a key reason for his demise to you) based on absolutely zero proof whatsoever? Yet you believe THIS and not something he’s admitted?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If Jordan openly admits “I want to try and gain an extra five to 10 yards on his driving distance next year.”… it’s a highly probable outcome he’s “tried”.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I never said I had zero proof of that. I just didn’t tell you what that was. Nor will I. Lol.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Nope. No proof of anything in the honest sense of the word. But just as much proof as you guys have that he’s ruined himself chasing distance.

> >

> >

>

> > But there IS some credible proof Jordan’s been “chasing distance” because he admitted to his goal in chasing it. And there’s zero proof of some secret “injury”.

> >

> > But that’s a separate question as to whether Jordan in “chasing distance” it has been a factor in his ongoing swing problems.

> >

> > Note, my position all along has been his issues are rooted mentally, and this has now bled into his technical. And this insight comes from my experience in this area and through observing Spieth’s communication in his words, stories, tone, physiology and repetitive actions over a period of time.

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > So let me get this straight… you now have ‘some’ proof that Jordan’s had an “injury” (a key reason behind his long demise), Jordan & his team have never mentioned anything about this mystery “injury”, the world doesn’t know anything about it, but you do, yet “nor will you tell me”?

> > > >

> > > > Please tell me you aren’t currently wearing tin-foil hat? ;)

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Nope. No proof of anything in the honest sense of the word. But just as much proof as you guys have that he’s ruined himself chasing distance.

> >

> >

>

> i Just don’t agree that him stating that he’d like to find 10 yards is akin to an admittance that his goals are centered on more distance. I’d at least want context of that statement. Was it due to a question about his distance average ? If so. What player wouldn’t say he’d like 10 more yards ? You’re having to build a bridge to get to that conclusion.

Lol. Good quote. It does seem more believable that he said it now. But. By that quote we could also deduce that the downturn maybe gym related. And still be just as correct/wrong as now.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bscinstnct said:

> He looks a little frail.

mentally...he will get over it. He relied too much on his scrambling, putting for years. Too talented not to come back to his former self soon. Some shocking scores, swing looks the same as it's always looked so not sure where this extra distance is coming from, maybe hitech shafts. he will be back. Its golf afterall and few years back he made 22 million + for that year alone. Master's took a toll on him..then he comes back with the big Open win over Kuchar .

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

Quick somebody dig up some analysis on how his swing is no good anymore. BTW he just played pretty decent at the Valero Open. Baby steps people. Just don't forget he was at the top of the game. Just not any more. Not saying he will be back there again with the same ferocity, but he's just slumping. He is on the right track moving back though.

On a Podcast he talked about being off alignment on his putter, which bled to other clubs. For pro's consistency is the key and he stated that was/is his problem because of that issue. So he describes it as physical, and it should be easy to fix, but I think it's also kind of mental which is why it has taken longer to resolve.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

> @Golfjack said:

> Quick somebody dig up some analysis on how his swing is no good anymore. BTW he just played pretty decent at the Valero Open. Baby steps people. Just don't forget he was at the top of the game. Just not any more. Not saying he will be back there again with the same ferocity, but he's just slumping. He is on the right track moving back though.

> On a Podcast he talked about being off alignment on his putter, which bled to other clubs. For pro's consistency is the key and he stated that was/is his problem because of that issue. So he describes it as physical, and it should be easy to fix, but I think it's also kind of mental which is why it has taken longer to resolve.

Good point, I like % of possible $$ won as a representative metric for PGA Tour performance, but would be willing to accept some others here as well.