What up with Jordan?

tsecor

> @Lamb said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> >

> > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> >

> > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> >

> > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

>

> Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

Yeah, I agree. But this was in regard to a specific issue--how to overcome adversity and down periods as a top young golfer in today's era.

Reducing your approach to only talking to people who have a better overall golf record than you seems too simplistic.

"Oh you have some great advice that would help me? Sorry, I'm not willing to listen until you've won more Majors"?

We can learn from all people around us, big or small.

Mizuno Player you nailed it. He started hitting fairways yesterday and look what happened. If his putting cleans up....look out.

Ping 425 Max 10.5*

Titleist  Tis2 15*

Titleist  Tis2 18*

Hybrid Ping 410 22*

Ping I525 5-PW Project X 5.5

Cleveland CBX 50*

Titleist  Vokey 54*

Titleist Vokey 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pistol Grip 

If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> @Lamb said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> >

> > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> >

> > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> >

> > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

>

> Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> @"mizuno player" said:

> My amateur opinion.

> It start started with the swing/results. Specifically driver. He's really bad. That crept into ever other club. Fix driver the rest falls into place. Maybe?

he has fundamental flaws with his swing. If I were him I'd get a new coach before he blows out his lead ankle for good

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

>

> > @Lamb said:

> > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > >

> > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > >

> > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > >

> > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> >

> > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

>

>

You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

• Like 2

> @"Les Strokes" said:

> > @"mizuno player" said:

> > My amateur opinion.

> > It start started with the swing/results. Specifically driver. He's really bad. That crept into ever other club. Fix driver the rest falls into place. Maybe?

>

> he has fundamental flaws with his swing. If I were him I'd get a new coach before he blows out his lead ankle for good

>

>

Last thing he needs is a swing “ change”. All he needs to do is work by himself for a couple weeks “ feeling “ it. His swing would revert back to his previous iteration pretty quickly if allowed to. And that swing would last eons. I roll my left ankle as well. It’s not from a flaw. It’s because it will do it. I’m that flexible. If it was going to hurt him. It would have done it by now.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > It wasn't "off base" in the slightest. They asked him about the books he was reading, and he named Steve Jobs book as one of them he had read. That's it. Don't over think it. Go listen to it again if you want to brush up on the facts. Ps: Your BS meter is broke through overuse.

> >

> > :wink:

> >

> >

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Lol. I guess agree to disagree. I heard them bring up his mental revival and in that vein reference that he was now reading. A lot. Then they ask what he was reading. And that was part of the answer.

> > >

> > > Either way. All I’m defending is that the “ Steve Jobs wtf “ comment was off base. It wasn’t a made up reference as the other poster insinuated.

> >

> >

>

> > It wasn't "off base" in the slightest. They asked him about the books he was reading, and he named Steve Jobs book as one of them he had read. That's it. Don't over think it. Go listen to it again if you want to brush up on the facts. Ps: Your BS meter is broke through overuse.

> >

> > :wink:

> >

> >

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Lol. I guess agree to disagree. I heard them bring up his mental revival and in that vein reference that he was now reading. A lot. Then they ask what he was reading. And that was part of the answer.

> > >

> > > Either way. All I’m defending is that the “ Steve Jobs wtf “ comment was off base. It wasn’t a made up reference as the other poster insinuated.

> >

> >

>

> Goodness. Now neither of you can possibly think that my comment about jobs was entirely dead serious ? I don’t even think The other poster knew he was reading about Jobs. So he had to assume I made it up. I simply wanted him to know there was SOME truth to it.

> Rory is actually reading anything he can think of by men who are considered great thinkers. Which in a way is admirable. But. I feel like it’s a slippery task to abandon ones own thoughts completely when you know you’ve got the formula for success within. He will either take bits and pieces and learn. Or he will stunt himself trying to follow other men. ( my opinion and my point before).

Great post, blade.

Rory may learn but in some ways, he may get more confused.

He says that its fine to not win a Masters, wont be the end of the world.

But is he forcing himself to think this way?

If he really, deeply, desires to win in the worst way. Why suppress that?

Embrace it. Let it drive you. Leave it all out there. Feel destroyed if you dont win.

And then you can move on.

By suppressing this desire, he may end up feeling worse that he didnt approach with complete obsession to win.

Everyone expects Tiger to win majors virtually every year but the reality is he hasn’t won the Masters for 13 years, or any major in 10 years. So like Tiger, Rory is a victim of his earlier success.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> >

> > > @Lamb said:

> > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > >

> > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > >

> > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > >

> > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > >

> > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> >

> >

>

> You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

>

> And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

>

> By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

> @tsecor said:

> Do you guys think Jordan Spieth will bounce back anytime soon or will his slump continue through a good portion of 2019? He recently sated " “Putting's back. It’s very close to being top of the world again,” (Spieth said after he missed the cut in his last start at THE PLAYERS.)

> So, what are your thoughts? The quote seemed odd given he is 81st in strokes gained in putting. With the Masters coming up, I am thinking he comes out of his slump and sits atop the leaderboard at some point during the weekend.

he got married..

You don’t think he’s tried that… “feeling it”? Of course he has. He admitted in his podcast he no longer has the same feels he once had. Nothing lasts forever, that’s golf. But as Butch Harmon & McGinley said 2 days ago, Spieth’s problems are mental. I trust Butch more than anyone in his judgment on this matter.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"Les Strokes" said:

> > > @"mizuno player" said:

> > > My amateur opinion.

> > > It start started with the swing/results. Specifically driver. He's really bad. That crept into ever other club. Fix driver the rest falls into place. Maybe?

> >

> > he has fundamental flaws with his swing. If I were him I'd get a new coach before he blows out his lead ankle for good

> >

> >

>

> Last thing he needs is a swing “ change”. All he needs to do is work by himself for a couple weeks “ feeling “ it. His swing would revert back to his previous iteration pretty quickly if allowed to. And that swing would last eons. I roll my left ankle as well. It’s not from a flaw. It’s because it will do it. I’m that flexible. If it was going to hurt him. It would have done it by now.

The root of his problem is mental... how much longer will he struggle? God knows.

> @"North Texas" said:

> > Spieth just produced another terrible swing on hole 2… causing a double bogey 7. His game looks so fragile…

>

> How much longer before you think his struggles begin to affect him mentally?

If we put Jordan and Rory in a sack ( as the old folks would say ) I’m not sure at this juncture If anyone could predict which would fall out first.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Everyone expects Tiger to win majors virtually every year but the reality is he hasn’t won the Masters for 13 years, or any major in 10 years. So like Tiger, Rory is a victim of his earlier success.

>

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> > >

> > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > > >

> > > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > > >

> > > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > > >

> > > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> > Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

> >

> > And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

> >

> > By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

>

>

Yeah but overall, Tiger already racked up 80 wins including 14 majors.

He could have retired in 2008 and still been considered a top 2 player all time.

Rory, while he had early success, didn't sustain it.

Tiger sustained excellence for 10 straight years.

They are really not in the same ball game. Tiger is in the GOAT level with Jack. Rory is a tier or two below. Even he would admit that.

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > If we put Jordan and Rory in a sack ( as the old folks would say ) I’m not sure at this juncture If anyone could predict which would fall out first.

> >

>

> Sure. If you can’t tell the difference between a bad week and a bad year.

>

>

I’m talking about mindset issues. One has insane talent and doesn’t care or doesn’t know it. The other has less in ways but knows It and is tortured by the fact that he’s gone sideways.

I’ll nevwr buy into the “ i don’t care. What will be will be “ nonsense. What I hear when that’s said is

“ weak wa wa weak weak ..... weak wa wa weak weak , weaky mcgeee !!!!!”

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > If we put Jordan and Rory in a sack ( as the old folks would say ) I’m not sure at this juncture If anyone could predict which would fall out first.

> >

>

> Sure. If you can’t tell the difference between a bad week and a bad year.

>

>

Not just a bad week. Forget the match play ?

His putter and wedge play when it’s on the line glares. Stats be damned. You can chant that all you want. Give him a full sand wedge and tell him it’s for the win. It could be 20 long 20 short 20 left or in the hole. Who knows? Same with a putt.

I will say that I am obviously biased , and it’s becussr I’ve never once seen Rory play to the level that he once did. I wasn’t watching golf then. My first taste of Rory golf was the pga where he played up on Phil and Rickie to make sure he finished before dark and assure that Phil had no shot at a tie. Bad first impression.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Jordan goes too much thinking for his own good, Imo. He has already proven he has the talent level to win anywhere, but I think he overthinks everything all the time. I feel he needs to relax and just play golf and a trust is swing.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > If we put Jordan and Rory in a sack ( as the old folks would say ) I’m not sure at this juncture If anyone could predict which would fall out first.

> > >

> >

> > Sure. If you can’t tell the difference between a bad week and a bad year.

> >

> >

>

>

> Not just a bad week. Forget the match play ?

>

> His putter and wedge play when it’s on the line glares. Stats be damned. You can chant that all you want. Give him a full sand wedge and tell him it’s for the win. It could be 20 long 20 short 20 left or in the hole. Who knows? Same with a putt.

>

> I will say that I am **obviously biased** , and it’s becussr I’ve never once seen Rory play to the level that he once did. I wasn’t watching golf then. My first taste of Rory golf was the pga where he played up on Phil and Rickie to make sure he finished before dark and assure that Phil had no shot at a tie. Bad first impression.

Yes, you are obviously biased. To the point of making no sense. Who are you comparing him to? Rory has been the best player this year, and the best player this decade. He just won the Players less than a month ago.

Rory's results this year:

T4-T5-T4-2-T5-1-T9

Jordans last top ten was a T9 at last year's Open.

What are "mindset issues"? Seem to have no bearing on, you know, actual results.

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > I’m comparing him to where he should be. 7-8 majors and #1 in the world.

>

> You must _really_ hate Tiger. Doesn't play at the level he once did. Based on where he was pre-hydrant, he "should" have 26 majors by now.

lol. After 2013 it’s all just gravy. He was goat of the “modern “ age at that time. Nothing more to achieve except jacks record. ( I do call jack greatest ever till then ).

As much as I’m biased a few are just as biased the other way. Can’t you see I’m giving him the utmost compliment for his talent level. I just don’t see the “ want to “ he needs to be great. And that’s fine. But if he doesn’t care. Why should we ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > I’m comparing him to where he should be. 7-8 majors and #1 in the world.

> >

> > You must _really_ hate Tiger. Doesn't play at the level he once did. Based on where he was pre-hydrant, he "should" have 26 majors by now.

>

> lol. After 2013 it’s all just gravy. He was goat of the “modern “ age at that time. Nothing more to achieve except jacks record. ( I do call jack greatest ever till then ).

>

>

> As much as I’m biased a few are just as biased the other way. Can’t you see I’m giving him the utmost compliment for his talent level. I just don’t see the “ want to “ he needs to be great. And that’s fine. But if he doesn’t care. Why should we ?

Are you talking about Rory? What makes you think he doesn't want it or doesn't care? Look at the commitment he made to his body. Look how well he's playing this year. He could have packed it in and pulled an Anthony Kim a long time ago if he didn't want it.

I think you're making the mistake of thinking because he has an all time beautiful swing and hits it long and straight that that means he should be as good as Jack or Tiger.

Rory has never been on that level mentally or with his short game/putting. There are many different forms of talent in golf. Having the beautiful swing and long game is only about 1/5th of the game.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > I’m comparing him to where he should be. 7-8 majors and #1 in the world.

> >

> > You must _really_ hate Tiger. Doesn't play at the level he once did. Based on where he was pre-hydrant, he "should" have 26 majors by now.

>

> lol. After 2013 it’s all just gravy. He was goat of the “modern “ age at that time. Nothing more to achieve except jacks record. ( I do call jack greatest ever till then ).

>

>

> As much as I’m biased a few are just as biased the other way. Can’t you see I’m giving him the utmost compliment for his talent level. I just don’t see the “ want to “ he needs to be great. And that’s fine. But if he doesn’t care. Why should we ?

Your crazy anti-Rory rants are ok because somebody else (allegedly) makes makes equally crazy pro-Rory rants?

You're mad at Rory because he isn't living up to your expectations for him (despite still playing at a very high level), but it is ok that Tiger threw away his chance at Jack's record and it is ok that Jordan has spent the last year + in the wilderness?

Weird stuff, dude.

Sure, but you also have to let Rory’s career play out to see where he’ll sit.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > Everyone expects Tiger to win majors virtually every year but the reality is he hasn’t won the Masters for 13 years, or any major in 10 years. So like Tiger, Rory is a victim of his earlier success.

> >

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > If Rory’s a “choker” as you claim how was he able to dig deep on a bunched leaderboard after a poor front 9 and display some stunning and gutsy golf coming down the stretch to win the Players? That just disproves what you’re claiming. Sure Rory recently hasn’t lived up to some of his previous years standards where he’s won majors, but majors are very hard things to win, especially in this deepest era of golf. In a way Rory is a victim of his own early success, similar with Tiger and Jordan. But Jordan has looked utterly lost in almost every facet of the game, and he needs to change things up, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. My point earlier about Jordan speaking to Rory is that Rory has gone through what Spieth is currently going through (and is still struggling to find a way out of), and a strong finish at this years Masters doesn’t cover up his previous 2 years in the wilderness. Sure he could also speak to someone like Jack, but don’t forget they are from a different generation, sometimes having someone from your generation at the pinnacle of the game that Rory is, who’s gone through the same sorts of challenges and expectations (newly married, previous #1’s, sponsor obligations etc), and with Rory coming out the other side playing some of his best ever golf this year, and winning the recent Players, it might be exactly what Spieth needs. Sometimes a message of wisdom or support from two people can be the same, but when one person is able to communicate it in a way you understand, this could well be why speaking to Rory might be beneficial to Jordan.

> > > >

> > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > > > > > Hard to understand how someone can be on here throwing the merits of Rory at the Spieth fans. Rory had the potential to be one of the top 10 golfers of all time and has continually underperformed in majors for many years. He’s trying to find himself through juggling and other band aid fixes but he was the heavy favorite this week and is coming up embarrassingly short. Jordan is working his way back. He’s probably a year away with his marriage slowing down his off season this year. I like both of these guys but I wouldn’t be on here bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan at this point in their careers. Cheers

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He wasn't really throwing the merits of Rory around. He said "He would greatly benefit from speaking to Rory as he’s gone through the bulk of this transition recently."

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not really a terrible suggestion. Rory did go through struggles of his own and has been playing better lately.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I don't think talking to Rory would help, but it wasn't about "bragging about the merits of Rory over Jordan"...where'd you get that idea?

> > > > >

> > > > > Rory and Jordan are not close. And why does he need to speak to a choker like Rory? Makes zero sense. He is better off speaking to a wise old head like Nicklaus.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You cant even put Rory in the same sentence with TW.

> > > Rory will be 30 this year and is Masterless.

> > >

> > > And these soft conditions may be one of the few chances he gets.

> > >

> > > By 30 years old, TW had 4 Masters and 2 career grand slams.

> >

> >

>

> Yeah but overall, Tiger already racked up 80 wins including 14 majors.

>

> He could have retired in 2008 and still been considered a top 2 player all time.

>

> Rory, while he had early success, didn't sustain it.

>

> Tiger sustained excellence for 10 straight years.

>

> They are really not in the same ball game. Tiger is in the GOAT level with Jack. Rory is a tier or two below. Even he would admit that.

But that’s NOT what he actually said. That’s you putting words and meaning in his mouth. I see that BS filter of yours hasn’t been fixed…

;)

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > If we put Jordan and Rory in a sack ( as the old folks would say ) I’m not sure at this juncture If anyone could predict which would fall out first.

> > >

> >

> > Sure. If you can’t tell the difference between a bad week and a bad year.

> >

> >

>

> I’m talking about mindset issues. One has insane talent and doesn’t care or doesn’t know it. The other has less in ways but knows It and is tortured by the fact that he’s gone sideways.

>

> I’ll nevwr buy into the “ i don’t care. What will be will be “ nonsense. What I hear when that’s said is

>

> “ weak wa wa weak weak ..... weak wa wa weak weak , weaky mcgeee !!!!!”

>

>

>