Koepka: Majors are sometimes easiest to win

new2g0lf

> @"Brock Savage" said:

>

> There's no doubt that a major is harder to win than a regular event for MOST players, because of the pressure and hype. If they are contending, they are suddenly in an unfamiliar world, with huge galleries, reporters and photogs badgering them for their time, etc. And they know that if they win, they don't just get more money than usual, but their life will change forever. No matter what they do for the rest of their careers, they in the books as an elite player.

>

> Lots of players crumble under that pressure. Ironically, that makes majors easier to win for the truly great players, the Jacks and the Tigers. They're used to the galleries, they're used to the reporters and cameras, they're already elite players, and they actually thrive on pressure. The fact that other players don't, automatically eliminates half the field.

>

> So you would expect a truly great player's winning percentage in majors to actually be better than in regular events, assuming he restricts his schedule to strong events, as Tiger mostly does, and as Jack mostly did. It's just a matter of whether he has his A game that week. If he does, he'll win, unless some lesser golfer, a Michael Campbell or Rich Beem, has the week of his life. If he doesn't, he'll lose, unless the rest of the best golfers in the field also have an off week.

>

> And the numbers bear that out. During Tiger's prime (from turning pro through 2009), he played in 239 PGA events. 50 of those were majors, and 30 were WGCs, leaving 159 regular PGA events.

>

> Tiger won 14 of the 50 majors, or 28%. He "only" won 41 of the regular events, or 25.8%.

>

> Jack had similar numbers during his prime of 1962-78. He won 19.1% of his regular events, and 22.1% of his majors.

>

> So for the two best golfers of all time, and probably the only two players who have won enough to make the percentages statistically valid, it really is easier to win a major than a regular PGA tour event.

Nice post, Brock. As usual ; )

Let's see how BK deals with an inevitable 2 year drought.

Great avatar pic, btw, just noticed it.

As we all know, the same actor also played

q2clv9ektvl6.png

Right now, brooks is riding high and having a Paddyesque run...

Then Harrington’s streak dried up and he has never been the same...

We will see if Brooks has what it takes in the next few years....

Like Paddy, he tends to have [media] rabbit ears...which may or may not help/destroy his major prowess....time will tell...

But you’re better off not saying a thing that is, on its face, ludicrous...just my .02c

Majors are not easier...thats a ridiculous take imho

-Chris

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

Mr. Nicklaus said the same thing.

• Like 1

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I would love to see Brooks win this championship so I can see that loser Chamblee eat his own moronic words. Chamblee is one of the most underachieving golfers in PGA Tour history and he’s telling a three time Major Champion he’s not good enough.

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.01185.brandel-chamblee.html

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

> @"Ronnie Mundt" said:

> > @Anchor44 said:

> > What did he do to you? Must have been terrible.

> Isn’t this a message board about golf? So we can’t share our opinions on certain players? Cool thanks. When were you deputized?

Seems like a legit question, no?

Dude seems harmless, goes out and plays some incredible golf at it's most pressure packed situations. What's not to like?

• Like 1

> @Christosterone said:

> Right now, brooks is riding high and having a Paddyesque run...

> Then Harrington’s streak dried up and he has never been the same...

>

> We will see if Brooks has what it takes in the next few years....

> Like Paddy, he tends to have [media] rabbit ears...which may or may not help/destroy his major prowess....time will tell...

>

> But you’re better off not saying a thing that is, on its face, ludicrous...just my .02c

>

> Majors are not easier...thats a ridiculous take imho

>

> -Chris

I guess Jack Nicklaus, with 18 Majors, is a ridiculous man, since he said the same thing. Check!

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @DavePelz4 said:

> The mental part of the game is so important. If you think the competition, course or conditions has something over you, you're right, it does and your chance to win is lessened.

>

> Koepka really doesn't give a rat's **** which is what makes him dangerous. With 3 majors won, he knows how to do it, has done it and he is just being open and honest. If TW said the same thing he'd be praised for his openness, with BK making the comment, it's perceived completely differently.

Indeed! In part because underachieving morons like Brandel Chamblee say that a guy with three Major Championships is not good enough. Chamblee is a clown and bad clown at that.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > The mental part of the game is so important. If you think the competition, course or conditions has something over you, you're right, it does and your chance to win is lessened.

> >

> > Koepka really doesn't give a rat's **** which is what makes him dangerous. With 3 majors won, he knows how to do it, has done it and he is just being open and honest. If TW said the same thing he'd be praised for his openness, with BK making the comment, it's perceived completely differently.

>

> Indeed! In part because underachieving morons like Brandel Chamblee say that a guy with three Major Championships is not good enough. Chamblee is a clown and bad clown at that.

>

>

I bet Brandel comes to this site and laughs and laughs and laughs. He’s the eternal contrarian, the pot-stirrer of of pot stirrers.

He’s very good at his job and he stays relevant (we’re continually taking about him on this site).

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I think Koepka's logic is sound and the numbers work. They work for him and anyone that is playing this week and has won a Major. I give him credit for saying it, as the statement places some extra pressure on his shoulders, maybe he needs that maybe it works against him as I'm sure reporters will remind him of the statement.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > The mental part of the game is so important. If you think the competition, course or conditions has something over you, you're right, it does and your chance to win is lessened.

> > >

> > > Koepka really doesn't give a rat's **** which is what makes him dangerous. With 3 majors won, he knows how to do it, has done it and he is just being open and honest. If TW said the same thing he'd be praised for his openness, with BK making the comment, it's perceived completely differently.

> >

> > Indeed! In part because underachieving morons like Brandel Chamblee say that a guy with three Major Championships is not good enough. Chamblee is a clown and bad clown at that.

> >

> >

>

> I bet Brandel comes to this site and laughs and laughs and laughs. He’s the eternal contrarian, the pot-stirrer of of pot stirrers.

>

> He’s very good at his job and he stays relevant (we’re continually taking about him on this site).

What’s his job exactly? I’ll give him the credit for been a good historian, he knows stats and the history of the game, but that’s about it. But you are correct, all he does is stir the horse manure without any substance behind it. His record speaks for itself, which is pretty much a muted one.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > The mental part of the game is so important. If you think the competition, course or conditions has something over you, you're right, it does and your chance to win is lessened.

> > > >

> > > > Koepka really doesn't give a rat's **** which is what makes him dangerous. With 3 majors won, he knows how to do it, has done it and he is just being open and honest. If TW said the same thing he'd be praised for his openness, with BK making the comment, it's perceived completely differently.

> > >

> > > Indeed! In part because underachieving morons like Brandel Chamblee say that a guy with three Major Championships is not good enough. Chamblee is a clown and bad clown at that.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I bet Brandel comes to this site and laughs and laughs and laughs. He’s the eternal contrarian, the pot-stirrer of of pot stirrers.

> >

> > He’s very good at his job and he stays relevant (we’re continually taking about him on this site).

>

> What’s his job exactly? I’ll give him the credit for been a good historian, he knows stats and the history of the game, but that’s about it. But you are correct, all he does is stir the horse manure without any substance behind it. His record speaks for itself, which is pretty much a muted one.

>

>

>

>

At this point I believe being a s*** stirrer is his literal job. Honestly, that’s his job. He recites history, drums up a few statistics and makes controversial statements.

Rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > > The mental part of the game is so important. If you think the competition, course or conditions has something over you, you're right, it does and your chance to win is lessened.

> > > > >

> > > > > Koepka really doesn't give a rat's **** which is what makes him dangerous. With 3 majors won, he knows how to do it, has done it and he is just being open and honest. If TW said the same thing he'd be praised for his openness, with BK making the comment, it's perceived completely differently.

> > > >

> > > > Indeed! In part because underachieving morons like Brandel Chamblee say that a guy with three Major Championships is not good enough. Chamblee is a clown and bad clown at that.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I bet Brandel comes to this site and laughs and laughs and laughs. He’s the eternal contrarian, the pot-stirrer of of pot stirrers.

> > >

> > > He’s very good at his job and he stays relevant (we’re continually taking about him on this site).

> >

> > What’s his job exactly? I’ll give him the credit for been a good historian, he knows stats and the history of the game, but that’s about it. But you are correct, all he does is stir the horse manure without any substance behind it. His record speaks for itself, which is pretty much a muted one.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> At this point I believe being a **** stirrer is his literal job. Honestly, that’s his job. He recites history, drums up a few statistics and makes controversial statements.

>

> Rinse and repeat.

Lol, you are right, that’s it! That’s why he has to block the whole PGA Tour membership on Twitter, lol.....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > > > The mental part of the game is so important. If you think the competition, course or conditions has something over you, you're right, it does and your chance to win is lessened.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Koepka really doesn't give a rat's **** which is what makes him dangerous. With 3 majors won, he knows how to do it, has done it and he is just being open and honest. If TW said the same thing he'd be praised for his openness, with BK making the comment, it's perceived completely differently.

> > > > >

> > > > > Indeed! In part because underachieving morons like Brandel Chamblee say that a guy with three Major Championships is not good enough. Chamblee is a clown and bad clown at that.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I bet Brandel comes to this site and laughs and laughs and laughs. He’s the eternal contrarian, the pot-stirrer of of pot stirrers.

> > > >

> > > > He’s very good at his job and he stays relevant (we’re continually taking about him on this site).

> > >

> > > What’s his job exactly? I’ll give him the credit for been a good historian, he knows stats and the history of the game, but that’s about it. But you are correct, all he does is stir the horse manure without any substance behind it. His record speaks for itself, which is pretty much a muted one.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > At this point I believe being a **** stirrer is his literal job. Honestly, that’s his job. He recites history, drums up a few statistics and makes controversial statements.

> >

> > Rinse and repeat.

>

> Lol, you are right, that’s it! That’s why he has to block the whole PGA Tour membership on Twitter, lol.....

>

I’m not a fan of his but he’s weirdly captivating. I want to hear what he’s going to say so I can either laugh at him for being an idiot or yell at the TV for him being an idiot and ruffling my feathers.

Either way it has me watching golf channel for longer than I would otherwise. So again, for that reason, I can only conclude he’s good at his job.

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > > > > The mental part of the game is so important. If you think the competition, course or conditions has something over you, you're right, it does and your chance to win is lessened.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Koepka really doesn't give a rat's **** which is what makes him dangerous. With 3 majors won, he knows how to do it, has done it and he is just being open and honest. If TW said the same thing he'd be praised for his openness, with BK making the comment, it's perceived completely differently.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Indeed! In part because underachieving morons like Brandel Chamblee say that a guy with three Major Championships is not good enough. Chamblee is a clown and bad clown at that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I bet Brandel comes to this site and laughs and laughs and laughs. He’s the eternal contrarian, the pot-stirrer of of pot stirrers.

> > > > >

> > > > > He’s very good at his job and he stays relevant (we’re continually taking about him on this site).

> > > >

> > > > What’s his job exactly? I’ll give him the credit for been a good historian, he knows stats and the history of the game, but that’s about it. But you are correct, all he does is stir the horse manure without any substance behind it. His record speaks for itself, which is pretty much a muted one.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > At this point I believe being a **** stirrer is his literal job. Honestly, that’s his job. He recites history, drums up a few statistics and makes controversial statements.

> > >

> > > Rinse and repeat.

> >

> > Lol, you are right, that’s it! That’s why he has to block the whole PGA Tour membership on Twitter, lol.....

> >

>

> I’m not a fan of his but he’s weirdly captivating. I want to hear what he’s going to say so I can either laugh at him for being an idiot or yell at the TV for him being an idiot and ruffling my feathers.

>

> Either way it has me watching golf channel for longer than I would otherwise. So again, for that reason, I can only conclude he’s good at his job.

Lol, you got it. I’m not a Chamblee convert, but you got me.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

I’m sure he cares about the regular events and he said he was implementing his Major’s preparation routine into his regular tour stops.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Rory's into his 5th straight majorless year after winning 4 pretty quickly;

and a few by a wide margin. It may seem easier to these guys when they're

winning them but when they come down to earth it gets really hard again.

Just ask Jordan; who has 3 also, like Brooks.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @Christosterone said:

> > Right now, brooks is riding high and having a Paddyesque run...

> > Then Harrington’s streak dried up and he has never been the same...

> >

> > We will see if Brooks has what it takes in the next few years....

> > Like Paddy, he tends to have [media] rabbit ears...which may or may not help/destroy his major prowess....time will tell...

> >

> > But you’re better off not saying a thing that is, on its face, ludicrous...just my .02c

> >

> > Majors are not easier...thats a ridiculous take imho

> >

> > -Chris

>

> I guess Jack Nicklaus, with 18 Majors, is a ridiculous man, since he said the same thing. Check!

>

Jack can say whatever he wants regarding majors...

Brooks has a long way to go before we give him such latitude...

-Chris

• Like 1

> @Christosterone said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @Christosterone said:

> > > Right now, brooks is riding high and having a Paddyesque run...

> > > Then Harrington’s streak dried up and he has never been the same...

> > >

> > > We will see if Brooks has what it takes in the next few years....

> > > Like Paddy, he tends to have [media] rabbit ears...which may or may not help/destroy his major prowess....time will tell...

> > >

> > > But you’re better off not saying a thing that is, on its face, ludicrous...just my .02c

> > >

> > > Majors are not easier...thats a ridiculous take imho

> > >

> > > -Chris

> >

> > I guess Jack Nicklaus, with 18 Majors, is a ridiculous man, since he said the same thing. Check!

> >

>

> Jack can say whatever he wants regarding majors...

> Brooks has a long way to go before we give him such latitude...

>

> -Chris

Ok, lol.....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > Right now, brooks is riding high and having a Paddyesque run...

> > Then Harrington’s streak dried up and he has never been the same...

> >

> > We will see if Brooks has what it takes in the next few years....

> > Like Paddy, he tends to have [media] rabbit ears...which may or may not help/destroy his major prowess....time will tell...

> >

> > But you’re better off not saying a thing that is, on its face, ludicrous...just my .02c

> >

> > Majors are not easier...thats a ridiculous take imho

> >

> > -Chris

>

> I guess Jack Nicklaus, with 18 Majors, is a ridiculous man, since he said the same thing. Check!

>

The difference between Jack's win percentage in regular events and majors is almost negligible.

• Like 1

> @Pent08 said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > Right now, brooks is riding high and having a Paddyesque run...

> > > Then Harrington’s streak dried up and he has never been the same...

> > >

> > > We will see if Brooks has what it takes in the next few years....

> > > Like Paddy, he tends to have [media] rabbit ears...which may or may not help/destroy his major prowess....time will tell...

> > >

> > > But you’re better off not saying a thing that is, on its face, ludicrous...just my .02c

> > >

> > > Majors are not easier...thats a ridiculous take imho

> > >

> > > -Chris

> >

> > I guess Jack Nicklaus, with 18 Majors, is a ridiculous man, since he said the same thing. Check!

> >

>

> The difference between Jack's win percentage in regular events and majors is almost negligible.

I’m not disagreeing.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

He's probably a good poker player, play's his opponents better than the cards, and wins without having the best *game*.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > @Christosterone said:

> > > > Right now, brooks is riding high and having a Paddyesque run...

> > > > Then Harrington’s streak dried up and he has never been the same...

> > > >

> > > > We will see if Brooks has what it takes in the next few years....

> > > > Like Paddy, he tends to have [media] rabbit ears...which may or may not help/destroy his major prowess....time will tell...

> > > >

> > > > But you’re better off not saying a thing that is, on its face, ludicrous...just my .02c

> > > >

> > > > Majors are not easier...thats a ridiculous take imho

> > > >

> > > > -Chris

> > >

> > > I guess Jack Nicklaus, with 18 Majors, is a ridiculous man, since he said the same thing. Check!

> > >

> >

> > Jack can say whatever he wants regarding majors...

> > Brooks has a long way to go before we give him such latitude...

> >

> > -Chris

>

> Ok, lol.....

>

>

Let me give you an example.

Vijay Singh also won 3 majors.

Take a look at his 2003-2005 victories...

Other than Tiger, Miller, and Lord Byron, none have been hotter...

Again, despite winning 9 times in a single year(2004), Vijay has 3 majors...

Look at has win list...it’s astonishing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vijay_Singh

I maintain it’s a ludicrous argument that Majors are easier to win...absolutely ludicrous

Jack is allowed to say whatever he wants because he is Jack...Brooks is much more on the Harrington trajectory than Jack at present.

Again, look at Vijay’s career and really think about if his comment makes sense...

-Chris

• Like 1

> @Christosterone said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > @Christosterone said:

> > > > > Right now, brooks is riding high and having a Paddyesque run...

> > > > > Then Harrington’s streak dried up and he has never been the same...

> > > > >

> > > > > We will see if Brooks has what it takes in the next few years....

> > > > > Like Paddy, he tends to have [media] rabbit ears...which may or may not help/destroy his major prowess....time will tell...

> > > > >

> > > > > But you’re better off not saying a thing that is, on its face, ludicrous...just my .02c

> > > > >

> > > > > Majors are not easier...thats a ridiculous take imho

> > > > >

> > > > > -Chris

> > > >

> > > > I guess Jack Nicklaus, with 18 Majors, is a ridiculous man, since he said the same thing. Check!

> > > >

> > >

> > > Jack can say whatever he wants regarding majors...

> > > Brooks has a long way to go before we give him such latitude...

> > >

> > > -Chris

> >

> > Ok, lol.....

> >

> >

>

> Let me give you an example.

> Vijay Singh also won 3 majors.

> Take a look at his 2003-2005 victories...

> Other than Tiger, Miller, and Lord Byron, none have been hotter...

> Again, despite winning 9 times in a single year(2004), Vijay has 3 majors...

>

> Look at has win list...it’s astonishing

> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vijay_Singh

>

> I maintain it’s a ludicrous argument that Majors are easier to win...absolutely ludicrous

>

> Jack is allowed to say whatever he wants because he is Jack...Brooks is much more on the Harrington trajectory than Jack at present.

> Again, look at Vijay’s career and really think about if his comment makes sense...

>

> -Chris

I said, “Ok”. Moving on!

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Yesterday's 'Live From' was entertaining, partly for Chamblee doubling down on his Brooks take, but also for the collective look of disbelief from the panel at BK's claim that double-digit major wins was possible and how quickly they all railed on him given that the likes of Watson, Mickelson, Player et al hadn't broken through that barrier in their hall of fame careers.

I think playing with Tiger will be an interesting test of BK's mental fortitude. It's one thing to, as he describes it, hang around and let others fall vs playing in the washing machine that is a New York Tiger gallery.

Brooks plays aggressively with his length and putter, usual pga courses are set up abit easier to look after short hitter, so the field is leveled, long hitters arent at an advantage. Majors are setup as tough, if you have got the swing speed then good luck getting on the green from the rough. Most players will be tensed and play conservatively in the major too, hence brooks got his edge in majors. I dont blame him. Hes a top notch player and can certainly win when others crashed mentally.

Alot experts picked DJ, he has got the mind to win the major, yet.

> @bspn said:

> Yesterday's 'Live From' was entertaining, partly for Chamblee doubling down on his Brooks take, but also for the collective look of disbelief from the panel at BK's claim that double-digit major wins was possible and how quickly they all railed on him given that the likes of Watson, Mickelson, Player et al hadn't broken through that barrier in their hall of fame careers.

>

> I think playing with Tiger will be an interesting test of BK's mental fortitude. It's one thing to, as he describes it, hang around and let others fall vs playing in the washing machine that is a New York Tiger gallery.

Washing machine? It's probably going to be a concrete mixer.

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

> @Christosterone said:

> Right now, brooks is riding high and having a Paddyesque run...

> Then Harrington’s streak dried up and he has never been the same...

>

> We will see if Brooks has what it takes in the next few years....

> Like Paddy, he tends to have [media] rabbit ears...which may or may not help/destroy his major prowess....time will tell...

>

> But you’re better off not saying a thing that is, on its face, ludicrous...just my .02c

>

> Majors are not easier...thats a ridiculous take imho

>

> -Chris

Perhaps majors are like playing high stakes poker for PGA pros...I play a lot of poker, and certain people fall apart when the stakes get high or the pots get large. They literally can't handle it. Others act like it's business as usual.

In golf, we've seen that over and over with someone like Greg Norman...his swing fell apart under Sunday pressure (some bad beats too). And many others just collapse...Smylie or Sneds at the Masters, for example, in recent years. They're grinders playing above their comfort zone.

I