Koepka: Majors are sometimes easiest to win

new2g0lf

> @playa said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > **“I don’t see why you can’t get to double digits,"** Koepka said, eyeing a total that has been reached by only three players in the history of the game. “I think one of the big things that I’ve learned over the last few years is you don’t need to win it, you don’t have to try to go win it. Just hang around. If you hang around, good things are going to happen.”

> >

> > https://www.golfchannel.com/news/brooks-koepka-dismisses-half-pga-championship-field-explains-why-majors-are-easiest-win

> >

> >

>

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > **“I don’t see why you can’t get to double digits,"** Koepka said, eyeing a total that has been reached by only three players in the history of the game. “I think one of the big things that I’ve learned over the last few years is you don’t need to win it, you don’t have to try to go win it. Just hang around. If you hang around, good things are going to happen.”

> >

> > https://www.golfchannel.com/news/brooks-koepka-dismisses-half-pga-championship-field-explains-why-majors-are-easiest-win

> >

> >

>

> He should have taken his own advice on 12 at Augusta. Tiger played safe and let the rest go flag hunting, dunk it in the creek, and all have double to give Tiger his 2 shot buffer teeing off on 18.

> It's hard to believe that if Koepka had won the Masters like he really should have, he would now own 4 consecutive majors.

> It may sound crazy, but on the evidence of the last 2 years is hard to imagine him NOT getting double digit majors. He's still no tiger and never will be overall record wise, but he seems to have cracked the code of how to perform at peak capacity in majors, and Koepka's peak capacity is the best since prime Tiger.

According to his interviews he fell victim to the wind or his inability to judge it properly @ 12. Augusta Tiger has zero 3 puts but Brooks had 5.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @imakaveli said:

> Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @imakaveli said:

> > Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

>

> DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

> @imakaveli said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @imakaveli said:

> > > Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

> >

> > DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

>

> Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

Anybody else in the field and I'd be remarking how impressive it was to be the guy who made a legitimate run. But when he had all the momentum he goes bogey-bogey. I realize he hit a good shot into 16 that just cut through the wind but after a great recovery he had a makeable 8 ft putt. Not a putt that is a gimmie or a putt you'd call someone as choking for missing but a putt that gave him a real opportunity to keep the pressure on and give him a career defining moment by putting up a 67-68. But it seems like the defining moments he always finds a way to narrowly miss. I still think he ends up winning 3-4 majors by the time it's all done but to this point in his career he's underachieved at the majors and I can see the argument he ends up a one major guy.

> @imakaveli said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @imakaveli said:

> >

> > DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

>

> Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

> @Cincy_Ken said:

> > @imakaveli said:

> > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

> > >

> > > DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

> >

> > Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

>

> Anybody else in the field and I'd be remarking how impressive it was to be the guy who made a legitimate run. But when he had all the momentum he goes bogey-bogey. I realize he hit a good shot into 16 that just cut through the wind but after a great recovery he had a makeable 8 ft putt. Not a putt that is a gimmie or a putt you'd call someone as choking for missing but a putt that gave him a real opportunity to keep the pressure on and give him a career defining moment by putting up a 67-68. But it seems like the defining moments he always finds a way to narrowly miss. I still think he ends up winning 3-4 majors by the time it's all done but to this point in his career he's underachieved at the majors and I can see the argument he ends up a one major guy.

The wind was gusting 30+ mph and swirling. I played golf about 10 miles from Bethpage Black yesterday and it was not a fun round

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

> @Golfer4Life said:

> Koepka is my hero! Koepka doesn’t care what people think about him and he’s not afraid of letting people know.

>

> He reminds me of Sgt. Barnes in the movie Platoon. “The only thing that can kill Barnes, is Barnes”.

This is wrong. He most definitely cares what people think. I think he's pretty sensitive to what's going on around him (enough that he can choose what matters and what doesn't). He acts in such a way to promote himself as that "chip on his shoulder" type of guy for a reason. The chip is a mechanism he uses to cope with the pressure of golf. If the chip is there, he has the ability to deflect the negative thoughts and emotions brought on by the press and the people who doubt his ability.

I would bet away from the game Brooks is an easygoing dude who cares deeply for his family and close friends.

• Like 1

> @new2g0lf said:

> > @imakaveli said:

> > > > @imakaveli said:

> > >

> > > DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

> >

> > Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

>

> > @Cincy_Ken said:

> > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

> > > >

> > > > DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

> > >

> > > Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

> >

> > Anybody else in the field and I'd be remarking how impressive it was to be the guy who made a legitimate run. But when he had all the momentum he goes bogey-bogey. I realize he hit a good shot into 16 that just cut through the wind but after a great recovery he had a makeable 8 ft putt. Not a putt that is a gimmie or a putt you'd call someone as choking for missing but a putt that gave him a real opportunity to keep the pressure on and give him a career defining moment by putting up a 67-68. But it seems like the defining moments he always finds a way to narrowly miss. I still think he ends up winning 3-4 majors by the time it's all done but to this point in his career he's underachieved at the majors and I can see the argument he ends up a one major guy.

>

> The wind was gusting 30+ mph and swirling. I played golf about 10 miles from Bethpage Black yesterday and it was not a fun round

the wind was absolutely nuts when the leaders were making the turn. standing on 18 box it was not uncommon seeing people getting hats blown off.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @new2g0lf said:

> > @imakaveli said:

> > > > @imakaveli said:

> > >

> >

>

> > @Cincy_Ken said:

> > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

> > > >

> > > > DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

> > >

> > > Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

> >

> > Anybody else in the field and I'd be remarking how impressive it was to be the guy who made a legitimate run. But when he had all the momentum he goes bogey-bogey. I realize he hit a good shot into 16 that just cut through the wind but after a great recovery he had a makeable 8 ft putt. Not a putt that is a gimmie or a putt you'd call someone as choking for missing but a putt that gave him a real opportunity to keep the pressure on and give him a career defining moment by putting up a 67-68. But it seems like the defining moments he always finds a way to narrowly miss. I still think he ends up winning 3-4 majors by the time it's all done but to this point in his career he's underachieved at the majors and I can see the argument he ends up a one major guy.

>

> The wind was gusting 30+ mph and swirling. I played golf about 10 miles from Bethpage Black yesterday and it was not a fun round

I'm not disputing he that he played a great round. I'm just saying all that considered he had an 8 footer to create a career defining moment. For a guy with 20 wins to only have 1 major championship it's indicative of a pattern of not making the big moment happen. No shame in what he did; just another missed opportunity for DJ.

> @Cincy_Ken said:

> > @imakaveli said:

> > > > @imakaveli said:

> > >

> >

>

> Anybody else in the field and I'd be remarking how impressive it was to be the guy who made a legitimate run. But when he had all the momentum he goes bogey-bogey. I realize he hit a good shot into 16 that just cut through the wind but after a great recovery he had a makeable 8 ft putt. Not a putt that is a gimmie or a putt you'd call someone as choking for missing but a putt that gave him a real opportunity to keep the pressure on and give him a career defining moment by putting up a 67-68. But it seems like the defining moments he always finds a way to narrowly miss. I still think he ends up winning 3-4 majors by the time it's all done but to this point in his career he's underachieved at the majors and I can see the argument he ends up a one major guy.

Looking at all the final round scores, I cannot say the DJ choked. It was a rough rough day out there. Brooks had 4 bogeys in a row, Fleetwood shot plus 6 in the final round Varner was what 10-11 over for the day? DJ finished at -1 for the day right? From my search, Gary Woodland shot the best final round score at -2. lots and lots of over par scores that day. No one was going to beat Brooks but Brooks. DJ played well enough to almost make it interesting.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Cincy_Ken said:

> > > @imakaveli said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> Looking at all the final round scores, I cannot say the DJ choked. It was a rough rough day out there. Brooks had 4 bogeys in a row, Fleetwood shot plus 6 in the final round Varner was what 10-11 over for the day? DJ finished at -1 for the day right? From my search, Gary Woodland shot the best final round score at -2. lots and lots of over par scores that day. No one was going to beat Brooks but Brooks. DJ played well enough to almost make it interesting.

I think many people were hoping for a horse race and we almost got one. Dj didn't fail. He just had too much gap to fill to catch Brooks Koepka, **molecular man.**

• Like 1

It’s just a technicality but last year the open came between the us open and the pga so broke would only have 3 consecutive> @playa said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> >

> >

> >

>

> > @bscinstnct said:

> >

> >

> >

>

> He should have taken his own advice on 12 at Augusta. Tiger played safe and let the rest go flag hunting, dunk it in the creek, and all have double to give Tiger his 2 shot buffer teeing off on 18.

> It's hard to believe that if Koepka had won the Masters like he really should have, he would now own 4 consecutive majors.

> It may sound crazy, but on the evidence of the last 2 years is hard to imagine him NOT getting double digit majors. He's still no tiger and never will be overall record wise, but he seems to have cracked the code of how to perform at peak capacity in majors, and Koepka's peak capacity is the best since prime Tiger.

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @new2g0lf said:

> > > @imakaveli said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > > @Cincy_Ken said:

> > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > > Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

> > > > >

> > > > > DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

> > > >

> > > > Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

> > >

> > > Anybody else in the field and I'd be remarking how impressive it was to be the guy who made a legitimate run. But when he had all the momentum he goes bogey-bogey. I realize he hit a good shot into 16 that just cut through the wind but after a great recovery he had a makeable 8 ft putt. Not a putt that is a gimmie or a putt you'd call someone as choking for missing but a putt that gave him a real opportunity to keep the pressure on and give him a career defining moment by putting up a 67-68. But it seems like the defining moments he always finds a way to narrowly miss. I still think he ends up winning 3-4 majors by the time it's all done but to this point in his career he's underachieved at the majors and I can see the argument he ends up a one major guy.

> >

> > The wind was gusting 30+ mph and swirling. I played golf about 10 miles from Bethpage Black yesterday and it was not a fun round

>

> the wind was absolutely nuts when the leaders were making the turn. standing on 18 box it was not uncommon seeing people getting hats blown off.

So? World #1 can't play with the wind? Good luck at Calamity Corner this July then...

Wind was not involved when he shanked his second at the final par 5 at Royal St. George's. It's not about the weather, it's about performing under pressure.

> @imakaveli said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > > > Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

> > > > >

> > > > > DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

> > > >

> > > > Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

> > >

> > > > @Cincy_Ken said:

> > > > > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > > > Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

> > > > >

> > > > > Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

> > > >

> > > > Anybody else in the field and I'd be remarking how impressive it was to be the guy who made a legitimate run. But when he had all the momentum he goes bogey-bogey. I realize he hit a good shot into 16 that just cut through the wind but after a great recovery he had a makeable 8 ft putt. Not a putt that is a gimmie or a putt you'd call someone as choking for missing but a putt that gave him a real opportunity to keep the pressure on and give him a career defining moment by putting up a 67-68. But it seems like the defining moments he always finds a way to narrowly miss. I still think he ends up winning 3-4 majors by the time it's all done but to this point in his career he's underachieved at the majors and I can see the argument he ends up a one major guy.

> > >

> > > The wind was gusting 30+ mph and swirling. I played golf about 10 miles from Bethpage Black yesterday and it was not a fun round

> >

> > the wind was absolutely nuts when the leaders were making the turn. standing on 18 box it was not uncommon seeing people getting hats blown off.

>

> So? World #1 can't play with the wind? Good luck at Calamity Corner this July then...

> Wind was not involved when he shanked his second at the final par 5 at Royal St. George's. It's not about the weather, it's about performing under pressure.

well, considering the 30 mph flipped from directly in, to slightly right to left or left to right every other 5 mins made it tough for guys to hit 18's fairway...that was my point. we're both talking bout pressure, i'm just talking about the atmospheric kind that can move a ball a given direction.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @imakaveli said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > > > > Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

> > > > >

> > > > > Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

> > > >

> > > > > @Cincy_Ken said:

> > > > > > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > > > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > > > > Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

> > > > >

> > > > > Anybody else in the field and I'd be remarking how impressive it was to be the guy who made a legitimate run. But when he had all the momentum he goes bogey-bogey. I realize he hit a good shot into 16 that just cut through the wind but after a great recovery he had a makeable 8 ft putt. Not a putt that is a gimmie or a putt you'd call someone as choking for missing but a putt that gave him a real opportunity to keep the pressure on and give him a career defining moment by putting up a 67-68. But it seems like the defining moments he always finds a way to narrowly miss. I still think he ends up winning 3-4 majors by the time it's all done but to this point in his career he's underachieved at the majors and I can see the argument he ends up a one major guy.

> > > >

> > > > The wind was gusting 30+ mph and swirling. I played golf about 10 miles from Bethpage Black yesterday and it was not a fun round

> > >

> > > the wind was absolutely nuts when the leaders were making the turn. standing on 18 box it was not uncommon seeing people getting hats blown off.

> >

> > So? World #1 can't play with the wind? Good luck at Calamity Corner this July then...

> > Wind was not involved when he shanked his second at the final par 5 at Royal St. George's. It's not about the weather, it's about performing under pressure.

>

> well, considering the 30 mph flipped from directly in, to slightly right to left or left to right every other 5 mins made it tough for guys to hit 18's fairway...that was my point. we're both talking bout pressure, i'm just talking about the atmospheric kind that can move a ball a given direction.

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain myself clear, I watalking about DJ choking again, not Brooks missing fairway at the 18 ;)

> @imakaveli said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > > > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > > > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > > > > Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

> > > > >

> > > > > > @Cincy_Ken said:

> > > > > > > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > > > > > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > > > > > > Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > DJ will surely win at least one more soon, in fact I really like him at Pebble but the others I'm less convinced about.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Funny, the more I watch DJ playing Majors the more I think that will be his only one and he was also lucky to play with Westy that time...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anybody else in the field and I'd be remarking how impressive it was to be the guy who made a legitimate run. But when he had all the momentum he goes bogey-bogey. I realize he hit a good shot into 16 that just cut through the wind but after a great recovery he had a makeable 8 ft putt. Not a putt that is a gimmie or a putt you'd call someone as choking for missing but a putt that gave him a real opportunity to keep the pressure on and give him a career defining moment by putting up a 67-68. But it seems like the defining moments he always finds a way to narrowly miss. I still think he ends up winning 3-4 majors by the time it's all done but to this point in his career he's underachieved at the majors and I can see the argument he ends up a one major guy.

> > > > >

> > > > > The wind was gusting 30+ mph and swirling. I played golf about 10 miles from Bethpage Black yesterday and it was not a fun round

> > > >

> > > > the wind was absolutely nuts when the leaders were making the turn. standing on 18 box it was not uncommon seeing people getting hats blown off.

> > >

> > > So? World #1 can't play with the wind? Good luck at Calamity Corner this July then...

> > > Wind was not involved when he shanked his second at the final par 5 at Royal St. George's. It's not about the weather, it's about performing under pressure.

> >

> > well, considering the 30 mph flipped from directly in, to slightly right to left or left to right every other 5 mins made it tough for guys to hit 18's fairway...that was my point. we're both talking bout pressure, i'm just talking about the atmospheric kind that can move a ball a given direction.

>

> Sorry, maybe I didn't explain myself clear, I watalking about DJ choking again, not Brooks missing fairway at the 18 ;)

to my point -- brooks missed left, and DJ missed right. sometimes 'pressure' isn't the thing keeping you from a fairway -- just rub of the green.

anyone playing calamity corner in bad conditions, regardless of OWGR, will need luck. that was my point.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @KrazyTrain18 said:

> Brooks is certainly great, but is also certainly boring. I don't view it as a negative trait, he's getting the job done but from a viewer perspective his game doesn't translate well.

There's nothing wrong with long and straight in my book!

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @Ferguson said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > Koepka is my hero! Koepka doesn’t care what people think about him and he’s not afraid of letting people know.

> >

> > He reminds me of Sgt. Barnes in the movie Platoon. “The only thing that can kill Barnes, is Barnes”.

>

> This is wrong. He most definitely cares what people think. I think he's pretty sensitive to what's going on around him (enough that he can choose what matters and what doesn't). He acts in such a way to promote himself as that "chip on his shoulder" type of guy for a reason. **The chip is a mechanism he uses to cope with the pressure of golf**. If the chip is there, he has the ability to deflect the negative thoughts and emotions brought on by the press and the people who doubt his ability.

>

> I would bet away from the game Brooks is an easygoing dude who cares deeply for his family and close friends.

>

>

>

Ferguson is correct. Couldn't agree more.

> @DatSliceDoe said:

> Brooks mentality baffles me. He doesn't seem to "try" in regular tour stops, so why even play them? Take the Tiger approach, play four regular stops a year, and four majors. Then again, he's a linebacker, so he can play week in and week out without any issues.

Plays them as a warm up for the big show.

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

koepka earned it...but man it was almost a greek tragedy..which would have been fun too

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

> @Ferguson said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > Koepka is my hero! Koepka doesn’t care what people think about him and he’s not afraid of letting people know.

> >

> > He reminds me of Sgt. Barnes in the movie Platoon. “The only thing that can kill Barnes, is Barnes”.

>

> This is wrong. He most definitely cares what people think. I think he's pretty sensitive to what's going on around him (enough that he can choose what matters and what doesn't). He acts in such a way to promote himself as that "chip on his shoulder" type of guy for a reason. The chip is a mechanism he uses to cope with the pressure of golf. If the chip is there, he has the ability to deflect the negative thoughts and emotions brought on by the press and the people who doubt his ability.

>

> I would bet away from the game Brooks is an easygoing dude who cares deeply for his family and close friends.

>

>

>

I’m using his own thoughts on the matter, I guess he’s wrong. He shared those thoughts with Feherty and he doesn’t make any bones about it. I agree with you that he does, or at least should, care, but I’m going with what he said in his own words. Everyone who knows him on tour stated that he’s a great guy outside the ropes, I don’t think that’s an issue.

He still my Sgt. Barnes! :-)

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > Koepka is my hero! Koepka doesn’t care what people think about him and he’s not afraid of letting people know.

> > >

> > > He reminds me of Sgt. Barnes in the movie Platoon. “The only thing that can kill Barnes, is Barnes”.

> >

> > This is wrong. He most definitely cares what people think. I think he's pretty sensitive to what's going on around him (enough that he can choose what matters and what doesn't). He acts in such a way to promote himself as that "chip on his shoulder" type of guy for a reason. The chip is a mechanism he uses to cope with the pressure of golf. If the chip is there, he has the ability to deflect the negative thoughts and emotions brought on by the press and the people who doubt his ability.

> >

> > I would bet away from the game Brooks is an easygoing dude who cares deeply for his family and close friends.

> >

> >

> >

> I’m using his own thoughts on the matter, I guess he’s wrong. He shared those thoughts with Feherty and he doesn’t make any bones about it. I agree with you that he does, or at least should, care, but I’m going with what he said in his own words. Everyone who knows him on tour stated that he’s a great guy outside the ropes, I don’t think that’s an issue.

>

> He still my Sgt. Barnes! :-)

>

I saw that interview. I think you are interpreting what was discussed based on what Bruce decided to share. DF is a terrible interviewer. He likes to stroke the guest's ego.

Look at Phil's interview with DF if you can make it through without feeling sick. Phil with that "funny" leather jacket stated that all of his second place finishes at the US Open should equal a US Open win. Is that true? No, it's ridiculous.

• Like 1

> @Ferguson said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > Koepka is my hero! Koepka doesn’t care what people think about him and he’s not afraid of letting people know.

> > > >

> > > > He reminds me of Sgt. Barnes in the movie Platoon. “The only thing that can kill Barnes, is Barnes”.

> > >

> > > This is wrong. He most definitely cares what people think. I think he's pretty sensitive to what's going on around him (enough that he can choose what matters and what doesn't). He acts in such a way to promote himself as that "chip on his shoulder" type of guy for a reason. The chip is a mechanism he uses to cope with the pressure of golf. If the chip is there, he has the ability to deflect the negative thoughts and emotions brought on by the press and the people who doubt his ability.

> > >

> > > I would bet away from the game Brooks is an easygoing dude who cares deeply for his family and close friends.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > I’m using his own thoughts on the matter, I guess he’s wrong. He shared those thoughts with Feherty and he doesn’t make any bones about it. I agree with you that he does, or at least should, care, but I’m going with what he said in his own words. Everyone who knows him on tour stated that he’s a great guy outside the ropes, I don’t think that’s an issue.

> >

> > He still my Sgt. Barnes! :-)

> >

>

> I saw that interview. I think you are interpreting what was discussed based on what Bruce decided to share. DF is a terrible interviewer. He likes to stroke the guest's ego.

>

>

> Look at Phil's interview with DF if you can make it through without feeling sick. Phil with that "funny" leather jacket stated that all of his second place finishes at the US Open should equal a US Open win. Is that true? No, it's ridiculous.

Lol, perhaps you are correct. Unlike some, I’m always willing to reconsider my positions when giving new information.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

> @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> It’s just a technicality but last year the open came between the us open and the pga so broke would only have 3 consecutive> @playa said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > **“I don’t see why you can’t get to double digits,"** Koepka said, eyeing a total that has been reached by only three players in the history of the game. “I think one of the big things that I’ve learned over the last few years is you don’t need to win it, you don’t have to try to go win it. Just hang around. If you hang around, good things are going to happen.”

> > >

> > > https://www.golfchannel.com/news/brooks-koepka-dismisses-half-pga-championship-field-explains-why-majors-are-easiest-win

> > >

> > >

> >

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > **“I don’t see why you can’t get to double digits,"** Koepka said, eyeing a total that has been reached by only three players in the history of the game. “I think one of the big things that I’ve learned over the last few years is you don’t need to win it, you don’t have to try to go win it. Just hang around. If you hang around, good things are going to happen.”

> > >

> > > https://www.golfchannel.com/news/brooks-koepka-dismisses-half-pga-championship-field-explains-why-majors-are-easiest-win

> > >

> > >

> >

> > He should have taken his own advice on 12 at Augusta. Tiger played safe and let the rest go flag hunting, dunk it in the creek, and all have double to give Tiger his 2 shot buffer teeing off on 18.

> > It's hard to believe that if Koepka had won the Masters like he really should have, he would now own 4 consecutive majors.

> > It may sound crazy, but on the evidence of the last 2 years is hard to imagine him NOT getting double digit majors. He's still no tiger and never will be overall record wise, but he seems to have cracked the code of how to perform at peak capacity in majors, and Koepka's peak capacity is the best since prime Tiger.

>

>

Oops my bad. Only last 3 ?

> @Cwebb said:

> > @imakaveli said:

> > Koepka has the same number of Majors of Spieth, DJ and Rickie combined.

>

> He's also got one more than Fred Couples, David Duval, and Davis Love combined, who won a bunch of tour events. The guy knows how to peak at the right time

More than Sergio Garcia, Adam Scott and Justin Rose combined.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @Cwebb said:

> > > @imakaveli said:

> >

> > He's also got one more than Fred Couples, David Duval, and Davis Love combined, who won a bunch of tour events. The guy knows how to peak at the right time

>

> More than Sergio Garcia, Adam Scott and Justin Rose combined.

More than enough Chamblee’s combined :D

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Brooks is definitely an emotional guy. Did you see the look on his face in the post interview while saying he was "pissed off" that someone said he wasn't tough? That **** was real. It's possible he knows he's too emotional and overhides it on the course and in public in order to play well. Maybe he likes being like Barry Sanders and just handing the ball to the ref after he scores a touchdown foregoing all the post score theatrics--that would be pretty boss if that's the case.

> @L29 said:

> Brooks is definitely an emotional guy. Did you see the look on his face in the post interview while saying he was "pissed off" that someone said he wasn't tough? That **** was real. It's possible he knows he's too emotional and overhides it on the course and in public in order to play well. Maybe he likes being like Barry Sanders and just handing the ball to the ref after he scores a touchdown foregoing all the post score theatrics--that would be pretty boss if that's the case.

He said he used to throw and break clubs early on. Figured out that it didn't help him at all and decided to change