So really...re: divots...

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @antip said:

> > Here's a new question to ponder: 835 posts in before this one, has anyone changed their mind on this issue?

> > Or this one: Is it any more than a small (but vocal) minority that think they should be able to play from the fairway uninfluenced by where any other person has played from during the life history of the lie their shot has gotten them?

>

> I think if you polled all the golfers that play the game and ask them the question of deserved relief from an unrepaired divot they would say yes the USGA should make that rule legit. I think when you say the small minority, you are just talking about the golf WRX elitists who think they are the majority, and they are not.

I really don't know anything about the USA, but I can assure you that it is a very small minority of my club of 600 active competition players that think it would be sensible to change anything on the divot front. Here (inland Australia) in club golf virtually everyone carries sand buckets and uses them actively, meaning filling them on every hole and finding areas to put the sand to good use. The non-competition player here is the considerable minority of golf rounds so there is a different culture on a number of levels.

> @antip said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @antip said:

> > > Here's a new question to ponder: 835 posts in before this one, has anyone changed their mind on this issue?

> > > Or this one: Is it any more than a small (but vocal) minority that think they should be able to play from the fairway uninfluenced by where any other person has played from during the life history of the lie their shot has gotten them?

> >

> > I think if you polled all the golfers that play the game and ask them the question of deserved relief from an unrepaired divot they would say yes the USGA should make that rule legit. I think when you say the small minority, you are just talking about the golf WRX elitists who think they are the majority, and they are not.

>

> I really don't know anything about the USA, but I can assure you that it is a very small minority of my club of 600 active competition players that think it would be sensible to change anything on the divot front. Here (inland Australia) in club golf virtually everyone carries sand buckets and uses them actively, meaning filling them on every hole and finding areas to put the sand to good use. The non-competition player here is the considerable minority of golf rounds so there is a different culture on a number of levels.

Now you've done it! Lil' Mikey is never going to visit you in Oz. "Why, they all must be cuckoo."

Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play competitive golf.

Agree with Newby, a non issue in the UK and never even heard a discussion about it. To be fair I also never heard anyone saying the OB rule was unfair (as others previously contended here). So the fact that no club here, that I know of, has implemented the local rule re OB is no surprise (of course they can’t do for handicap qualifying rounds due to CONGU ruling) and everyone has accepted it with no comment.

> @"sui generis" said:

> > @antip said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @antip said:

> > > > Here's a new question to ponder: 835 posts in before this one, has anyone changed their mind on this issue?

> > > > Or this one: Is it any more than a small (but vocal) minority that think they should be able to play from the fairway uninfluenced by where any other person has played from during the life history of the lie their shot has gotten them?

> > >

> > > I think if you polled all the golfers that play the game and ask them the question of deserved relief from an unrepaired divot they would say yes the USGA should make that rule legit. I think when you say the small minority, you are just talking about the golf WRX elitists who think they are the majority, and they are not.

> >

> > I really don't know anything about the USA, but I can assure you that it is a very small minority of my club of 600 active competition players that think it would be sensible to change anything on the divot front. Here (inland Australia) in club golf virtually everyone carries sand buckets and uses them actively, meaning filling them on every hole and finding areas to put the sand to good use. The non-competition player here is the considerable minority of golf rounds so there is a different culture on a number of levels.

>

> Now you've done it! Lil' Mikey is never going to visit you in Oz. "Why, they all must be cuckoo."

Actually, I have already been to Australia / New Zealand for a 35 day trip back in 06. New Zealand is the much nicer place to be anyway, so if I went back I would probably go only to New Zealand where the culture is richer and the landscape more beautiful. I really think that deep down in the hearts of all who posted in this forum that most people agree with my point but just don't want to admit it.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @"sui generis" said:

> > > @antip said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > Here's a new question to ponder: 835 posts in before this one, has anyone changed their mind on this issue?

> > > > > Or this one: Is it any more than a small (but vocal) minority that think they should be able to play from the fairway uninfluenced by where any other person has played from during the life history of the lie their shot has gotten them?

> > > >

> > > > I think if you polled all the golfers that play the game and ask them the question of deserved relief from an unrepaired divot they would say yes the USGA should make that rule legit. I think when you say the small minority, you are just talking about the golf WRX elitists who think they are the majority, and they are not.

> > >

> > > I really don't know anything about the USA, but I can assure you that it is a very small minority of my club of 600 active competition players that think it would be sensible to change anything on the divot front. Here (inland Australia) in club golf virtually everyone carries sand buckets and uses them actively, meaning filling them on every hole and finding areas to put the sand to good use. The non-competition player here is the considerable minority of golf rounds so there is a different culture on a number of levels.

> >

> > Now you've done it! Lil' Mikey is never going to visit you in Oz. "Why, they all must be cuckoo."

>

> Actually, I have already been to Australia / New Zealand for a 35 day trip back in 06. New Zealand is the much nicer place to be anyway, so if I went back I would probably go only to New Zealand where the culture is richer and the landscape more beautiful. I really think that deep down in the hearts of all who posted in this forum that most people agree with my point but just don't want to admit it.

Now, antip is crushed! He'll, no doubt, wish you the curse of the fleas of a thousand camels.

Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play competitive golf.

> @"sui generis" said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > @antip said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > Here's a new question to ponder: 835 posts in before this one, has anyone changed their mind on this issue?

> > > > > > Or this one: Is it any more than a small (but vocal) minority that think they should be able to play from the fairway uninfluenced by where any other person has played from during the life history of the lie their shot has gotten them?

> > > > >

> > > > > I think if you polled all the golfers that play the game and ask them the question of deserved relief from an unrepaired divot they would say yes the USGA should make that rule legit. I think when you say the small minority, you are just talking about the golf WRX elitists who think they are the majority, and they are not.

> > > >

> > > > I really don't know anything about the USA, but I can assure you that it is a very small minority of my club of 600 active competition players that think it would be sensible to change anything on the divot front. Here (inland Australia) in club golf virtually everyone carries sand buckets and uses them actively, meaning filling them on every hole and finding areas to put the sand to good use. The non-competition player here is the considerable minority of golf rounds so there is a different culture on a number of levels.

> > >

> > > Now you've done it! Lil' Mikey is never going to visit you in Oz. "Why, they all must be cuckoo."

> >

> > Actually, I have already been to Australia / New Zealand for a 35 day trip back in 06. New Zealand is the much nicer place to be anyway, so if I went back I would probably go only to New Zealand where the culture is richer and the landscape more beautiful. I really think that deep down in the hearts of all who posted in this forum that most people agree with my point but just don't want to admit it.

>

> Now, antip is crushed! He'll, no doubt, wish you the curse of the fleas of a thousand camels.

Nah, he'll just curse him with more lies in divots.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Didn't read all the posts but rather confident someone said, golf isn't supposed to be easy or designed for hacks. Given what the founders of the game coped with, they are bouncing off the casket walls. As it stands, OEM equipment companies are working at breakneck speed to provide clubs that make it so the user doesn't have to practice and the ball still goes reasonably far if you only get any part of the face on the ball. Thanks to public outcry, recent rule changes that affect various aspects of the game make it easier. Seen it with my own eyes; putting with the flag-stick in is suppose to speed POP but that's not happening, slow pokes are still slow, and slamming the ball into the pin, so it spins off the green. Let's not forget the added time used to tap down spike marks and footprints anywhere on the green, so they can make a putt, yet they are seldom made. I love dropping the ball from my knee, unfortunately, some people can't even bend over to reach their knees. Even tour players are getting into whining or complaining about this or that. Poor little fellas think it's unfair.

What is next, OB balls not penalized, no stroke and distance, remove all green-side bunkers and water hazards, and any other rules that people deem unreasonable or too difficult for them. Oh, and let's not forget all courses have to spend millions to make fairways flatter, wider, fewer obstacles, greens should be flatter and slower with 12" cups, and lower green fees. It's a shame today, too many people don't want to put in the time to better themselves at anything, but acknowledgment for showing up. Rant over.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo Red 59S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S Wedge 113
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @"sui generis" said:

> > > @antip said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > Here's a new question to ponder: 835 posts in before this one, has anyone changed their mind on this issue?

> > > > > Or this one: Is it any more than a small (but vocal) minority that think they should be able to play from the fairway uninfluenced by where any other person has played from during the life history of the lie their shot has gotten them?

> > > >

> > > > I think if you polled all the golfers that play the game and ask them the question of deserved relief from an unrepaired divot they would say yes the USGA should make that rule legit. I think when you say the small minority, you are just talking about the golf WRX elitists who think they are the majority, and they are not.

> > >

> > > I really don't know anything about the USA, but I can assure you that it is a very small minority of my club of 600 active competition players that think it would be sensible to change anything on the divot front. Here (inland Australia) in club golf virtually everyone carries sand buckets and uses them actively, meaning filling them on every hole and finding areas to put the sand to good use. The non-competition player here is the considerable minority of golf rounds so there is a different culture on a number of levels.

> >

> > Now you've done it! Lil' Mikey is never going to visit you in Oz. "Why, they all must be cuckoo."

>

> Actually, I have already been to Australia / New Zealand for a 35 day trip back in 06. New Zealand is the much nicer place to be anyway, so if I went back I would probably go only to New Zealand where the culture is richer and the landscape more beautiful. I really think that deep down in the hearts of all who posted in this forum that most people agree with my point but just don't want to admit it.

Thoughtful response! Anyone that disagrees with you clearly secretly agrees with you. I'll have to try that one with my wife.

• Like 1

> @antip said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > @antip said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > Here's a new question to ponder: 835 posts in before this one, has anyone changed their mind on this issue?

> > > > > > Or this one: Is it any more than a small (but vocal) minority that think they should be able to play from the fairway uninfluenced by where any other person has played from during the life history of the lie their shot has gotten them?

> > > > >

> > > > > I think if you polled all the golfers that play the game and ask them the question of deserved relief from an unrepaired divot they would say yes the USGA should make that rule legit. I think when you say the small minority, you are just talking about the golf WRX elitists who think they are the majority, and they are not.

> > > >

> > > > I really don't know anything about the USA, but I can assure you that it is a very small minority of my club of 600 active competition players that think it would be sensible to change anything on the divot front. Here (inland Australia) in club golf virtually everyone carries sand buckets and uses them actively, meaning filling them on every hole and finding areas to put the sand to good use. The non-competition player here is the considerable minority of golf rounds so there is a different culture on a number of levels.

> > >

> > > Now you've done it! Lil' Mikey is never going to visit you in Oz. "Why, they all must be cuckoo."

> >

> > Actually, I have already been to Australia / New Zealand for a 35 day trip back in 06. New Zealand is the much nicer place to be anyway, so if I went back I would probably go only to New Zealand where the culture is richer and the landscape more beautiful. I really think that deep down in the hearts of all who posted in this forum that most people agree with my point but just don't want to admit it.

>

> Thoughtful response! Anyone that disagrees with you clearly secretly agrees with you. I'll have to try that one with my wife.

Do you think women are dumb enough to drag this thread out to almost 900 replies. Any woman with half a brain would simply think to herself, "whatever" and move on. No reply needed.

> @Pepperturbo said:

> Didn't read all the posts but rather confident someone said, golf isn't supposed to be easy or designed for hacks. Given what the founders of the game coped with, they are bouncing off the casket walls. As it stands, OEM equipment companies are working at breakneck speed to provide clubs that make it so the user doesn't have to practice and the ball still goes reasonably far if you only get any part of the face on the ball. Thanks to public outcry, recent rule changes that affect various aspects of the game make it easier. Seen it with my own eyes; putting with the flag-stick in is suppose to speed POP but that's not happening, slow pokes are still slow, and slamming the ball into the pin, so it spins off the green. Let's not forget the added time used to tap down spike marks and footprints anywhere on the green, so they can make a putt, yet they are seldom made. I love dropping the ball from my knee, unfortunately, some people can't even bend over to reach their knees. Even tour players are getting into whining or complaining about this or that. Poor little fellas think it's unfair.

>

> What is next, OB balls not penalized, no stroke and distance, remove all green-side bunkers and water hazards, and any other rules that people deem unreasonable or too difficult for them. Oh, and let's not forget all courses have to spend millions to make fairways flatter, wider, fewer obstacles, greens should be flatter and slower with 12" cups, and lower green fees. It's a shame today, too many people don't want to put in the time to better themselves at anything, but acknowledgment for showing up. Rant over.

I find it interesting how people go about making their point, dragging in things that don't apply to the subject matter much at all. I have always had fun and respected what you have said in the past, but have a hard time with this particular rant. Remove greenside bunkers? 12" holes? no water hazards? rotflmao! Nobody has these outrageous desires. What I liken to an unrepaired man-made divot is that of any other man-made hazard on the course. Why do they allow for free drops from a roped-off area that may be flooded or being worked on by course maintenance? Both situations are man-made and unnatural to the lay of the land, in this case the fairway. My only desire would be a free drop from an unrepaired divot, not a properly sand filled divot. It's like asking for a free drop from a roped-off area, in my opinion. Dragging all the other situations into it that don't apply to the subject matter doesn't really help solve anything. I agree with a lot of what you said when speaking in a general fashion, but not applied to an unrepaired divot in the fairway , it just doesn't work for me.

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @antip said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > > Here's a new question to ponder: 835 posts in before this one, has anyone changed their mind on this issue?

> > > > > > > Or this one: Is it any more than a small (but vocal) minority that think they should be able to play from the fairway uninfluenced by where any other person has played from during the life history of the lie their shot has gotten them?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think if you polled all the golfers that play the game and ask them the question of deserved relief from an unrepaired divot they would say yes the USGA should make that rule legit. I think when you say the small minority, you are just talking about the golf WRX elitists who think they are the majority, and they are not.

> > > > >

> > > > > I really don't know anything about the USA, but I can assure you that it is a very small minority of my club of 600 active competition players that think it would be sensible to change anything on the divot front. Here (inland Australia) in club golf virtually everyone carries sand buckets and uses them actively, meaning filling them on every hole and finding areas to put the sand to good use. The non-competition player here is the considerable minority of golf rounds so there is a different culture on a number of levels.

> > > >

> > > > Now you've done it! Lil' Mikey is never going to visit you in Oz. "Why, they all must be cuckoo."

> > >

> > > Actually, I have already been to Australia / New Zealand for a 35 day trip back in 06. New Zealand is the much nicer place to be anyway, so if I went back I would probably go only to New Zealand where the culture is richer and the landscape more beautiful. I really think that deep down in the hearts of all who posted in this forum that most people agree with my point but just don't want to admit it.

> >

> > Thoughtful response! Anyone that disagrees with you clearly secretly agrees with you. I'll have to try that one with my wife.

>

> Do you think women are dumb enough to drag this thread out to almost 900 replies. Any woman with half a brain would simply think to herself, "whatever" and move on. No reply needed.

Answering your first sentence, no I don't. And in case you are interested, that was your 31st post.

> @antip said:

> > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > @antip said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > > > Here's a new question to ponder: 835 posts in before this one, has anyone changed their mind on this issue?

> > > > > > > > Or this one: Is it any more than a small (but vocal) minority that think they should be able to play from the fairway uninfluenced by where any other person has played from during the life history of the lie their shot has gotten them?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think if you polled all the golfers that play the game and ask them the question of deserved relief from an unrepaired divot they would say yes the USGA should make that rule legit. I think when you say the small minority, you are just talking about the golf WRX elitists who think they are the majority, and they are not.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I really don't know anything about the USA, but I can assure you that it is a very small minority of my club of 600 active competition players that think it would be sensible to change anything on the divot front. Here (inland Australia) in club golf virtually everyone carries sand buckets and uses them actively, meaning filling them on every hole and finding areas to put the sand to good use. The non-competition player here is the considerable minority of golf rounds so there is a different culture on a number of levels.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now you've done it! Lil' Mikey is never going to visit you in Oz. "Why, they all must be cuckoo."

> > > >

> > > > Actually, I have already been to Australia / New Zealand for a 35 day trip back in 06. New Zealand is the much nicer place to be anyway, so if I went back I would probably go only to New Zealand where the culture is richer and the landscape more beautiful. I really think that deep down in the hearts of all who posted in this forum that most people agree with my point but just don't want to admit it.

> > >

> > > Thoughtful response! Anyone that disagrees with you clearly secretly agrees with you. I'll have to try that one with my wife.

> >

> > Do you think women are dumb enough to drag this thread out to almost 900 replies. Any woman with half a brain would simply think to herself, "whatever" and move on. No reply needed.

>

> Answering your first sentence, no I don't. And in case you are interested, that was your 31st post.

How many posts for you?

Let us put men and women together

See which one is smarter

Some say men, but I say no

The women got the men like a puppet show

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @antip said:

> > > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > > @antip said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > @"sui generis" said:

> > > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > > > > Here's a new question to ponder: 835 posts in before this one, has anyone changed their mind on this issue?

> > > > > > > > > Or this one: Is it any more than a small (but vocal) minority that think they should be able to play from the fairway uninfluenced by where any other person has played from during the life history of the lie their shot has gotten them?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I think if you polled all the golfers that play the game and ask them the question of deserved relief from an unrepaired divot they would say yes the USGA should make that rule legit. I think when you say the small minority, you are just talking about the golf WRX elitists who think they are the majority, and they are not.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I really don't know anything about the USA, but I can assure you that it is a very small minority of my club of 600 active competition players that think it would be sensible to change anything on the divot front. Here (inland Australia) in club golf virtually everyone carries sand buckets and uses them actively, meaning filling them on every hole and finding areas to put the sand to good use. The non-competition player here is the considerable minority of golf rounds so there is a different culture on a number of levels.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now you've done it! Lil' Mikey is never going to visit you in Oz. "Why, they all must be cuckoo."

> > > > >

> > > > > Actually, I have already been to Australia / New Zealand for a 35 day trip back in 06. New Zealand is the much nicer place to be anyway, so if I went back I would probably go only to New Zealand where the culture is richer and the landscape more beautiful. I really think that deep down in the hearts of all who posted in this forum that most people agree with my point but just don't want to admit it.

> > > >

> > > > Thoughtful response! Anyone that disagrees with you clearly secretly agrees with you. I'll have to try that one with my wife.

> > >

> > > Do you think women are dumb enough to drag this thread out to almost 900 replies. Any woman with half a brain would simply think to herself, "whatever" and move on. No reply needed.

> >

> > Answering your first sentence, no I don't. And in case you are interested, that was your 31st post.

>

> How many posts for you?

>

> Let us put men and women together

> See which one is smarter

> Some say men, but I say no

> The women got the men like a puppet show

This one gets me to 11.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > Didn't read all the posts but rather confident someone said, golf isn't supposed to be easy or designed for hacks. Given what the founders of the game coped with, they are bouncing off the casket walls. As it stands, OEM equipment companies are working at breakneck speed to provide clubs that make it so the user doesn't have to practice and the ball still goes reasonably far if you only get any part of the face on the ball. Thanks to public outcry, recent rule changes that affect various aspects of the game make it easier. Seen it with my own eyes; putting with the flag-stick in is suppose to speed POP but that's not happening, slow pokes are still slow, and slamming the ball into the pin, so it spins off the green. Let's not forget the added time used to tap down spike marks and footprints anywhere on the green, so they can make a putt, yet they are seldom made. I love dropping the ball from my knee, unfortunately, some people can't even bend over to reach their knees. Even tour players are getting into whining or complaining about this or that. Poor little fellas think it's unfair.

> >

> > What is next, OB balls not penalized, no stroke and distance, remove all green-side bunkers and water hazards, and any other rules that people deem unreasonable or too difficult for them. Oh, and let's not forget all courses have to spend millions to make fairways flatter, wider, fewer obstacles, greens should be flatter and slower with 12" cups, and lower green fees. It's a shame today, too many people don't want to put in the time to better themselves at anything, but acknowledgment for showing up. Rant over.

>

> I find it interesting how people go about making their point, dragging in things that don't apply to the subject matter much at all. I have always had fun and respected what you have said in the past, but have a hard time with this particular rant. Remove greenside bunkers? 12" holes? no water hazards? rotflmao! Nobody has these outrageous desires. What I liken to an unrepaired man-made divot is that of any other man-made hazard on the course. Why do they allow for free drops from a roped-off area that may be flooded or being worked on by course maintenance? Both situations are man-made and unnatural to the lay of the land, in this case the fairway. My only desire would be a free drop from an unrepaired divot, not a properly sand filled divot. It's like asking for a free drop from a roped-off area, in my opinion. Dragging all the other situations into it that don't apply to the subject matter doesn't really help solve anything. I agree with a lot of what you said when speaking in a general fashion, but not applied to an unrepaired divot in the fairway , it just doesn't work for me.

My extreme reference points were included because I been playing golf long enough to see the effects of people complaining. They have been complaining about the golf ball going too far, POP, others complain about clubs not being forgiving enough, and still, others say courses are too difficult and so on. Mark my words, at the moment they sound wacky but time will prove otherwise. I know one course that's already removed many trees and some bunkers which required skilled shots. Why? Because a bunch of men's club people complained they made the course difficult. I never had a problem with the hazards, then again, I practiced enough so I can create needed shots. I have never been a complainer, but someone that likes challenges overcomes obstacles and adapts, all of which make be better at...

Landing in a repaired or unrepaired divot in the middle of the fairway is the luck of the draw. When it first happened to me I had a few choice words under my breath because I didn't know there is a technique used to execute the shot. What it did was motivated me to learn how to hit from divots so next time I didn't have the same feelings or choice words, just addressed the ball and executed the shot. Not all that different from my ball rolling up against a collar of ugly rough causing shot difficulty or my ball running into a really tight deep chipping area to an elevated tight pin.

As I see golf its a game of challenges that requires practice so we have diverse shot skills. You and others are welcome to your opinions. LOL Simple solution hit the ball to the fairway area where there are no divots. Have a good day. I have a tournament and divots to get ready for. LOL

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo Red 59S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S Wedge 113
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:> Landing in a repaired or unrepaired divot in the middle of the fairway is the luck of the draw.

>

> So is landing on a cart path, but you get relief.

>

> So is having to putt over a pitch mark, but you get relief.

See this is where I have the issue, on other points where you are allowed relief from man-made flaws so to speak. I understand the rules as they are, and I accept them and play by them, but I would love to see some relief from an unrepaired divot. Just one of my pet peeves. Now a repaired divot that has been sand filled, play it as it lies. To those who are against the idea, please don't pose the question of how one can tell if it is an unrepaired divot or not.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:> Landing in a repaired or unrepaired divot in the middle of the fairway is the luck of the draw.

> >

> > So is landing on a cart path, but you get relief.

> >

> > So is having to putt over a pitch mark, but you get relief.

>

> See this is where I have the issue, on other points where you are allowed relief from man-made flaws so to speak. I understand the rules as they are, and I accept them and play by them, but I would love to see some relief from an unrepaired divot. Just one of my pet peeves. Now a repaired divot that has been sand filled, play it as it lies. To those who are against the idea, please don't pose the question of how one can tell if it is an unrepaired divot or not.

Since you replied to RK maybe you two could huddle and reach a consensus on this? You want relief from unrepaired divots and he believes in LCP at all times in the fairway.

Maybe get together and show a united front?

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:> Landing in a repaired or unrepaired divot in the middle of the fairway is the luck of the draw.

> >

> >

>

> See this is where I have the issue, on other points where you are allowed relief from man-made flaws so to speak. I understand the rules as they are, and I accept them and play by them, but I would love to see some relief from an unrepaired divot. Just one of my pet peeves. Now a repaired divot that has been sand filled, play it as it lies. To those who are against the idea, please don't pose the question of how one can tell if it is an unrepaired divot or not.

How can you tell if it's an unreparied divot?

Or not?

• Like 1

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:> Landing in a repaired or unrepaired divot in the middle of the fairway is the luck of the draw.

>

> So is landing on a cart path, but you get relief.

>

> So is having to putt over a pitch mark, but you get relief.

You really are a one (OK, make it two) trick(s) pony, aren't ya ? LOL

You've been told before. I'll give it one more try.

The cart path, like an electrical box, a port-a-potty, or a sprinkler head, are not integral parts of a golf course. That is why you get free relief from them.

A fairway and its divots are integral parts of the course.

The green is a "special place" described in the rules and the green is there for the ball to be rolled on the ground, not hit through the air. That is why one is allowed to repair the green.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

> @nsxguy said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> >

> >

>

> You really are a one (OK, make it two) trick(s) pony, aren't ya ? LOL

>

> You've been told before. I'll give it one more try.

>

> The cart path, like an electrical box, a port-a-potty, or a sprinkler head, are not integral parts of a golf course. That is why you get free relief from them.

>

> A fairway and its divots are integral parts of the course.

>

> The green is a "special place" described in the rules and the green is there for the ball to be rolled on the ground, not hit through the air. That is why one is allowed to repair the green.

Also those other things which relief is granted is clearly identifiable and defined. Divots not so much.

> @Vindog said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > @Pepperturbo said:> Landing in a repaired or unrepaired divot in the middle of the fairway is the luck of the draw.

> > >

> > > So is landing on a cart path, but you get relief.

> > >

> > > So is having to putt over a pitch mark, but you get relief.

> >

> > See this is where I have the issue, on other points where you are allowed relief from man-made flaws so to speak. I understand the rules as they are, and I accept them and play by them, but I would love to see some relief from an unrepaired divot. Just one of my pet peeves. Now a repaired divot that has been sand filled, play it as it lies. To those who are against the idea, please don't pose the question of how one can tell if it is an unrepaired divot or not.

>

> How can you tell if it's an unreparied divot?

>

>

> Or not?

You can't, it's impossible.

> @Mikey5e said:

> See this is where I have the issue, on other points where you are allowed relief from man-made flaws so to speak.

No. You are allowed relief from artificial objects. You may be allowed relief from flaws such as GUR but each has to be defined and identified individually. A difficult job with divot holes.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Vindog said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > @Pepperturbo said:> Landing in a repaired or unrepaired divot in the middle of the fairway is the luck of the draw.

> > > >

> > > > So is landing on a cart path, but you get relief.

> > > >

> > > > So is having to putt over a pitch mark, but you get relief.

> > >

> > > See this is where I have the issue, on other points where you are allowed relief from man-made flaws so to speak. I understand the rules as they are, and I accept them and play by them, but I would love to see some relief from an unrepaired divot. Just one of my pet peeves. Now a repaired divot that has been sand filled, play it as it lies. To those who are against the idea, please don't pose the question of how one can tell if it is an unrepaired divot or not.

> >

> > How can you tell if it's an unreparied divot?

> >

> >

> > Or not?

>

> You can't, it's impossible.

Thank you.

Now maybe we can close the thread before the other "usual suspects" get here. LOL

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @nsxguy said:> A fairway and its divots are integral parts of the course.

> Divots are man made and not an integral part of the course

>

>

>

Let's remember that "integral objects" have a specific golf definition, and the word "integral" should, therefore, be avoided in this debate as technically a divot cannot be an integral object:

Integral Object

An artificial object defined by the Committee as part of the challenge of playing the course from which free relief is not allowed.

Artificial objects defined by the Committee as integral objects are treated as immovable (see Rule 8.1a). But if part of an integral object (such as a gate or door or part of an attached cable) meets the definition of movable obstruction, that part is treated as a movable obstruction.

Integral objects are not obstructions or boundary objects.