2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

The G.O.A.T Putter by theputtingengineer

> @"Big A HG" said:

> > @dan360 said:

> > I don’t get wanting a replica down to the stamping that’s like walking around on track day dressed head to toe like Valentino Rossi. News flash he will still

> > outrun everyone while riding a stock bike wearing a Smokey the Bear costume. He won’t look like the fool.

>

> Actually, the equivalent to dressing head to toe like Valentino Rossi would be to wear your Nike Sunday red mock turtleneck and slap a Frank headcover on your driver as you hit your 9 hole muni. Wanting to try Tiger's putter is more akin to wanting to ride Rossi's bike...not sure I see the problem with that. I think people just want to experience some of what the greatest golfer of all time has experienced.

>

>

lol It’s hero worship gone looney is what it is.

Tiger’s putter? bwahahaha it has as much in common with Tiger’s putter as that stupid Rossi special edition Ducati has with his actual MotoGP bike.

This is that dumb Dale Earnhardt Chevy Monte Carlo all over again, only much more pretentious, albeit less so than the defenders of the sham.

What’s next a knock off PING Eye2 becu 1-iron pretending to be Tiger’s “Stinger v1.0”.... good grief.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

I remember Tony Jacklin talking once that he would copy other players, he said he actually won a golf tournament once putting like Ben Crenshaw, golf is about seeing the shot & if a putter like Tigers help you to see the shot then that can’t be a bad thing, I think this design of putter is one that lots of people have used to great effect over the years, it’s one of the best designs.

> @dan360 said:

> > @"Big A HG" said:

> > > @dan360 said:

> > > I don’t get wanting a replica down to the stamping that’s like walking around on track day dressed head to toe like Valentino Rossi. News flash he will still

> > > outrun everyone while riding a stock bike wearing a Smokey the Bear costume. He won’t look like the fool.

> >

> > Actually, the equivalent to dressing head to toe like Valentino Rossi would be to wear your Nike Sunday red mock turtleneck and slap a Frank headcover on your driver as you hit your 9 hole muni. Wanting to try Tiger's putter is more akin to wanting to ride Rossi's bike...not sure I see the problem with that. I think people just want to experience some of what the greatest golfer of all time has experienced.

> >

> >

>

> lol It’s hero worship gone looney is what it is.

>

> Tiger’s putter? bwahahaha it has as much in common with Tiger’s putter as that stupid Rossi special edition Ducati has with his actual MotoGP bike.

>

> This is that dumb Dale Earnhardt Chevy Monte Carlo all over again, only much more pretentious, albeit less so than the defenders of the sham.

>

> What’s next a knock off PING Eye2 becu 1-iron pretending to be Tiger’s “Stinger v1.0”.... good grief.

>

>

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5°
TaylorMade M2 16.5°
TaylorMade M2 19°
Ben Hogan PTx 22º 46º
Ben Hogan Equlizer 50º
Ping Eye 2 + SW
Titleist Vokey SM6 58º
Scotty Cameron Futura X6M

> @dan360 said:

> > @"Big A HG" said:

> > > @dan360 said:

> > > I don’t get wanting a replica down to the stamping that’s like walking around on track day dressed head to toe like Valentino Rossi. News flash he will still

> > > outrun everyone while riding a stock bike wearing a Smokey the Bear costume. He won’t look like the fool.

> >

> > Actually, the equivalent to dressing head to toe like Valentino Rossi would be to wear your Nike Sunday red mock turtleneck and slap a Frank headcover on your driver as you hit your 9 hole muni. Wanting to try Tiger's putter is more akin to wanting to ride Rossi's bike...not sure I see the problem with that. I think people just want to experience some of what the greatest golfer of all time has experienced.

> >

> >

>

> lol It’s hero worship gone looney is what it is.

>

> Tiger’s putter? bwahahaha it has as much in common with Tiger’s putter as that stupid Rossi special edition Ducati has with his actual MotoGP bike.

>

> This is that dumb Dale Earnhardt Chevy Monte Carlo all over again, only much more pretentious, albeit less so than the defenders of the sham.

>

> What’s next a knock off PING Eye2 becu 1-iron pretending to be Tiger’s “Stinger v1.0”.... good grief.

>

>

Why does it bother you? I am a HUGE Tiger fan but I personally would never buy this, but I couldn't possibly care less if someone does. If someone is a huge fan and wants a putter just like him good for them, doesn't affect my life.

• Like 2

> @Smada962 said:

> > @dan360 said:

> > > @"Big A HG" said:

> > > > @dan360 said:

> > > > I don’t get wanting a replica down to the stamping that’s like walking around on track day dressed head to toe like Valentino Rossi. News flash he will still

> > > > outrun everyone while riding a stock bike wearing a Smokey the Bear costume. He won’t look like the fool.

> > >

> > > Actually, the equivalent to dressing head to toe like Valentino Rossi would be to wear your Nike Sunday red mock turtleneck and slap a Frank headcover on your driver as you hit your 9 hole muni. Wanting to try Tiger's putter is more akin to wanting to ride Rossi's bike...not sure I see the problem with that. I think people just want to experience some of what the greatest golfer of all time has experienced.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > lol It’s hero worship gone looney is what it is.

> >

> > Tiger’s putter? bwahahaha it has as much in common with Tiger’s putter as that stupid Rossi special edition Ducati has with his actual MotoGP bike.

> >

> > This is that dumb Dale Earnhardt Chevy Monte Carlo all over again, only much more pretentious, albeit less so than the defenders of the sham.

> >

> > What’s next a knock off PING Eye2 becu 1-iron pretending to be Tiger’s “Stinger v1.0”.... good grief.

> >

> >

>

> Why does it bother you? I am a HUGE Tiger fan but I personally would never buy this, but I couldn't possibly care less if someone does. If someone is a huge fan and wants a putter just like him good for them, doesn't affect my life.

Then at least make the effort and start with a real Titleist Scotty cameron putter for crying out loud. If ya wanna be a poser, poser it a little bit correctly. Otherwise get laughed at.

Mind my own business. Stay in my lane. Do not offend. What a boring world if we can’t rib people harmlessly once in a while. People take things too seriously anymore.

It’s weak. Like this putter.

• Like 1
Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

> @dan360 said:

>

>

> > @Smada962 said:

> > > @dan360 said:

> > > > @"Big A HG" said:

> > > > > @dan360 said:

> > > > > I don’t get wanting a replica down to the stamping that’s like walking around on track day dressed head to toe like Valentino Rossi. News flash he will still

> > > > > outrun everyone while riding a stock bike wearing a Smokey the Bear costume. He won’t look like the fool.

> > > >

> > > > Actually, the equivalent to dressing head to toe like Valentino Rossi would be to wear your Nike Sunday red mock turtleneck and slap a Frank headcover on your driver as you hit your 9 hole muni. Wanting to try Tiger's putter is more akin to wanting to ride Rossi's bike...not sure I see the problem with that. I think people just want to experience some of what the greatest golfer of all time has experienced.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > lol It’s hero worship gone looney is what it is.

> > >

> > > Tiger’s putter? bwahahaha it has as much in common with Tiger’s putter as that stupid Rossi special edition Ducati has with his actual MotoGP bike.

> > >

> > > This is that dumb Dale Earnhardt Chevy Monte Carlo all over again, only much more pretentious, albeit less so than the defenders of the sham.

> > >

> > > What’s next a knock off PING Eye2 becu 1-iron pretending to be Tiger’s “Stinger v1.0”.... good grief.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Why does it bother you? I am a HUGE Tiger fan but I personally would never buy this, but I couldn't possibly care less if someone does. If someone is a huge fan and wants a putter just like him good for them, doesn't affect my life.

>

>

> Then at least make the effort and start with a real Titleist Scotty cameron putter for crying out loud. If ya wanna be a poser, poser it a little bit correctly. Otherwise get laughed at.

>

> Mind my own business. Stay in my lane. Do not offend. What a boring world if we can’t rib people harmlessly once in a while. People take things too seriously anymore.

>

> It’s weak. Like this putter.

>

>

Nobody is offended, most people just prefer takes that aren't horrible.

• Like 1

> @sixfootnick said:

> > @dan360 said:

> >

> >

> > > @Smada962 said:

> > > > @dan360 said:

> > > > > @"Big A HG" said:

> > > > > > @dan360 said:

> > > > > > I don’t get wanting a replica down to the stamping that’s like walking around on track day dressed head to toe like Valentino Rossi. News flash he will still

> > > > > > outrun everyone while riding a stock bike wearing a Smokey the Bear costume. He won’t look like the fool.

> > > > >

> > > > > Actually, the equivalent to dressing head to toe like Valentino Rossi would be to wear your Nike Sunday red mock turtleneck and slap a Frank headcover on your driver as you hit your 9 hole muni. Wanting to try Tiger's putter is more akin to wanting to ride Rossi's bike...not sure I see the problem with that. I think people just want to experience some of what the greatest golfer of all time has experienced.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > lol It’s hero worship gone looney is what it is.

> > > >

> > > > Tiger’s putter? bwahahaha it has as much in common with Tiger’s putter as that stupid Rossi special edition Ducati has with his actual MotoGP bike.

> > > >

> > > > This is that dumb Dale Earnhardt Chevy Monte Carlo all over again, only much more pretentious, albeit less so than the defenders of the sham.

> > > >

> > > > What’s next a knock off PING Eye2 becu 1-iron pretending to be Tiger’s “Stinger v1.0”.... good grief.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Why does it bother you? I am a HUGE Tiger fan but I personally would never buy this, but I couldn't possibly care less if someone does. If someone is a huge fan and wants a putter just like him good for them, doesn't affect my life.

> >

> >

> > Then at least make the effort and start with a real Titleist Scotty cameron putter for crying out loud. If ya wanna be a poser, poser it a little bit correctly. Otherwise get laughed at.

> >

> > Mind my own business. Stay in my lane. Do not offend. What a boring world if we can’t rib people harmlessly once in a while. People take things too seriously anymore.

> >

> > It’s weak. Like this putter.

> >

> >

>

> Nobody is offended, most people just prefer takes that aren't horrible.

Takes. Fakes. Mexican food. Horrible of each is pretty horrible.

Guys, it's a putter... chill the heck out.

It is INSPIRED by the "GOAT's" putter. Chill.

They over did the "straightness" of it and did not finish it extremely well. If it is GSS then it is probably worth some coin.....

Now, is it worth it to you, I dunno. Some would pay twice the amount.

You dont have to. Calm down.

> @"Mr. Hogan" said:

> > @Ivyguy said: If it is GSS then it is probably worth some coin.....

>

> German Stainless Steel (GSS) is a marketing term created by Scotty Cameron. German Stainless Steel is not more valuable than American Stainless Steel.

>

So... is it just stainless steel from Germany? I will say, German brass is in a class of it's own. Is it a metallurgy claim (forged in Japan lol)?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know the Nike Ignite 001 is cast and has a polymer insert, but I love the look from address, closer to Tiger's gamer than most any other look out there. If this thing feels decent, it might get serious bag time.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

Not to push a particular agenda/brand, as I don't currently own one, but Kari Lajosi's new sensor shape is damn close as well, especially the topline.

https://puttertalk.com/community/threads/new-2019-sensor.41036/

Edel Brick

I got mine today, it really is a thing of beauty, looks & feels fantastic, I’m really happy with it, I tried it on the way home tonight & will put it in the bag ready for Sunday ?

gj26dduak69l.jpeg

cx3oucj3sg0p.jpeg

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5°
TaylorMade M2 16.5°
TaylorMade M2 19°
Ben Hogan PTx 22º 46º
Ben Hogan Equlizer 50º
Ping Eye 2 + SW
Titleist Vokey SM6 58º

> @"A.Princey" said:

> Not to push a particular agenda/brand, as I don't currently own one, but Kari Lajosi's new sensor shape is **** close as well, especially the topline.

>

> https://puttertalk.com/community/threads/new-2019-sensor.41036/

I would much prefer the LaJosi over this one. Not even close. Good find Princey

> @Ivyguy said:

> > @"Mr. Hogan" said:

> > > @Ivyguy said: If it is GSS then it is probably worth some coin.....

> >

> > German Stainless Steel (GSS) is a marketing term created by Scotty Cameron. German Stainless Steel is not more valuable than American Stainless Steel.

> >

>

> So... is it just stainless steel from Germany? I will say, German brass is in a class of it's own. Is it a metallurgy claim (forged in Japan lol)?

I believe GSS is just 303 stainless that is heat treated a couple times to certain temperatures. It's more of a process than material.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @lawsonman said:

> > @Ivyguy said:

> > > @"Mr. Hogan" said:

> > > > @Ivyguy said: If it is GSS then it is probably worth some coin.....

> > >

> > > German Stainless Steel (GSS) is a marketing term created by Scotty Cameron. German Stainless Steel is not more valuable than American Stainless Steel.

> > >

> >

> > So... is it just stainless steel from Germany? I will say, German brass is in a class of it's own. Is it a metallurgy claim (forged in Japan lol)?

>

> I believe GSS is just 303 stainless that is heat treated a couple times to certain temperatures. It's more of a process than material.

Lol. GSS is something made up and is a trademark by Scotty Cameron. It’s not a real material. It’s just good old fashioned stainless steel with a drastically inflated price.

LOL, German stainless and Swiss German stainless made in Germany is much higher quality stainless than the made in Ch---stainless and most SS made in USA, "303 SS is not all the same". German processes are much more attention to detail than others. I personally have seen their processes and can tell you without just guessing or believing what others say.

Is it worth what Scotty and others charge? No, but worth a little more!

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

> @oneaugusta said:

> LOL, German stainless and Swiss German stainless made in Germany is much higher quality stainless than the made in Ch---stainless and most SS made in USA, "303 SS is not all the same". German processes are much more attention to detail than others. I personally have seen their processes and can tell you without just guessing or believing what others say.

> Is it worth what Scotty and others charge? No, but worth a little more!

You clearly have not seen the GSS Trademark on Scottys homepage. Its a term he created, not an actual thing. Of course you can call Stainless steel from Germany, german Stainless steel. But in this case, its not a question of where it is from since I doubt it is even from Germany.

> @CD17 said:

> I got mine today, it really is a thing of beauty, looks & feels fantastic, I’m really happy with it, I tried it on the way home tonight & will put it in the bag ready for Sunday ?

>

> gj26dduak69l.jpeg

> cx3oucj3sg0p.jpeg

>

Show us the topline!

• Like 1

Edel Brick

Can you guys imagine how lucky you were grabbing one of the ”GOAT” putters that are made from the EXACT material Scotty is using on his tour putters! That they went above and beyond finding this unicorn material just for you guys!

Biggest scam in golf and I hate the guys behind this putter for tricking clueless people into buying this sh*t. Sorry for the rant, I hope it rolls well for you.

Before we had European standards each country had different standards for everything, I’m an Electrical engineer & they’ve been trying to harmonise standards across Europe for years, so before this Germany had a different standard for stainless steel then we did in England, apparently slightly softer than other countries, it all depends what amount of the other elements that go into the mix to produce a certain Stainless Steel.

Stainless steel is a metal alloy, made up of steel mixed with elements such as chromium, nickel, molybdenum, silicon, aluminum, and carbon. Iron mixed with carbon to produce steel is the main component of stainless steel. Chromium is added to make it resistant to rust.

So the German Stainless Steel is just the old German standard.

> @cforselius said:

> Can you guys imagine how lucky you were grabbing one of the ”GOAT” putters that are made from the EXACT material Scotty is using on his tour putters! That they went above and beyond finding this unicorn material just for you guys!

>

> Biggest scam in golf and I hate the guys behind this putter for tricking clueless people into buying this sh*t. Sorry for the rant, I hope it rolls well for you.

Ping G400 Max 10.5°
TaylorMade M2 16.5°
TaylorMade M2 19°
Ben Hogan PTx 22º 46º
Ben Hogan Equlizer 50º
Ping Eye 2 + SW
Titleist Vokey SM6 58º

> @CD17 said:

> Before we had European standards each country had different standards for everything, I’m an Electrical engineer & they’ve been trying to harmonise standards across Europe for years, so before this Germany had a different standard for stainless steel then we did in England, apparently slightly softer than other countries, it all depends what amount of the other elements that go into the mix to produce a certain Stainless Steel.

>

> Stainless steel is a metal alloy, made up of steel mixed with elements such as chromium, nickel, molybdenum, silicon, aluminum, and carbon. Iron mixed with carbon to produce steel is the main component of stainless steel. Chromium is added to make it resistant to rust.

>

> So the German Stainless Steel is just the old German standard.

>

>

> > @cforselius said:

> > Can you guys imagine how lucky you were grabbing one of the ”GOAT” putters that are made from the EXACT material Scotty is using on his tour putters! That they went above and beyond finding this unicorn material just for you guys!

> >

> > Biggest scam in golf and I hate the guys behind this putter for tricking clueless people into buying this sh*t. Sorry for the rant, I hope it rolls well for you.

>

Im not sure what you are trying to say unfortunately. Me and a collegue just recieved a 2 ton machine made out of German Stainless steel. My point is that it is Stainless steel. Just plain, regular Stainless steel. Not something magical worth markering except for people who dont understand what I just stated. Kudos for Scotty keeping the hype and making it legendary in this business, but for these guys saying how tough it was finding GSS is pure bullsh*t.

"GSS putters start at $8000 at the gallery" hahahaha wow what a feeling it must be to 3 putt with an 8000$ putter.

• Like 1

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Taylormade R-11 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler