2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Mizuno MP-20 MMC - July 2019

GolfWRX

> @moorebaseball said:

> I wish the mmc’s were just a little smaller with less offset. Those could make it in my bag. I feel like mizuno needs a “tweener”.

I can see what you are saying but the mp20's are actually quite forgiving, so if you want a smaller and less offset iron, the mb's would be the choice, and I think that is what Mizuno is basically saying by not offering the SC iron in the mp20 lineup.

On a side note, I just realized the MMc is only 4-pw. Why no 3 iron??? :(

> @moorebaseball said:

> I wish the mmc’s were just a little smaller with less offset. Those could make it in my bag. I feel like mizuno needs a “tweener”.

Don’t be afraid of the Blade! ?

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

Sooo hypothetically if someone were to have purchased 919Tours before this season with S18 wedges, would there be any benefit feel or performance wise to switch to an MP20 setup? (Wedges not withstanding as I'm going to replace the S18's no matter what.)

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @518TitleistX said:

> Sooo hypothetically if someone were to have purchased 919Tours before this season with S18 wedges, would there be any benefit feel or performance wise to switch to an MP20 setup? (Wedges not withstanding as I'm going to replace the S18's no matter what.)

I think if you’re loving your 919s and were properly fit, probably not. However feel is very subjective and Mizuno has said the MMCs are more forgiving than the 919T. Only way to know is to go give them a go.

> @capking said:

> > @moorebaseball said:

> > I wish the mmc’s were just a little smaller with less offset. Those could make it in my bag. I feel like mizuno needs a “tweener”.

>

> What are you gaming currently that are smaller with less offset? The offset seems pretty minimal to my eye.

Currently gaming 714 ap2s, but I am not a fan af the size, offset, or feel hahaha. These were my first irons and they have served their purpose. On to something smaller with a little forgiveness, less offset, and better feel if such an iron exists ?.

> @therealjonzone said:

> > @moorebaseball said:

> > I wish the mmc’s were just a little smaller with less offset. Those could make it in my bag. I feel like mizuno needs a “tweener”.

>

> These are the tweeners....and there’s no way you could notice that small of a difference in offset vs the MB20’s

I can definitely see the difference in offset, whether you can or not.

• Like 1

It’s a very small difference in offset and blade size between the MMC and MB. The two things that stick out the most between the two in my book is the top line thickness and shape of the PW in the MMC. If you set the lofts 1* weak in the MMC I don’t think you would see any difference in offset between the two. That’s what I plan to do and that’s why I bought the 46* in the T20.

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5*

Taylormade Stealth 15*
Taylormade Stealth 22*

Sri on Z U85 26*
Adam’s A-Tour Red 5-P
Edel 54* DVR, 58* DVR

Ping PLD Milled DS-72

> @moorebaseball said:

> > @capking said:

> > > @moorebaseball said:

> > > I wish the mmc’s were just a little smaller with less offset. Those could make it in my bag. I feel like mizuno needs a “tweener”.

> >

> > What are you gaming currently that are smaller with less offset? The offset seems pretty minimal to my eye.

>

> Currently gaming 714 ap2s, but I am not a fan af the size, offset, or feel hahaha. These were my first irons and they have served their purpose. On to something smaller with a little forgiveness, less offset, and better feel if such an iron exists ?.

Oh ok, I kind of agree with Jon, the total offset on the MMC is .122 and .126 in the HMB and .087 in the MB .035 inches isn’t much. But I guess in difference between the 3 it is the most.

> @phelps22 said:

> It’s a very small difference in offset and blade size between the MMC and MB. The two things that stick out the most between the two in my book is the top line thickness and shape of the PW in the MMC. If you set the lofts 1* weak in the MMC I don’t think you would see any difference in offset between the two. That’s what I plan to do and that’s why I bought the 46* in the T20.

I have thought that if I like them, I could bend them 2 degrees weaker, but that will mess with the bounce. Decisions decisions.

> @moorebaseball said:

> > @phelps22 said:

> > It’s a very small difference in offset and blade size between the MMC and MB. The two things that stick out the most between the two in my book is the top line thickness and shape of the PW in the MMC. If you set the lofts 1* weak in the MMC I don’t think you would see any difference in offset between the two. That’s what I plan to do and that’s why I bought the 46* in the T20.

>

> I have thought that if I like them, I could bend them 2 degrees weaker, but that will mess with the bounce. Decisions decisions.

There’s not a whole lot of bounce on them to start with so by the time you bend them your right around what most sets out there are anyways.

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5*

Taylormade Stealth 15*
Taylormade Stealth 22*

Sri on Z U85 26*
Adam’s A-Tour Red 5-P
Edel 54* DVR, 58* DVR

Ping PLD Milled DS-72

> @phelps22 said:

> > @moorebaseball said:

> > > @phelps22 said:

> > > It’s a very small difference in offset and blade size between the MMC and MB. The two things that stick out the most between the two in my book is the top line thickness and shape of the PW in the MMC. If you set the lofts 1* weak in the MMC I don’t think you would see any difference in offset between the two. That’s what I plan to do and that’s why I bought the 46* in the T20.

> >

> > I have thought that if I like them, I could bend them 2 degrees weaker, but that will mess with the bounce. Decisions decisions.

>

> There’s not a whole lot of bounce on them to start with so by the time you bend them your right around what most sets out there are anyways.

>

Hmmmm...I will have to add them to the list then.

> @wely324 said:

> > @moorebaseball said:

>

> I can see what you are saying but the mp20's are actually quite forgiving, so if you want a smaller and less offset iron, the mb's would be the choice, and I think that is what Mizuno is basically saying by not offering the SC iron in the mp20 lineup.

>

>

>

> On a side note, I just realized the MMc is only 4-pw. Why no 3 iron??? :(

I asked after I got mine and evidently no 3 iron available, which based on how incredibly well I’m hitting my 4 iron!

Ended up ordering a HMB 3 iron with $-taper to match my irons.

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

> @sayashop said:

> I’d say higher ball flight and less workable

Maybe higher ball flight, but the MMC’s are very workable.

WITB

> @texcrom said:

> > @wely324 said:

> > > I wish the mmc’s were just a little smaller with less offset. Those could make it in my bag. I feel like mizuno needs a “tweener”.

> >

> > I can see what you are saying but the mp20's are actually quite forgiving, so if you want a smaller and less offset iron, the mb's would be the choice, and I think that is what Mizuno is basically saying by not offering the SC iron in the mp20 lineup.

> >

> >

> >

> > On a side note, I just realized the MMc is only 4-pw. Why no 3 iron??? :(

>

> I asked after I got mine and evidently no 3 iron available, which based on how incredibly well I’m hitting my 4 iron!

>

> Ended up ordering a HMB 3 iron with $-taper to match my irons.

How do you like the hmb 3 iron compared with the 4 iron mmc???

After looking at the specs the 4 iron mmc is only 1 degree weaker than the 3 iron MB, which I was looking to replace. I could go 4 iron mmc 1 degree stronger at 21, which would be my 3 iron, to match up with the 24 degree 4 iron mb.

> @moorebaseball said:

> > @therealjonzone said:

> >

> > These are the tweeners....and there’s no way you could notice that small of a difference in offset vs the MB20’s

>

> I can definitely see the difference in offset, whether you can or not.

Dude, there’s just over 1mm difference or 0.04” difference. If you can see that, I think you better take up Biathlon and not golf

> @therealjonzone said:

> > @moorebaseball said:

> > > @therealjonzone said:

> > > > @moorebaseball said:

> > > > I wish the mmc’s were just a little smaller with less offset. Those could make it in my bag. I feel like mizuno needs a “tweener”.

> > >

> > > These are the tweeners....and there’s no way you could notice that small of a difference in offset vs the MB20’s

> >

> > I can definitely see the difference in offset, whether you can or not.

>

> Dude, there’s just over 1mm difference or 0.04” difference. If you can see that, I think you better take up Biathlon and not golf

Guess so. I have been known to have great eyes though....what can I say.

> @moorebaseball said:

> > @therealjonzone said:

> > > > @therealjonzone said:

> > > > > @moorebaseball said:

> > > > > I wish the mmc’s were just a little smaller with less offset. Those could make it in my bag. I feel like mizuno needs a “tweener”.

> > > >

> > > > These are the tweeners....and there’s no way you could notice that small of a difference in offset vs the MB20’s

> > >

> > > I can definitely see the difference in offset, whether you can or not.

> >

> > Dude, there’s just over 1mm difference or 0.04” difference. If you can see that, I think you better take up Biathlon and not golf

>

> Guess so. I have been known to have great eyes though....what can I say.

I can see it too. The thicker top line of the HMB vs. MMC makes it easier to see the difference in offset to my eyes. It’s not overwhelming, it’s not disqualifying, but it’s there. The beauty of the way OEMs are launching blendable sets of irons is that there is a way for everyone to choose the exact set make up for themselves.

> @wely324 said:

> > @texcrom said:

> > > @wely324 said:

> > > > @moorebaseball said:

> > > > I wish the mmc’s were just a little smaller with less offset. Those could make it in my bag. I feel like mizuno needs a “tweener”.

> > >

> > > I can see what you are saying but the mp20's are actually quite forgiving, so if you want a smaller and less offset iron, the mb's would be the choice, and I think that is what Mizuno is basically saying by not offering the SC iron in the mp20 lineup.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > On a side note, I just realized the MMc is only 4-pw. Why no 3 iron??? :(

> >

> > I asked after I got mine and evidently no 3 iron available, which based on how incredibly well I’m hitting my 4 iron!

> >

> > Ended up ordering a HMB 3 iron with $-taper to match my irons.

>

> How do you like the hmb 3 iron compared with the 4 iron mmc???

>

> After looking at the specs the 4 iron mmc is only 1 degree weaker than the 3 iron MB, which I was looking to replace. I could go 4 iron mmc 1 degree stronger at 21, which would be my 3 iron, to match up with the 24 degree 4 iron mb.

Due to the weather, I still haven’t had a chance to hit it yet! But I will Saturday!

WITB

> @capking said:

> So annoyed ordered 9/24/2019 came in... wrong shafts... still no clubs

my original order came in wrong shafts

Had to reorder - took 2 more weeks

only had one round on them and by that time it was cooler out and the clubs felt meh but my mind was already made up to switch.

Unfortunate.

2024 Bag TBD

Has anyone bent the mmc 2 degrees weak? Seriously considering it to keep 4 degrees between my irons but wanting people’s inputs well. My set up would be

Hmb 4 iron 22 degrees

Mmc 5 iron 26 degrees (1 weak)

Mmc 6 iron 30 degrees (2 weak)

Mmc 7 iron 34 degrees (2 weak)

Mmc 8 iron 38 degrees (2 weak)

Mmc 9 iron 42 degrees (1 weak)

Mmc PW. 46 degrees (standard)

Would love you have someone’s input that has more experience than me in the golf industry

> @kgeorge78 said:

> > @capking said:

> > So annoyed ordered 9/24/2019 came in... wrong shafts... still no clubs

>

> my original order came in wrong shafts

> Had to reorder - took 2 more weeks

> only had one round on them and by that time it was cooler out and the clubs felt meh but my mind was already made up to switch.

>

> Unfortunate.

>

>

The store I ordered through called me yesterday saying it was at least 2 weeks out because of a back order of shafts through Mizuno... the T20s I ordered in the same shafts will probably be here before the irons.

> @Rpete33 said:

> Has anyone bent the mmc 2 degrees weak? Seriously considering it to keep 4 degrees between my irons but wanting people’s inputs well. My set up would be

> Hmb 4 iron 22 degrees

> Mmc 5 iron 26 degrees (1 weak)

> Mmc 6 iron 30 degrees (2 weak)

> Mmc 7 iron 34 degrees (2 weak)

> Mmc 8 iron 38 degrees (2 weak)

> Mmc 9 iron 42 degrees (1 weak)

> Mmc PW. 46 degrees (standard)

>

> Would love you have someone’s input that has more experience than me in the golf industry

That is exactly how I played my MP 18 MMCs. I tried a few rounds with them at the stock lofts and found my gapping all over the place. When I had them set like above, my gapping was spot on. No issues with high flight either and I’m a high ball hitter. I can not figure out why the heck Mizuno and several other manufacturers go with 5* gapping in short irons and 3* gapping in long irons. Get them bent to SEL specs and roll!

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

> @jetmech879 said:

> > @Rpete33 said:

> > Has anyone bent the mmc 2 degrees weak? Seriously considering it to keep 4 degrees between my irons but wanting people’s inputs well. My set up would be

> > Hmb 4 iron 22 degrees

> > Mmc 5 iron 26 degrees (1 weak)

> > Mmc 6 iron 30 degrees (2 weak)

> > Mmc 7 iron 34 degrees (2 weak)

> > Mmc 8 iron 38 degrees (2 weak)

> > Mmc 9 iron 42 degrees (1 weak)

> > Mmc PW. 46 degrees (standard)

> >

> > Would love you have someone’s input that has more experience than me in the golf industry

>

> That is exactly how I played my MP 18 MMCs. I tried a few rounds with them at the stock lofts and found my gapping all over the place. When I had them set like above, my gapping was spot on. No issues with high flight either and I’m a high ball hitter. I can not figure out why the heck Mizuno and several other manufacturers go with 5* gapping in short irons and 3* gapping in long irons. Get them bent to SEL specs and roll!

>

>

The 5* gap in the short irons is only in the mmc and hmb. I’m assuming it’s related to targeting certain style of players or swings.

Just got fitted into them tonight with the $taper X. Debating on whether to combo with HMB but seems people really like the MMC long irons?

Have there been any people that fell out of love with their MMC? Especially any with the same shafts as me? ?

Loved the feel of these and retained the distance I have in my apex pros. Dispersion was good as well. At one time was thinking I could just pull off the 18 with this shaft but seems the 20 was a definite step up from 18.

> @"left hand low" said:

> Just got fitted into them tonight with the $taper X. Debating on whether to combo with HMB but seems people really like the MMC long irons?

> Have there been any people that fell out of love with their MMC? Especially any with the same shafts as me? ?

>

> Loved the feel of these and retained the distance I have in my apex pros. Dispersion was good as well. At one time was thinking I could just pull off the 18 with this shaft but seems the 20 was a definite step up from 18.

I went with the HMBs just in the long irons since they do have higher launch and I was getting the 3i anyways. I found the long irons pretty similar but had slightly tighter dispersion with the HMB.