2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Mizuno MP-20 MMC - July 2019

GolfWRX

Spoke with Mizuno they suggested I take them to an authorized dealer they can remove the grips and see if the shaft model is correct underneath them. They said it is possible the incorrect labels were put on the shafts hopefully this will be as easy as getting new labels since the order form is correct.

Picked mine up 4-P yesterday from club champion!!! Hit each club a few times there to make sure everything good.... went straight to an indoor range for an hour. Absolutely loves these clubs. As a present to myself I did a proper fitting at CC and brought from them the exact specs. Time will tell of course but im convinced these will be the best irons ive ever played combined with the right shaft choice. Picked up ball speed, carry, and even more spin.

Its nice enough today in Chicago ill be able to hit some balls outside after work

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

Just a follow up note on the MMC, I just did a fitting yesterday. I ended up going with JPX 919 Tour but I was really impressed with the MMC. Great look, and I actually think they were kind of “hot”. I was carrying the JPX 7 iron about 187 on the trackman, the MMC shot that up to 198 which I was really impressed with but for me, there was not enough spin with that carry. I think these are an awesome option for a strong player looking for a touch more gas.

as another side note, the JPX 919 Tours are waaaaaay easier to hit than they would appear. I would classify them in the same forgiveness category as my 718 AP2s.

Dr:  Titleist TSI3 Fujikura Ventus Black 7X 

3W: Taylormade SIM Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

UW: Callaway UW 19 Accra TZ5 100TX
or
New level Utility iron Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Titleist T100 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 Onyx
Vokey SM8 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold tour issue black onyx x100 (s400 58)
Taylormade Spyder Custom

Nice. The tours still intrigue me. I don’t notice that the MP20 MB are demanding to play until 5 iron and even then they’re very easy to hit for me. The problem is my stock 5 carries 195 with a blade (with pro v1x spinning at or over 5000rpm this can move up if I go to tp5x for example) but even strikes that are very near pure that still feel well hit will drop back to 180-185. This is my 6 and I don’t get those drop offs with that club. If the 4 and 5 in the Tour are more consistent for ball speed I think I would change to them.

I would definitely agree with you about the MMCs and the tours. The MMCs are very hot. If you want to boost your ego by hitting a 200 yard carry 7 iron, these will definitely get you there. They just didn’t quite have the “feeling” I was looking for.

The 919 tours are VERY close to making it in my bag. I find the tours extremely forgiving on slight miss hits for the type of iron they are. I will be hitting the tours today along with the Srixon 785s, MP 20s and the Wishon MMC blade my builder made up for me. I’m interested to see how they compare.

Absolutely you can tell the difference in both offset and topline between MB and MMC. I wasn't expecting it to be noticeable, but the minute I picked up the MMC, after hitting the MB, it was very clear. Having said that, there were no performance issues (in fact, I was more left-prone with the MB than MMC) but visually the difference was plain.

Titleist TSR3 08.00 – Ventus Red 065x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – Tour AD DI 075x

Titleist TSR2 18.00 – Tour AD DI 085x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – Tour AD DI 095x

Titleist TSR2 24.00 – Tour AD DI 105x

Titleist T100 6i 7i 8i 9i – Tour X100

Titleist SM09 46 50 54 60 – Tour S400

Titleist Pro V1 56 – White Hot OG5 CS

• 2 weeks later...

Got the MMCs when they first came out, right as it got cold in NYC. Finally got a chance to take them out to the course when I went back home to California for a week. MMC 5-PW with S400 TI, HMB 4 iron with X100. Align grips

MAN are these incredible! Finally broke 80 on this from the back tees on a very solid 7000 yard Johnny Miller course in California, had 78% GIR (with 38 putts ._.). Been trying to do that for like 10 years and only get a few tries every year. So soft, similarly forgiving to the Ping S56. Went with a slightly softer shaft (C-taper X soft stepped, to the S400 TI), to make knockdowns/smooth/3-quarter/chokedown shots easier, and got exactly what I wanted. Distance control was great. Probably more to do with the shaft selection, but ones I wanted low went low, and the ones I wanted high went high. The HMB was great off the tee, could hit it fat and it still went. Also pretty decent from the rough as well.

Really happy with the purchase and don't see these leaving the bag for years. I was debating whether to get the HMB in 5/6, and glad I didn't because I feel like I can find the sweetspot better on the MMC for some reason. It's really good as a utility/driving iron but not sure I'd want a set of HMBs.

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

• 1 month later...

Well I couldn’t take it anymore. Just order a set of MMCs 4-PW. I regret selling my MP 18 MMCs very much so I figured I might as well go with the 20s. I do love my current setup and they are going nowhere. Just couldn’t take it anymore. I will have the ability to make a few different combos anyway. Looking forward to this set!

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

YouTuber Peter Finch now playing the 4-7 irons which surprised me slightly.

I can honestly say they are an unbelievable iron. Really, really pleased with mine and a massive upgrade over my 716 AP2.

I have literally no negative points other than the blades look sexier. I will be in these for the next 10 years I reckon.

• Like 1

I finally moved on from my trusted ping i20s for these. 4 in HMB and 5-PE in MMC with KBS SS straight in. They are certainly a different kind of club. Easier to flight and shape shots with. Feel like a more precision instrument but not giving up too much forgiveness wise. Spin came up (6500 with a 7 iron versus 6000 which is what I was looking for. The feel is (not so shockingly) also noticeably better. Will see how the reduced bounce affects me in the real world.

The 4 iron HMB didn’t actually give me much more ball speed then the MMC but the launch angle went up by almost 2 degrees resulting in more carry and better spacing with the 5. I carry the 5 190+ with carry on the 4 a solid 10+ yards more.

Really looking forward to 2020 with these. Is it spring yet?

Agree with the comments above. Extremely pleased with my MMCs. Been playing them from December and they have proved forgiving, soft, and a pleasure to look down at. Paired with the Modus 120 I have not qualms giving them the highest recommendation. Really enjoy the 5 iron HMB as well. As poster above mentioned - slightly higher launch than the MMC leading to a fraction more distance.

• Like 1

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

Not sure you can definitely say those numbers are off. The difference could easily be the loft/lie machine at Mizuno vs where you got them checked. But all that matters is you are puring them now.

OCMEJS1FUKUK.png

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

I have noticed this as well with the clubs that I've ordered from Atlanta. Haven't been super impressed with the tolerances. Everything on my wedges was off a degree or two on loft, lie, or both.

That being said...my personal LOFT disease (Lack Of eFfing Talent) more than overrides the 1-2 degree tolerance issues, but still, if you order the clubs and wait a while...it kinda sucks that it appears that they aren't check from the production environment before they ship.

(picks up pitchfork) AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE GRIPS BEING WRONG AND NOT INSTALLED LABEL DOWN LIKE I REQUESTED! I need a drink...

• 3 months later...