2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Mizuno MP-20 MMC - July 2019

GolfWRX

> @GMN_02 said:

> I am due for an iron upgrade from my Callaway 2013 X-Forged irons and I think these may just me it. Just beautiful.

2013?? Uh yeah you are MORE than ready!

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

I received mine yesterday and hope to get out this evening and for 27 Thursday. I haven’t had new irons since the 712 AP2s were released.

Titleist TSi2 9 - Ventus Blue 6x
Titleist TSi2 16.5 - Ventus Red 7x

Titleist TSi2 21 - Ventus Red 8x
Titleist T200 / T100 - KBS Tour X

Vokey SM8 Raw 50F, 56D, 60M - s400
SC Newport 2 SS / Pro Platinum Mid-Slant

got fit at club champion, and the recommendation was HMB 3 or 4-6, MMC 7-P, c-taper lite x shaft (also tried apex, apex pro, p790, 785, t100, i forget what else). He actually said if I played more, the t100 might be the recommendation, but since I don't get out enough, a little more forgiveness can't hurt

Anyway, I don't disagree with the HMB/MMC recommendation, but I'm not sure I can get past how thick the HMB looks when I'm standing over it. Is the HMB really more forgiving, or will it just launch higher? I don't need more height, so if the forgiveness is comparable, I think I'd probably prefer HMB 3,4, then MMC 5-P (though part of me wants the blades in 8 or 9-P).

Also, any thoughts on blending the HMB and MMC, but going with the MB lofts of 21,24,27,30,34,38,42,46? I was carrying the 6 iron over 190, so I don't need extra distance of the stronger lofts

> @scb_ said:

> got fit at club champion, and the recommendation was HMB 3 or 4-6, MMC 7-P, c-taper lite x shaft (also tried apex, apex pro, p790, 785, t100, i forget what else). He actually said if I played more, the t100 might be the recommendation, but since I don't get out enough, a little more forgiveness can't hurt

>

> Anyway, I don't disagree with the HMB/MMC recommendation, but I'm not sure I can get past how thick the HMB looks when I'm standing over it. Is the HMB really more forgiving, or will it just launch higher? I don't need more height, so if the forgiveness is comparable, I think I'd probably prefer HMB 3,4, then MMC 5-P (though part of me wants the blades in 8 or 9-P).

>

> Also, any thoughts on blending the HMB and MMC, but going with the MB lofts of 21,24,27,30,34,38,42,46? I was carrying the 6 iron over 190, so I don't need extra distance of the stronger lofts

Can I ask what your handicap is? Interesting that he felt the T100 was a more demanding club.....I guess I could see that though.....the T100 is the "last" of the T line before it goes to CB and blade.... For me, the MCC was markedly better than the T100 despite coming from an 718 AP2.

I have to say I am with you with the HMB. Looks very large to me compared to the MMC. I grew up with pencil thin hand-me-down Spalding blades and I just can't get by the larger top line.... it's not an ego thing; it's an eye thing. The HMBs just looked too big to me.

> @TrueWRX said:

> > @phi482 said:

> > I received mine yesterday and hope to get out this evening and for 27 Thursday. I haven’t had new irons since the 712 AP2s were released.

>

> I have about 5 rounds in with mine. They are awesome.

Hey TrueWRX. Just curious as to how forgiving you are finding these and what your handicap is?

> @GMN_02 said:

> > @TrueWRX said:

> > > @phi482 said:

> > > I received mine yesterday and hope to get out this evening and for 27 Thursday. I haven’t had new irons since the 712 AP2s were released.

> >

> > I have about 5 rounds in with mine. They are awesome.

>

> Hey TrueWRX. Just curious as to how forgiving you are finding these and what your handicap is?

I play between a 3-5. If I hit my driver good I shoot low to mid 70s. If I hit my driver bad its high 70s low 80s

I certainly think the irons are forgiving enough. I always judge irons by distance loss on mishits and dont find it to be that drastic. No issue hitting the 4 iron. I think big beefy irons that are longer may have slightly better distance loss retention but they get too big for me and my accuracy suffers as well as turf interaction. I think these are the perfect blend size/forgiveness/accuracy.

Irons feel and look amazing.

> @TrueWRX said:

> > @GMN_02 said:

> > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > > @phi482 said:

> > > > I received mine yesterday and hope to get out this evening and for 27 Thursday. I haven’t had new irons since the 712 AP2s were released.

> > >

> > > I have about 5 rounds in with mine. They are awesome.

> >

> > Hey TrueWRX. Just curious as to how forgiving you are finding these and what your handicap is?

>

> I play between a 3-5. If I hit my driver good I shoot low to mid 70s. If I hit my driver bad its high 70s low 80s

>

> I certainly think the irons are forgiving enough. I always judge irons by distance loss on mishits and dont find it to be that drastic. No issue hitting the 4 iron. I think big beefy irons that are longer may have slightly better distance loss retention but they get too big for me and my accuracy suffers as well as turf interaction. I think these are the perfect blend size/forgiveness/accuracy.

>

> Irons feel and look amazing.

Thanks for the feedback. I've never hit Mizunos before and I'm looking to upgrade to the MP20 MMC's from my 2013 Callaway x-forged. Just trying to gauge expectations for the first time I go test these.

> @GMN_02 said:

> > @TrueWRX said:

> > > @GMN_02 said:

> > > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > > > @phi482 said:

> > > > > I received mine yesterday and hope to get out this evening and for 27 Thursday. I haven’t had new irons since the 712 AP2s were released.

> > > >

> > > > I have about 5 rounds in with mine. They are awesome.

> > >

> > > Hey TrueWRX. Just curious as to how forgiving you are finding these and what your handicap is?

> >

> > I play between a 3-5. If I hit my driver good I shoot low to mid 70s. If I hit my driver bad its high 70s low 80s

> >

> > I certainly think the irons are forgiving enough. I always judge irons by distance loss on mishits and dont find it to be that drastic. No issue hitting the 4 iron. I think big beefy irons that are longer may have slightly better distance loss retention but they get too big for me and my accuracy suffers as well as turf interaction. I think these are the perfect blend size/forgiveness/accuracy.

> >

> > Irons feel and look amazing.

>

> Thanks for the feedback. I've never hit Mizunos before and I'm looking to upgrade to the MP20 MMC's from my 2013 Callaway x-forged. Just trying to gauge expectations for the first time I go test these.

No lie I actually went from 2013 X Forged to MMCs. Still have the X Forged since they didnt sell on here

> @TrueWRX said:

> > @GMN_02 said:

> > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > > @GMN_02 said:

> > > > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > > > > @phi482 said:

> > > > > > I received mine yesterday and hope to get out this evening and for 27 Thursday. I haven’t had new irons since the 712 AP2s were released.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have about 5 rounds in with mine. They are awesome.

> > > >

> > > > Hey TrueWRX. Just curious as to how forgiving you are finding these and what your handicap is?

> > >

> > > I play between a 3-5. If I hit my driver good I shoot low to mid 70s. If I hit my driver bad its high 70s low 80s

> > >

> > > I certainly think the irons are forgiving enough. I always judge irons by distance loss on mishits and dont find it to be that drastic. No issue hitting the 4 iron. I think big beefy irons that are longer may have slightly better distance loss retention but they get too big for me and my accuracy suffers as well as turf interaction. I think these are the perfect blend size/forgiveness/accuracy.

> > >

> > > Irons feel and look amazing.

> >

> > Thanks for the feedback. I've never hit Mizunos before and I'm looking to upgrade to the MP20 MMC's from my 2013 Callaway x-forged. Just trying to gauge expectations for the first time I go test these.

>

> No lie I actually went from 2013 X Forged to MMCs. Still have the X Forged since they didnt sell on here

No way! How much of an upgrade do the MP20s feel like compared to them?

> @GMN_02 said:

> > @TrueWRX said:

> > > @GMN_02 said:

> > > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > > > @GMN_02 said:

> > > > > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > > > > > @phi482 said:

> > > > > > > I received mine yesterday and hope to get out this evening and for 27 Thursday. I haven’t had new irons since the 712 AP2s were released.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have about 5 rounds in with mine. They are awesome.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hey TrueWRX. Just curious as to how forgiving you are finding these and what your handicap is?

> > > >

> > > > I play between a 3-5. If I hit my driver good I shoot low to mid 70s. If I hit my driver bad its high 70s low 80s

> > > >

> > > > I certainly think the irons are forgiving enough. I always judge irons by distance loss on mishits and dont find it to be that drastic. No issue hitting the 4 iron. I think big beefy irons that are longer may have slightly better distance loss retention but they get too big for me and my accuracy suffers as well as turf interaction. I think these are the perfect blend size/forgiveness/accuracy.

> > > >

> > > > Irons feel and look amazing.

> > >

> > > Thanks for the feedback. I've never hit Mizunos before and I'm looking to upgrade to the MP20 MMC's from my 2013 Callaway x-forged. Just trying to gauge expectations for the first time I go test these.

> >

> > No lie I actually went from 2013 X Forged to MMCs. Still have the X Forged since they didnt sell on here

>

> No way! How much of an upgrade do the MP20s feel like compared to them?

I think both are great irons. I made a shaft change which was my biggest thing. Fresh MP20s look better in the bag tho...

> @TrueWRX said:

> > @GMN_02 said:

> > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > > @GMN_02 said:

> > > > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > > > > @GMN_02 said:

> > > > > > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > > > > > > @phi482 said:

> > > > > > > > I received mine yesterday and hope to get out this evening and for 27 Thursday. I haven’t had new irons since the 712 AP2s were released.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I have about 5 rounds in with mine. They are awesome.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hey TrueWRX. Just curious as to how forgiving you are finding these and what your handicap is?

> > > > >

> > > > > I play between a 3-5. If I hit my driver good I shoot low to mid 70s. If I hit my driver bad its high 70s low 80s

> > > > >

> > > > > I certainly think the irons are forgiving enough. I always judge irons by distance loss on mishits and dont find it to be that drastic. No issue hitting the 4 iron. I think big beefy irons that are longer may have slightly better distance loss retention but they get too big for me and my accuracy suffers as well as turf interaction. I think these are the perfect blend size/forgiveness/accuracy.

> > > > >

> > > > > Irons feel and look amazing.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for the feedback. I've never hit Mizunos before and I'm looking to upgrade to the MP20 MMC's from my 2013 Callaway x-forged. Just trying to gauge expectations for the first time I go test these.

> > >

> > > No lie I actually went from 2013 X Forged to MMCs. Still have the X Forged since they didnt sell on here

> >

> > No way! How much of an upgrade do the MP20s feel like compared to them?

>

> I think both are great irons. I made a shaft change which was my biggest thing. Fresh MP20s look better in the bag tho...

which shaft are you using win the mp20mmc?

> @mjbaker80 said:

> > @scb_ said:

> > got fit at club champion, and the recommendation was HMB 3 or 4-6, MMC 7-P, c-taper lite x shaft (also tried apex, apex pro, p790, 785, t100, i forget what else). He actually said if I played more, the t100 might be the recommendation, but since I don't get out enough, a little more forgiveness can't hurt

> >

> > Anyway, I don't disagree with the HMB/MMC recommendation, but I'm not sure I can get past how thick the HMB looks when I'm standing over it. Is the HMB really more forgiving, or will it just launch higher? I don't need more height, so if the forgiveness is comparable, I think I'd probably prefer HMB 3,4, then MMC 5-P (though part of me wants the blades in 8 or 9-P).

> >

> > Also, any thoughts on blending the HMB and MMC, but going with the MB lofts of 21,24,27,30,34,38,42,46? I was carrying the 6 iron over 190, so I don't need extra distance of the stronger lofts

>

> Can I ask what your handicap is? Interesting that he felt the T100 was a more demanding club.....I guess I could see that though.....the T100 is the "last" of the T line before it goes to CB and blade.... For me, the MCC was markedly better than the T100 despite coming from an 718 AP2.

>

> I have to say I am with you with the HMB. Looks very large to me compared to the MMC. I grew up with pencil thin hand-me-down Spalding blades and I just can't get by the larger top line.... it's not an ego thing; it's an eye thing. The HMBs just looked too big to me.

12. I don’t get out enough.

> @Mattn1106 said:

> > @TrueWRX said:

> > > @GMN_02 said:

> > > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > > > @GMN_02 said:

> > > > > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > > > > > @GMN_02 said:

> > > > > > > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > > > > > > > @phi482 said:

> > > > > > > > > I received mine yesterday and hope to get out this evening and for 27 Thursday. I haven’t had new irons since the 712 AP2s were released.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I have about 5 rounds in with mine. They are awesome.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Hey TrueWRX. Just curious as to how forgiving you are finding these and what your handicap is?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I play between a 3-5. If I hit my driver good I shoot low to mid 70s. If I hit my driver bad its high 70s low 80s

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I certainly think the irons are forgiving enough. I always judge irons by distance loss on mishits and dont find it to be that drastic. No issue hitting the 4 iron. I think big beefy irons that are longer may have slightly better distance loss retention but they get too big for me and my accuracy suffers as well as turf interaction. I think these are the perfect blend size/forgiveness/accuracy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Irons feel and look amazing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for the feedback. I've never hit Mizunos before and I'm looking to upgrade to the MP20 MMC's from my 2013 Callaway x-forged. Just trying to gauge expectations for the first time I go test these.

> > > >

> > > > No lie I actually went from 2013 X Forged to MMCs. Still have the X Forged since they didnt sell on here

> > >

> > > No way! How much of an upgrade do the MP20s feel like compared to them?

> >

> > I think both are great irons. I made a shaft change which was my biggest thing. Fresh MP20s look better in the bag tho...

>

> which shaft are you using win the mp20mmc?

Lz

> @kgeorge78 said:

> FINALLY!!!!!!

>

> nk327za7fpmd.jpeg

> 61khlo8na26r.jpeg

>

>

>

Those look sweet,so jealous... I’m going to have to call Mizuno and get an eta for my clubs. Came after 3.5 weeks with the wrong shafts (found out when I went to order some t20s). Maybe I can guilt them into fast tracking my wedges then, hoping anyways haha

> @therealjonzone said:

>

>

Congrats on the new sticks. Funnily enough your pic made me check the box my 919 Tours came in last year. I asked for them 1/2" over standard and they have always felt slightly off. Sure enough, when I checked today they are standard length! Could be a weekend project coming up. Or I could just buy a brand new set of MMCs and set it right...

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

> @beluga99 said:

> > @therealjonzone said:

> >

> >

>

> Congrats on the new sticks. Funnily enough your pic made me check the box my 919 Tours came in last year. I asked for them 1/2" over standard and they have always felt slightly off. Sure enough, when I checked today they are standard length! Could be a weekend project coming up. Or I could just buy a brand new set of MMCs and set it right...

Definitely new clubs. No question.

> @scb_ said:

> > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > @scb_ said:

> > > got fit at club champion, and the recommendation was HMB 3 or 4-6, MMC 7-P, c-taper lite x shaft (also tried apex, apex pro, p790, 785, t100, i forget what else). He actually said if I played more, the t100 might be the recommendation, but since I don't get out enough, a little more forgiveness can't hurt

> > >

> > > Anyway, I don't disagree with the HMB/MMC recommendation, but I'm not sure I can get past how thick the HMB looks when I'm standing over it. Is the HMB really more forgiving, or will it just launch higher? I don't need more height, so if the forgiveness is comparable, I think I'd probably prefer HMB 3,4, then MMC 5-P (though part of me wants the blades in 8 or 9-P).

> > >

> > > Also, any thoughts on blending the HMB and MMC, but going with the MB lofts of 21,24,27,30,34,38,42,46? I was carrying the 6 iron over 190, so I don't need extra distance of the stronger lofts

> >

> > Can I ask what your handicap is? Interesting that he felt the T100 was a more demanding club.....I guess I could see that though.....the T100 is the "last" of the T line before it goes to CB and blade.... For me, the MCC was markedly better than the T100 despite coming from an 718 AP2.

> >

> > I have to say I am with you with the HMB. Looks very large to me compared to the MMC. I grew up with pencil thin hand-me-down Spalding blades and I just can't get by the larger top line.... it's not an ego thing; it's an eye thing. The HMBs just looked too big to me.

>

>

>

> 12. I don’t get out enough.

T100 I think look great. When I hit them at the shop I had a few that really stung my hands. I think they were high on the face due to a fluffy mat. Made me wonder if the lack of any kind of meat up top on the T100 was the cause. They are very thin on top which looks great for a non-blade/muscleback. Likely just a terrible strike on my part, but I did not like the sensation. The thicker top of the Mizuno's has me a bit more relaxed.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

> @scb_ said:

> ordered :

> 3-4 HMB,

> 5-P MMC

> c taper lite x, d3 swing weight

>

> hope i can hit a 19 degree HMB 3 iron. I had no issues hitting a 21 degree x-forged utility, so hopefully fine

my 3 iron (MP-20 SEL) defaults at 18* but I bent I ordered one degree stronger to 17 degrees to use it from fairway and also from the tee when needed. I suspect there shouldnt be a problem, but yes, this would pretty much be a 2 iron.

> @beluga99 said:

> Looks like Eddie Pepperell using the MMCs at the current Euro event in Portugal.

Was just going to post this! It's been announced on Mizuno Europe's Twitter account as well

Driver - Taylormade SIM 10.5°

3 wood - Titleist 910f 15°

Hybrid- Titleist 910h°

Irons - Mizuno 919 Tour 4 - PW

Wedges - Titleist SM7 51 / 55 / 60 DG

Putter - Yes! Callie

Ball - Titleist Pro v1x