Mizuno MP-20 MMC - July 2019

GolfWRX

> @jetmech879 said:

> > @deep18 said:

> > Is it true they won’t just send the grips in the box if you’re getting anything other than Mizuno logo’d grips?

>

> They will send any grip loose in the box except for golf Pride grips. Strange I know.

>

>

It is strange. But I’m glad I can get one of the Lamkin or Winn options loose so I can flip them.

Called Mizuno again today. Clubs have now been in "parts pool" for 3-4 days. GET OUT OF THE POOL! They said they're starting to ship orders that were placed around 9/11 to 9/12. I had a dream last night I said to heck with it and went to Pro Golf, bought a stock set and worked at changing my swing to fit those specs. Unfortunately I had to pay $1,000 to have the heads put on the shafts. Woke up before finding out whether it was worth it.

Well...sigh...last week Mizuno said my order would ship early this week..spoke to Mizuno today..it may be another 10-14 days for my order of MMC’s and T-20’s that was placed on 9/9. To say I’m disappointed is an understatement. They said they don’t want to promise what they can’t deliver but I’m hoping that they can beat that lede time.

> @Breezy-3- said:

> Well...sigh...last week Mizuno said my order would ship early this week..spoke to Mizuno today..it may be another 10-14 days for my order of MMC’s and T-20’s that was placed on 9/9. To say I’m disappointed is an understatement. They said they don’t want to promise what they can’t deliver but I’m hoping that they can beat that lede time.

That's crazy. I ordered my T20 around the same time as you and just got the shipping email this morning saying it is going to be here tomorrow. I even went with custom stamping and a specified heavier swingweight, so I'm wondering why yours is taking so much longer.

Driver: Epic  Max LS  - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5 - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Ping Blueprints - X100
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: 21' Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: 21' TP5X

>

> That's crazy. I ordered my T20 around the same time as you and just got the shipping email this morning saying it is going to be here tomorrow. I even went with custom stamping and a specified heavier swingweight, so I'm wondering why yours is taking so much longer.

Frustrating for sure, they couldn’t tell me an exact reason for the delay. The rep suggested that my order may have been put in que for production in the wrong place in line. They were super apologetic, and I get that it happens..just bummed.

Ouch I ordered 2 Days before you and mine just shipped today. Hopefully they figure it out > @Breezy-3- said:

>

> >

> > That's crazy. I ordered my T20 around the same time as you and just got the shipping email this morning saying it is going to be here tomorrow. I even went with custom stamping and a specified heavier swingweight, so I'm wondering why yours is taking so much longer.

>

> Frustrating for sure, they couldn’t tell me an exact reason for the delay. The rep suggested that my order may have been put in que for production in the wrong place in line. They were super apologetic, and I get that it happens..just bummed.

> @Breezy-3- said:

> Well...sigh...last week Mizuno said my order would ship early this week..spoke to Mizuno today..it may be another 10-14 days for my order of MMC’s and T-20’s that was placed on 9/9. To say I’m disappointed is an understatement. They said they don’t want to promise what they can’t deliver but I’m hoping that they can beat that lede time.

Did you order through a store or through Mizuno?

> @thigos said:

>

> > @Foreleft said:

> > Wish Mizuno would drop ship to customer v. requiring shipment to DD:

>

> I think DD requires clubs to be shipped to them first in order to sell to us tax free.

I don’t think that’s it, considering Titleist orders come directly from Carlsbad. I’m not sure why, but I ordered a single MP-18 iron from DD in April and received it directly from Mizuno.

> @mjbfyb said:

> > @thigos said:

> >

> > > @Foreleft said:

> > > Wish Mizuno would drop ship to customer v. requiring shipment to DD:

> >

> > I think DD requires clubs to be shipped to them first in order to sell to us tax free.

>

> I don’t think that’s it, considering Titleist orders come directly from Carlsbad. I’m not sure why, but I ordered a single MP-18 iron from DD in April and received it directly from Mizuno.

>

You likely paid tax on the single iron. In order to not pay sales tax, DD must have the order shipped to them, and then they ship them out to the end user. This applies to shipments to all states but Oregon, as that is where DD is located.

Bummer checking back here and it's all order and wait time discussion. To those lucky ones out there, post some pics, write some impressions, make the rest of us jealous!

G430 Max 9* - Hzrdus Blue PVD 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

SM10 - 50, 55, 60

Versa 7

Order delivered this morning. 4-PW in the MMCs. DD overnighted them to me, absolutely great service. I only got to hit the 8,6,4 irons at the range for 30 minutes before the storm of the year began but these irons are absolutely incredible. I’m coming from Srixon Z765s with the same shafts, Modus 120x. Ball flight is higher, sweet spot is larger. Clubs are softer overall. Going to check the specs later today to make sure Mizuno did it correctly but so far, I’m in love.

> @thigos said:

> > @mjbfyb said:

> > > @thigos said:

> > >

> > > > @Foreleft said:

> > > > Wish Mizuno would drop ship to customer v. requiring shipment to DD:

> > >

> > > I think DD requires clubs to be shipped to them first in order to sell to us tax free.

> >

> > I don’t think that’s it, considering Titleist orders come directly from Carlsbad. I’m not sure why, but I ordered a single MP-18 iron from DD in April and received it directly from Mizuno.

> >

>

> You likely paid tax on the single iron. In order to not pay sales tax, DD must have the order shipped to them, and then they ship them out to the end user. This applies to shipments to all states but Oregon, as that is where DD is located.

>

> Bummer checking back here and it's all order and wait time discussion. To those lucky ones out there, post some pics, write some impressions, make the rest of us jealous!

I could be wrong, but California law went into effect this year that requires any retailer shipping to CA that does over a certain amount of transactions (it's a very low number I think) to collect sales tax. Bummer for CA residents. That is why I bought from Carl's when buying new, because they have 4% cash back on ebates which at least negates some of the sales tax they are required to collect from me.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Kudos to Mizuno - just got my MP 20 MB and MMC combo set in and all of the custom lofts and lies were spot on.

> @StillCantPutt said:

> Order delivered this morning. 4-PW in the MMCs. DD overnighted them to me, absolutely great service. I only got to hit the 8,6,4 irons at the range for 30 minutes before the storm of the year began but these irons are absolutely incredible. I’m coming from Srixon Z765s with the same shafts, Modus 120x. Ball flight is higher, sweet spot is larger. Clubs are softer overall. Going to check the specs later today to make sure Mizuno did it correctly but so far, I’m in love.

100% disagree on the entire softer statement.

Hit the Z785 head to head yesterday for an hour and the only difference in feel was the MMC feel better on thin shots, but sweet spots feel identical

> @therealjonzone said:

> > @StillCantPutt said:

> > Order delivered this morning. 4-PW in the MMCs. DD overnighted them to me, absolutely great service. I only got to hit the 8,6,4 irons at the range for 30 minutes before the storm of the year began but these irons are absolutely incredible. I’m coming from Srixon Z765s with the same shafts, Modus 120x. Ball flight is higher, sweet spot is larger. Clubs are softer overall. Going to check the specs later today to make sure Mizuno did it correctly but so far, I’m in love.

>

> 100% disagree on the entire softer statement.

> Hit the Z785 head to head yesterday for an hour and the only difference in feel was the MMC feel better on thin shots, but sweet spots feel identical

Respectfully disagree. But hey, different strokes for different folks. I’ve played the 785s for over 70 rounds and god knows how many range balls and the Mizunos feel might and day different/better. Same lofts, lengths, lies, shafts, grips, SW.

> @StillCantPutt said:

> > @therealjonzone said:

> > > @StillCantPutt said:

> > > Order delivered this morning. 4-PW in the MMCs. DD overnighted them to me, absolutely great service. I only got to hit the 8,6,4 irons at the range for 30 minutes before the storm of the year began but these irons are absolutely incredible. I’m coming from Srixon Z765s with the same shafts, Modus 120x. Ball flight is higher, sweet spot is larger. Clubs are softer overall. Going to check the specs later today to make sure Mizuno did it correctly but so far, I’m in love.

> >

> > 100% disagree on the entire softer statement.

> > Hit the Z785 head to head yesterday for an hour and the only difference in feel was the MMC feel better on thin shots, but sweet spots feel identical

> Respectfully disagree. But hey, different strokes for different folks. I’ve played the 785s for over 70 rounds and god knows how many range balls and the Mizunos feel might and day different/better. Same lofts, lengths, lies, shafts, grips, SW.

>

I agree having played the 785s then the MP18s the MMC feel so much softer all round

Also coming from Srixons and I didn’t think the 785 felt as good as the 745 I had years ago. Will see how these are tomorrow or Sunday been raining and haven’t been able to make it out.

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

After another lengthy range session, I wanted to reinforce how impressive the MMCs are. I only have them in 4-6 irons, but I’ve been blown away by the combination of forgiveness, looks, and, especially, feel. I’ve always played Titleist irons, but the MP 20 line has converted me to Mizuno.

I love the blades and the HMB, but the MMCs, despite being slightly larger than what I’m used to, are in my opinion the most impressive iron in the line. I still can’t believe how forgiving they are given the blade size, and the feel is honestly nearly as good as the MP 20 blade (which I really didn’t expect). Throw in the no-up-charge custom shaft and grip options, and I couldn’t say no.

• Like 1

I had 716 MBs for 2 years or so, and then a beautiful set of refurbished 680s that I love. I had MP 18s, Apex Pros, AP2s, Miura MB001, and 718 cbs (I clearly have a problem) in between. The look of the 716 MBs was my favorite though.

I definitely think you’ll get a bump in forgiveness with the MMCs. They will be a little bigger than your CBS, but it’s not a massive difference. And the feel is, in my opinion, completely different in a great way.

My local fitter got the MP 20 heads a week or so back but my fitting appointment wasn't until yesterday. I went along thinking I'd get 4-6 HMB and 7-PW MB. But the HMBs werent as good in the long irons for me as the MMCs, the real benefit for me was the extra loft in mmc and the tech in the HMB wasn't generating as high a launch. Likely something to do with my launch conditions, - 4/5 attack angle. HMB was just long and flat but the good news story is that the MMCs felt so soft in the long irons. Placed my order right away and was glad I waited to get on a TM before ordering. The numbers of 80+ balls was helpful. Went for Nippon Modus 130X at +0.5' and 2 deg up. Money.

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

> @AgentScarn said:

> Ordered MP20 MMCs 9/18. Called Mizuno and they told me the clubs shipped out today. That was very quicky considering some of the order dates I've seen on here. Maybe some of you other folks will be getting them sooner than expected.

Mine were ordered just a couple days after yours so I hope mine are coming soon