Mizuno MP-20 MMC - July 2019

GolfWRX

> @thewral said:

> Might’ve been asked... but anyone who has hit or played both the MMC and the T100 able to compare feel, turf interaction, trajectory? Suspect MMC would be slightly longer through the set due to loft.

I've hit both but only indoors. Love both options but MMC feel a little softer to me. Numbers wise the MMC spun a little less (300rpm less) but trajectory was the same. Sorry i couldn't add more but that's been my experience so far.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I have hit the T100 and the MMC and decided to go with the MMC. They were significantly softer to me and I liked the look better at address. I think the T100 will be a very successful iron. It's visually very strong. But, the MMC was superior for ME in every regard - spin, launch, dispersion, ball speed, feel and looks. Disclaimer ** I was fitted with the 7 iron. Thus, I can't speak to the look of longer/shorter irons vs the T100.

> @TrueWRX said:

> Still no tracking info. Shocked I ordered them well ahead of launch and dont think I will be getting them on the 20th at this rate

When I ordered mine, I was under the impression that they would ship out on the 20th, not guaranteed delivery. Hopefully somehow we get them before this weekend!

G430 Max 9* - Hzrdus Blue PVD 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

SM10 - 50, 55, 60

Versa 7

> @TrueWRX said:

> Still no tracking info. Shocked I ordered them well ahead of launch and dont think I will be getting them on the 20th at this rate

It’s killing me! I ordered mine directly thru my fitters mizuno rep and was told they would ship around the 9th. I will be pissed if I don’t hear they shipped today. Mizuno had plenty of time to get these rolling out. I called Mizuno yesterday and was told they just started building pre-orders this week. Absolute horse ?

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

> @TrueWRX said:

I was also told Mizuno would have my pre-ordered irons and wedges delivered prior to the 20th launch date. Like you, however, I still haven't received any tracking info, so I doubt that will happen. Sucks

Driver: Epic  Max LS  - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5 - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Ping Blueprints - X100
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: 21' Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: 21' TP5X

Yes I was told shipping on the 9th but there was a production delay and that’s all the rep would or could share. I’m ok with it if it means they got it right rather than rushing it out the door.

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

called mizuno customer service today. not the best, i must say. the guy said they just received my order yesterday. i said i ordered them on the 12th, how is that possible? he then said, oh i guess it means materials were ordered yesterday and they are building today so they should ship out next week and you’ll have it by end of next week. i then asked, it takes them 3 days to build? he had no answer which leads me to believe the customer service reps really have no idea when they will ship.

this was my second time calling them. the last time i called another rep said as long as the order was placed before 9/13, the clubs would arrive on 9/19 or 9/20. but the guy today said i wont get until around 9/27.

i dont know what to believe.

> @jetmech879 said:

> > @TrueWRX said:

> > Still no tracking info. Shocked I ordered them well ahead of launch and dont think I will be getting them on the 20th at this rate

>

> It’s killing me! I ordered mine directly thru my fitters mizuno rep and was told they would ship around the 9th. I will be pissed if I don’t hear they shipped today. Mizuno had plenty of time to get these rolling out. I called Mizuno yesterday and was told they just started building pre-orders this week. Absolute horse ?

>

>

Can I dislike this post?

> @Gmachine said:

> called mizuno customer service today. not the best, i must say. the guy said they just received my order yesterday. i said i ordered them on the 12th, how is that possible? he then said, oh i guess it means materials were ordered yesterday and they are building today so they should ship out next week and you’ll have it by end of next week. i then asked, it takes them 3 days to build? he had no answer which leads me to believe the customer service reps really have no idea when they will ship.

>

> this was my second time calling them. the last time i called another rep said as long as the order was placed before 9/13, the clubs would arrive on 9/19 or 9/20. but the guy today said i wont get until around 9/27.

>

> i dont know what to believe.

I had better results talking with mizuno on Instagram. On 9/5 I asked mizuno website chat if they know when the optimizer app will be updated with MP20 and the new shafts offering. They said the next week. 20 minutes later I asked mizunogolfnorthamerica in Instagram and they said should be updated now. Then I went to apple store and sure enough the update for the app was there. I asked them (Instagram mizuno) earlier this week when orders will be shipped and they said they are working hard to have them to people on launch day 9/20. So, we’ll see. I even saw their story feed last week that they showed pallets of blue boxes ready to be shipped out.

> @SuperBombin said:

> > @Gmachine said:

> > called mizuno customer service today. not the best, i must say. the guy said they just received my order yesterday. i said i ordered them on the 12th, how is that possible? he then said, oh i guess it means materials were ordered yesterday and they are building today so they should ship out next week and you’ll have it by end of next week. i then asked, it takes them 3 days to build? he had no answer which leads me to believe the customer service reps really have no idea when they will ship.

> >

> > this was my second time calling them. the last time i called another rep said as long as the order was placed before 9/13, the clubs would arrive on 9/19 or 9/20. but the guy today said i wont get until around 9/27.

> >

> > i dont know what to believe.

>

> I had better results talking with mizuno on Instagram. On 9/5 I asked mizuno website chat if they know when the optimizer app will be updated with MP20 and the new shafts offering. They said the next week. 20 minutes later I asked mizunogolfnorthamerica in Instagram and they said should be updated now. Then I went to apple store and sure enough the update for the app was there. I asked them (Instagram mizuno) earlier this week when orders will be shipped and they said they are working hard to have them to people on launch day 9/20. So, we’ll see. I even saw their story feed last week that they showed pallets of blue boxes ready to be shipped out.

Must have left my blue box off the pallet...

> @jetmech879 said:

> > @TrueWRX said:

> > Still no tracking info. Shocked I ordered them well ahead of launch and dont think I will be getting them on the 20th at this rate

>

> It’s killing me! I ordered mine directly thru my fitters mizuno rep and was told they would ship around the 9th. I will be pissed if I don’t hear they shipped today. Mizuno had plenty of time to get these rolling out. I called Mizuno yesterday and was told they just started building pre-orders this week. Absolute horse ?

>

>

No offense, but the release date is the 20th. How can you expect to have a custom set before then or even exactly on the 20th. My rep told me I would have them the end of the month and I ordered them at the end of August.

> @budcangolf said:

> > @jetmech879 said:

> > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > Still no tracking info. Shocked I ordered them well ahead of launch and dont think I will be getting them on the 20th at this rate

> >

> > It’s killing me! I ordered mine directly thru my fitters mizuno rep and was told they would ship around the 9th. I will be pissed if I don’t hear they shipped today. Mizuno had plenty of time to get these rolling out. I called Mizuno yesterday and was told they just started building pre-orders this week. Absolute horse ?

> >

> >

>

> No offense, but the release date is the 20th. How can you expect to have a custom set before then or even exactly on the 20th. My rep told me I would have them the end of the month and I ordered them at the end of August.

>

>

its about the customer experience. release date of 9/20 means all stores will have them a few days before and to be put on shelves for people to purchase on 9/20. but with pre-orders, the expectation is that you can pre-order them and be one of the first to get them. the guy said he pre-ordered on 9/9 so the expectation would be that he would get his custom set by or on 9/20. its the same expectation with pre-sales of albums or iphones.. if you order ahead, you’ll get it on the day it launches for the rest of the world.

I suspect you'll hate me...

Fitting: 9/2

Delivery: 9/9

SCNR :smiley:

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 60 6.0

Fairway: Titleist TSi2 15° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Cobra LTDx 19° - KBS PGI 85 S

Irons: MP-20 MMC (4-PW) - KBS Tour S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 (50.08F), SM9 (54.14F, 58.08M) - KBS Tour S (50), TT Dynamic Gold S300 (54, 58)

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Flow Neck - KBS CT Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

> @therealjonzone said:

> > @jetmech879 said:

> > > @TrueWRX said:

> > > Still no tracking info. Shocked I ordered them well ahead of launch and dont think I will be getting them on the 20th at this rate

> >

> > It’s killing me! I ordered mine directly thru my fitters mizuno rep and was told they would ship around the 9th. I will be pissed if I don’t hear they shipped today. Mizuno had plenty of time to get these rolling out. I called Mizuno yesterday and was told they just started building pre-orders this week. Absolute horse ?

> >

> >

> Can I dislike this post?

Yes cause I sure as heck do. I was so darn mad when I was told this. Usually mizuno customer service is top notch. I have a feeling they are getting bombarded with customers calling them asking the same things. I get it but dang it I really wanted them for this weekend ?

> @budcangolf said:

> > @jetmech879 said:

> > > @TrueWRX said:

> >

> >

> >

>

> No offense, but the release date is the 20th. How can you expect to have a custom set before then or even exactly on the 20th. My rep told me I would have them the end of the month and I ordered them at the end of August.

>

>

Just frustrated that my promise from Mizuno was not kept. I pre ordered for a reason, to be one of the first to bag these irons.

> @SecondShot said:

> I suspect you'll hate me...

> Fitting: 9/2

> Delivery: 9/9

> SCNR :smiley:

No hate here, just lots of jealousy! Hahaha! ?

Haha, ordered mine on 9/5, and have been rushing home every day to look for the blue box since I saw people on here reporting that they already got their sets and have been disappointed every day. It helps to see others in the same boat.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

I’m wondering if Mizuno, a pretty conservative company, was caught off guard by the early demand?

Or maybe something like what happened with the G400 LST a year or two ago?

Just playing devil’s advocate here. I’ve had enough high quality experiences with Mizuno to cut them some slack for not delivering my custom irons well before the release date just cuz I put my order in 2 weeks before the embargo date.

It’s not like I had to pay more for the privilege of maybe getting them early. I don’t feel entitled to early delivery for an early order. Because I get a deal at my retailer I’ll probably spend less on my custom set than people buying them off the rack will

pay.

Yeah I wanted them last week but I’ll survive.

I put my order for MP-20 SELs, MB 5-PW on Monday through my club and our Mizuno rep said 2 weeks. I'm not in huge rush, really enjoying my MP-32s at the moment.

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9°(10°) - GD Tour AD UB 5

Taylormade BRNR 11.5°(13°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

Question for all your spec-gurus. I keep hearing that these are "strong" lofted..... Mizuno even said that on their IG handle when someone asked about how they compare to the 919T. My AP2 PW is 46; this PW is 46 and I know Titleist is known for more traditional/weak lofts.

I guess my question is this - are these really that strongly lofted? Or are we talking a degree or so?

So it looks like I might have answered my own question.... boredom is a powerful tool....

Looks like the 9 and PW are weaker and more traditional but the longer irons are 2-3 degrees stronger, typically. I guess I don't hate that.... with a 22 degree 4 iron, it shouldn't complicate things with a 17 degree hybrid or UDI. And, maybe it helps the mind to be able to pull a 5 iron on a 210 par 2 vs a 4 iron.....

> @mjbaker80 said:

> So it looks like I might have answered my own question.... boredom is a powerful tool....

>

> Looks like the 9 and PW are weaker and more traditional but the longer irons are 2-3 degrees stronger, typically. I guess I don't hate that.... with a 22 degree 4 iron, it shouldn't complicate things with a 17 degree hybrid or UDI. And, maybe it helps the mind to be able to pull a 5 iron on a 210 par 2 vs a 4 iron.....

plus, mizuno can bent +/- 2 degrees without much effect on playability per Chris Voshall. Custom order whatever spec you need.

• Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

Vosh basically said they’ve gotta compete in the launch monitor game so there is loft compression in the longer irons as a result. He said the “proper” way to build a set is with 4 degree loft gaps throughout the set.

Good points/intel, fellas. Thank you!

I've been an AP2 guy for the majority of my years. So, I'm used to very weak lofts. I was always fine hitting 7 when others hit 8, etc. I don't have an ego about that stuff. I just made sure to hit it closer.

Ironically, stronger lofts tend to benefit me because I have only about a 2 degree AoA with irons... (working on it....) Thus, stronger lofts flight the ball down a bit for me. For all these reasons, the numbers with these things were insane.

The only final question....maybe you can all help with this, too.... apparently they make their irons 1 degree flat? I have always played standard lie. But, I was SUPER tight with these in terms of dispersion in THEIR standard lie....so, what to do.... leave them "Mizuno standard lie" or go typical OEM lie..... hmmm.....

> @mjbaker80 said:

> Good points/intel, fellas. Thank you!

> I've been an AP2 guy for the majority of my years. So, I'm used to very weak lofts. I was always fine hitting 7 when others hit 8, etc. I don't have an ego about that stuff. I just made sure to hit it closer.

> Ironically, stronger lofts tend to benefit me because I have only about a 2 degree AoA with irons... (working on it....) Thus, stronger lofts flight the ball down a bit for me. For all these reasons, the numbers with these things were insane.

> The only final question....maybe you can all help with this, too.... apparently they make their irons 1 degree flat? I have always played standard lie. But, I was SUPER tight with these in terms of dispersion in THEIR standard lie....so, what to do.... leave them "Mizuno standard lie" or go typical OEM lie..... hmmm.....

Find a store that has their latest shaft optimizer. Make sure it's the one they just updated this year. It will tell you what lie you need. I have always played Mizuno standard lie and had to ask for all other brands to be bent flat (Ping red dot or Black dot fit me as well, depending on what model year as their dot system changed a bit over the last 25 years) and went through the process with the new optimizer and it reccommended .5 degree flat of mizuno standard lie which basically confirmed what took me years to figure out on my own with trial and error.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Well..I just got an update that my set will not ship until mid week next week due to “component back order”. The launch day isn’t here and they already are out of some components. For those keeping score at home, I ordered on 9/9. If you’ve ordered after me, you may be in for a slight delay as well.