Lexi causing trouble

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > @Shades234 said:

> > > I understand Ryan's frustration.

> >

> > I"ll playfully assume she is frustrated that Lexi is a better golfer than her, she finally had the chance to take a stab at her so she did.

>

> So more accomplished people in life get a pass because you assume all criticism is driven by envy.

Haha, as I said "I'll playfully assume". It was a kinda joke. But yes in general more accomplished people in life do get a pass or several passes because of who they are, happens everyday with athletes, musicians, actors, actresses...basically well known people with deep pockets. Is it right? No it's disgusting, but it happens.

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> Haha, as I said "I'll playfully assume". It was a kinda joke. But yes in general more accomplished people in life do get a pass or several passes because of who they are, happens everyday with athletes, musicians, actors, actresses...basically well known people with deep pockets. Is it right? No it's disgusting, but it happens.

Criticism was definitely merited in this instance regardless of anything else.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

Maybe the driver stopped for a beer or pulled over to take a 5 minute nap that turned into 5 beers or a 5 hr nap?

I had no idea how many people have something against Lexi and not sure why. She seems like a young girl trying to find herself in front of thousands of people. She gives off the air that she does care about fans and especially the younger female golfers.

Oh well, still don’t really see why she is taking so much heat and in the Internet/social media outrage days I love it when a story takes twists and turns and it isn’t all the persons fault that everyone gave a hard time to.

> @mallrat said:

> I had no idea how many people have something against Lexi and not sure why.

Small people trying to make themselves feel more important.

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

> @Socrates said:

> > @mallrat said:

> > I had no idea how many people have something against Lexi and not sure why.

>

> Small people trying to make themselves feel more important.

>

I think her game is great and have never had anything for or against her. Not that she or anyone else cares but I lost a bit of respect for her after her Evian post. The course is the course, just go play it and compete like everyone else.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Socrates said:

> > > @mallrat said:

> > > I had no idea how many people have something against Lexi and not sure why.

> >

> > Small people trying to make themselves feel more important.

> >

> I think her game is great and have never had anything for or against her. Not that she or anyone else cares but I lost a bit of respect for her after her Evian post. The course is the course, just go play it and compete like everyone else.

Lexi’s game is average of late yet she gets major exposure. Sure she’s long but she can’t seem to figure out the game around and on the green. Not long ago, she felt attacked when she posted on social media so she swore off social media for a hot minute. She acted like a victim. Then she takes to social media to whine about a golf course that didn’t fit her game. Only to delete the post when the backlash began. The girl seems to be overwhelmed with life’s challenges and is handling it poorly in the public eye. This last ordeal left her looking like an self absorbed over indulged brat.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @Socrates said:

> > > @mallrat said:

> > > I had no idea how many people have something against Lexi and not sure why.

> >

> >

>

> Small people? In other words, everyone who disagrees with you or doesn't see things like you see them?

Don’t you know that if you disagree with someone you’re just a “hater” nowadays.

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @Socrates said:

> > > @mallrat said:

> >

> >

>

> Small people? In other words, everyone who disagrees with you or doesn't see things like you see them?

Yes small people. Sometimes everyone, sometimes not.

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @Socrates said:

> > > @mallrat said:

> >

> >

>

WRX is all about having opinions and discussing them rationally. There are many on here, commenting on this thread, that are just posting to bash Lexi for no other reason, but to bash her. May as well be reading the comments on the Fox website where no rationality exists. People are flawed and make mistakes all the time. Most of us are fortunate enough that every mistake isn't scrutinized in public and subject to ridicule on the internet. Then again, some also want to show/tell us they are better than the rest of us and have never made a mistake or error in judgement.

Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
MCC Align Midsize

Would any pga tour and or other LPGA delay 40 other players and get away with it quietly = Doubtful.

Would they realize they made a mistake, face the consequences (late arrival, possible WD) and delay nobody other than themselves = probable

I simply don’t see many other pros taking this course of action when it only benefits themselves and compromises so many others.

I have zero comment on any past events of hers. But this one is hard to justify. A WD for the reason not to chase her passport would have been very commendable and respected by her fellow pros.

If we missed a practice rd before a major or any prep affected by even our best mates- most of us would be enraged! Keep it real

• Like 1

> @Socrates said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @Socrates said:

> > > > @mallrat said:

> > > > I had no idea how many people have something against Lexi and not sure why.

> > >

> > > Small people trying to make themselves feel more important.

> > >

> >

> > Small people? In other words, everyone who disagrees with you or doesn't see things like you see them?

>

> WRX is all about having opinions and discussing them rationally. There are many on here, commenting on this thread, that are just posting to bash Lexi for no other reason, but to bash her. May as well be reading the comments on the Fox website where no rationality exists.

Fantastic coming from the guy with an avatar of a woman faux felating a trophy. People will make jokes and silly comments about anything under the sun: that is all. No one comes onto this forum (or I would hope not) to make "themselves feel more important", unless that was projection on your part.

The only comment like "on the Fox website where no rationality exists" was your generic bumper sticker-esque platitude.

Eesh, Ignore really needs to be sorted out here :-)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> @Socrates said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @Socrates said:

> > > > @mallrat said:

> > > > I had no idea how many people have something against Lexi and not sure why.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Small people? In other words, everyone who disagrees with you or doesn't see things like you see them?

>

> WRX is all about having opinions and discussing them rationally. There are many on here, commenting on this thread, that are just posting to bash Lexi for no other reason, but to bash her. May as well be reading the comments on the Fox website where no rationality exists. People are flawed and make mistakes all the time. Most of us are fortunate enough that every mistake isn't scrutinized in public and subject to ridicule on the internet. Then again, some also want to show/tell us they are better than the rest of us and have never made a mistake or error in judgement.

And then there are some people who think they are better than people who disagree with them.

> @BearQ said:

> Would any pga tour and or other LPGA delay 40 other players and get away with it quietly = Doubtful.

>

> Would they realize they made a mistake, face the consequences (late arrival, possible WD) and delay nobody other than themselves = probable

>

> I simply don’t see many other pros taking this course of action when it only benefits themselves and compromises so many others.

>

> I have zero comment on any past events of hers. But this one is hard to justify. A WD for the reason not to chase her passport would have been very commendable and respected by her fellow pros.

>

> If we missed a practice rd before a major or any prep affected by even our best mates- most of us would be enraged! Keep it real

More than likely any pro would get media attention for something like this but majority of pga tour pros wouldn’t be in the situation if having their bags transported by someone else along with 39 other pros.

If you think she’s the only one that would be selfish to get their passport to make it to a major and potentially hold up others I got some beach front property in AZ for sale.

As pointed out in an earlier post it was focused on GC that there are some holes in the story about the delay catching the ferry.

> @Bad9 said:

> I expect Lexi will miss the cut.

Well I was wrong on that one. Good for Lexi and good luck on the weekend.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > Would any pga tour and or other LPGA delay 40 other players and get away with it quietly = Doubtful.

> >

> > Would they realize they made a mistake, face the consequences (late arrival, possible WD) and delay nobody other than themselves = probable

> >

> > I simply don’t see many other pros taking this course of action when it only benefits themselves and compromises so many others.

> >

> > I have zero comment on any past events of hers. But this one is hard to justify. A WD for the reason not to chase her passport would have been very commendable and respected by her fellow pros.

> >

> > If we missed a practice rd before a major or any prep affected by even our best mates- most of us would be enraged! Keep it real

>

> More than likely any pro would get media attention for something like this but majority of pga tour pros wouldn’t be in the situation if having their bags transported by someone else along with 39 other pros.

> If you think she’s the only one that would be selfish to get their passport to make it to a major and potentially hold up others I got some beach front property in AZ for sale.

>

> As pointed out in an earlier post it was focused on GC that there are some holes in the story about the delay catching the ferry.

>

>

I think you underestimate how PGA pro's would receive it and the tempers involved. Most wouldn't risk it. Bad look, bad karma, bad everything. I firmly believe MOST not ALL would have taken different actions. I used the words probable and doubtful for that reason.

Im making my points based on her direct story from her caddie posted earlier which is more credible than GC. Your AZ joke was also kind out of left field and irrelevant sarcasm. Thought I made a fair post.

> @BearQ said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @BearQ said:

> > > Would any pga tour and or other LPGA delay 40 other players and get away with it quietly = Doubtful.

> > >

> > > Would they realize they made a mistake, face the consequences (late arrival, possible WD) and delay nobody other than themselves = probable

> > >

> > > I simply don’t see many other pros taking this course of action when it only benefits themselves and compromises so many others.

> > >

> > > I have zero comment on any past events of hers. But this one is hard to justify. A WD for the reason not to chase her passport would have been very commendable and respected by her fellow pros.

> > >

> > > If we missed a practice rd before a major or any prep affected by even our best mates- most of us would be enraged! Keep it real

> >

> > More than likely any pro would get media attention for something like this but majority of pga tour pros wouldn’t be in the situation if having their bags transported by someone else along with 39 other pros.

> > If you think she’s the only one that would be selfish to get their passport to make it to a major and potentially hold up others I got some beach front property in AZ for sale.

> >

> > As pointed out in an earlier post it was focused on GC that there are some holes in the story about the delay catching the ferry.

> >

> >

> I think you underestimate how PGA pro's would receive it and the tempers involved. Most wouldn't risk it. Bad look, bad karma, bad everything. I firmly believe MOST not ALL would have taken different actions. I used the words probable and doubtful for that reason.

>

> Im making my points based on her direct story from her caddie posted earlier which is more credible than GC. Your AZ joke was also kind out of left field and irrelevant sarcasm. Thought I made a fair post.

There may be some pros that wouldn’t risk it but there’s plenty that would be doing everything they could to make sure they get to the event on time.

When money is involved never underestimate what a person will do and how selfish they many act.

> @"North Texas" said:

> And then there are some people who think they are better than people who disagree with them.

I never said I was better than you or anyone. Nor, did I say that I disagreed with anyone's opinion. However, that being said, having an opinion that differs from someone else's, essentially means that they believe they are right and therefore, everyone else is wrong. That is just common sense.

Maybe it would be good if the Ignore feature was reinstated. That way everyone would be happier.

Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
MCC Align Midsize

> @duffer987 said:

> Fantastic coming from the guy with an avatar of a woman faux felating a trophy. People will make jokes and silly comments about anything under the sun: that is all. No one comes onto this forum (or I would hope not) to make "themselves feel more important", unless that was projection on your part.

> The only comment like "on the Fox website where no rationality exists" was your generic bumper sticker-esque platitude.

>

> Eesh, Ignore really needs to be sorted out here :-)

Changed my avatar for you. Like it?

Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
MCC Align Midsize

> @Socrates said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > And then there are some people who think they are better than people who disagree with them.

> I never said I was better than you or anyone. Nor, did I say that I disagreed with anyone's opinion. However, that being said, having an opinion that differs from someone else's, essentially means that they believe they are right and therefore, everyone else is wrong. That is just common sense.

> Maybe it would be good if the Ignore feature was reinstated. That way everyone would be happier.

Never cared for the "ignore" feature. You never know when someone will offer a thought and/or perspective that you haven't thought of before. And, as I like to say, just because you agree with me doesn't mean you are smart and just because you disagree with me doesn't mean you are stupid.

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @BearQ said:

> > > > Would any pga tour and or other LPGA delay 40 other players and get away with it quietly = Doubtful.

> > > >

> > > > Would they realize they made a mistake, face the consequences (late arrival, possible WD) and delay nobody other than themselves = probable

> > > >

> > > > I simply don’t see many other pros taking this course of action when it only benefits themselves and compromises so many others.

> > > >

> > > > I have zero comment on any past events of hers. But this one is hard to justify. A WD for the reason not to chase her passport would have been very commendable and respected by her fellow pros.

> > > >

> > > > If we missed a practice rd before a major or any prep affected by even our best mates- most of us would be enraged! Keep it real

> > >

> > > More than likely any pro would get media attention for something like this but majority of pga tour pros wouldn’t be in the situation if having their bags transported by someone else along with 39 other pros.

> > > If you think she’s the only one that would be selfish to get their passport to make it to a major and potentially hold up others I got some beach front property in AZ for sale.

> > >

> > > As pointed out in an earlier post it was focused on GC that there are some holes in the story about the delay catching the ferry.

> > >

> > >

> > I think you underestimate how PGA pro's would receive it and the tempers involved. Most wouldn't risk it. Bad look, bad karma, bad everything. I firmly believe MOST not ALL would have taken different actions. I used the words probable and doubtful for that reason.

> >

> > Im making my points based on her direct story from her caddie posted earlier which is more credible than GC. Your AZ joke was also kind out of left field and irrelevant sarcasm. Thought I made a fair post.

>

> When money is involved never underestimate what a person will do and how selfish they many act.

This is exactly what Lexi did. It's just hilarious when fan goggles blind peoples' assessment of what happened.

> @Socrates said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @Socrates said:

> > > > @mallrat said:

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> WRX is all about having opinions and discussing them rationally. There are many on here, commenting on this thread, that are just posting to bash Lexi for no other reason, but to bash her. May as well be reading the comments on the Fox website where no rationality exists. People are flawed and make mistakes all the time. Most of us are fortunate enough that every mistake isn't scrutinized in public and subject to ridicule on the internet. Then again, some also want to show/tell us they are better than the rest of us and have never made a mistake or error in judgement.

But you like to tell other people they are small. Must make you feel big. You've even called out other's moral compass in another post. Seems like you are everything that your criticize.

> @noodle3872 said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > > @Socrates said:

> > > > @mallrat said:

> > >

> > >

> > I think her game is great and have never had anything for or against her. Not that she or anyone else cares but I lost a bit of respect for her after her Evian post. The course is the course, just go play it and compete like everyone else.

>

> Lexi’s game is average of late yet she gets major exposure. Sure she’s long but she can’t seem to figure out the game around and on the green.

What does it take for a player to be above average in your opinion? These finishes look pretty above average to me.

[https://lpga.com/players/lexi-thompson/98184/results](https://www.lpga.com/players/lexi-thompson/98184/results "https://lpga.com/players/lexi-thompson/98184/results")

5TH in the Race for the CME Globe so far

3rd for Player of the Year so far

T6 in top 10's (only 2 from the lead)

4th in Official Money so far

1st in Solheim Cup Points

3rd in the world Rolex ranking

Must be nice to play average golf and sit in these positions.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Socrates said:

> > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > @Socrates said:

> > > > > @mallrat said:

> > > > > I had no idea how many people have something against Lexi and not sure why.

> > > >

> > > > Small people trying to make themselves feel more important.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Small people? In other words, everyone who disagrees with you or doesn't see things like you see them?

> >

> > WRX is all about having opinions and discussing them rationally. There are many on here, commenting on this thread, that are just posting to bash Lexi for no other reason, but to bash her. May as well be reading the comments on the Fox website where no rationality exists. People are flawed and make mistakes all the time. Most of us are fortunate enough that every mistake isn't scrutinized in public and subject to ridicule on the internet. Then again, some also want to show/tell us they are better than the rest of us and have never made a mistake or error in judgement.

> But you like to tell other people they are small. Must make you feel big. You've even called out other's moral compass in another post. Seems like you are everything that your criticize.

Lexi made a simple mistake. She tried to get her passport back. She couldn't have foreseen that the guy would get stuck in traffic or miss the ferry. And yet people want to crucify her like it was deliberate and she is now the lowest form of life.

As for the guy with the Ping driver, I view it as no different than walking into a store with a sales receipt and picking the item off the shelf and then going to customer service to refund the item. It was dishonest from the get go. Many saw it the same way as I did. You may not have. That's fine.

None the less, I will endeavor to be nicer in the future.

Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
MCC Align Midsize

> @Socrates said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > > @Socrates said:

> > > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > > @Socrates said:

> > > > > > @mallrat said:

> > > > > > I had no idea how many people have something against Lexi and not sure why.

> > > > >

> > > > > Small people trying to make themselves feel more important.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Small people? In other words, everyone who disagrees with you or doesn't see things like you see them?

> > >

> > > WRX is all about having opinions and discussing them rationally. There are many on here, commenting on this thread, that are just posting to bash Lexi for no other reason, but to bash her. May as well be reading the comments on the Fox website where no rationality exists. People are flawed and make mistakes all the time. Most of us are fortunate enough that every mistake isn't scrutinized in public and subject to ridicule on the internet. Then again, some also want to show/tell us they are better than the rest of us and have never made a mistake or error in judgement.

> > But you like to tell other people they are small. Must make you feel big. You've even called out other's moral compass in another post. Seems like you are everything that your criticize.

>

> Lexi made a simple mistake. She tried to get her passport back. She couldn't have foreseen that the guy would get stuck in traffic or miss the ferry. And yet people want to crucify her like it was deliberate and she is now the lowest form of life.

>

> As for the guy with the Ping driver, I view it as no different than walking into a store with a sales receipt and picking the item off the shelf and then going to customer service to refund the item. It was dishonest from the get go. Many saw it the same way as I did. You may not have. That's fine.

>

> None the less, I will endeavor to be nicer in the future.

I don't always agree with you but certainly do on both of these. Lexi tried to get her passport back. Simple as that. She had no way of knowing at the time, and neither did the driver, that that would ultimately delay delivery of the other players clubs for so long.

The guy with the Ping driver tried to scam the system. To purchase, at a very low cost, another players broken older driver with the hope that a manufacturer would be kind and replace it with a new driver was despicable.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @Shilgy said:

> > @Socrates said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > @Socrates said:

> > > > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > > > @Socrates said:

> > > > > > > @mallrat said:

> > > > > > > I had no idea how many people have something against Lexi and not sure why.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Small people trying to make themselves feel more important.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Small people? In other words, everyone who disagrees with you or doesn't see things like you see them?

> > > >

> > > > WRX is all about having opinions and discussing them rationally. There are many on here, commenting on this thread, that are just posting to bash Lexi for no other reason, but to bash her. May as well be reading the comments on the Fox website where no rationality exists. People are flawed and make mistakes all the time. Most of us are fortunate enough that every mistake isn't scrutinized in public and subject to ridicule on the internet. Then again, some also want to show/tell us they are better than the rest of us and have never made a mistake or error in judgement.

> > > But you like to tell other people they are small. Must make you feel big. You've even called out other's moral compass in another post. Seems like you are everything that your criticize.

> >

> > Lexi made a simple mistake. She tried to get her passport back. She couldn't have foreseen that the guy would get stuck in traffic or miss the ferry. And yet people want to crucify her like it was deliberate and she is now the lowest form of life.

> >

> > As for the guy with the Ping driver, I view it as no different than walking into a store with a sales receipt and picking the item off the shelf and then going to customer service to refund the item. It was dishonest from the get go. Many saw it the same way as I did. You may not have. That's fine.

> >

> > None the less, I will endeavor to be nicer in the future.

>

> I don't always agree with you but certainly do on both of these. Lexi tried to get her passport back. Simple as that. She had no way of knowing at the time, and neither did the driver, that that would ultimately delay delivery of the other players clubs for so long.

> The guy with the Ping driver tried to scam the system. To purchase, at a very low cost, another players broken older driver with the hope that a manufacturer would be kind and replace it with a new driver was despicable.

I often agree with you but certainly don't on one of these. Lexi's actions caused the delay. I will concede that it may not have been knowable to predict the full extent of the delay. But the driver shouldn't have stopped (or have been asked to stop) for more than 10 minutes (which wasn't possible given they needed to unpack the bags). Simple solution: Overnight the passport to Lexi Monday from Woburn. She's there late Tues or early Wed. Yeah, she's late BUT ITS BECAUSE SHE LOST TRACK OF HER OWN PASSPORT.

If you believe intent is all that matters, I hope you are never facing a manslaughter charge (actually, I hope you are never facing one regardless). BTW, Lexi has also apologised. Why would she apologise if nothing was her fault?

I'd also agree on the guy with the Ping driver. I was only highlighting the name calling ("we shall not call other people names unless we truly think they are an idiot.").