2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

NFL Pick 3 Weekly Contest 20019-20

touch

Maybe give away the store ( trade Miller) like Mack with the Raiders for some offensive star, then get a real offensive coordinator? Or at least a replacement for Sleepy eyed Joe. Take Cam Newton for Miller .

?

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Congrats doctoro on the Nats winning the series. I know you are a born and raised O's fan, but your National League team is the Nats. Your Caps got you the Cup two seasons ago. Now the Nats bring the title to the D.C. area.

Image result for washington nationals

Hooray and who needs that headache that is the Washington Redskins!

Wow - KC with their run D favored over Cook surrounded by the rest of the Vikings?

Vikings +2

> @touch said:

> WEEK 9 Lines for Picks

>

>

> Thursday Night

>

> San Fran -9 1/2 at Arizona 43

>

>

> Sunday

>

>

> Houston -2 at Jacksonville 47

>

> Washington at Buffalo -10 36 1/2

>

> Tennessee at Carolina -3 1/2 41

>

> Chicago at Philadelphia -5 43 1/2

>

> Minnesota at Kansas City -2 1/2 48

>

> NY Jets -5 1/2 at Miami 41

>

> Indy -1 at Pittsburgh 43 1/2

>

> Detroit at Oakland -2 51

>

> Tampa at Seattle -6 1/2 52

>

> Cleveland -2 1/2 at Denver 40

>

> Green Bay -3 at LA Chargers 46 1/2

>

> New England - 3 1/2 at Baltimore 44 1/2

>

>

>

> Monday Night

>

> Dallas -7 at MY Giants 48

>

>

>

>

>

>

Cleveland -2.5

NE / Baltimore Over

GB -3

• Like 1

1-2 on my picks Thursday Nights. I hope I don't jinx the rest of you picking the 49rs.

My God they roasted the Panthers who had the number 3 defense in the NFC I think. A 51 burger on their a** es ! It was clear weather. It's always clear in Phoenix. I know I lived three years in Scottsdale.

Great golf in that PING / ASU town of Phoenix. Oh yeah got a little sidetracked there.

I'll take San Fran -9 1/2 tonight as my first pick.

Image result for san francisco cheerleaders

I'd lasso up that 49r cowgirl ^ out on the open range any afternoon.

Then share with her a nice bottle of

Image result for perrier jouet pink champagne

under a shade tree. cough cough damn Triscuits

:p

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and text

and another guy

Image may contain: 2 people, sunglasses

• Like 1

rats 1-3 now on Thursday Night games. That does it. It's Sunday only games for me from now on.

Well 0-1 to start this week. All because of an 88yd. TD. pass with under 6 minutes to go. I love College football games.

• Like 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

They have just announced today that Haskins will be making his first start this Sunday for the Redskins. The Picks for Buffalo should be strong around these parts.

My 2 remaining picks

Indy -1

Steelers have a quite limited passing attack and are 28th in the league in that category. Steelers RB is banged up. Colts defense has it fairly easy in this one.

Easiest Pick of the Week? Right here for ya fellas.

Cleveland -2 1/2

The Browns win in a rout.

Bronco's O line is horrible. The Broncos left tackle is probably the weakest in the league. The Broncos are starting a new QB as the Old Blue Hen is out for the year with an injury.

Chubb has a big day and that takes pressure off of Baker.

Browns by 21 points.

> @NCLancer said:

> Week 9 Picks: Dog Day Afternoon

>

> Minn +2 1/2

> Tenn +3 1/2

> Denv +2 1/2

Huge game for the Vikes. You know I hope Mr. Cousins continues his strong showing.

It helps any NFL QB a great deal when you have an all pro RB, a money beast TE, and a very solid receiving corp like #8 has. LOL Go Captain Kirk!

I almost selected that pick.

Now I made the Cleveland Browns my "easiest win on the board" this Sunday. Yup I elaborated why in my picks post above.

Maybe you and I should wager "one win" from our season's record on that game alone? !

May the dogs be a barking away for you with your picks..................But maybe it will be the DAWG's fan base from the Cleveburgh, on the Erie Lake, that will be getting the ink that dog day afternoon!

> @touch said:

> > @NCLancer said:

> > Week 9 Picks: Dog Day Afternoon

> >

> > Minn +2 1/2

> > Tenn +3 1/2

> > Denv +2 1/2

>

> Huge game for the Vikes. You know I hope Mr. Cousins continues his strong showing.

> It helps any NFL QB a great deal when you have an all pro RB, a money beast TE, and a very solid receiving corp like #8 has. LOL Go Captain Kirk!

> I almost selected that pick.

>

> Now I made the Cleveland Browns my "easiest win on the board" this Sunday. Yup I elaborated why in my picks post above.

> Maybe you and I should wager "one win" from our season's record on that game alone? !

>

> May the dogs be a barking away for you with your picks..................But maybe it will be the DAWG's fan base from the Cleveburgh, on the Erie Lake, that will be getting the ink that dog day afternoon!

>

>

Denver has meaner-looking helmets. (Not a good enough reason for a side bet I guess...)

• Like 1

Now that is funny NCLancer. Indeed sassier helmets in Colorado.

> @touch said:

> WEEK 9 Lines for Picks

>

>

> Thursday Night

>

> San Fran -9 1/2 at Arizona 43

>

>

> Sunday

>

>

> Houston -2 at Jacksonville 47

>

> Washington at Buffalo -10 36 1/2

>

> Tennessee at Carolina -3 1/2 41

>

> Chicago at Philadelphia -5 43 1/2

>

> Minnesota at Kansas City -2 1/2 48

>

> NY Jets -5 1/2 at Miami 41

>

> Indy -1 at Pittsburgh 43 1/2

>

> Detroit at Oakland -2 51

>

> Tampa at Seattle -6 1/2 52

>

> Cleveland -2 1/2 at Denver 40

>

> Green Bay -3 at LA Chargers 46 1/2

>

> New England - 3 1/2 at Baltimore 44 1/2

>

>

>

> Monday Night

>

> Dallas -7 at MY Giants 48

>

>

>

>

>

>

Feeling it happen, Natitude is everywhere around here. This used to be a football town and in some ways, it still can be after Dan Snyder sells the team or passes away from the futility of the brain. This is not happening anytime soon. Thus no one gives two shits about the Redskins anymore. People that follow football around these parts are from other areas of the country and sport other team's colors. Gone are the Riggo jerseys, Darrell Green, Art Monk, and Sean Taylor. These days you see Ovechkin and Nats jerseys. But that's the way it should be. People say DC is not a big sports town. Not true. I say look at the parade the Nats had today and tell me it's not a sports town? People are just fed up with being taken to the cleaners every time they go see an inferior product on the field. Plain and simple.

No one sings at Redskins games. Baby sharks are everywhere at Nats games. Tom Brady said he thought they were playing in Foxboro when the Patriots played in Largo Md. The Redskins went from being a storied winning franchise in the '80s and early '90s under Jack Kent Cooke to a laughing stock under Dan Snyder. Yes, the owner who brought shame to FedEx Field. Who brings out more visiting fans than the home team fans. He will not fire the most toxic GM in the NFL. Dysfunctional is an understatement for this poorly run franchise. I do not know who is hated more in this town, the guy in the White House or the guy in Ashburn Va? My guess is since there are some that actually love the guy in the White House, would be the guy in Ashburn who never tweets or speaks in public. Remember even the most popular Presidents in this city were never loved as much as the Joe Gibbs era Redskins, and it was not even close! That is what Mr Snyder inherited and thats what he has managed to piss away through just stupid mismanagement and poor decisions. So even as a heartbroken Orioles fan, I raise my mug of coffee and toast the Nats on their awe inspiring playoff run from being left for dead in the early part of the season, and like the 83 World Series champion Orioles, I say it was a nice throwback watching them give Bryce the Hair Harper the boot, and coming together as a real solid team, to win the most improbable World Series in recent history! Nats Magic feel it Happen! "Ooops" that was an Orioles jingle but you get my drift...

Okay on to my picks

Lets see, last week I actually made 7 picks by mistake but its here nor there.

Okay this week has the feeling of the schedule makers played Yahtzee with all the teams being put into a big dice shaker and thrown onto a board of Yahtzee....Jets at Miami....Detroit at Oakland, little straight! Green Bay at Chargers Big Straight! Minnesota at Kansas City Full House Houston at Jacksonville I will say Yahtzee Upset Alert! Tennessee at Carolina 3 of a kind not a game I want to watch. Redskins at Buffalo I will use my 2 ones kill me now.

1. Give Me the Under Tennessee at Carolina 41 I see this game as a 13 -12 snoozefest

2. Give Me the Over Jets at Miami 41 lines bet up to 42.5, but the LeVeon Bell dump offs might turn into some nice runs. I see Miami with Fitzmagic good for at least 17 Jets hang high 20's - low 30's

I love the Steelers to upset Indy but their running back situation is troubling. Pittsburghs defense is primed to make a run. They stop Marlon Mack and force Brissett to make plays without Hylton watch out for the rookie he's good!

Not enough! Pittsburgh gets a much needed road win with or without Samuels. However sticking to my theme I will take the under in this game. Under 43.5

3. Its the tale of the Two Aarons if you play fantasy football you know what I am talking about. Two of the hottest guys in their respective positions. Rodgers and Jones. Both will feast today! Chargers are good for some Rivers and Hunter Henry love! Melvin Gordon is a very good running back by the way. Give Me the Over in this sunny locale. Over 46.5

4. The trendy pick would be to take the over in Tampa and Seattle. I think the under hits Give me the Under 52 The line was 53.5 so I still think the under can be had. Josh Gordon is a decoy to open up some more running lanes for Seattle. As great as Wilson is, the Seahawks want to be a run first team. Under 52

5. I hate the Denver Broncos I am dying to bet on the Browns, I loathe John Elway. Typical jock who thinks to highly of himself, Bryce Harper is his bastard child LoL,does he ever thank Tyrell Davis for those Super Bowl rings? He thinks he is the QB whisperer great evaluator of talent...Not! Okay I am done venting give me the over 40 :smiley:

Did 5 picks today to get back on par.

There it is! My all totals week 9 picks Yahtzee!

• Like 1

> @Petethreeput said:

> > @"knock it close" said:

> > > @doctoro said:

> > > > @Petethreeput said:

> > > > Thats 100% a hockey attitude. The mid-Atlantic states aren't renowned for their hockey. NJ especially, which is where he grew up. I am glad to see him finally come out of his sleep walking and tell it like it is. The Broncos suck out loud, and what's the difference between losing whether it is by one point or a touchdown. It still goes down as an L. Why wouldn't you try to get the first down to run down the clock and win the game? Atta boy Joe, showing his junk for the world to see. Truly, a Fighting Blue Hen.

> > >

> > > John Elway might have been a legendary Bronco Qb, but he is a lousy GM. That team, like my Redskins of Pre Dan Snyder, was in the top echelon of football franchises back before he took over.

> > > Not sure about Flacco, but anything he might say about the Broncos is probably true. A losing culture and a waste of a great defense at one time.

> >

> > Lets not compare three bad seasons to whatever the heck you guys have been doing in DC for the past two decades, y'all have won 10 games twice, Denver has won >10 games 4 times since Elway took over in 2011.

>

> In fairness, Elway is a swing for the fences guy, or at least he seems that way to me. Sort of reminds me of the later Steinbrenner years in NY. He would chase aging stars, and when they performed he was a hero and when they were just the aging part, he wasn't. When he signed Manning and he proved to be smart enough to overcome the arm issues he was a hero. When he drafted Paxton, Osweiler, and the other guy who didn't pan out he went back to the well for Flacco. And all he got was the aging with Sleepy Eye Joe.

>

> If I had to compare the Skins to anyone, it would be outside football and compare the Snyder led Skins to the Nutting led PGH Pirates. Yep, its that bad.

Its all good I just never liked the guy. Yes the Redskins are much worse off as a franchise than the Broncos are now. I just love to vent on Elway. He thinks to highly of himself but thats okay some people like that. Jon Lynch is also a confident guy but I see much better things for the Niners than I do the Broncos, Elway gets a pass on futility because he is their golden boy which never would have won anything if it was not because of Tyrell Davis and that Broncos defense.

Higherground 15-8-1

Jerebear 15-9

Qqq 15-9

adam 13-11

touch 13-11

Pete3 12-11-1

Chuntsman 12-12

doctoro 12-7

NCLancer 11-12-1

knockit 11-13

After a quick scan of the picks from the early games, many of us are doing poorly. whoops

But the my Buffalo wager cashed with the bookie, so I have that going for me as I precede to go 0-3 this week. 0-2 so far, UGH

My slide down to basement is underway. Prior to my 0-2 ( so far) picks this week I had a solid 3 weeks in a row at 1-2. Well I was the basement dweller in last year's contest for a good while.

I bet my initials that I scratched on the wall are still there.

Hope you all are digging my statistician ability round here.

Maybe a quart of I.C. Light and some pretzels could be left at the top of the stairs for the ole commish.

Image result for dirty basements

> @doctoro said:

> Oops I just realized I made 6 picks. Was trying to hard. LoL.

I did look back and caught it. So it's six selections this week for doctoro

> @Petethreeput said:

> 2-1 this week for ole P3P.

>

> 14-12-1

One step closer to ......."the deluxe apartment in the sky high"

C'mon dang it Cleveland. I get 4 FG's in the first half. That isn't going to cut it in this contest. My Pick of the Week looks terribly weak at this point. Now where did I put that jar of English mustard. I need it for the gigantic sized portion I could be consuming after the Denver game.

Image result for eating crow

Image result for colman mustard

> @jerebear21 said:

> indy

> carolina

> buffalo

2-1; thank you indy's special team for keeping me from going perfect. Vinateri should finally call it a day.

• Like 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Yeah what he said. ^ I too had the Colts...ugh 0-3 for me as my Pick special the Browns were in it, but it was way short of the 20+ point blow out I predicted. I should stay with keeping stats and not blow off the touch yapper.

Cue " Chris Farley and his exclamations of Yapper!"

Well maybe if I didn't chirp so much about the game we would have never experienced one of the great posts on this thread all season according to me.

Yup NCLancer saying the Broncos meaner helmets still did not warrant a side bet with me in the Browns/Broncos contest.

Clever/ smart guy that NCLancer. I damn tried to hand you a win sir. LOL great post though

Me with...........

" the Browns Lock Blow Out win of the week !" I said by 20+ points . Baker and his boys NEVER lead in the game.

You guys with.............

Desi Arnaz No GIF by CBS All Access