2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2020 ZOZO Championship

tiderider

27 holes tomorrow. And only 9 holes monday?

• Like 1

Hey chopper, what are you hitting there?
Callaway Rouge Sub Zero 9°
TM SLDR S 17° 4-wood
Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21° driving iron

Dynacraft (?) 24° 4-iron
Titleist AP2 710 5-pw
Wilson FG Tour PMP 52, 56, 60­°
Rife 460 Tour Blade

After how long does being "out of form" turn into "a bad golfer"?

Shoulda just taken the red paint and marked a hazard around the puddle on 10. Woulda made it very interesting seeing as there'd be no fairway... but its a 340 yard hole. Give them preferred lies in the rough there and they should all be having wedges of some kind. Better than a 140 yard par 4 in any case.

> @"Frasier Crane" said:

> > @aenemated said:

> > Tiger's just looked super comfortable and chill this whole round despite struggling with some pulls for a bit there. Short game's been super solid.

> >

> > Also been really weird to watch a birdie putt roll in and then ... silence.

>

> Agreed!!! eerie round today.... also totally agree, somehow pulled out a fantastic round without the great ball-striking the whole round.

Somehow? He had maybe three bad drives and hit almost every green in regulation. A little farther from the hole vs. the day before but he played great.

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @"Frasier Crane" said:

> > > @aenemated said:

> > > Tiger's just looked super comfortable and chill this whole round despite struggling with some pulls for a bit there. Short game's been super solid.

> > >

> > > Also been really weird to watch a birdie putt roll in and then ... silence.

> >

> > Agreed!!! eerie round today.... also totally agree, somehow pulled out a fantastic round without the great ball-striking the whole round.

>

> Somehow? He had maybe three bad drives and hit almost every green in regulation. A little farther from the hole vs. the day before but he played great.

12 out of 18 GIR is "almost every green"? I watched the whole round, his momentum came to a screeching halt on the front 9 when he missed a gimme par putt. Didn't get it going again until hole 7. So, agree to disagree.

> @Naptime said:

> Great to watch TW play well. Would not have sat by the TV til 3:30 AM to watch the rest of the field.

I actually stayed up as well. Good thing it was a Friday night.

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9°(10°) - GD Tour AD UB 5

Taylormade BRNR 11.5°(13°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

> @"Frasier Crane" said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @"Frasier Crane" said:

> > > > @aenemated said:

> > > > Tiger's just looked super comfortable and chill this whole round despite struggling with some pulls for a bit there. Short game's been super solid.

> > > >

> > > > Also been really weird to watch a birdie putt roll in and then ... silence.

> > >

> > > Agreed!!! eerie round today.... also totally agree, somehow pulled out a fantastic round without the great ball-striking the whole round.

> >

> > Somehow? He had maybe three bad drives and hit almost every green in regulation. A little farther from the hole vs. the day before but he played great.

>

> 12 out of 18 GIR is "almost every green"? I watched the whole round, his momentum came to a screeching halt on the front 9 when he missed a gimme par putt. Didn't get it going again until hole 7. So, agree to disagree.

7 out of 9 on the back, and one of the approaches was just a foot or two off the green. LOL, momentum "screeching halt" after one putt on the second hole? Come on. Tiger nuts think if he isn't getting a birdie on every hole he's having a bad day. He found more fairways, putted well, misses didn't hurt him, fewer bogeys than the first day - GREAT SECOND ROUND. Fairways, greens and good looks = great ball striking.

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @Hackattack1 said:

> > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > TW back to back 64’s. I think he wants to be a playing captain in the Presidents cup...

> >

> > TIGER GOAT!

>

> I don't think a President's Cup win will count in his still trailing major count, lol. He's just a LAMB - Lagging A few Majors Behind!

I want him to beat Sneads record even though in my opinion he has already done that. That will make him the greatest from my perspective!!!

Sam's win record is a bit shady compared to today's official PGA Tour events. This is probably the best article on the subject if anyone needed a refresher. The author gives him credit for 74 wins and that's including a tie with 3 others which I personally wouldn't include. That said he also had a bunch of other pro wins mostly in West Virginia and a few in Canada and Central-South America.

https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-actually-ahead-sam-snead-pga-tour-wins

I think Tiger is the GOAT already, but to each his own.

We always talk about Snead's team events and forget about the rest of the players. Ben Hogan won 8 team events all with 16 or fewer teams and Jack and Arnie won 2 Team championships (with an unknown field size) together which count towards their victory totals.

• Like 1

The ZOZO Championship updated

T Woods 6/5

G Woodland 7/2

H Matsuyama 11/2

X Schauffele 20/1

K Bradley 20/1

C Conners 20/1

D Berger 25/1

R McIlroy 40/1

C Morikawa 40/1

M Wolff 40/1

S Im 50/1

B Horschel 60/1

C Howell III 80/1

D Lee 80/1

J Niemann 80/1

Hopefully Hideki pulls "rodin" out of himself next 2 rounds.

> @Golfnutgalen said:

> Sam's win record is a bit shady compared to today's official PGA Tour events. This is probably the best article on the subject if anyone needed a refresher. The author gives him credit for 74 wins and that's including a tie with 3 others which I personally wouldn't include. That said he also had a bunch of other pro wins mostly in West Virginia and a few in Canada and Central-South America.

> https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-actually-ahead-sam-snead-pga-tour-wins

>

> I think Tiger is the GOAT already, but to each his own.

>

> We always talk about Snead's team events and forget about the rest of the players. Ben Hogan won 8 team events all with 16 or fewer teams and Jack and Arnie won 2 Team championships (with an unknown field size) together which count towards their victory totals.

Great post man!

> @Golfnutgalen said:

> Sam's win record is a bit shady compared to today's official PGA Tour events. This is probably the best article on the subject if anyone needed a refresher. The author gives him credit for 74 wins and that's including a tie with 3 others which I personally wouldn't include. That said he also had a bunch of other pro wins mostly in West Virginia and a few in Canada and Central-South America.

> https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-actually-ahead-sam-snead-pga-tour-wins

>

>

> We always talk about Snead's team events and forget about the rest of the players. Ben Hogan won 8 team events all with 16 or fewer teams and Jack and Arnie won 2 Team championships (with an unknown field size) together which count towards their victory totals.

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @Golfnutgalen said:

> > Sam's win record is a bit shady compared to today's official PGA Tour events. This is probably the best article on the subject if anyone needed a refresher. The author gives him credit for 74 wins and that's including a tie with 3 others which I personally wouldn't include. That said he also had a bunch of other pro wins mostly in West Virginia and a few in Canada and Central-South America.

> > https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-actually-ahead-sam-snead-pga-tour-wins

> >

> > I think Tiger is the GOAT already, but to each his own.

> >

> > We always talk about Snead's team events and forget about the rest of the players. Ben Hogan won 8 team events all with 16 or fewer teams and Jack and Arnie won 2 Team championships (with an unknown field size) together which count towards their victory totals.

>

> Great post man!

Thanks! Still 74 wins is insane! Only Nicklaus and Palmer are all that close with Hogan losing out if we exclude team victories. The only ones I'm uncomfortable with removing are Nicklaus and Palmer's because I can't find the field size info. Arnie is underrated nowadays in my opinion.

1. Tiger Woods 81 wins 14 majors

2. Sam Snead 74 wins 7 majors (down from 82)

3. Jack Nicklaus 71 wins 18 majors (down from 73)

4. Arnold Palmer 60 wins 7 majors (down from 62)

5. Ben Hogan 56 wins 9 majors (down from 64)

> @Golfnutgalen said:

>

>

Great read.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/use-the-sam-snead-criteria-for-wins-tiger-woods-actually-has-95-tour-titles-well-explain?utm_source=facebook&utm_brand=gd&utm_social-type=owned&utm_medium=social&mbid=social_facebook

Sam Snead also had an outrageous amount of top 10 finishes, 332 by my count, but it gets confusing. Jack is at 304 while Tiger and Phil have 197 and 195 respectively. Anyway, that's all I got!

1. Sam Snead: 332

2. Jack Nicklaus: 304

3. Arnold Palmer: 252

4. Billy Casper: 238

5. Ben Hogan: 230

6. Tom Watson: 225

7. Byron Nelson: 207

8. Tiger Woods: 197

9. Phil Mickelson: 195

10. Gene Sarazen: 191

> @"Holy Moses" said:

> > @Golfnutgalen said:

> > Sam's win record is a bit shady compared to today's official PGA Tour events. This is probably the best article on the subject if anyone needed a refresher. The author gives him credit for 74 wins and that's including a tie with 3 others which I personally wouldn't include. That said he also had a bunch of other pro wins mostly in West Virginia and a few in Canada and Central-South America.

> > https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-actually-ahead-sam-snead-pga-tour-wins

> >

> > I think Tiger is the GOAT already, but to each his own.

> >

> > We always talk about Snead's team events and forget about the rest of the players. Ben Hogan won 8 team events all with 16 or fewer teams and Jack and Arnie won 2 Team championships (with an unknown field size) together which count towards their victory totals.

>

>

>

>

Then there was the time Sam jumped on a pool table after the break and putted all the balls in.

They called it a 16 hole event and gave him the “w” ; )

1. totally agree that Sam's 82 wins are shady to say the least but it IS recorded as such in the record books so let's move on on that issue.

2. 27 holes today and 9 on Monday..that's the plan.

3. super pleased with Tiger's game so far but I have always felt a healthy Tiger is still capable of great things..

4. I really hope he laps the field these next 2 days but no matter what happens I also hope he just captains the President's Cup team..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

>

> Thanks! Still 74 wins is insane! Only Nicklaus and Palmer are all that close with Hogan losing out if we exclude team victories. The only ones I'm uncomfortable with removing are Nicklaus and Palmer's because I can't find the field size info. Arnie is underrated nowadays in my opinion.

>

> 1. Tiger Woods 81 wins 14 majors

>

> 2. Sam Snead 74 wins 7 majors (down from 82)

>

> 3. Jack Nicklaus 71 wins 18 majors (down from 73)

>

> 4. Arnold Palmer 60 wins 7 majors (down from 62)

>

> 5. Ben Hogan 56 wins 9 majors (down from 64)

>

> @Golfnutgalen said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > @Golfnutgalen said:

> > > Sam's win record is a bit shady compared to today's official PGA Tour events. This is probably the best article on the subject if anyone needed a refresher. The author gives him credit for 74 wins and that's including a tie with 3 others which I personally wouldn't include. That said he also had a bunch of other pro wins mostly in West Virginia and a few in Canada and Central-South America.

> > > https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-actually-ahead-sam-snead-pga-tour-wins

> > >

> > > I think Tiger is the GOAT already, but to each his own.

> > >

> > > We always talk about Snead's team events and forget about the rest of the players. Ben Hogan won 8 team events all with 16 or fewer teams and Jack and Arnie won 2 Team championships (with an unknown field size) together which count towards their victory totals.

> >

> > Great post man!

>

> Thanks! Still 74 wins is insane! Only Nicklaus and Palmer are all that close with Hogan losing out if we exclude team victories. The only ones I'm uncomfortable with removing are Nicklaus and Palmer's because I can't find the field size info. Arnie is underrated nowadays in my opinion.

>

> 1. Tiger Woods 81 wins 14 majors

>

> 2. Sam Snead 74 wins 7 majors (down from 82)

>

> 3. Jack Nicklaus 71 wins 18 majors (down from 73)

>

> 4. Arnold Palmer 60 wins 7 majors (down from 62)

>

> 5. Ben Hogan 56 wins 9 majors (down from 64)

>

14 majors? Slept all of april?

> @80sFredriksson said:

> >

> > Thanks! Still 74 wins is insane! Only Nicklaus and Palmer are all that close with Hogan losing out if we exclude team victories. The only ones I'm uncomfortable with removing are Nicklaus and Palmer's because I can't find the field size info. Arnie is underrated nowadays in my opinion.

> >

> > 1. Tiger Woods 81 wins 14 majors

> >

> > 2. Sam Snead 74 wins 7 majors (down from 82)

> >

> > 3. Jack Nicklaus 71 wins 18 majors (down from 73)

> >

> > 4. Arnold Palmer 60 wins 7 majors (down from 62)

> >

> > 5. Ben Hogan 56 wins 9 majors (down from 64)

> >

>

> > @Golfnutgalen said:

> > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > > @Golfnutgalen said:

> > > > Sam's win record is a bit shady compared to today's official PGA Tour events. This is probably the best article on the subject if anyone needed a refresher. The author gives him credit for 74 wins and that's including a tie with 3 others which I personally wouldn't include. That said he also had a bunch of other pro wins mostly in West Virginia and a few in Canada and Central-South America.

> > > > https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-actually-ahead-sam-snead-pga-tour-wins

> > > >

> > > > I think Tiger is the GOAT already, but to each his own.

> > > >

> > > > We always talk about Snead's team events and forget about the rest of the players. Ben Hogan won 8 team events all with 16 or fewer teams and Jack and Arnie won 2 Team championships (with an unknown field size) together which count towards their victory totals.

> > >

> > > Great post man!

> >

> > Thanks! Still 74 wins is insane! Only Nicklaus and Palmer are all that close with Hogan losing out if we exclude team victories. The only ones I'm uncomfortable with removing are Nicklaus and Palmer's because I can't find the field size info. Arnie is underrated nowadays in my opinion.

> >

> > 1. Tiger Woods 81 wins 14 majors

> >

> > 2. Sam Snead 74 wins 7 majors (down from 82)

> >

> > 3. Jack Nicklaus 71 wins 18 majors (down from 73)

> >

> > 4. Arnold Palmer 60 wins 7 majors (down from 62)

> >

> > 5. Ben Hogan 56 wins 9 majors (down from 64)

> >

>

> 14 majors? Slept all of april?

Haha! just quickly edited some old figures and forgot the most important one.