New Tiger Woods Launch Monitor

Did some beta testing last night in net mode. First thing I noticed is that the distances were more accurate to expectations than when we were using it in outdoor mode against a net. I.e. my 7i is a pretty reliable 165 yard club and it was in that range.

My daughter was using it mostly and she hits a push draw 90% of the time and she was saying that she thought swings that were draws, were registering as straight pushes. I.e. she swings roughly 3 degrees out most swings with a slightly shut face and she thought the machine was showing an open or equal face in that it was giving her 3 to 6 yards right when she thought the swing felt like they would end up left.

Definitely needs more testing, but fun to mess with. Both of us had been to the gym, and then played basketball before we got on the FSK, and I was a little too tired to swing very well. Actually it was interesting to look back at my swings in the videoa and I could visibly see that I was tired in the way I swung the club.  She was on it for an hour and thought it was getting pretty good numbers overall.

Will use it pre work out today and see how it goes.

• Like 1

So is the current consensus that the FSK has much better hardware than mevo plus, but is still still in its infancy on the firmware/software side?

Looking to pull the trigger on one of these soon, so I'm wondering if it's worth gambling on the FSK because the hardware gives it a higher ceiling and in theory should eventually perform better than mevo+ if Full Swing can deliver on the firmware.

So I guess it boils down to trusting Full Swing. Which, I have no idea if I should.

I don't know the consensus but I know the hardware is more advanced than MEVO+ and, for me, I have had very little issues with FSK and data integrity.

I have had it against Trackman and GCQs and compared the comparable data and it was all in line.

That being said, I had a swing speed readout issue, I reported it to dev, they fixed it in the next firmware. 

I know a lot of people have said spin could be 200-300 higher than reality and I saw the firmware that came out yesterday had a line item that addressed spin rate readings. 

All in all I think the FSK is a great package for 4k. I have no regrets and no issues. Updates have been regular and not caused more issues than they solve.

I look forward to the app getting more features after they smooth out the firmware and readings bugs they get from the first wave of consumer use. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blaiser said:

So is the current consensus that the FSK has much better hardware than mevo plus, but is still still in its infancy on the firmware/software side?

Looking to pull the trigger on one of these soon, so I'm wondering if it's worth gambling on the FSK because the hardware gives it a higher ceiling and in theory should eventually perform better than mevo+ if Full Swing can deliver on the firmware.

So I guess it boils down to trusting Full Swing. Which, I have no idea if I should.

I own and have been happy with my M+ despite its limitations. I would agree that the hardware in FSK is better than M+ hardware but that extra hardware doesn’t get you anything new or better compared to M+ …. yet.  I’m still not clear on what the potential for the FSK is compared to M+. Its clear advantages - self leveling, display, battery life - are all well and good but those features don’t speak to the basic function of launch monitor. A full flight tracking is a significant upgrade - does the FSK do it? Does the hardware allow for better spin measurements? Not yet. The big one - Is the hardware designed to directly measure spin axis instead of using club / ball data (indoors) or sufficient flight (outdoors) to determine it like M+ does? That would be worth the price increase compared to M+ 2x over. 

it does all boil down to trusting FSK and understanding its potential which is still murky to me. 

• Like 1

Short session today, just working on club path and face angle. The data seems tightened up for sure. All the numbers were as expected for any given shot that was produced. I hit mainly 9 irons and 7 irons today—spin made total sense for those clubs as well.

This is making my practice waaay more productive.

• Like 1

It wants 10' behind and 10' in front for the net. So, about the space to park a car.

I have been using the heck out of mine. The nice thing about FSK is that it will operate when not attached to your phone it just gives the 4 readings on the screen (you don't get the videos obviously). I will set mine up and targeted, then just leave it on while I am outside or in the garage working on stuff. Every half hour or so stop and hit 10 balls, it is a very convenient piece of gear. My swing is improving bit by bit.

• Like 2

Can’t wait to hear some more reports from the indoor beta testers out there! Sounds like this unit has potential, and my garage sim space is nearing completion 😀

Lefty

Driver: Cobra Ltdx 9* -Hzrdus smoke blue 60x

3 wd: TM M5  -Mitsubishi Tensei x

hybrid: Ping G430 3 Hybrid - Ping Tour 2.0 x-stiff

Irons: 4-gap Cobra King Tours KBS 120

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 54*(55*),60*

Putter: Ping Zing Redwood,  Sigma Tyne 4, my homemade protos

Grips: Lamkin Sonar

It does not read chips indoors as far as I can tell. Once you get below 30yards, it does not read very well. Sure it will pick up a cold-topped 5wood and tell you it only went 40 yards, but a soft chip swing does not seem to register. So obviously any type of sim will need that addressed.

anyone with a coupon code?

Ping G430 LST 9* Graphite Design VF 6

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 15* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7
Callaway Apex UW 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 8
TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 9

Titleist T100 5-PW Vokey SM9 50* Fujikura Axiom 125
Artisan 55*DS+LE 59* DR+LE Nippon Modus3 125 wedge
LAB DF3

Following this one for sure - I like the FSK but I'm concerned about the data being accurate.  FSK seems a little more seamless than Mevo+ but I'm going to give it a few more months to see if the FSK improves the accuracy.  

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron

Latest update totally tightened up the numbers. I spaced on taking it with me to the club on Sunday (I'd brought it inside to charge and just totally forgot to grab it when I left) so I cut out early yesterday for a quickie at the club. Went through a bucket of 8 irons - made some slight changes to my grip and working on getting it automatic - and since it was early, there's a Club Champion right around the corner and I still have some free Trackman sessions from my fitting a couple years ago, rolled in there just to compare. 

Obvi that's off mats to spin was a couple hundred RPM higher but everything else lined up pretty well. 

Also feels like it's calculating data a bit faster. I know before, I'd hit a shot then turn around to look and it'd take a couple seconds to show up. Or maybe I enjoyed watching the flight longer since I'm hitting it better these days. 🙂

FS is really doing great work with the monthly updates. As a software guy; that's a solid release cycle. 

• Like 4

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

1 hour ago, aenemated said:

Latest update totally tightened up the numbers. I spaced on taking it with me to the club on Sunday (I'd brought it inside to charge and just totally forgot to grab it when I left) so I cut out early yesterday for a quickie at the club. Went through a bucket of 8 irons - made some slight changes to my grip and working on getting it automatic - and since it was early, there's a Club Champion right around the corner and I still have some free Trackman sessions from my fitting a couple years ago, rolled in there just to compare. 

Obvi that's off mats to spin was a couple hundred RPM higher but everything else lined up pretty well. 

Also feels like it's calculating data a bit faster. I know before, I'd hit a shot then turn around to look and it'd take a couple seconds to show up. Or maybe I enjoyed watching the flight longer since I'm hitting it better these days. 🙂

FS is really doing great work with the monthly updates. As a software guy; that's a solid release cycle. 

Was the Trackman indoor or outdoor?

8 minutes ago, RmoorePE said:

Was the Trackman indoor or outdoor?

Indoor. And it was normalized for our elevation here in Vegas. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

Any suggestions or instructions on how to set it up? I’m trying to get work on my club path and face to path but getting inconsistent results. Does it calculate the path based on the target line setup or does it calculate it based on the actual swing? I just want to make sure I’m getting the best results and worried if the ball isn’t in the exact same spot every time it could lead to inconsistency on the readings. 

3 hours ago, ryan_ryan20 said:

Any suggestions or instructions on how to set it up? I’m trying to get work on my club path and face to path but getting inconsistent results. Does it calculate the path based on the target line setup or does it calculate it based on the actual swing? I just want to make sure I’m getting the best results and worried if the ball isn’t in the exact same spot every time it could lead to inconsistency on the readings. 

Im confused, why would you not align it and then have alignment sticks On the ground?

We use sidewalk chalk on the mat:

Align the machine to the net (or range marker if outside), and then looking at the phone screen you can place the chalk line directly on the alignment line.

Further in "Set Target Line" the phone shows two offset lines, you can align the edge of mat to one of those to make sure the mat edge provides alignment. Alternatively you can place your sticks on the offset lines. Super simple to set up perfect alignment with FSK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2022 at 8:49 PM, Dan13 said:

I own and have been happy with my M+ despite its limitations. I would agree that the hardware in FSK is better than M+ hardware but that extra hardware doesn’t get you anything new or better compared to M+ …. yet.  I’m still not clear on what the potential for the FSK is compared to M+. Its clear advantages - self leveling, display, battery life - are all well and good but those features don’t speak to the basic function of launch monitor. A full flight tracking is a significant upgrade - does the FSK do it? Does the hardware allow for better spin measurements? Not yet. The big one - Is the hardware designed to directly measure spin axis instead of using club / ball data (indoors) or sufficient flight (outdoors) to determine it like M+ does? That would be worth the price increase compared to M+ 2x over. 

it does all boil down to trusting FSK and understanding its potential which is still murky to me. 

Do you mind my asking why full flight tracking is important? Is this something you consider a deal breaker?

47 minutes ago, leekgolf said:

Do you mind my asking why full flight tracking is important? Is this something you consider a deal breaker?

Full tracking means no algorithms to figure out carry like M+.  The algorithms are very good for M+ but full tracking would be better. All other full flight tracking radars are significantly more money. If FSK can do it for 1/3 - 1/4 of the cost of X3 or TM4 that would be impressive. 

Wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me just gives that extra level of accuracy. 

14 minutes ago, pdxhak said:

I just received an email about 4 hours ago from FSK announcing indoors. I need to email them to see if my discount is still good 🙂

If I could get a discount code, I'd buy immediately.  No Apple devices, will need to grab one to get full usage out of product. Getting a little help to get there wouldn't suck! 😃

Got the e6 Connect and have only been doing the driving range practice area for now. The numbers look really good from what I can tell as well. I've got the net about 8 feet away from the ball since I'm in the garage. The data from the KIT are available in e6 except for the path and club face for some reason but the ball flight makes up for it anyway.

It's a little slow to show the ball flight but not a big deal (like 2 or 3 seconds) but the integration is pretty seamless. Overall, very pleased and very good feedback with the ball flight that was obviously missing with just the KIT. 

• Like 2