T100 long Term reviews please!!

tw7878

Hello All.

Ive played older ap2 and some mizuno irons the past 15 years. Golf on and off but really taking it seriously lately. enough to get fitted last month before lockdown and I hit all the players irons Very similar. Within 5% of eachother.

I really liked the look of the T100. Love them actually.

So now that they have been out for a while I'm looking for some long term reviews. I play 1-2 times a week about 50 rounds a year and don't practice that much But i'm a good iron player.

I love titleist irons and vokey wedges.

Hi,

I have had my T100's since early January, as an upgrade from my 2006 model Titleist 755 irons. Both irons have stiff flex KBS Tour shafts, and both sets are 3 iron through to pitching wedge. 8 iron swing speed is around 90mph, give or take one or two miles per hour. Both sets are standard lie and half an inch long. My handicap is 11, but was as low as 6 a few years ago pre-shoulder reconstruction and when I was playing a lot more. My iron striking is decent, but not amazing.

I like them a lot.

They are very different to the 755's - much less offset and much thinner soles and top lines, but they are much easier to hit. They might be too easy to get in the air - I haven't figured out a surefire way to keep them as low as I'd like to when I need to. But they're easy to get up in the air and move around when I want to and I love the way they interact with the turf and I like the traditional lofts. I'm not tempted by the S model, and discounted a bunch of other irons because of the strong lofts.

I don't have much to compare them to. I wasn't looking for new irons and bought them because I got a good deal rather than going through an extensive testing process, but in the past year I've hit a bunch of balls with 620MB's, Z785's, MP20MMC's, and i210's. The Z785's were probably my pick of the others though they're a bit stronger than I like.

I'm sure I'd be pretty happy with just about any similar iron out there, but I can't fault the T100's. I was looking forward to spending more time playing golf this year but it doesn't look like that's going to happen so a real long term review might have to wait a while longer :|

Titleist TSi3 9*          | Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65TX

Titleist 2021 T200 2 iron | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 100X

Titleist 2021 T200 3 iron | KBS Tour 130X

Titleist 2021 T100S 4-PW  | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 50.08F          | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 56.08M, 62.08M  | Dynamic Gold S400

LAB Golf DF 2.1 Custom    | Accra x LAB

I'm not sure - I haven't hit the AP2's in any meaningful way since the very first model replaced the 755's way back when and I decided they weren't a significant improvement - at least, not enough to make the switch. Sorry!

Not much not to like... amazing looks, great feel/sound, very little offset, perfect turf interaction (unlike the t200s which felt like trying to use a frying pan to take a divot with longer irons)... basically traditional Titleist CBs with some tech assistance. Moved to these from 714 AP2s... touch longer, about the same forgiveness. Only minor gripe would be high on the face, esp towards the toe, can be fairly dead, but if you're playing these irons you should own that miss. Epic feedback with these, can definitely tell exactly where you're slight misses are but you still get a very large % of the performance out of it on a slight miss compared to dead flush. Great MB/CB alternative or to mix in with those.

• Like 2

I definitely agree with this. While I’ve only had the irons in the bag a week, long term only, I know, I had been hitting these for a while off and on and even did an on course test against the JPX 919 Tour and MMC 20 irons. I’ve always come back to hit these irons and I’ve had my eyes on them since I wanted to get a new set. I played the MMC 20 irons for about two months before selling them in favor of the T100 irons. I’ll say pretty much what NateDog stated. They’ve got some great feel and will also tell you if you weren’t too precise on your strike. I really love them and I’m glad they’re in the bag.

Taylormade Qi10 9° - Tensei Blue X Link 65x

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 16.5° - Tensei Blue RAW 75x

Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW - Modus 115 S

Vokey SM9 50/54/58 - S200

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser

Titleist Pro V1

I've had the T100s in my bag since last year, Probably 15 rounds or so plus a good bit of time on the practice ground.

The replaced a set of 714 AP2s and a set id Titleist 681s. I hit the AP2s a little better but the 681s hung around because I didn't like looking at the AP2s.

I'm now committed to the T100s. First, they look great. Second the are very forgiving particularly on my most common miss, a groove or two thin. Third, I can do anything with them that I could do with either of the other sets and they are about half a club longer,

I highly recommend them.

Steve

Nice one. What's the make up of the set?

Nice. I kept my wedge gaps at 6 degrees - 52, 58, 64 with the pitching at 46. And I still haven't seen anyone else with the T100 3 iron :)

I was thinking the same re: forgiveness. I know I'm not as good as I used to be, but I put that down to time spent playing and practicing. I'm working on a few things which might free more time up and I think the T100's are going to have my back from where I am now to where I want to be. But I usually hit my irons fairly well anyway. Ego plays a big part, but it's also what inspires me to get better.

I am looking forward to hearing your own long term review. According to Arccos, I only have 13 rounds with mine. One of those was my lowest score in a couple of years, but I don't know if I can put that down to the irons. At any rate, they certainly feel like a step in the right direction.

It's blown out since my earlier reply in this thread - 11.8 as of Monday :(

I can see myself at 8 without too much trouble, but I need to spend more time on the short stuff. My practice routine was totally the other way around in terms of what I concentrated on when I played off six but I just don't have the time to play or practice as much as I want to, and the short game facilities at my club don't really reflect actual playing conditions. These days I'm lucky to play once every few weeks, and an hour a week on the driving range is a luxury I can only remenisce about. Sigh.

I have had mine since the end of last year and I just cannot see past them at the moment. My last set of irons were 714 AP2’s which I loved. The T100’s are just as forgiving as my old AP2’s, just as long but in a much nicer package and it would be hard to say that AP2’s were ugly. I would say that anyone from a 5 down would have no issues with these and anyone in single figures who is a decent ball striker would enjoy them as well.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I had them and they were nice. Did they make me a better golfer? No. They do look nicer than the previous AP2's but don't expect any miracles. I think they look as good as anything for the forgiveness level.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

No exactly answering the question but I had played 2 rounds with the T100-S before realizing I needed a different shaft. I will say forgiveness is pretty impressive on this, especially on thin hits. With the costs of new shafts and effort of reshafting, I just sold the current set and am waiting for Titleist to build my new set. Currently gaming P790 and find the shorter irons of the T100’s to be a pure joy. Long irons look more demanding but I found the 5 iron to launch pretty easy. Again I’m referring to the stronger lofted model as I like the more consistent distances compared to the P790. The feel on pure strikes with the T100 is as good any Titleist I have hit before, and I played AP2 forever.

i played a couple rounds with the t100 via my club's demo clubs, though they look nice the feel just isn't mind blowing. if you're upgrading from 714 or 716, then go for it; but if you have the 718 like i do, i don't think it's a big step forward.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I play T100’s as my gamers with Stiff AMT White. SM8 wedges. I have a back up practice set of 718 CB’s with PX LZ 6.0. They are quite similar in a lot of regards but I think from a looks at address point the 3-7 irons in the CB seem to have slightly more offset which is confusing since you’d think it would be the other way around. Since the question is regarding the T100’s my take is the same as everyone else here. I’d emphasize on the level of forgiveness is immense for such a small profile. The long irons are progressive in length and inspire more confidence. They are consistent in distance and produce beautiful flight. They feel nice but the CB’s feel noticeably better when pured. With that being said I would rather have the forgiveness on the course and save chasing the butter feel on the range.

I am pretty sure in saying that if you compared your 718 CB’s to the 620 CB’s you would notice a difference in offset as well. Great couple of sets there! How do you find the difference between the AMT’s and the PX LZ? I went with the LZ in my T100 and love them.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

What shafts did you originally have and what is on order now? I have a set of T100-S on order as well with AMT White X100s -- hopefully Titleist gets back up and running soon!

I played P790's for about a year before selling them and going back to my old 714 AP2/CB combo set. Loved the P790's until I got down to the short irons. Couldnt take the feel and turf interaction anymore and got rid of them. Liked the distance of the P790s (loft, I know) so I am hoping the T100S will be the perfect mesh of classic Titleist feel and turf interaction with some added distance.

I orginally ordered T100’s with Modus 105 from an indoor fitting. On the course and range I just wasn’t blown away, the ball just flew into a higher window than I liked seeing and felt it just dropped straight down. I gave it a shot again in the T100-S thinking the loft would lower flight, but more of the same. Played ok with them but kept going back to my P790 with DG105. Since I never could demo the DG105 in the Titleist I sold the Modus T100’s and ordered the T100-S with DG105. I know the loft difference between the TM’s and Titleist will still make the P790 longer especially at the top of the bag, but my am hoping consistency will make up for a couple less yards. If not I know I have a winner for me in the TM’s and I’ll keep the Titleist as backup. Sounds like you had the same problem I had, the short irons for TM are tough to score with it seems still despite the improvements. The long irons occasionally go deep when pured but it’s a small price for their overall ease.

Does anyone know when Titleist plans to start resume doing custom orders? I’ve been searching the BST and EBay for weeks to try to find a set of t100s with the shafts I want and have had no luck!

Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
Titleist TS3 15 w/ Tensei Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist 915HD 20.5 w/ Aldila Tour Blue 95X
Titleist T100 4-P w/ TI X100
Vokey SM7 52.08, 56.10, 60.04 w/ TI S400
Scotty Cameron Select Squareback