New Level Appreciation Thread

Philomathesq

On 3/28/2024 at 8:44 PM, Jbar said:

DB has a longer heel-to-toe than TC. I considered MC one of the smallest heads I had ever seen in a long time and could not hit it so well. After several rounds with TC, I will know if I need 5/6 DB to blend with TC.

To me the 480 DB will be the perfect size for forgiving long irons if the blade length is slightly longer than the 480TC but not as long as the 902OS. I felt like they could have shrunk the blade length a little on the 902OS without hurting forgiveness. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

5 hours ago, Sam217 said:

I have a few NL demos. Would you all agree that NL runs 1/4 inch long where they measure to the end of the shaft then add grip? More inline with the length of Mizuno and Srixon.

I'm not sure on Mizuno or Srixon, but, I do find New Level to be long.  I usually have to trim to get them to my specs.

Got the 9 iron bent 2degrees week (left). The 902pd pw is on the right. Looks much better to me! Looks like I need the 8 and 7 now. 

IMG_1396.jpeg

• Like 2

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

3 hours ago, Yzmerf said:

Got the 9 iron bent 2degrees week (left). The 902pd pw is on the right. Looks much better to me! Looks like I need the 8 and 7 now. 

IMG_1396.jpeg

You’re right, the 623CB looks great. 

13 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

Here you go my man. Sorry for delay. In-laws in for Easter. If you know, you know. 

These are sharp looking wedges. Very soft feel. This is the 50 gap wedge in the Standard Sole grind. I also have a Versatile Sole on a 58. Very pleased with      these. Definitely reminds me of some older classic wedges. 

1802750B-4624-470F-B12D-704218D74ABF.jpeg.517d84aceaea26769702f8ae41094632.jpeg

21AE37CD-FD89-4EE3-82AA-E73BA9430AF9.jpeg.85f7121d527d879d5bd4a1c930ce0118.jpeg

00E8D9DE-617B-43FE-950C-12993D0E2A97.jpeg.79eb8e7142cbcca32482312a0c5d8666.jpeg

Thanks for the pics! Definitely a sharp looking wedge

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

On 3/30/2024 at 10:11 AM, Sam217 said:

I have a few NL demos. Would you all agree that NL runs 1/4 inch long where they measure to the end of the shaft then add grip? More inline with the length of Mizuno and Srixon.

New Level builds everything off a Mitchell ruler and cuts shafts to end of shaft length, then will add grip. Most OEMs will cut shaft 1/8-1/4” short to allow grip cap. So if you want an end of grip 37” 7 iron from NL you have to order -1/4”. 

• Like 1
  • Driver - Ping G400 10.5 Graphite Design VR 5 R1
  • Wood - Taylormade Sim TI 5 wood 19* (17.5) Diamana 65R
  • Wood - Callaway Epic Speed 7 wood 21* HZRDUS 60-5.5
  • Hybrid - Ping G430 22* R 
  • Hybrid - Ping G425 26* @ 25* R
  • Irons - New Level 902 PD 6-PW & AW Elevate MPH 95 R 
  • Wedge - Ping Glide 2.0 50* AWT 
  • Wedge - Callaway  MD3 Milled 56/10 TT Elevate MPH 95 R
  • Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird 34” 
  • Ball - Maxfli Tour 

Picked up the 480TC 5-PW today and tried a couple of range balls with 9/PW only near my place. All I can say, WOW! Impressed with soft feel and consistency vs P7TWs. Can't wait to try the whole set tomorrow. They are in range of D6.3 to 7.4 with X100. Later this week, I will play the short course to focus on irons with V1 or V1x.

• Like 1

13.5 BRNR | 19* G430 3H | 22* G430 4H
NL 480-TC 5-PW | MG4 TW 56* & 60*
Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5
| Pro V1

5 minutes ago, Jbar said:

Picked up the 480TC 5-PW today and tried a couple of range balls with 9/PW only near my place. All I can say, WOW! Impressed with soft feel and consistency vs P7TWs. Can't wait to try the whole set tomorrow. They are in range of D6.3 to 7.4 with X100. Later this week, I will play the short course to focus on irons with V1 or V1x.

Congrats. I really am enjoying mine. So playable for an iron that feels as pure as these do. Like to hear some updates on how they play at your heavier swing weight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jbar said:

What grips are you playing and what weights did you get put in?   
Sounds like another happy customer!   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GolfGuy1717 said:

What grips are you playing and what weights did you get put in?   
Sounds like another happy customer!   

I have been playing Tour Velvet Plus4 Midsize. They did not have it and New Level Midsize Lamkin Crossline was the only one available. They added +4 wraps for lower hands to mimic the feel. I had 11g during the fitting, but I need to confirm with the fitter for this set, which is #5 to #9 as D6.3 to 6.5, then PW as D7.4. I suspected that they added a bit heavier due to midsize+wraps.

13.5 BRNR | 19* G430 3H | 22* G430 4H
NL 480-TC 5-PW | MG4 TW 56* & 60*
Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5
| Pro V1

1 hour ago, Jbar said:

I have been playing Tour Velvet Plus4 Midsize. They did not have it and New Level Midsize Lamkin Crossline was the only one available. They added +4 wraps for lower hands to mimic the feel. I had 11g during the fitting, but I need to confirm with the fitter for this set, which is #5 to #9 as D6.3 to 6.5, then PW as D7.4. I suspected that they added a bit heavier due to midsize+wraps.

OK great!  Thank you!   It is great to be able to dial them in on the club vs. adding that weight to the shaft/hosel.  

• Like 2

Been searching for irons for over a year now. Ordered a set of the 480 TC 5-PW. Was waiting to test the Ping BPS and wasn't blow away by them. Got a 20% off email over the weekend and decided to pull the trigger. Paid half of what the BPS would've cost. Will report back after I get to hit them but pretty excited. Really liked the ability to control the swing weight even with adding length as I am taller but don't get along with heavier swing weights. That and they are one of the few companies to offer AMT white shafts for no upcharge was the clincher for me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sam217 said:

My TC 480s just showed up (order to door from Az to Va in 9 days). They look so good I mean wow the proportions are perfect. These might be the closest in size to my 716 AP2s I've found with a hair less offset. Haven't hit them yet, will report back. They hit the swingweight dead on. Every club is 2.2 SW, I asked for 2 at 1/4 inch over and 2 up. I only wish their grips options were better (they have gotten better just still don't have my preferred grip). The back looks so much better than the 623s which looked cheesy to me. These look legit in the bag and not like the little company that could (623s) but as good as anything.

20240409_162051.jpg

20240409_162106.jpg

20240409_162116.jpg

20240409_162130.jpg

LOOKS GREAT!  What grip is your favorite?  

What grips did you get to get to the SW 2?  

3 hours ago, Sam217 said:

My TC 480s just showed up (order to door from Az to Va in 9 days). They look so good I mean wow the proportions are perfect. These might be the closest in size to my 716 AP2s I've found with a hair less offset. Haven't hit them yet, will report back. They hit the swingweight dead on. Every club is 2.2 SW, I asked for 2 at 1/4 inch over and 2 up. I only wish their grips options were better (they have gotten better just still don't have my preferred grip). The back looks so much better than the 623s which looked cheesy to me. These look legit in the bag and not like the little company that could (623s) but as good as anything.

20240409_162051.jpg

20240409_162106.jpg

20240409_162116.jpg

20240409_162130.jpg

Man those are so clean!  Looking forward to your thoughts after hitting them.  What shafts did you go with?

Sim max driver
915 4w
913 hybrid
C300 4 iron...Staff Model blade 5-P
Vokey wedges

SpiderX

TP5

3 hours ago, GolfGuy1717 said:

LOOKS GREAT!  What grip is your favorite?  

What grips did you get to get to the SW 2?  

I prefer GP MCC +4 midsize. I just went with their stock offering of lacking crossline but went midsize with 2 wraps on the bottom. With the weight screw in the back I think they are able to achieve a fairly wide range of swing weights. Went with the Dynamic Gold AMT white S300s as I've been playing them for years in my Ap2s. The fit and finish in these is just flawless. Sucks that their website images don't do them justice. Range session in the am and will report back.

2 hours ago, kylesilk said:

Man those are so clean!  Looking forward to your thoughts after hitting them.  What shafts did you go with?

On 4/8/2024 at 7:17 PM, GolfGuy1717 said:

Any more feedback on the new TC or MC?  

Thanks!  

They’re great irons. This is mostly about the TCs because that’s what I’ve been playing more. They are fun to play. Getting better and better as I play them more.

Some trends: Low bounce and yet they are anti-dig. Flush one and it’s fantastic but I’ve had some misses on the toe side that still carried to the green. The og 902s were always my favorites. These are my new favorites. More refined, very balanced feeling irons. They are appealing in that they are a Tour-level iron but not as demanding as most of the irons seen on Tour. A comfortable size that is not too big nor so small as to be intimidating.

I have 6-P in the TC and I have 8-P in the MC. I can post some more comparison photos with a P770. It can help with a DTC brand like New Level to see it side by side with a head commonly seen in stores. 

I can tell a slight forgiveness difference on mishits with the TC vs the MC. Soles on the MC are thin, it launches a little lower. You can throw darts with either one. TC seems more forgiving across the face. It is 15 percent larger than the MC. 

And the updated SPN wedges are in my bag. 50 SS, 54 VS. They do not dig, they feel as good as the irons and hit any shot you need. Terrific sound and performance. The standard sole makes an excellent gap wedge but I think the versatile sole would work fine there too. Worth a look. 

The only oddity is I don’t have the long irons settled yet. Did not buy the 480TC 4 or 5 iron and could still do that. Kind of want to see the 480DB first, but it is golf season. I want to solve it and play the clubs I’m going to play. Right now I have a borrowed p770 4 and 5 iron in the bag and they have been performing very well. Very easy to hit long irons and work fine as a combo with the New Levels. 

New Level moving away from offering a set gap wedge is a real bummer for me. Love my 902OS and was hoping to stay with the brand after them but no set gap wedge almost makes it a non-starter for me.

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

1 hour ago, ChristopherMcDonald said:

New Level moving away from offering a set gap wedge is a real bummer for me. Love my 902OS and was hoping to stay with the brand after them but no set gap wedge almost makes it a non-starter for me.

I play a 48 vokey off my 902 os PW.  I think the 623 bent weak could fill that role.  Been considering this once my 48 wears out.

Hit my 480 TCs at the range for the first time today. They feel phenomenal, very consistent. Looks great. Unfortunately was on mats so hard to say about turf interaction. 5 and 6 irons were not hard to launch and despite being smallish are pretty friendly. They aren't GI irons for sure. The price and what you get plus the build quality, no upcharge for any shafts other than graphite. If you want playersesque forged irons what you get with these is just fantastic. I am coming from 716 AP2s but have hit everything and own a ZX7 mkii, cobra king tour. Played pro 225s for a stint last year. Hit BPS a few weeks ago. I'm telling you these are as good as anything if not better. Plus you get the build quality as if you were a tour pro it would seem. I had a set of mizunos last year built by them that were the wrong length, the wrong loft and the wrong lie. A fitting is no better than the build.

Edited by Sam217
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, kylesilk said:

480-DB up for pre order on website now. 

Specs available but no other info.  I'd like to know the size compared to 480-TC.  Looks to me just like a slightly bigger version of the TC.  

That’s what I am hoping it is. One notch more forgiving would be great in the long irons, and for my preferences hopefully a slightly smaller profile than the 902-OS. 

• Like 1

Played my first round with the 480 TCs today. Could not be happier with them. Easy to hit, workable yet forgiving. Was able to hit shots low and high. Was pin hunting the par 3s today. They feel so buttery when hit out of the middle. Stock shots fly straight. Turf interaction is fantastic. The most happy I've been with a new set of irons in many years. Highly recommend for anyone searching in the players iron category. I play from 8-10 handicap with irons being my strength and these are not difficult to hit and are very consistent. They just hit this perfect middle ground I've been searching for of a forged iron that's small but not intimidating with traditional lofts and some forgiveness. Top that with the best build times around and great build quality. The 480s look much better in person than the 623s did. The can dial in swingweight with the new design. No upcharge on shafts. 150 per club and frequently go on sale. They should be selling tons of these.

• Like 2