TENSEI AV Raw?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 6:58 PM, Nick_E said:

I see that titleist is offering av raw blue in 65 or 75 tx with no upcharge in TSi2 or TSi3 3 woods.  Am I missing something or is this the real deal??  Seems like a great deal.  I guess I could check the butt diameter as TX is larger than X, .641 for TX vs .60 for X.

I'm getting this in a TSi2 3 wood.  SS with 3 wood is currently 107, bit should increase to 110.  I do struggle hitting it low.  I would think 79 gram vs 69 gram would be better in 3 wood.  Thoughts?

As far as I know, that's correct. TX available at no upcharge.

I'm in Canada and contacted TXG about this, they reached out to Titleist a few weeks ago and got the following response:

"Heard back from the Club Ops team. Still looking like the New Year for both the Tensei AV Raw White and Blue in TX flex – likely January 18th for the White and February (Date TBC) for the Blue. I can confirm that they will be offered at no upcharge"

Dates are likely different for Canadian market vs US but encouraging to hear Titleist rep confirm no upcharge for TX 

21 hours ago, rwmck9 said:

I'm in Canada and contacted TXG about this, they reached out to Titleist a few weeks ago and got the following response:

"Heard back from the Club Ops team. Still looking like the New Year for both the Tensei AV Raw White and Blue in TX flex – likely January 18th for the White and February (Date TBC) for the Blue. I can confirm that they will be offered at no upcharge"

Dates are likely different for Canadian market vs US but encouraging to hear Titleist rep confirm no upcharge for TX 

The dates should be identical for both Canada and the US. 🙂

Titleist....

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Rogtsaamokin66 said:

Trying to find some more information about this shaft. Did they do the boron tip for this?  Also was there a Raw version made for Titleist?  Or is it the actual AV Raw?  

No boron tip on the Raw. That’s reserved for the Tensei Pro line. 

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

On 6/25/2020 at 10:23 PM, ForTourUseOnly said:

The TX flexes do thats why they are $100 more

Bingo.  This has always been the Case. Costs more to make the higher end version. 

• Like 2

Srixon z745 9* rogue 60 125 TX 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

21 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

No boron tip on the Raw. That’s reserved for the Tensei Pro line. 

According to @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL on IG and twitter the TX orange has MR70 and Tungsten prepreg, the White has MR70 and Boron in the TX flex as well Thats why aftermarket they are $100 more than the normal Stiff/X Flexes

Edited by ForTourUseOnly
  • Like 2

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 100 HY TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey Design SM10 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.5T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold TI

Scotty Cameron Timeless 2.5 SSS Tourtype Prototype

On 1/6/2021 at 8:43 AM, rwmck9 said:

Does that mean the white is going to be offered in the TX also at no upcharge? I see the blue is available now but not the white, although the white is shown in the shaft performance guide. 

Edited by FatThinShank

5 hours ago, FatThinShank said:

Does that mean the white is going to be offered in the TX also at no upcharge? I see the blue is available now but not the white, although the white is shown in the shaft performance guide. 

Yes, according to that Titleist rep at that time. Where do you see the blue available? I had my pro shop contact Titleist again yesterday about the blue and this is what they heard back:

"Though this shaft is listed as available in the catalogue, at this time we still haven’t received our shipment, it’s also not in our system yet, which is why you can’t see it, but also I am not able to enter it as a pre-order. It’s supposed to arrive end of January/early February. However with covid making a comeback and the shipping ports being backed up, I don’t know when exactly the shafts will get here."

Edited by rwmck9

3 minutes ago, FatThinShank said:

It doesn't show as an option on the titleist website but on some other stores like the PGA superstore and some local ones near me its an option online at least.

Oh gotcha. From my understanding, I'll have to make a special order through TXG (or other club fitter) or my pro shop directly with Titleist. Not expecting to see TX in standard purchase options at retailers 

Edited by rwmck9

1 minute ago, rwmck9 said:

Oh gotcha. From my understanding, I'll have to make a special order through TXG (or other club fitter) or my pro shop directly with Titleist. Not expecting to see TX in standard purchase options at retailers 

Having said that, I'm just speaking from experience with Canadian retailers that don't have very many options on their websites. PGA Superstore/other US retailers might be different

Edited by rwmck9

4 hours ago, rwmck9 said:

Having said that, I'm just speaking from experience with Canadian retailers that don't have very many options on their websites. PGA Superstore/other US retailers might be different

I was able to order the raw blue TX version in the TSi 2 fairway online from a local retailer in the US this morning so we will see. My only concern is just a delay in getting the actual shafts. 

Edited by FatThinShank

sorry if this is redundant from the points made above, but I'm still not 100% clear...

If I were to pre-order the Sim2, should I stay away from the factory option of "Tensei AV Raw Blue 60 in (X)" in the WRX opinion?

Dr - Sim2Max - 9* - Ventus Velo Black 6x @ 45in

5w - Sim2Ti - 19* @ 17.5* - Tensei AV Raw Blue FW 75 @ 42.25in

2 UDI - P790 - PX 6.5

4-AW - P790 - PX 6.5

56 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

60 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

Putter - Spider X Navy - Single Bend @ 34in

5 minutes ago, Matty_ICE15 said:

sorry if this is redundant from the points made above, but I'm still not 100% clear...

If I were to pre-order the Sim2, should I stay away from the factory option of "Tensei AV Raw Blue 60 in (X)" in the WRX opinion?

Still a decent shaft by all accounts. Just lacks the higher quality materials that it seems the TX version contains (according to this thread). For this reason I'm waiting for TX, it's no extra cost with Titleist (not sure what TM options are like) and just a little longer wait time which seems worth it to me 

On 6/8/2020 at 8:37 AM, Olddoncarlo said:

Has anyone tested these?

Are they for sale yet?

How do they compare to CK's?

Refreshed look with a newer Aluminum Vaper Coated Weave in the butt section, a visible cue of the added stability. The performance to Ck is very similar as the colors still represent the launch and spin characteristics. Blue is still Mid Launch/Low Spin. White is low launch/low spin, and Orange is counter balanced with a mid launch/low spin profile. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, FatThinShank said:

I was able to order the raw blue TX version in the TSi 2 fairway online from a local retailer in the US this morning so we will see. My only concern is just a delay in getting the actual shafts. 

So got a call this morning that they talked with Titleist and it sounds like the TX won’t be available until sometime in March. You can still order it but it will be a couple months before they have it in stock to build. 

1 hour ago, FatThinShank said:

So got a call this morning that they talked with Titleist and it sounds like the TX won’t be available until sometime in March. You can still order it but it will be a couple months before they have it in stock to build. 

That better not be the case

G430 Max 10K 9* w/Ventus Black 6X

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
TSr3 18* w/Ventus TR Blue 8X

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW w/MMT 125TX

W/S Forged 50* w/DG S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG S400

Spider S
TP5X 24'

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 6:19 PM, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Refreshed look with a newer Aluminum Vaper Coated Weave in the butt section, a visible cue of the added stability. The performance to Ck is very similar as the colors still represent the launch and spin characteristics. Blue is still Mid Launch/Low Spin. White is low launch/low spin, and Orange is counter balanced with a mid launch/low spin profile. 

So the CK Orange and Orange AV Raw are one and the same just a new look?  No change to feel or playing characteristics?  Looking for a smooth feeling Mid Launch/Low Spin and think the CK Orange is the way to go, but if the AV Raw feels better, then wish to go that route.  Thank you and stay safe.

2 hours ago, Landy said:

So the CK Orange and Orange AV Raw are one and the same just a new look?  No change to feel or playing characteristics?  Looking for a smooth feeling Mid Launch/Low Spin and think the CK Orange is the way to go, but if the AV Raw feels better, then wish to go that route.  Thank you and stay safe.

I asked the same thing while back. They are different enough with same profile it seems. AV being smoother feel with slightly higher launch is what I gathered. Should fit the window you're looking for.

Taylormade Stealth Plus 10.5 - Fujikura Evo II 665 X

Callaway Mavrik SZ 16.5* - Fujikura Speeder Evo V 757 X

4-PW Titleist CNCPT CP02 True Temper Monaco X

46, 50, 54, 60 Vokey SM9 Raw - True Temper Monaco X and S

Taylormade Spider Tour

9 minutes ago, Landy said:

Thank you JDS!  And did you have any feedback on spin?  Stay safe

I never got a direct one to one comparison on spin or I would have purchased myself!

Taylormade Stealth Plus 10.5 - Fujikura Evo II 665 X

Callaway Mavrik SZ 16.5* - Fujikura Speeder Evo V 757 X

4-PW Titleist CNCPT CP02 True Temper Monaco X

46, 50, 54, 60 Vokey SM9 Raw - True Temper Monaco X and S

Taylormade Spider Tour

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would share my experience today.  I was looking for a new driver and tested the TSi3, Mizuno STz, Sim 2 Max.  The TSi3 had the lowest spin of the 3 for me (averaged around 2500rpms) and felt and sound the best of the three.  We then went through about 5-6 shafts (Ventus Black, Ventus Blue, Evo VI, GD, AV Raw Blue).  I was surprised that the AV Raw Blue gave me the most consistent spin and dispersion.  I have always been a shaft snob, and have made my way through most of the premium shafts, both Japanese and U.S. over the years.  When I found out it was the stock option, I was surprised.   I almost didn't get it because it was the stock shaft, but the numbers didn't lie when we went back and forth between each of the shafts several times.  For whatever reason, this shaft was easier to square up than some of the other ones, and felt like "less work" to swing.  I have slowly come to the realization that the material upgrade of an ultra premium shaft is less important than finding a shaft that matches your swing.  I just ordered it today, we will see how it does on the course.

• Like 2

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

15 hours ago, Mob said:

Just thought I would share my experience today.  I was looking for a new driver and tested the TSi3, Mizuno STz, Sim 2 Max.  The TSi3 had the lowest spin of the 3 for me (averaged around 2500rpms) and felt and sound the best of the three.  We then went through about 5-6 shafts (Ventus Black, Ventus Blue, Evo VI, GD, AV Raw Blue).  I was surprised that the AV Raw Blue gave me the most consistent spin and dispersion.  I have always been a shaft snob, and have made my way through most of the premium shafts, both Japanese and U.S. over the years.  When I found out it was the stock option, I was surprised.   I almost didn't get it because it was the stock shaft, but the numbers didn't lie when we went back and forth between each of the shafts several times.  For whatever reason, this shaft was easier to square up than some of the other ones, and felt like "less work" to swing.  I have slowly come to the realization that the material upgrade of an ultra premium shaft is less important than finding a shaft that matches your swing.  I just ordered it today, we will see how it does on the course.

I had similar results on my prelim testing. Pleased to see AV blue had the best #'s for me as well - disclaimer, I didn't have access to the Ventus Black/Blue Velocore in 6x. Only had 7x to swing so I can't consider these apples to apples yet.

Dr - Sim2Max - 9* - Ventus Velo Black 6x @ 45in

5w - Sim2Ti - 19* @ 17.5* - Tensei AV Raw Blue FW 75 @ 42.25in

2 UDI - P790 - PX 6.5

4-AW - P790 - PX 6.5

56 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

60 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

Putter - Spider X Navy - Single Bend @ 34in

I used the GD Tour AD XC in my PING 410+ for a few months because the CK Orange was contributing to too much spin for me. I was pleasantly surprised that the AV Raw Orange was giving me great numbers with the 425. I still have the AD XC if I need it but I don't think I do. The AV Raw Orange feels and performs great for me.

Edited by sshadow2

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

2 hours ago, sshadow2 said:

I used the GD Tour AD XC in my PING 410+ for a few months because the CK Orange was contributing to too much spin for me. I was pleasantly surprised that the AV Raw Orange was giving me great numbers with the 425. I still have the AD XC if I need it but I don't think I do. The AV Raw Orange feels and performs great for me.

I just ordered a AV raw orange 85tx to pair with the g425lst, can’t wait 

17 hours ago, Mob said:

Hello - I also am looking to reduce my spin and be at those numbers.  Have a SIM Max with a Evo Vl and tried other shafts, but spin is still in the 3000-3200.  My F9 with the Atmos Blue was in the 2400-2500.  Looking for those numbers.  Will demo the same combo and see.  Thank you for the feedback.

On 7/25/2020 at 6:41 PM, Philomathesq said:

Doesn’t that beg the question, then? If the AV Blue and AV Raw Blue are the same, why isn’t the AV Raw Blue profile a copy-and-paste of the AV Blue?

They are pretty darn close... maybe within the accuracy of the equipment testing?

image.png.cd80128538c429e94dedddd3e4a57689.png

image.png.769d5826822cb737f3d2e9f56bd19fdc.png

Overlap

image.png.bb58b459f0747b1c39eccc6f736858cd.png