Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

2 hours ago, ksavy17 said:

Looks like Fitzpatrick has ditched the trusty 2017 M2 for the TSi3!!

gettyimages-1228955158-2048x2048.jpg

I just saw this! It has to be good with so many free agents making  the switch. I talked with my pro and he was very impressed with the TSI3 driver. He said he picked up 15 yards vs his previous gamer when he was fit last week. He said his ball speed went up around 6 mph. Sadly I am not sure what he is playing right now for a good comparison. 

Callaway Paradym TD 9*  Ventus BLK TR 7x

SIM Ti 15* Ventus BLK 8X

Srixon U85 18* Recoil 95 F5

Titleist T200 4i, Titleist T100 5-PW DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Raw 50.08 , 55.12, 60.04 TGrind DG S400

Scotty Cameron X5

7 hours ago, golffeen007 said:

Nothing new with that analogy. These shafts are real deal , same shafts that can be purchased aftermarket. The days of paint scheming the “made for” bland material shafts are an afterthought for manufacturers. 

Have you not seen the SIM with the Ventus shafts? That seems exactly what happened in that case. It is textbook "made for" that is basically indistinguishable from the aftermarket except for a tiny "Velocore" marking on the top of the real deal. That being said Titleist have been offering real aftermarket shafts for a while, although I don't remember them offering one as new as the Tensei Raw is...

Callaway Paradym 12* (-1Std) Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Ping G425 22* ADIZ85S

Ping G425 26* ADIZ85S

T100S 6-7 (1* weak) Aerotech FC115

T100 8-PW  Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50*  Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
SC Champ Choice Newport 2 Stability Shaft Tour

2 hours ago, mizunoMX25 said:

Have you not seen the SIM with the Ventus shafts? That seems exactly what happened in that case. It is textbook "made for" that is basically indistinguishable from the aftermarket except for a tiny "Velocore" marking on the top of the real deal. That being said Titleist have been offering real aftermarket shafts for a while, although I don't remember them offering one as new as the Tensei Raw is...

Yes , had one with black Velo 6x.

They weren't a "made for shaft" , it was a Ventus made by Fuji that just didnt have the Velocore Tech. 

Edited by golffeen007

14 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

Yes , had one with black Velo 6x. It wasn't a "made for shaft" , it was a Ventus made by Fuji that just didnt have the Velocore Tech. 

There are no Ventus Black’s that lack Velocore. Blue and Red May have no Velocore but Black always has it. 

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Current TMade Ventus is the only blatantly misleading shaft I know of in current lineups. 

8 hours ago, stockmd16 said:

Was fit yesterday along with some titleist staff members for the TSi3. Play a 7-10 yard fade typically. compared to my current gamer of mavrik SZ (9 turned down to 8*), ball speeds differences were 181 (SZ) to 186 (TSi3). Spin 2300 (SZ) and TSi3. Dispersion much tighter on TSi3. Gained approx 4 yards. Swing speed differences were 4 in favor of TSi3 but was on trackman so radar may have skewed based how it reads the different heads. Sound is pure and sets up perfect if you like slightly open to neutral. Fairway metals couldn't beat out my TM Ti SIM 3wood but very similar. 

New balls have updated dimple pattern but could not tell much of a difference between this year's version based on 18 holes of play. Should be starting to be shipped in January.

Hybrids start with fitting in late Jan and release in early Feb

You increased your ball speed by 5mph, and only gained 4 yards?  That doesn’t seem very efficient. 

Just now, JoeJoeJoeUrBoat said:

Anyone hear of Ventus being a stock offering for the TSi3? If it is, sign me up for a pre-order. 9 degree please and thank you. 

Not.  Happening.

12 hours ago, x100 said:

You increased your ball speed by 5mph, and only gained 4 yards?  That doesn’t seem very efficient. 

You would be correct in saying that 5mph doesn't equal 4 yards. But remember, I am comparing averages and not unicorn swings. I have plenty of unicorn ball flights with the mavrik SZ that launch at 14* and spin at 1900 but it is a pull or something that I cannot reproduce consistently with occasional fairway but also a spinny (3200) heel miss that is right and makes numbers pull back to avg 2300. This distorts the averages considerably with a small sample size of 20 swings per shaft(3 shafts-Tensei raw white TX, ventus black, GD IZ) plus current gamer setup of SZ with black ventus. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeJoeJoeUrBoat said:

You’re sure of this? 

Yes.  Depending on whom you order from anywhere from $225-$350 upgrade (Please don't pay $350, call someone else ha)

Edited by Stetson
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JoeJoeJoeUrBoat said:

You’re sure of this? 

Dead positive. They're the hottest shaft out right now. Except TM's "made for" version nobody is offering it without a major upcharge. And yes the Ventus Black has no made for from TM but you're not getting it stock either.

Callaway Paradym 12* (-1Std) Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Ping G425 22* ADIZ85S

Ping G425 26* ADIZ85S

T100S 6-7 (1* weak) Aerotech FC115

T100 8-PW  Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50*  Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
SC Champ Choice Newport 2 Stability Shaft Tour

I feel bad for anyone thinking they are getting a $350 shaft in a stock offering driver.  They have to be making their products dirt cheap to pay all employees, costs, and over head to sell them at a profit to retailers, and pay investors of the corporation.  Then they are resold at retail for enough money for retailers to have enough profit to pay salaries, commissions, and their own overhead costs.  Those shafts in stock drivers are not what you get aftermarket period....

Is the sleeve the same in TSI?

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

5 hours ago, Deuce78 said:

I feel bad for anyone thinking they are getting a $350 shaft in a stock offering driver.  They have to be making their products dirt cheap to pay all employees, costs, and over head to sell them at a profit to retailers, and pay investors of the corporation.  Then they are resold at retail for enough money for retailers to have enough profit to pay salaries, commissions, and their own overhead costs.  Those shafts in stock drivers are not what you get aftermarket period....

Is the sleeve the same in TSI?

Why would you feel bad?

Just compare buying the stock shafts retail from Will or JD, adding the grip and adapter, and you’ll see there’s a reason why the MSRP is the highest of any driver right now.

They’re the real shafts, just not the TX iterations which have a higher tolerance for build materials and production detail.

17 minutes ago, therealjonzone said:

Why would you feel bad?

Just compare buying the stock shafts retail from Will or JD, adding the grip and adapter, and you’ll see there’s a reason why the MSRP is the highest of any driver right now.

They’re the real shafts, just not the TX iterations which have a higher tolerance for build materials and production detail.

I believe he wa srederring to the poster that asked if Ventus Black was stock. When I indicated it was not stock that same posted asked “are you sure”. So he was simply stating the Ventus Black is not stock. 

I don't get fit for this until November.  I just hope the Rep at least lets me try out other shafts than just what is offered stock.  The last two iterations that I was fit for, not one time was I offered anything else other than stock.  I always feel like the Rep's are always pushing the stock shafts when I think it would be the other way around.  

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

The 60x ventus black is a beast. It won’t go left and it’s feel isn’t wonderful.  It feels like an aldila Proto or the Phenom nl tx, both of which I gamed.

I am looking for holy grail of some feel and anti left. Still haven’t found it after 20+ years of searching and probably never will. Maybe the original rip alpha red eyes was close. So I’ll give the new rip x a shot.  

I have owned many tx’s in my time, commonality is that anything tx in a mid or higher launch shaft is reduced to low launch with the tx label. The tx is legit, torque is reduced by at least a half degree by better materials but turns the original spirit of the shaft into a low launch monster. All you have to look is at the Maltby bend profiles. Tx = anti hook and low launch.  The difference between a tensei pro blue x vs tx is night and day.  

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

On 10/9/2020 at 2:57 PM, therealjonzone said:

Why would you feel bad?

Generally speaking, so far the "TX" label with Aldila, Mitsubishi, and True Temper denotes what is basically a different shaft, not just tolerance and detail. The attempt to legitimize the OEM shafts as "real" by selling them aftermarket is just that, a marketing attempt. The quality of OEM shafts has arguably increased over the last decade for sure, but we are still seeing the same or similar differences now between the TX and non-TX shafts with those companies that we used to see between the "OEM" and "Real Deal" aftermarket shafts. HZRDUS Green TX, Aldila Rogue White TX, Tensei AV Raw TX....all completely different shafts from a design, profile, material, and construction standpoint (I can support this claim with profile data if interested). 

It's a bean counting move, plain and simple. An entire shaft line that utilizes the same premium construction from X-flex all the way down to Regular/Senior is ultimately inefficient from a money making standpoint. Most people that want/need a premium product are going to be in at least a stiff flex, and i'd imagine a majority of the slower swinging golfing public aren't so interested in spending $350+ on a shaft. So we are now seeing a move towards a sort of bifurcation within shaft lines with the premium product only being the stiffest flex in most cases. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

5 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

Generally speaking, so far the "TX" label with Aldila, Mitsubishi, and True Temper denotes what is basically a different shaft, not just tolerance and detail. The attempt to legitimize the OEM shafts as "real" by selling them aftermarket is just that, a marketing attempt. The quality of OEM shafts has arguably increased over the last decade for sure, but we are still seeing the same or similar differences now between the TX and non-TX shafts with those companies that we used to see between the "OEM" and "Real Deal" aftermarket shafts. HZRDUS Green TX, Aldila Rogue White TX, Tensei AV Raw TX....all completely different shafts from a design, profile, material, and construction standpoint (I can support this claim with profile data if interested). 

It's a bean counting move, plain and simple. An entire shaft line that utilizes the same premium construction from X-flex all the way down to Regular/Senior is ultimately inefficient from a money making standpoint. Most people that want/need a premium product are going to be in at least a stiff flex, and i'd imagine a majority of the slower swinging golfing public aren't so interested in spending $350+ on a shaft. So we are now seeing a move towards a sort of bifurcation within shaft lines with the premium product only being the stiffest flex in most cases. 

+1 

Would love to try the rogue white tx.  Arguably the black ventus x should be a “tx”

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

9 minutes ago, Lemonde said:

+1 

Would love to try the rogue white tx.  Arguably the black ventus x should be a “tx”

The Rogue White TX is strange to me because it seems to be the same profile as the Rogue Silver, just a tiny bit stiffer and with a tiny bit higher balance point. 

As far as Fujikura is concerned, they seem to only use "TX" as a designation for something that is tour only/tour issued, usually at a heavier than retail weight e.g. Atmos Black 9TX. So in terms of that and what Fujikura have said in the past, TX for them is not a design or material difference, just a weight/availability one. 

Graphite Design however uses it in the only way that actually makes sense; simply a flex above "X". 

Edited by Valtiel

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

23 minutes ago, youngunz5840 said:

Just placed an order with DD. Ordered with tensei raw white 60x but will probably put my tour ad xc in it. Hopefully since I’m ordering now I’ll get lucky and get it before the release date. 

DD is taking preorders now? 

16 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

please provide any information on the difference. Including details on if any are more linear feeling vs mid soft or load/unload.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 10:09 PM, rollingrock said:

I call them like I see them!  I thought I could always count on Titleist to deliver classy looks, but I guess those days are over. 

It's all class at address on the TSi3 imo. I dont understand why the way the sole and face looks bothers people. The alignment aid on drivers becomes background music for me so no issue there. This thing performs, thats evident with how many staffers switched the week of a major and now a hand full of free agents have made the switch. A bunch of people on here that have had the opportunity to hit have all talked about gains. Seems like it would be vanity and stubbornness would be the only reason to bash it, could that be the case? 

• Like 1

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic