BallerNate’s WITB

18 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Special delivery yesterday! Since I’m planning on a 3 wedge setup this season, I’ve been considering testing a PW-52-58 setup vs my current PW-54-60 SM9 setup.

Looked at all the wedge options including the RTX Zipcore 6, but prefer the look of the Zipcore’s and feel like I probably gave up too quickly on them last time.

Courses will be opening up here this week, so looking forward to getting out and testing the different setup options! 

1550DAE8-36D9-42FC-8A02-41460CFB9412.jpeg

AFB96072-28C6-4270-BFB9-090A9E555A14.jpeg

4E92C67C-6B93-46FB-A57B-FBD03A7ECE8F.jpeg

SICK WEDGES!!!!  I am playing a simmler set up i have a 46* pw 52 wedge bent to 53 and a 58 in a set of raw Cleveland rtx wedges

• Thanks 1

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024

DRIVER - TAYLORMADE M5 9* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE GREEN 70 6.5

3WOOD- TAYLORMADE M6 15* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK 80 6.5

DRIVING IRON- TAYLORMADE SIM UDI #2 MITSUBISHI DIAMANA THUMP HYBRID 100 XSTIFF

3-PW- MIZUNO MP-53 DYNAMIC GOLD S300

WEDGES- TITLEIST VOKEY SM6 53*S /58*S DYNAMIC GOLD WEDGE

PUTTER- PING G2 ANSER 33.5"  PING PP58 MIDSIZE 

BALL- 21 TAYLORMADE TP5X / 23 SRIXON Z STAR

GRIPS- GOLF PRIDE TOUR VELVET PLUS 4 STANDARD

9 hours ago, Shanks2424 said:

SICK WEDGES!!!!  I am playing a simmler set up i have a 46* pw 52 wedge bent to 53 and a 58 in a set of raw Cleveland rtx wedges

Thanks my man! I’ve been taking a hard look at all the wedge options released over the last couple of years, and the Zipcores check off the most boxes for me!

I like the SM9’s too, but I find it kind of boring that it seems like EVERYONE uses them. I guess I prefer doing something a little different and do my own thing.

Zipcores in raw would be awesome for sure too! I don’t mind all raw heads, just hate the trend of just raw faces.

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

5 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Thanks my man! I’ve been taking a hard look at all the wedge options released over the last couple of years, and the Zipcores check off the most boxes for me!

I like the SM9’s too, but I find it kind of boring that it seems like EVERYONE uses them. I guess I prefer doing something a little different and do my own thing.

Zipcores in raw would be awesome for sure too! I don’t mind all raw heads, just hate the trend of just raw faces.

I don’t like the raw face thing too give me a full raw wedge

• Like 1

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024

DRIVER - TAYLORMADE M5 9* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE GREEN 70 6.5

3WOOD- TAYLORMADE M6 15* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK 80 6.5

DRIVING IRON- TAYLORMADE SIM UDI #2 MITSUBISHI DIAMANA THUMP HYBRID 100 XSTIFF

3-PW- MIZUNO MP-53 DYNAMIC GOLD S300

WEDGES- TITLEIST VOKEY SM6 53*S /58*S DYNAMIC GOLD WEDGE

PUTTER- PING G2 ANSER 33.5"  PING PP58 MIDSIZE 

BALL- 21 TAYLORMADE TP5X / 23 SRIXON Z STAR

GRIPS- GOLF PRIDE TOUR VELVET PLUS 4 STANDARD

16 hours ago, BallerNate said:

The Tour Rack are the raw version. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

5 hours ago, MattM97 said:

The Tour Rack are the raw version. 

Yeah, Tour Rack’s are beauties for sure!

I’m just a little obsessive about the finishes of my wedges matching the finishes of my irons.

I’d be one of those people that would have to get Black irons if I bought Black wedges or vice-versa…having different finishes would drive me nuts, Lol!

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah, Tour Rack’s are beauties for sure!

I’m just a little obsessive about the finishes of my wedges matching the finishes of my irons.

I’d be one of those people that would have to get Black irons if I bought Black wedges or vice-versa…having different finishes would drive me nuts, Lol!

Gotcha for me I don't mind different that way I can also change the shot and what not I have to hit in my head, just a visual thing. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Love the set up. I'm also using RTX ZipCore Tour Rack, 3 wedge set up like you. (P, 52, 58) I went with the PX 6.0 Wedge shafts. Really stable so far. 

• Like 1

--------------------------

witb

ping g430 lst 9* tour 2.0 chrome 75x

titleist tsr2 7w 21* tensei 1k black 85x

cobra king tour 5-p kbs $-taper 130

ping glide 4.0 50S 56S z-z115

tm spider tour cb 38"

5 hours ago, charlokim said:

Love the set up. I'm also using RTX ZipCore Tour Rack, 3 wedge set up like you. (P, 52, 58) I went with the PX 6.0 Wedge shafts. Really stable so far. 

Thanks man, much appreciated!

PX 6.0 wedge shafts in RTX Zipcores sound absolutely incredible!! I’ve got PX Rifle 6.0 in my irons and absolutely love them!

We’ll see how it goes, but I’m looking forward to giving the Zipcores lots of opportunity this season and see how they perform!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

6 hours ago, J_HY said:

Awesome setup. Does that 17*UW give up much to a 3w in your experience? How is the gapping between that, the hybrid and the 4u?

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words man, much appreciated!!

Honestly, I picked up the 17* UW right at the end of the season, so I think I only got 1 round in with it and 1 range session.

The early results were very good though  and from what I experienced so far it compares very favourably to a 3W.

It looks like it’s what it’s meant to be, a cross between a Fairway and a Hybrid. Time will tell, but I think it’s going to be very good.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

• 3 weeks later...

What’s up Everybody! Haven’t done an update for a while because I’ve been waiting for a couple of custom orders.

After putting a ‘23 P770 5-iron in the bag to combo with my P7MC’s, I was hitting some incredible shots with it and fell in love! I decided to put in an order for a P770 6-iron and I’m absolutely loving that as well!

So you know what happened next. I figured if I like the 5-iron and 6-iron that much, it only made sense to order the 7-PW as well.

Unfortunately after ordering them on April 30th, I just heard today at my Golf shop that TM says on their site my 7-PW won’t be in until July 11th…Ugh! Really hope that’s not the case because I absolutely can’t wait to complete the set ASAP! 

1BABFF7D-72AA-427D-BA60-78A78EACE92C.jpeg

2CF901C3-302D-4F8F-9A51-E04BC586ABBA.jpeg

5EBF6D0D-7A66-478B-AD0E-EAFA217D0726.jpeg

92D1A9A5-FB23-40A1-A210-6CD91804F3C1.jpeg

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

How did you go with the P-7MC? Not gelling or? 

• Like 1

2024:

Dr: Mizuno ST-Z 220 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60 S and MCC+4 Midsize

F: Taylormade Stealth 2 w/ Oban Devotion HB 65.05 and MCC+4 Midsize

U: Titleist U505 2i 18° w/ Hazardus Black 6.0 and MCC+4 Midsize 

I: Titleist T100s w/ Project X LZ 6.0 (+0.50") and MCC+4 Midsize (4-P)  

SW: Vokey SM9 54D 12° w/ Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.50") and MCC+4 Midsize    

P: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven (35")

B: Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide or whatever is cheap

1 hour ago, TreqJosh said:

How did you go with the P-7MC? Not gelling or? 

Here’s how I would answer that question and summarize my experience with the P7MC’s so far.

First off, they’re absolutely gorgeous, and I would say they are very consistent in terms of distances. Those are the positives.

The negatives are that I couldn’t hit the 5-iron or 6-iron at all, and the feel with them isn’t really what I expected with that type of premium Muscle-Cavity/borderline Blade.

What I mean by the disappointment in the feel is that they feel very dull and solid. There isn’t any kind of softness or spring off the face and they are just very harsh.

I could game the 7-PW, and will keep them in the bag until the new P770’s come. But when I compare the P7MC to the P770, I find that the P770 feels just as good if not better. But I enjoy the pop off the face and the extra distance with the P770, and the added launch also makes shots more enjoyable.

It’s the whole thing of just playing what you enjoy and feels good, and the P7MC’s are probably just too harsh and demanding for where I’m currently at with my ball-striking.

• Like 3

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

4 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Here’s how I would answer that question and summarize my experience with the P7MC’s so far.

First off, they’re absolutely gorgeous, and I would say they are very consistent in terms of distances. Those are the positives.

The negatives are that I couldn’t hit the 5-iron or 6-iron at all, and the feel with them isn’t really what I expected with that type of premium Muscle-Cavity/borderline Blade.

What I mean by the disappointment in the feel is that they feel very dull and solid. There isn’t any kind of softness or spring off the face and they are just very harsh.

I could game the 7-PW, and will keep them in the bag until the new P770’s come. But when I compare the P7MC to the P770, I find that the P770 feels just as good if not better. But I enjoy the pop off the face and the extra distance with the P770, and the added launch also makes shots more enjoyable.

It’s the whole thing of just playing what you enjoy and feels good, and the P7MC’s are probably just too harsh and demanding for where I’m currently at with my ball-striking.

And some of it has to do what fits your eye so to speak or I think in your case it is all about the feel for you. 

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

8 hours ago, BIG STU said:

And some of it has to do what fits your eye so to speak or I think in your case it is all about the feel for you. 

Yeah, I would say I have no problem with looking down on the P7MC 6-PW, and I think they’re gorgeous clubs.

For me it’s definitely more of the feel, the sound, and the performance that I prefer with the ‘23 P770.

The P7MC just has a dead thud sound coming off the face, and a dull feeling. But the P770 has a nice crisp thwap sound, and love the soft springy feel off the face!

I really liked the Srixon ZX7 and would go back to those or the MK II’s if not for the V-sole. And to me the P770 have a similar feel and pop without the V-Sole being an issue.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

6 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah, I would say I have no problem with looking down on the P7MC 6-PW, and I think they’re gorgeous clubs.

For me it’s definitely more of the feel, the sound, and the performance that I prefer with the ‘23 P770.

The P7MC just has a dead thud sound coming off the face, and a dull feeling. But the P770 has a nice crisp thwap sound, and love the soft springy feel off the face!

I really liked the Srixon ZX7 and would go back to those or the MK II’s if not for the V-sole. And to me the P770 have a similar feel and pop without the V-Sole being an issue.

Have you tried out the T100S? I personally think they are as forgiving as P770s if not easier. Look better at address too. 

Edited by BostonWRX
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BostonWRX said:

Have you tried out the T100S? I personally think they are as forgiving as P770s if not easier. Look better at address too. 

I haven’t tried the T100s unfortunately. I had AP2 714’s, so T100 or T100s would’ve been the next logical step.

For me the issue with the T100 and T100s though is that they’re so compact. The small size of the head and the super thin top line are just very intimidating for me, and I’d say the P7MC’s psychologically are probably the smallest I could go with an Iron head.

I’ve heard great things about them though, so you never know how things will work out in the future.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

9 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Our course is heavy into Srixon. Now I have tried the ZX7 and tend to agree with you on the feel. Like you I do not like the V-Sole. I hit about 10 balls with our Owners son's 7&9 irons. To be completely fair his clubs had a little too much shaft for me with the heavy steel KBS shafts. One of the reasons I hit his 7&9 irons is because basically I can hit any wedge regardless of the shaft as for some reason I can hit about any 8 iron. I figured I could not get the 5&6 airborne very well. I have not hit any P-770s yet. For health reasons I have recently switched to the irons in my signature, Coming from flat sole blade Macgregor irons those have a little sole camber for me and I am still getting used to them but I do like the feel. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Our course is heavy into Srixon. Now I have tried the ZX7 and tend to agree with you on the feel. Like you I do not like the V-Sole. I hit about 10 balls with our Owners son's 7&9 irons. To be completely fair his clubs had a little too much shaft for me with the heavy steel KBS shafts. One of the reasons I hit his 7&9 irons is because basically I can hit any wedge regardless of the shaft as for some reason I can hit about any 8 iron. I figured I could not get the 5&6 airborne very well. I have not hit any P-770s yet. For health reasons I have recently switched to the irons in my signature, Coming from flat sole blade Macgregor irons those have a little sole camber for me and I am still getting used to them but I do like the feel. 

Yeah, all about what works best for your game. Just checked out your sig...I used to have a combo set of '14 TM Tour Preferred MC/MB also and absolutely loved them!

They are actually a big reason why I wanted to try the P7MC...I figured they would be an updated version of the TP MC's. From what I can remember though, I think the TP MC's felt better...might be something to do with the Forging process and the type of steel they used.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

10 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah, all about what works best for your game. Just checked out your sig...I used to have a combo set of '14 TM Tour Preferred MC/MB also and absolutely loved them!

They are actually a big reason why I wanted to try the P7MC...I figured they would be an updated version of the TP MC's. From what I can remember though, I think the TP MC's felt better...might be something to do with the Forging process and the type of steel they used.

I love those irons and the Steelfiber shaft. And they do hit good and have a great feel for CBs. Yes feel is all about the type steel used and the properties of that steel and how it was processed. I am still adjusting to those having played blades most of my life. Yes it is great conversing with you as you understand what feel is all about. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JA_357 said:

Those look damn schmick. The P770s were my no. 2 choice during my fitting, but the Mizunos 923F ultimately won out (still waiting). Look forward to hearing how they play.

Thanks…I agree, they’re gorgeous for sure!

The Mizzy 923’s are beautiful too…haven’t been able to test them out yet though.

On my way to the course for my first round with the full P770 set, so will let you guys know how it goes!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

You have a basketball rack in your living room? I love it

How are those balls so clean? You're not using them outside? Do you have an indoor hoop?

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

BTW you will be happy to know that at my company business review in California a couple of months ago.... i showed up , talked trash to all the young kids at our corporate, and then beat them in a 3pt contest while yelling "i tried to warn you"

I made 19 of 25 threes in my last round. Hadn't shot a ball in 10 years! LOL

• Haha 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

2 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

You have a basketball rack in your living room? I love it

How are those balls so clean? You're not using them outside? Do you have an indoor hoop?

2 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

BTW you will be happy to know that at my company business review in California a couple of months ago.... i showed up , talked trash to all the young kids at our corporate, and then beat them in a 3pt contest while yelling "i tried to warn you"

I made 19 of 25 threes in my last round. Hadn't shot a ball in 10 years! LOL

Bahaha…nice!!

Yup, they don’t call me “BallerNate” for nothing, Lol!!

No, we just have an outdoor hoop unfortunately. I keep my balls clean like I keep my clubs clean! 😉🤣

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 5/17/2023 at 6:51 PM, BallerNate said:

Surprise delivery today…couldn’t be more pumped!!

Last time I was at my Golf shop they told me my irons wouldn’t come in until July 11th. And then I got a magic call today!!

Putting the P770’s straight in play tomorrow morning…can’t wait! 🎯🎯 

6977E761-20BE-4CCC-94D2-6C7B136F4486.jpeg

D2459F13-EADC-4C27-B9DA-DB84B53EA886.jpeg

E1E84369-C461-4F56-95F6-6EA2780D9530.jpeg

Nice, now can combo the 770s and PMCs and have a super set. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

3 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Nice, now can combo the 770s and PMCs and have a super set. 

I actually decided to go with a full set of P770’s.

Started off with just the 5-iron, then the 6-iron. I loved them so much that I started wishing that I was reaching for P770’s for every club instead of the P7MC’s.

I just prefer the additional distance, launch, and forgiveness…but to me they also feel just as good if not better.

If the P7MC’s felt better or I felt like there was better control with them over the P770’s, I would’ve kept them in the bag in the 8-PW, but the P770’s feel great and control is excellent as well!

Edited by BallerNate

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 minute ago, BallerNate said:

I actually decided to go with a full set of P770’s.

Started off with just the 5-iron, then the 6-iron. I loved them so much that I just wished that I was reaching for P770’s for every club instead of the P7MC’s.

I just prefer the additional distance, launch, and forgiveness…but to me they also feel just as good if not better.

If the P7MC’s felt better or I felt like there was better control with them over the P770’s, I would’ve kept them in the bag in the 8-PW, but the P770’s feel great and control is excellent as well!

That's fair why make this difficult game even harder right? The P7MC are really nice I may ask to test them but the P770s seem to have filled a void that TM has been missing in their irons for a while, they may be something I test. 

Hopefully you get really comfortable with these and have a good year, the season is moving fast and I don't like it lol. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread