BallerNate’s WITB

Wellness check😂…two weeks with no new posts, everything ok up in the maritimes?

• Haha 2

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

2 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

Wellness check😂…two weeks with no new posts, everything ok up in the maritimes?

Bahaha!!

All good on this end Mike, thanks for checking in, Lol.

Just picked up another SIM2 Ti in good shape yesterday with a Tensei AV Blue 65 S shaft, so will test that head-to-head with my current one with the CK Orange 65 S shaft!

I’m going to pick up new wedges soon as well. Like my first go-round with the RTX Zipcores, I love the feel and looks, but they spin too much and launch too high. Probably the Spinner shafts, but not sure.

After checking all the current options on the market though, I think I’m going to try to hang in there and wait for the new TM MG4’s. Can’t wait for those beauties to hit stores!! 😍😍

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Glad all is well! I’m currently on my 10th driver in the last 30 days but had to go back in time and spent less than $10 on it but old stuff seems to just work for me😂 I’m not sure if this thread is a buy equipment contagion.

• Haha 1

Ping Tour 60* wedge

15 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

Glad all is well! I’m currently on my 10th driver in the last 30 days but had to go back in time and spent less than $10 on it but old stuff seems to just work for me😂 I’m not sure if this thread is a buy equipment contagion.

🤣🤣 10 Drivers in 30 days…jeez man, that’s making my bag look super stable, Lol!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, BallerNate said:

🤣🤣 10 Drivers in 30 days…jeez man, that’s making my bag look super stable, Lol!

No doubt about it, I think I finally have one that works (could also be the improvements through swing changes) so hoping it lasts the summer

• Like 1

Ping Tour 60* wedge

11 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

There’s some kind of magic in my P770 PW! I scored my 2nd Chip-In Eagle in the last month yesterday, this one from 80yds with another smooth easy 3/4 swing!

The last one I couldn’t see because it was over a hill, but this one my buddies and I got to watch…slightly downhill over a water hazard!! 🦅🔥

The other update is that I’ll be testing another new ball. Giving the TM Tour Response a go with 2 boxes.

For all the people that want the Noodle Long & Soft out of my bag, here is another head-to-head test, Lol.

The Noodle is solid, but I know I’m losing distance with them because they’re so soft, and the ball flight off the Tee isn’t as piercing as I get with some other balls. We’ll see how it goes with the Tour Response! 

96ABF7BA-98C6-478F-903A-517ED0A4F247.jpeg

A46FD3E9-E9BE-4D6A-994D-CD11ED7D74AF.jpeg

I thought you were joking when you said you were still playing a noodle. That is awesome that it's stayed in the bag and not following the norm. 

I'm currently back on the standard chromesoft. I can't find another ball that flys as straight off the tee. If it works it works.

• Haha 1

Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*, UST Attas Prototype DK 7x 44.5"

5wood: Ping G400 16.5*, Ping Tour 7x 42"

2iron: Srixon ZX 18* , Aerotech steelfiber i95s, 1* Flat standard Length.

3hybrid: Ping G410 20* Flat, Fujikura 2.0 8x

4&5irons: Ping i200 , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

6-pw: Ping i Blade , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 52* & 58* , Aerotech Steelfiber i95s. 1*Flat

Putter: Nike Method 001 "Oven" flowneck.

Grips: Lamkin UTX 

Ball: Vice Pro Plus (white & Neon yellow)

I used to play Pro V1x all the time now I have changed and play now the Srixon Zstar and Taylormade TP5. 

• Like 2

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024

DRIVER - TAYLORMADE M5 9* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE GREEN 70 6.5

3WOOD- TAYLORMADE M6 15* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK 80 6.5

DRIVING IRON- TAYLORMADE SIM UDI #2 MITSUBISHI DIAMANA THUMP HYBRID 100 XSTIFF

3-PW- MIZUNO MP-53 DYNAMIC GOLD S300

WEDGES- TITLEIST VOKEY SM6 53*S /58*S DYNAMIC GOLD WEDGE

PUTTER- PING G2 ANSER 33.5"  PING PP58 MIDSIZE 

BALL- 21 TAYLORMADE TP5X / 23 SRIXON Z STAR

GRIPS- GOLF PRIDE TOUR VELVET PLUS 4 STANDARD

9 hours ago, Longballjock said:

I thought you were joking when you said you were still playing a noodle. That is awesome that it's stayed in the bag and not following the norm. 

I'm currently back on the standard chromesoft. I can't find another ball that flys as straight off the tee. If it works it works.

Haha!! No, I was dead serious about the Noodle Long & Soft being my go-to ball, Lol.

I just started playing Golf in June 2020 during COVID lockdowns, and just hadn’t found any balls that were clearly better for my game than the Noodle.

But to be fair, a lot of that was cost as well, because even last season there were rounds where I could lose over 12 balls in a round, Lol!

Now I’m at the point where I will lose 1 or max 2 balls per round, and I can see more of the differences that balls make. 

I still think Noodle is an underrated and solid ball, but for sure I’m losing some performance off the Tee and potentially in other parts of the game by not using a firmer and better quality ball.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

7 hours ago, Shanks2424 said:

I used to play Pro V1x all the time now I have changed and play now the Srixon Zstar and Taylormade TP5. 

Yeah man, all about what works best for you and your game.

The times I’ve tested Pro VI and Pro VIX, I just find them too firm/hard for my swing speed.

I prefer softer balls, but hoping a little more firmness and compression will give me more piercing ball-flight off the Tee and a little more distance. Time will tell!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, BallerNate said:

The times I’ve tested Pro VI and Pro VIX, I just find them too firm/hard for my swing speed.

I prefer softer balls, but hoping a little more firmness and compression will give me more piercing ball-flight off the Tee and a little more distance. Time will tell!

Try the Srixon Zstar and the Srixon Qstar Tour or even the Qstar you will be impressed the Zstar is my number one ball right now 2nd is Taylormade Tp5

Edited by Shanks2424
  • Like 1

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024

8 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Cannot agree more with this sentiment. Over the past 2 years I have moved to a yellow golf ball, I chip and punch out with a strange stance and I swing on a single plane into a bent left leg. Never had more speed and havent played this well since college. Do what works, play what works... not what consumer marketing tells you!

As aside, I loved that noodle ball when it came out... sneaky good and sure it still holds up! Something to keep an eye out for as you play though is that the combo of lower spin irons and a lower spin ball (as low compression balls are) can cause some inconsistency in spin and therefore distance control (control in general). When you are experimenting I concur with Shanks2424 in that Srixon offers some lovely choices that offer spin at lower compression. The Z Star is a great ball in that regard. Feels soft but you get loads more spin on irons and around the green. Bridgestons RX, RXS and the B series balls are also worth a look. The covers on Srixon and Bridgestone are formulated differently to Titleist. Personally, (and I played the ProV1x for years) I find the Titleist to be hard and clicky by comparison (although its great around the greens). 

Enjoying your club journey, keep us posted!

• Like 2

Srixon ZX5 LS Driver, Project X Hzrdus Black, 70g 6.5

Cobra Fly Z Fairway, UST Elements Fire, 7F5 

Cobra Fly Z Hybrid, Aldila Tour Blue ATX85H 2.3-X

Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-PW, True Temper X100

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Biomech Acculock Ace / Ping B90 Broomstick

12 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Probably out of the price range but Chrome Soft? or even the Tour B RX or RXS. 

Maybe the Titleist Tour Speed as well. 

Lots to test I think I was ball testing forever. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

8 hours ago, ewaldbeukes said:

Cannot agree more with this sentiment. Over the past 2 years I have moved to a yellow golf ball, I chip and punch out with a strange stance and I swing on a single plane into a bent left leg. Never had more speed and havent played this well since college. Do what works, play what works... not what consumer marketing tells you!

As aside, I loved that noodle ball when it came out... sneaky good and sure it still holds up! Something to keep an eye out for as you play though is that the combo of lower spin irons and a lower spin ball (as low compression balls are) can cause some inconsistency in spin and therefore distance control (control in general). When you are experimenting I concur with Shanks2424 in that Srixon offers some lovely choices that offer spin at lower compression. The Z Star is a great ball in that regard. Feels soft but you get loads more spin on irons and around the green. Bridgestons RX, RXS and the B series balls are also worth a look. The covers on Srixon and Bridgestone are formulated differently to Titleist. Personally, (and I played the ProV1x for years) I find the Titleist to be hard and clicky by comparison (although its great around the greens). 

I agree with ewaldbeukes the Srixon is a a soft ball that spins and I like the feel better then pro v1 and pro v1x. TP5 feels very close to the Srixon

• Like 2

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024

16 hours ago, ewaldbeukes said:

Yup, at 6’7 every part of my game is untraditional, Lol.

That’s what I’ve found is such a huge part of Golf…trial and error for equipment, swing, shot types etc.

I’ve tried some of the Srixon and Bridgestone balls in the past, but should probably circle back and test again now that I’m further along with my game.

Thanks though my man, will keep you guys posted for sure!

Edited by BallerNate

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

11 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Probably out of the price range but Chrome Soft? or even the Tour B RX or RXS. 

Maybe the Titleist Tour Speed as well. 

Lots to test I think I was ball testing forever. 

I mean, nothing is really out of my price range if I think it will help my game.

I’d even buy Pro V1 or Pro V1X if I believed they were a fit and would help my game. 

I’ll keep those in mind for future testing for sure if the Tour Response don’t work out…we’ll see.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

7 hours ago, Shanks2424 said:

I agree with ewaldbeukes the Srixon is a a soft ball that spins and I like the feel better then pro v1 and pro v1x. TP5 feels very close to the Srixon

Good to know!

Yeah, the only Srixon balls I’ve tried were the Q-Star and the Soft Feel, but that was a while ago while I sucked, so should probably give them another shot sometime!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, CDLgolf said:

I've been using the Tour response ball lately and think it's a good ball. Flies plenty far, holds the greens and feels good. Hopefully it works for you.

Good to hear a positive experience on them! Yeah, I’ve had a history of really liking TM balls, but they always seem to get discontinued unfortunately, Lol.

Obviously I liked the Noodle, but also really liked the V3 Speed, and the Soft Response (Costco), which were both discontinued.

I played the RBZ Soft for a while last year too, but they seemed to be almost exactly like the Noodles.

Time will tell on the Tour Response, but liked what I saw with a little bit of testing during my last round.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

19 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Good to know!

Yeah, the only Srixon balls I’ve tried were the Q-Star and the Soft Feel, but that was a while ago while I sucked, so should probably give them another shot sometime!

I also use the q star tour and think it's very similar to the tour response. 

Both are good balls that you don't have to break the bank to use.

• Like 1

Callaway mavrik max 10.5

Callaway mavrik max 3 & 5 wood
Ping g30  26* & 30* hybrids
Ping i200 6 - UW

Ping glide 54* & 60* wedges
Odyssey #7 putter

5 hours ago, CDLgolf said:

I also use the q star tour and think it's very similar to the tour response. 

Both are good balls that you don't have to break the bank to use.

Awesome, good to hear!

Looking forward to testing the Tour Response over the next couple of weeks, and will definitely add the Q Star to the top of the list to test out if those don’t work out!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Deleted

Edited by BallerNate

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Just an update on balls. I appreciate everyone who sent me ball recommendations and feedback.

Over the next couple of weeks I’ll be testing the TM Tour Response, Srixon Q-Star, Z-Star, and the Bridgestone e12.

I’ve got a big Tournament this week, so will stick with the Tour Response that I’ve tested a little bit already while going for a Championship! But going into next week I’ll give the other ones some reps as well! 

D4376009-A818-4A48-A101-EC27C5603448.jpeg

• Like 4

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 8/1/2023 at 9:56 AM, BallerNate said:

Just an update on balls. I appreciate everyone who sent me ball recommendations and feedback.

Over the next couple of weeks I’ll be testing the TM Tour Response, Srixon Q-Star, Z-Star, and the Bridgestone e12.

I’ve got a big Tournament this week, so will stick with the Tour Response that I’ve tested a little bit already while going for a Championship! But going into next week I’ll give the other ones some reps as well! 

Sweet dude good luck I am playing with my son Sunday and we are walking 18. I cant remember the last time I walked. I am also excited because I get to play my new Srixon Zstar balls.

• Like 1

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024

5 hours ago, Shanks2424 said:

Sweet dude good luck I am playing with my son Sunday and we are walking 18. I cant remember the last time I walked. I am also excited because I get to play my new Srixon Zstar balls.

Nice my man, enjoy the round with your son!

Those moments are precious, especially with how quickly they grow up! Going to have to get my son out for a round soon too…Summer is flyyyyyyying by!! 🤯🤯

• Like 3

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 8/1/2023 at 10:56 AM, BallerNate said:

I mostly play Srixon Q Star Tours and Srixon Marathons because I have won so many in club comps. Now I do find balls without trying and I did find a couple of TM Tour Response in the last 2 weeks. Both were darn near new. Played them in the league Tuesday and was impressed with the performance

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I mostly play Srixon Q Star Tours and Srixon Marathons because I have won so many in club comps. Now I do find balls without trying and I did find a couple of TM Tour Response in the last 2 weeks. Both were darn near new. Played them in the league Tuesday and was impressed with the performance

Definitely all about playing what works best for you!

I played a round yesterday with the Tour Response, and tested the Q-Star, and threw in the Noodle as well to see how they all compared head-to-head.

For me the Tour Response performed the best for my game and will be my go-to ball for the next little while!

I still like the Noodle, but they’re probably a little too soft for me, and the Q-Star are just a little too low spin and firm for me.

• Like 2

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

• 2 weeks later...

Got the news yesterday about the ability to Pre-order the new TM MG4 wedges, so you know where I was today!!

Picture Fred Flintstone running and jumping into his car at the end of work (for all my old-school guys)….YABBA-DABBA-DOO!!! 
Excited Happy Hour GIF by Boomerang Official

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 2

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX