2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

BallerNate’s WITB

2 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

You need to find an old Dymo2 driver. The square ones that sounded like an aluminum bat. Most obnoxious sounding driver in the history of golf.....but really straight!

My favorite Nike club of all time

Hahaha!!

I’ve never thought about buying a Nike Driver, but I’m always open to anything.

What I’ve always been tempted to buy is a set of VR Pro Combo irons, or the Vapor Pro Combo irons, but hopefully this Nike putter will scratch the Nike itch for a while, Lol.

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

9 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

You need to find an old Dymo2 driver. The square ones that sounded like an aluminum bat. Most obnoxious sounding driver in the history of golf.....but really straight!

My favorite Nike club of all time

A friend of a friend that I play with maybe once a year still has his in play. It does sound so bad but he loves it.

• Like 1

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

3 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

A friend of a friend that I play with maybe once a year still has his in play. It does sound so bad but he loves it.

Yeah man, it’s all about using what feels best for your game!

I play with lots of buddies that have 15-20 year old equipment, but they’re comfortable with it and play well with it (sometimes 😉🤣), so who am I to judge them.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, Mr.Salenga said:

Good pickup! Picked up the game last year and my dad lended a ton of stuff for me start with. One of those things was his Nike Method 001 Ryder Cup stamped putter and that thing will never leave the bag ever!

Thanks man! I’m all about playing with what performs best for my game, and the early signs are very good with this Nike putter!

Sounds like a beautiful club man. Can’t bring that up and not give us pictures!!

Gotta feed the wolves here…we’ve gotta eat, Lol!!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 11/17/2023 at 9:07 AM, BallerNate said:

I’ve always been curious to try out a Nike club, and just never pulled the trigger on any of the stuff I came across.

As a former Basketball player and coach, Nike is the dominant force in our sport. But as a Tiger fan, I was also always intrigued about Nike on the Golf side.

Picked this up last night, and I’m hoping to find someone good who can refinish it and freshen it up.

Interestingly, I rolled some putts with it last night and this morning, and it rolls beeeeeautifully!!!

It actually feels like I have better control with it and was sinking more putts with it than my Scotty Squareback 2, and my Tri-Hot 5K.

Time will tell, but wouldn’t it be crazy if this 10 yr old Nike putter ended up beating my 2 shiny new luxury putters, Lol? 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️ 

B99B799F-727D-4189-BDCC-9D52F01EEEAD.jpeg

8DF280CB-6F29-4E8F-B117-822C431B64B5.jpeg

3449AABA-8A42-4146-BD9D-053ACF404C91.jpeg

DB81428D-83E5-4DCC-A263-B7ADC2D42D3E.jpeg

794AA8B0-0432-4F5E-BDDC-94C0F8264FBF.jpeg

Who are you sending it to 

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024

DRIVER - TAYLORMADE M5 9* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK 70 6.5

3WOOD- TAYLORMADE M6 15* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK 80 6.5

2UDI- TAYLORMADE SIM UDI #2 MITSUBISHI DIAMANA THUMP HYBRID 100 XSTIFF

3-PW- MIZUNO MP-53 DYNAMIC GOLD S300

WEDGES- TITLEIST VOKEY SM6 53*S /58*S DYNAMIC GOLD WEDGE

PUTTER- PING G2 ANSER 33.5"  PING PP58 MIDSIZE 

BALL- 24 TAYLORMADE TP5 / 23 SRIXON Z STAR

GRIPS- GOLF PRIDE TOUR VELVET PLUS 4 STANDARD

9 hours ago, BallerNate said:

I play with lots of buddies that have 15-20 year old equipment, but they’re comfortable with it and play well with it (sometimes 😉🤣), so who am I to judge them.

😂 look at my signature…I’m one of those guys 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ping Tour 60* wedge

12 hours ago, Shanks2424 said:

Who are you sending it to 

Still TBD.

There’s a guy here on the East Coast of Canada that makes custom putters and used to do re-finishing.

But he says he doesn’t do re-finishing anymore, so I’m just in the process of begging him to see if he’ll make an exception, Lol.

Otherwise I’ll have to ship it somewhere, or try to re-finish it myself. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, BallerNate said:

Still TBD.

There’s a guy here on the East Coast of Canada that makes custom putters and used to do re-finishing.

But he says he doesn’t do re-finishing anymore, so I’m just in the process of begging him to see if he’ll make an exception, Lol.

Otherwise I’ll have to ship it somewhere, or try to re-finish it myself. 🤷🏽‍♂️

There's Mel at TheIronMan_GolfRefinishing on Instagram he's in Burlington, ON and does a solid job. Also Max at Doghouse Golf in Barrie.

• Thanks 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

21 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

17 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Very few things in life are completely indulgent. Luckily for us golf equipment is one of them. Play whatever you like!

That being said, if I remember correctly when the Dymo2 was new it came with a warning sticker that said “sound may upset infants and animals”. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MattM97 said:

There's Mel at TheIronMan_GolfRefinishing on Instagram he's in Burlington, ON and does a solid job. Also Max at Doghouse Golf in Barrie.

Awesome…thanks my man!!

Just checked out both of their IG profiles and it looks like they both do awesome work!

Will reach out to them both and get quotes ASAP.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

12 hours ago, JetSpeed79 said:

Very few things in life are completely indulgent. Luckily for us golf equipment is one of them. Play whatever you like!

That being said, if I remember correctly when the Dymo2 was new it came with a warning sticker that said “sound may upset infants and animals”. 

You think the real ones were loud you ought to hear the clones. We had a golf shop and built quite a few Sumo and Dymo clones and trust me they were LOUD!!!

• Haha 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

@JetSpeed79 @BIG STU @MtlJeff 🤣🤣 Jeez, you guys have me really curious about how terrible these Drivers actually sounded, Lol!!

Is there any video or audio available anywhere? 

Sounds like these Dymo2 Drivers made the G425 Max sound pleasant, Lol?

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

@JetSpeed79 @BIG STU @MtlJeff 🤣🤣 Jeez, you guys have me really curious about how terrible these Drivers actually sounded, Lol!!

It legit sounded like an aluminum baseball bat

You can kinda make it out but sound isn't good. This is also the SUMO and not the Dymo. The Dymo came after

Lucas Glover famously used the SUMO to win a major. Several spectators were rushed to the hospital for ruptured eardrums

• Haha 2

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I’ve got the 425 max in the bag and it definitely takes some getting used to. The sound also becomes a lot more pleasing as both distance and accuracy improve.

• Like 2

Ping Tour 60* wedge

1 hour ago, MtlJeff said:

It legit sounded like an aluminum baseball bat

You can kinda make it out but sound isn't good. This is also the SUMO and not the Dymo. The Dymo came after

Lucas Glover famously used the SUMO to win a major. Several spectators were rushed to the hospital for ruptured eardrums

Hahaha!! Oh yeah, just like a day at the Little League diamond, Lol!!

Now that I hear that sound it reminded me that I've definitely been paired up with guys who gamed that Driver. I don't know if I could ever get used to that sound no matter how well it performed, Lol.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

I’ve got the 425 max in the bag and it definitely takes some getting used to. The sound also becomes a lot more pleasing as both distance and accuracy improve.

Sorry Mike, wasn't trying to take a shot at your Driver, Lol.

It's the only Driver released over the last couple of years that I know of that a lot of people mention the sound.

I've got a couple of buddies who've gamed it, and I don't think it's that bad. Definitely a distinctive sound though for sure.

The best sounding Driver I've ever owned was the SIM2 Max...that thing sounded phenomenal when you smash one. But sound, feel, and looks are all very subjective for sure.

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 2

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

58 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

It's the only Driver released over the last couple of years that I know of that a lot of people mention the sound.

I've got a couple of buddies who've game it, and I don't think it's that bad. Definitely a distinctive sound though for sure.

The best sounding Driver I've ever owned was the SIM2 Max...that thing sounded phenomenal when you smash one. But sound, feel, and looks are all very subjective for sure.

The clone ones sounded like a big magnified clank in a tin can the best I can describe. Now the best sounding driver besides a Persimmon when you flush it was the Honma G1 X that I still have. When properly flushed with a Z-Star it sounds like a muted .22 rifle with no tink sound

• Like 1

I've got a couple of buddies who've gamed it, and I don't think it's that bad. Definitely a distinctive sound though for sure.

Hey Nate, I did not take it that way at all. It definitely has a distinct sound and I was not completely in love with the it at first because of that. But as I started hitting more fairways and picked up about 15 yards that sound became music to my ear 😂

• Like 2

Ping Tour 60* wedge

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

The clone ones sounded like a big magnified clank in a tin can the best I can describe. Now the best sounding driver besides a Persimmon when you flush it was the Honma G1 X that I still have. When properly flushed with a Z-Star it sounds like a muted .22 rifle with no tink sound

Damn…sounds brutal, Lol!!

Interesting. Definitely never tried a Persimmon, and haven’t tried any Honma clubs along the way either.

I almost pulled the trigger on a beautiful set of Honma TR 20 V irons last year that were on sale, but bought a set of AP2 714’s instead because I had hit AP’s before.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Hey Nate, I did not take it that way at all. It definitely has a distinct sound and I was not completely in love with the it at first because of that. But as I started hitting more fairways and picked up about 15 yards that sound became music to my ear 😂

Haha…yeah, makes sense!

I was actually fitted for a G425 LST when it first came out, and would’ve bought it but they were all sold out in my area and would’ve had to wait for a while. Instead I bought the runner up, the Epic Max LS.

Turned out in the long run the fitter was wrong though, and I don’t do well with low spinning heads. Have thought about buying the G425 Max a few times since then, but just never pulled the trigger.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

3 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Haha…yeah, makes sense!

I was actually fitted for a G425 LST when it first came out, and would’ve bought it but they were all sold out in my area and would’ve had to wait for a while. Instead I bought the runner up, the Epic Max LS.

Turned out in the long run the fitter was wrong though, and I don’t do well with low spinning heads. Have thought about buying the G425 Max a few times since then, but just never pulled the trigger.

I bought mine along with a Nike Vapor Fly at a yard sale because I couldn’t resist the price and needed a driver. Once I got it set up to my specs it has been phenomenal, I would definitely recommend giving one a try if you have the opportunity. I would also recommend trying a persimmon driver, nothing in golf quite feels like catching one on the screws.

• Like 2

Ping Tour 60* wedge

1 hour ago, MikeW2 said:

I bought mine along with a Nike Vapor Fly at a yard sale because I couldn’t resist the price and needed a driver. Once I got it set up to my specs it has been phenomenal, I would definitely recommend giving one a try if you have the opportunity. I would also recommend trying a persimmon driver, nothing in golf quite feels like catching one on the screws.

Very cool....sounds like the best yard sale ever!! 

Happy Lets Go GIF by Holler Studios

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

$250 for both clubs is a pretty good score but I’ve actually had a couple better finds at yard sales over the years. My youngest son’s favorite activity is going for rides so on Sundays I take him for long ones, just drive until we find a route we haven’t been down and see where it takes us. Have come across a few deals passing yard sales or estate sales over the years. A few Scotty Cameron putters for $25 or less, a mint set of S59 irons for $35, a set of Mizuno MP 32 muscle cuts for $60, Nike covert 3 wood for $10. I’ve had some pretty good finds and the resulting flips have seen some nice returns.

• Like 2

Ping Tour 60* wedge

$250 for both clubs is a pretty good score but I’ve actually had a couple better finds at yard sales over the years. My youngest son’s favorite activity is going for rides so on Sundays I take him for long ones, just drive until we find a route we haven’t been down and see where it takes us. Have come across a few deals passing yard sales or estate sales over the years. A few Scotty Cameron putters for $25 or less, a mint set of S59 irons for $35, a set of Mizuno MP 32 muscle cuts for $60, Nike covert 3 wood for $10. I’ve had some pretty good finds and the resulting flips have seen some nice returns.

Wow…amazing!!

I guess I need to start hitting some yard sales then, Lol.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

10 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

If he ever gets in my neck of the woods I have about 50 persimmon drivers he is welcome to hit

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

If he ever gets in my neck of the woods I have about 50 persimmon drivers he is welcome to hit

Sounds great Stu!! Whereabouts are you located?

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I’ve got one left and bring it to the range every now and then for poops and giggles. Still absolutely love the feel, the weight, the sound, really wish that could be replicated with the modern drivers.

• Like 2

Ping Tour 60* wedge

21 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Sounds great Stu!! Whereabouts are you located?

South of Myrtle Beach SC in Murrells Inlet SC

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

South of Myrtle Beach SC in Murrells Inlet SC

Sounds incredible!! I was looking at Myrtle Beach or Charleston travel options last Winter for a family trip/Golf trip, but we didn't end up traveling.

Very expensive from the East Coast of Canada unfortunately. It was between SC, FL, or Mayan Riviera/Mayakoba, last Winter, and was closest to pulling the trigger on Mayakoba!

Hopefully this year, but travel is just so freaking expensive for a family of 4...Ugh!! 

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX