2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

BallerNate’s WITB

1 hour ago, JetSpeed79 said:

Oh man. Is it those new Crikey irons from Australia?

Hahaha!! I did think about ordering a knock-off Japanese putter from Temu over the Holidays if that counts, Lol?

Probably made at the same factory as the Crikey irons!! 😂😂

• Haha 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

48 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

I demand @BallerNate get a custom RJ Barrett headcover

Bahaha!!

That could be a possibility for 2024...not too unreasonable a demand, Lol!!!

I LOVE the RJ and Quickley additions for sure, they should be fantastic fits! I'm a big fan of RJ's, and have known him and his family for many years!!

Now the Raptors just need a Big Man ASAP!! Unfortunately Boucher still has the build of a 12 yr old girl, and Kaloko can't guard his own shadow, Lol!!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

10 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Bahaha!!

That could be a possibility for 2024...not too unreasonable a demand, Lol!!!

I LOVE the RJ and Quickley additions for sure, they should be fantastic fits! I'm a big fan of RJ's, and have known him and his family for many years!!

Now the Raptors just need a Big Man ASAP!! Unfortunately Boucher still has the build of a 12 yr old girl, and Kaloko can't guard his own shadow, Lol!!

I loved the acquisition, i never understood why the Raptors didn't go hard after him or Wiggins earlier. I mean if you are gonna have a 42-40 team, you at least know the fans will totally get behind a hometown guy. We've had a team for 25 years, and there are so many good Canadians....yet we've never had a good Canadian here

We should trade for Wiggins too. We got a title in 2019......let Canada have this! 

In terms of pure basketball, they need more shooting (maybe one day Gradey Dick will play basketball) but i don't care right now. Just gonna be fun to cheer for Barrett. 

Anyone our age----Rowan Barrett was the OG Canadian player!

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I loved the acquisition, i never understood why the Raptors didn't go hard after him or Wiggins earlier. I mean if you are gonna have a 42-40 team, you at least know the fans will totally get behind a hometown guy. We've had a team for 25 years, and there are so many good Canadians....yet we've never had a good Canadian here

We should trade for Wiggins too. We got a title in 2019......let Canada have this! 

In terms of pure basketball, they need more shooting (maybe one day Gradey Dick will play basketball) but i don't care right now. Just gonna be fun to cheer for Barrett. 

Anyone our age----Rowan Barrett was the OG Canadian player!

Agree 100%, a Canadian born star was long overdue for the Raptors!!

Absolutely man, will never forget Rowan Barrett and Steve Nash as the 1-2 punch that led Canada to Olympics!!

Going to be really fun to watch RJ with the Raptors as he continues to grow and develop!! 

Edited by BallerNate

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Posted (edited)

On a different note, here’s what my wife and kids got me for Christmas!

I definitely appreciate that they now know all I really want for Christmas is Golf stuff, and they got the top 2 things on my list (other than unnecessary equipment purchases)! 

Going to be increasing my speed over the Winter and grooving my swing for the season! And how could I live in Nova Scotia and not have a Dormie headcover (handmade in Halifax)! 😍🙏🏽 

43B81AED-3ED0-413F-8B43-39561505E725.jpeg

41EE1A46-44BB-4707-AABD-EBFBD45C9CDA.jpeg

D91860FE-A7AF-4087-BC8C-E5B1787548A7.jpeg

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 2

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

3 hours ago, BallerNate said:

On a different note, here’s what my wife and kids got me for Christmas!

I definitely appreciate that they now know all I really want for Christmas is Golf stuff, and they got the top 2 things on my list (other than unnecessary equipment purchases)! 

Going to be increasing my speed over the Winter and grooving my swing for the season! And how could I live in Nova Scotia and not have a Dormie headcover (handmade in Halifax)! 😍🙏🏽 

43B81AED-3ED0-413F-8B43-39561505E725.jpeg

41EE1A46-44BB-4707-AABD-EBFBD45C9CDA.jpeg

D91860FE-A7AF-4087-BC8C-E5B1787548A7.jpeg

These look fantastic! What a huge upgrade from those Kobe things 😂#bleedgreen

• Haha 1

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

3 hours ago, CDLgolf said:

That's a great head cover !!

Thanks man, much appreciated!!

My first Dormie…you can definitely see the quality and time they put into it! 🔥🔥

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

These look fantastic! What a huge upgrade from those Kobe things 😂#bleedgreen

Hahaha!! Thanks for the backhanded compliment Mike, Lol!!

Don’t worry, I’ve still got lots of Mamba head covers to pull out for my rounds with Celtics fans! 😉🤣

• Haha 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

9 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

Seriously nice looking headcovers! 

Thanks Mike, much appreciated my man!

Yeah, I like the all-white look! I have a white Cowboys headcover, but it looks kinda cheap and cheesy. This Dormie makes it a much more premium look for sure! 😎👌🏽

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Special delivery today!! These are the irons I decided to pull the trigger on just 2 weeks after picking up a set of ZX5’s!

Now you can see why…these Nike Vapor Speed irons made my heart skip a beat for sure!!

We’ll see how they hit! It’ll end up in one of 3 scenarios:

1) Nike Vapor’s Win

2) Srixon ZX5’s Win

3) I’ll end up with some kind of combo set that will keep me up at night, Lol!! 😍🔥 

330A672F-492A-4B44-B3D5-55C87F48B37C.jpeg

C1FD8182-D08D-4897-B557-93969962DE73.jpeg

CA771F2D-21C3-4570-8298-10A3BCF30F80.jpeg

B407AFB4-E0B7-4570-B436-A99FDAC5F562.jpeg

I don’t typically notice other people’s bags on the course (I know, I know), but these would get my attention. Stand out clubs for sure. 

• Thanks 1

😂 or the inevitable 4th scenario…something else catches your eye.

Those are fantastic irons! I’ve got a feeling that you’re going to be very happy with them.

• Haha 1

Ping Tour 60* wedge

4 hours ago, JetSpeed79 said:

I don’t typically notice other people’s bags on the course (I know, I know), but these would get my attention. Stand out clubs for sure. 

Thanks man, much appreciated!!

We’ll see how they perform, but there’s no doubt they pass the eye-test for sure!

Definitely think Nike was ahead of their time, and I’m super curious as to what they would be making today if they were still in the equipment business…

• Like 2

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

😂 or the inevitable 4th scenario…something else catches your eye.

Those are fantastic irons! I’ve got a feeling that you’re going to be very happy with them.

Bahaha!! Man, I can’t really argue with that 4th scenario being a possibility, Lol!

Yeah, I can’t wait to test them out! All the reviews I watched had the testers googley-eyed and saying “Wow” over and over again…should be fun!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

36 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Bahaha!! Man, I can’t really argue with that 4th scenario being a possibility, Lol!

Yeah, I can’t wait to test them out! All the reviews I watched had the testers googley-eyed and saying “Wow” over and over again…should be fun!

I tried them out when they were first released very solid feeling and produced a very boring flight for me. I was deep into what may be called “BallerNate” syndrome flipping clubs as often as I changed my underwear. So I flipped them after about 2-3 weeks. Honestly wished I’d hung on to them and really given them a fair shot.

• Like 1

Ping Tour 60* wedge

I tried them out when they were first released very solid feeling and produced a very boring flight for me. I was deep into what may be called “BallerNate” syndrome flipping clubs as often as I changed my underwear. So I flipped them after about 2-3 weeks. Honestly wished I’d hung on to them and really given them a fair shot.

Hahaha...yeah, I understand "BallerNate syndrome" for sure!! 😂

Nice, good to hear that feedback. Definitely looking forward to hitting the Vapor's and the ZX5's, and am totally open-minded to every possible scenario. Will try to book some simulator time in the next couple of weeks and see how it goes! 😎

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Hahaha...yeah, I understand "BallerNate syndrome" for sure!! 😂

Nice, good to hear that feedback. Definitely looking forward to hitting the Vapor's and the ZX5's, and am totally open-minded to every possible scenario. Will try to book some simulator time in the next couple of weeks and see how it goes! 😎

Serious question as I have not used a simulator in probably 20 or more years, how do you find your distances and shot pattern/flight compared to what you see outside? And I know that you are a pretty tall guy, do you ever feel like there should be more room? I stopped going because what I was seeing indoors was nothing even close to what I would see on course and I always felt like I was going to hit the ceiling or a petition. I know everything is much better now than back then and was thinking about trying out a new place that just opened near me.

Ping Tour 60* wedge

1 hour ago, MikeW2 said:

Serious question as I have not used a simulator in probably 20 or more years, how do you find your distances and shot pattern/flight compared to what you see outside? And I know that you are a pretty tall guy, do you ever feel like there should be more room? I stopped going because what I was seeing indoors was nothing even close to what I would see on course and I always felt like I was going to hit the ceiling or a petition. I know everything is much better now than back then and was thinking about trying out a new place that just opened near me.

Yeah. I take simulators with a grain of salt.

I find the distances are nowhere near my distances out on the course. But the flight trajectory is decently realistic for me.

So all I use simulators for is to be able to take full swings and be able to hit real balls. And to see how the clubs feel and what trajectories look like.

There’s definitely some tight simulators in terms of space, but probably 95% of them are in a space where most people can take full swings relatively risk free.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 1/5/2024 at 10:18 AM, BallerNate said:

Special delivery today!! These are the irons I decided to pull the trigger on just 2 weeks after picking up a set of ZX5’s!

Now you can see why…these Nike Vapor Speed irons made my heart skip a beat for sure!!

We’ll see how they hit! It’ll end up in one of 3 scenarios:

1) Nike Vapor’s Win

2) Srixon ZX5’s Win

3) I’ll end up with some kind of combo set that will keep me up at night, Lol!! 😍🔥 

330A672F-492A-4B44-B3D5-55C87F48B37C.jpeg

C1FD8182-D08D-4897-B557-93969962DE73.jpeg

CA771F2D-21C3-4570-8298-10A3BCF30F80.jpeg

B407AFB4-E0B7-4570-B436-A99FDAC5F562.jpeg

I see u already have Nike putter, Nike clubs and Nike bag…Gonna be hard to find some Nike engage wedges that ppl have raved to be really good 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eeecc said:

I see u already have Nike putter, Nike clubs and Nike bag…Gonna be hard to find some Nike engage wedges that ppl have raved to be really good 

As I’m reading your post, I’m picturing you like this saying; “Come to the Dark-side Luke…” 🤣🤣 

sith GIF

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Those wedges were good but I’m not sure if they are still consistent conforming.

• Like 1

Ping Tour 60* wedge

10 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

Those wedges were good but I’m not sure if they are still consistent conforming.

Yeah, makes sense.

I really like my Cleveland wedges anyways, so probably wouldn’t change them just to have “an All-Nike bag”.

If I came across the right Nike wedges though, of course I’d pick some up and test them out.

• Haha 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Nate Dogg it's entertaining to pop into the thread to see the turnover and your enthusiasm!  Variety is the spice of life, and as a Frankenstein bagger I’d support a unique Srixon Nike combo!

Nike Vapor Pro Combo got a lot of love on wrx (still use the gap wedge and go into Cleveland too).  Finau and Koepka still use Vapor Fly Pro 3 irons I believe.  It was sad seeing Nike leave golf equipment, but they left quality stuff with the Vapor line and past ones.  Nice find with the Speeds.

• Thanks 1

D Cobra LTDx, OG HZ Black 62 6.5 3W OG Ping Rapture, OG HZ Black 75 6.0 20°H Ping G20, CTLX 4I Mizuno JPX 921 HMP, RIPα105X 5I Cobra F9, CTLX 5I-PW Mizuno MP-54, CTLX GW Nike VPC, V120X 54, 60 CBX Zipcore, V120X Cure RX4. WITB Link. CAD Designs on IG @joostin.golf

13 hours ago, joostin said:

Nate Dogg it's entertaining to pop into the thread to see the turnover and your enthusiasm!  Variety is the spice of life, and as a Frankenstein bagger I’d support a unique Srixon Nike combo!

Nike Vapor Pro Combo got a lot of love on wrx (still use the gap wedge and go into Cleveland too).  Finau and Koepka still use Vapor Fly Pro 3 irons I believe.  It was sad seeing Nike leave golf equipment, but they left quality stuff with the Vapor line and past ones.  Nice find with the Speeds.

Thanks for the kind words my man, much appreciated!!

Yeah, it's been a wild ride for me to learn the game of Golf, and learn about the equipment side of things as well. Finally starting to figure it all out a little bit, and it's less of a guessing game/learning curve.

The Nike Vapor Speed / ZX5 combo is a real possibility, but playing the full set of Vapor Speed is also very possible. They're just absolutely gorgeous to look at, and from just hitting bump & runs on my putting mat, the sound and feel on them is surprisingly good for a thicker iron.

Definitely wish Nike still made equipment...I imagine the stuff they'd be making today would be absolutely mind-blowing!! 

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX